Can someone explain a legitimate argument for protecting illegal immigrants in the US?

You cherry pick through my post and pick out the negatrive things but what I posted was from my own personal experience

Sure work, then they send the money out of the US. They break our laws. They scam our social systems. They want to live and work here, then pay up everything that they have already taken from us, go back home and get in line.

Sounds great as long as it isn't YOUR life, your existence or your family in the balance.

They come here for work, and they don't 'scam' our system. Turn off Faux news and stop being a parrot. There are many Americans who need help and can't get government assistance. What makes you think anyone can just get food stamps etc?

I dont have TV

Sure work, then they send the money out of the US. They break our laws. They scam our social systems. They want to live and work here, then pay up everything that they have already taken from us, go back home and get in line.

Sounds great as long as it isn't YOUR life, your existence or your family in the balance.

They come here for work, and they don't 'scam' our system. Turn off Faux news and stop being a parrot. There are many Americans who need help and can't get government assistance. What makes you think anyone can just get food stamps etc?

Yes some of them do LIKE I SAID

sure they can pay their back taxes, pay back for the food stamps, medical, education etc. that they have used for years, then they can go back to their own country and wait at the end of the line behind everyone else, and go through the process.

They come here to work. They work hard and put our citizens to shame.

There are examples of that, but i believe its a distorted truth. There are millions of hardworking americans, maybe just not in Marin County. Ive known illegal immigrants in my own life. One is a friend. Ive worked with some who were hard workers like you say. Ive known others who where complete pieces of shit and sold Tar heroine, I knew one who stole my car and I had to get it back at my own risk, some come here who have absolutely no respect for us and others are the sweetest people on earth. But the problem is , were not checking out who is comming across the border. theres no excuse for it. My great Grandparents had to go through the process, same as others

Do you know any Americans who are complete pieces of shit, sell heroine or steal cars? When you start 'profiling' you will be rightly chastised and abdicate the argument.

America is no haven of social safety nets. Wake up.

Your profiling by saying they all work hard and put americans to shame. what the fuck do you think that is

It is the truth. Most illegal immigrants take jobs Americans turn their nose up on and they participate in the workforce at higher rates than native-born Americans

I dont have TV

Are you sure? You don't even know who you are. Are you Greeneyedlady?

I dont have TV

Are you sure? You don't even know who you are. Are you Greeneyedlady?

Sorry, made a mistake theere

sure they can pay their back taxes, pay back for the food stamps, medical, education etc. that they have used for years, then they can go back to their own country and wait at the end of the line behind everyone else, and go through the process.

There are examples of that, but i believe its a distorted truth. There are millions of hardworking americans, maybe just not in Marin County. Ive known illegal immigrants in my own life. One is a friend. Ive worked with some who were hard workers like you say. Ive known others who where complete pieces of shit and sold Tar heroine, I knew one who stole my car and I had to get it back at my own risk, some come here who have absolutely no respect for us and others are the sweetest people on earth. But the problem is , were not checking out who is comming across the border. theres no excuse for it. My great Grandparents had to go through the process, same as others

Do you know any Americans who are complete pieces of shit, sell heroine or steal cars? When you start 'profiling' you will be rightly chastised and abdicate the argument.

Your profiling by saying they all work hard and put americans to shame. what the fuck do you think that is

It is the truth. Most illegal immigrants take jobs Americans turn their nose up on and they participate in the workforce at higher rates than native-born Americans
They work illegally, breaking the law.

Why is it ok for Latin americans to come here illegaly and then not everyone else from all over the world. ? Why bother having an immigration law att all ? whats the point, you come here you stay. Why should anyone else wait in line? theres no reason to wait in line. I tried to help a friend bring here niece here as a student from Kenya, We had a foster family set up, The Ach Diocese in SF had given her the OK and she was accepted on a scholarship by a Highschool in Marin County who wanted her, and she was still denied. Why is that fair, when other people can just walk accross th eborder? granted, there is a lot of corruption in our US embassy in Kenya, but its actually something my kenyan friend pointed out to me as well.

I dont believe American people wont work hard, it may depend on where you are looking, theres a lot of Americans who are not working, yes. But importing other foreign workers is not going to solve that problem, just perpetuate it more. Im not against Immigration, but you need to know who is coming over the border, There were a lot of white europeans who wer not accepted and sent back from Ellis Island, every country has a right to control its immigration. and every other country does except for the US

What utter BS! There are no jobs that Americans won't do for a fair wage. Who the hell do you think did them before the arrival of millions of illegal aliens willing to work for less? WTH are you talking about? We have only 12-20- million illegal aliens in this country with a population of 320 million. How the hell can you make the stupid claim that they participate in our workforce at higher rates than natives? Illegal immigration is against the law. What part of that aren't you getting?

No right winger even wants to admit that business wants immigrants here. They feel it just can't be. They LOVE business. Why would business turn on them? Must be some mistake.

I am a conservative and I know both Republicans and Democrats hire illegal aliens to increase their profits while denying Americans a job at a fair wage and passing the social costs of their illegal workforce on to the taxpayer. No law abiding American loves these greedy employers and wants them held accountable. So WTH are you talking about? By the way, illegal aliens aren't "immigrants".

