Can someone explain a legitimate argument for protecting illegal immigrants in the US?

Repeal the anchor baby act. It's simple enough. There is no other country the size of the US that allows an illegal to use and abuse their social systems and pay for an illegal to have a child here and give them rights without paying. Deport them all.

sure they can pay their back taxes, pay back for the food stamps, medical, education etc. that they have used for years, then they can go back to their own country and wait at the end of the line behind everyone else, and go through the process.

They come here to work. They work hard and put our citizens to shame.

There are examples of that, but i believe its a distorted truth. There are millions of hardworking americans, maybe just not in Marin County. Ive known illegal immigrants in my own life. One is a friend. Ive worked with some who were hard workers like you say. Ive known others who where complete pieces of shit and sold Tar heroine, I knew one who stole my car and I had to get it back at my own risk, some come here who have absolutely no respect for us and others are the sweetest people on earth. But the problem is , were not checking out who is comming across the border. theres no excuse for it. My great Grandparents had to go through the process, same as others

Do you know any Americans who are complete pieces of shit, sell heroine or steal cars? When you start 'profiling' you will be rightly chastised and abdicate the argument.

America is no haven of social safety nets. Wake up.

Your profiling by saying they all work hard and put americans to shame. what the fuck do you think that is

It is the truth. Most illegal immigrants take jobs Americans turn their nose up on and they participate in the workforce at higher rates than native-born Americans
Until they realize that they can hop on that same gravy train. Then the newest criminal trespassers can pick your grapes.

There are examples of that, but i believe its a distorted truth. There are millions of hardworking americans, maybe just not in Marin County. Ive known illegal immigrants in my own life. One is a friend. Ive worked with some who were hard workers like you say. Ive known others who where complete pieces of shit and sold Tar heroine, I knew one who stole my car and I had to get it back at my own risk, some come here who have absolutely no respect for us and others are the sweetest people on earth. But the problem is , were not checking out who is comming across the border. theres no excuse for it. My great Grandparents had to go through the process, same as others

Do you know any Americans who are complete pieces of shit, sell heroine or steal cars? When you start 'profiling' you will be rightly chastised and abdicate the argument.

America is no haven of social safety nets. Wake up.

Your profiling by saying they all work hard and put americans to shame. what the fuck do you think that is

It is the truth. Most illegal immigrants take jobs Americans turn their nose up on and they participate in the workforce at higher rates than native-born Americans

What utter BS! There are no jobs that Americans won't do for a fair wage. Who the hell do you think did them before the arrival of millions of illegal aliens willing to work for less? WTH are you talking about? We have only 12-20- million illegal aliens in this country with a population of 320 million. How the hell can you make the stupid claim that they participate in our workforce at higher rates than natives? Illegal immigration is against the law. What part of that aren't you getting?
Take away all the "free" govt bs and you'd be surprised how many Americans would take these jobs.

sure they can pay their back taxes, pay back for the food stamps, medical, education etc. that they have used for years, then they can go back to their own country and wait at the end of the line behind everyone else, and go through the process.

Speak for yourself you fucking traitorous ****.
You'd best spit out the feathers. It clogs the natural bodily functions and ends coming back up. Just so you know eating more chicken feathers doesn't clean out your system, or brush out stupidity Thus we see you spewing vile regurgitated fowl and really nasty filth. Cleanse your system and brush your teeth. Get an enema. Then I will consider addressing you again. Until you do, you are nothing but the chicken shit I spread on my lawn as fertilizer.

Whatever you say ding dong.

156584_600.jpg

I know it is a big deal for many of us...
I've always been "against" illegal immigration and do not find anything morally wrong with deporting people who come into the United States illegally. Moreover I support this policy.
Do you have people who come to the country illegally, who US citizens are now defending. Why? Why do they have any claims to the rights that legal citizens/workers in the US enjoy? They cheated the system, and people don't think they should be punished or deported. How is it fair that thousands of people work their asses off just for a chance to stay in the US while others come in illegally and then are defended against deportation? How can you discourage people from cheating the system if you just reward them if they manage to cross the border illegally?
When it comes to the children of illegal immigrants, I'm really unsure of what's the best course of action is, so I'd prefer to stick to discussing illegal immigrants who don't have children born in the US.
problems-with-illegal-immigration.jpg

'Can someone explain a legitimate argument for protecting illegal immigrants in the US?'

Define the term 'legitimate argument'.

Does it have to make any sense?

'Can someone explain a legitimate argument for protecting illegal immigrants in the US?'

Gladly. There are 5 million jobs available in the US.

Report Economy Will Face Shortage of 5 Million Workers in 2020 - US News

There Are Now More Than Five Million Job Openings in America - Bloomberg Business

Business knows it has the right wingnut vote sewn up. But it needs skilled workers. Would you turn over a million dollar piece of equipment to an ignorant anti science wingnut? Of course not.

At the same time, the educated tend to vote Democrat. For obvious reasons. And illegals can't vote.

This is where it get's tricky. Republicans are afraid these people will take THEIR jobs. Only Republicans are too lazy to do field work and don't have the technical background to do anything skilled. So of course, illegals won't take THEIR jobs because Republicans aren't qualified for much of anything. Their only real talent is trying to bring down the country and complaining about paying their fair share. Even they can't name a single GOP policy for the last 40 years that has helped the majority of Americans and the reason they want to put troops everywhere is because reality freaks them out. But no matter how many troops there are, Republicans will never feel safe. There will never be enough troops. Republicans are simply too out of phase with this reality.

So illegal aliens have been coming here for decades to fill a supposed shortage of workers in 2020? LOL! Only Republicans have done blue-collared jobs like construction, landscaping and lost their jobs to illegal aliens? None of those Americans workers that were displaced were Democrats because they were too smart for those jobs? As for crop picking no American whether they be they be a Republican or a Democrat will make a career out of that for the obvious reasons. But guess what oh clueless one we have the unlimited H-2A visas for legal, foreign crop pickers so there is no reason to hire illegal aliens for that job except for pure greed. Most black Americans are Democrats so why aren't you bitching about them not picking corps? Hypocrite!

There are not 5 million job openings for unskillled, uneducated people and that is what they illegal aliens are. There are not 5 million jobs openings even for skilled workers that can't be filled by an Americans.

It is a known fact that some illegals vote by cheating the system. however that's not the issue. The Democrats are pandering to the Hispanic citizen vote by promising their illegal amigos amnesty in spite of the fact that it Is a detriment to our country. Hispanics apparently think their ethnic group is above our immigration laws. with their tribal mentality.

You can take your other smears, lies and hatred of conservative Americans and shove it where the sun don't shine!

All persons in the United States are entitled to due process of the law, including those undocumented (Plyler v. Doe (1982)). That one is in the country absent documentation doesn't necessarily mean he is 'illegal,' where one is not 'illegal' until determined as such in a court of law.

This issue therefore is not one of undocumented immigrants entering the country, but the unwarranted fear and hate of those hostile to immigrants, and their refusal to allow immigration reform that will address the issue in compliance with the Constitution's requirement that all persons in fact be afforded due process of the law.

Why do you hate and are such a traitor to your own country?

My opinion: here are some arguments not for illegal immigration, but against increasing and harsh punishment of illegal immigration:
  • The severity of punishment should fit the severity of the crime. We don't put people in prison for, say, double-parking, for instance.
  • We need to treat people humanely, no matter how much they have offended our personal sense of morality or justice.
  • Illegal immigrants actually add materially to our economy and even our tax base.
  • Illegal immigrants are often performing work Americans are largely unwilling to perform.

Repeal the anchor baby act. It's simple enough. There is no other country the size of the US that allows an illegal to use and abuse their social systems and pay for an illegal to have a child here and give them rights without paying. Deport them all.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

My opinion: here are some arguments not for illegal immigration, but against increasing and harsh punishment of illegal immigration:
  • The severity of punishment should fit the severity of the crime. We don't put people in prison for, say, double-parking, for instance.
  • We need to treat people humanely, no matter how much they have offended our personal sense of morality or justice.
  • Illegal immigrants actually add materially to our economy and even our tax base.
  • Illegal immigrants are often performing work Americans are largely unwilling to perform.