I know it is a big deal for many of us...
I've always been "against" illegal immigration and do not find anything morally wrong with deporting people who come into the United States illegally. Moreover I support this policy.
Do you have people who come to the country illegally, who US citizens are now defending. Why? Why do they have any claims to the rights that legal citizens/workers in the US enjoy? They cheated the system, and people don't think they should be punished or deported. How is it fair that thousands of people work their asses off just for a chance to stay in the US while others come in illegally and then are defended against deportation? How can you discourage people from cheating the system if you just reward them if they manage to cross the border illegally?
When it comes to the children of illegal immigrants, I'm really unsure of what's the best course of action is, so I'd prefer to stick to discussing illegal immigrants who don't have children born in the US.
problems-with-illegal-immigration.jpg
It is all about the "D"!

I admire their desire to work and better themselves.

I wish that every time we caught a working illegal, we could ship a welfare bum to the illegal's country of origin.

What utter BS! There are no jobs that Americans won't do for a fair wage. Who the hell do you think did them before the arrival of millions of illegal aliens willing to work for less? WTH are you talking about? We have only 12-20- million illegal aliens in this country with a population of 320 million. How the hell can you make the stupid claim that they participate in our workforce at higher rates than natives? Illegal immigration is against the law. What part of that aren't you getting?
What is a fair wage for a semi-literate self-consumed average American 18 year old that has to be trained to know you show up at work on time?

But they aren't here illegally.
Mexicans commit crimes and go back to mexico to avoid prosecution.

Thats bullshit. As I've said here at least a dozen times........
I watched machine shops go from maybe 3% hispanic to over 80% hispanic in the course of twenty years. And guess what..wages went stagnant because of it.
You need to get out of your moms basement and see the real world.

Why is it ok for Latin americans to come here illegaly and then not everyone else from all over the world. ? Why bother having an immigration law att all ? whats the point, you come here you stay. Why should anyone else wait in line? theres no reason to wait in line. I tried to help a friend bring here niece here as a student from Kenya, We had a foster family set up, The Ach Diocese in SF had given her the OK and she was accepted on a scholarship by a Highschool in Marin County who wanted her, and she was still denied. Why is that fair, when other people can just walk accross th eborder? granted, there is a lot of corruption in our US embassy in Kenya, but its actually something my kenyan friend pointed out to me as well.

I dont believe American people wont work hard, it may depend on where you are looking, theres a lot of Americans who are not working, yes. But importing other foreign workers is not going to solve that problem, just perpetuate it more. Im not against Immigration, but you need to know who is coming over the border, There were a lot of white europeans who wer not accepted and sent back from Ellis Island, every country has a right to control its immigration. and every other country does except for the US

The issue of immigration as most other issues this country faces need to be LIBERALIZED, not become more conservative which is a synonym for punitive.

The restrictions on "legal" immigration are so punitive that there is no line to get into, unless you live to be 100 years old.

An immigration black market only exists because the government has made the legal market so small and restricted. For example, if an Indian waiting for an employment-based green card (EB-3) applied in 2002, he would advance to the next stage sometime in 2012. That's a 10-year wait for a skilled immigrant with a job offer from a U.S. firm.

Factoring in the enormous monetary and legal costs that exclude most potential applicants, a mere small fraction of applicants for employment-based green cards even bother applying with, and there's still a long wait-list. And that's for skilled immigrants. Except for relatives of American citizens and green card holders, there really is no legal way for more than a small number of people to come here legally to work every year. No wonder a black market exists and the expectation of corruption is omnipresent. ref

The issue of immigration as most other issues this country faces need to be LIBERALIZED, not become more conservative which is a synonym for punitive.

The restrictions on "legal" immigration are so punitive that there is no line to get into, unless you live to be 100 years old.

An immigration black market only exists because the government has made the legal market so small and restricted. For example, if an Indian waiting for an employment-based green card (EB-3) applied in 2002, he would advance to the next stage sometime in 2012. That's a 10-year wait for a skilled immigrant with a job offer from a U.S. firm.

Factoring in the enormous monetary and legal costs that exclude most potential applicants, a mere small fraction of applicants for employment-based green cards even bother applying with, and there's still a long wait-list. And that's for skilled immigrants. Except for relatives of American citizens and green card holders, there really is no legal way for more than a small number of people to come here legally to work every year. No wonder a black market exists and the expectation of corruption is omnipresent. ref
Tough cookies. Millions of people have immigrated legally through the system. They waited and paid. Why should someone who disregards our laws be given a free ride? It's a slap in the face to Law Abiding LEGAL Immigrants.

Do you think we have annual quotas for legal immigration just for laughs? Are you really this stupid? We have 23 million Americans out of work and our social and natural resources are being stretched thin.already and you want more immigrants? WTH? We don't need any unskilled, uneducated immigrants. They are a burden to our society and end up on our welfare coffers via their U.S. born kids.

A black market only exists because the employers want to pay less not that they can't find an American to do the job for a fair wage. Educate yourself on this issue because you are either totally clueless, hire illegal aliens for more profit, a dumb bleeding heart liberal or you have ethnic ties to most illegals that are here. Which is it?

What is a fair wage for a semi-literate self-consumed average American 18 year old that has to be trained to know you show up at work on time?

Your attempt to demonize the average American worker is laughable, and desperate to say the very least. Anything to justify the unjustifiable though, right ? We have sensible immigration laws. Don't like it tough!

I admire their desire to work and better themselves.

I wish that every time we caught a working illegal, we could ship a welfare bum to the illegal's country of origin.

Most Americans don't desire to work and better themselves? The difference is they have a right to live and work in this country and illegal aliens do not! They do not hold the corner of the market on good work ethics either. Many of them are living off the welfare that they get thru their U.S. born kids. Take your anti-American hatred and shove it where the sun don't shine. Or better yet get the hell out of this country since our laws mean nothing to you!

Forum List

Back