You're so out of touch with reality that it isn't even funny and by the way what part of we have immigration laws aren't you comprehending? Educate yourself on this subject instead of spouting anti-American propaganda and lies.

Of course no! I understand that illegals are "useful" for our country and for economy, but not when their number is SO HIGH!
And of course somebody will talk about cheap workers or something else, but i don't think it's "Legitimate arguments"

I know it is a big deal for many of us...
I've always been "against" illegal immigration and do not find anything morally wrong with deporting people who come into the United States illegally. Moreover I support this policy.
Do you have people who come to the country illegally, who US citizens are now defending. Why? Why do they have any claims to the rights that legal citizens/workers in the US enjoy? They cheated the system, and people don't think they should be punished or deported. How is it fair that thousands of people work their asses off just for a chance to stay in the US while others come in illegally and then are defended against deportation? How can you discourage people from cheating the system if you just reward them if they manage to cross the border illegally?
When it comes to the children of illegal immigrants, I'm really unsure of what's the best course of action is, so I'd prefer to stick to discussing illegal immigrants who don't have children born in the US.
problems-with-illegal-immigration.jpg

It has to do with our federal form of government. Immigration into the Union is no longer a States' right, since 1808. Thus, the several States have no Constitutional basis to care (under our limited form of Government), if someone is from out of State or from out of state.

States have a right to ensure Commerce is lawful within the State via their inspection laws.

We also have a federal doctrine and State laws regarding the concept of employment at will.

And, we already pay taxes for our general government.

The private sector should not be burdened with a public sector task.

Of course no! I understand that illegals are "useful" for our country and for economy, but not when their number is SO HIGH!
And of course somebody will talk about cheap workers or something else, but i don't think it's "Legitimate arguments"

They are only useful to the greedy employers that hire them. The rest of us suffer from loss of jobs, reduced wages and higher taxes because of their enormous social costs. Not to mention our crowded schools, jails and hospitals and higher crime rates which includes them stealing an American's ID to work and the pain and suffering from that.

They are only useful to the greedy employers that hire them. The rest of us suffer from loss of jobs, reduced wages and higher taxes because of their enormous social costs. Not to mention our crowded schools, jails and hospitals and higher crime rates which includes them stealing an American's ID to work and the pain and suffering from that.
It is why it is important for the People to understand that there is no appeal to ignorance of our Commerce Clause and that we should not be losing money on Commerce at our borders.

Rain during a drought is welcome. Rain during a flood is not.

Same with immigration. There are times when a country needs it, and other times when it exacerbates the problems of a country. That dynamic is evident in the rise and fall of the Roman Empire.

It only seems bad now, because the right cannot find Good Capitalists to make money with our Commerce Clause and an official Mint.

Even illegal immigration was not a problem with massive federal budget surpluses.

They vote Democrat because the Democrats give them money, drivers licenses, and welfare benefits and that is why some protect illegal immigrants.

Grow up. A driver's license is not a passport or de facto evidence of citizenship. It is an ID, one which Identifies the holder as a non citizen. It also means the holder of the license has some driver training and understands the rules of the road.

As for welfare,

"The extent to which residents of the United States who are not U.S. citizens should be eligible for federally funded public aid has been a contentious issue since the 1990s. This issue meets at the intersection of two major policy areas: immigration policy and welfare policy. The eligibility of noncitizens for public assistance programs is based on a complex set of rules that are determined largely by the type of noncitizen in question and the nature of services being offered. Over the past 18 years, Congress has enacted significant changes in U.S. immigration policy and welfare policy. Congress has exercised oversight of revisions made by the 1996 welfare reform law (the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act, P.L. 104-193)—including the rules governing noncitizen eligibility for public assistance that it established—and legislation covering programs with major restrictions on noncitizens’ eligibility (e.g., food stamps/SNAP, Medicaid)."

Link: http://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL33809.pdf

You have a problem with this, send Boehner a letter and tell him. He and McConnell refuse to put comprehensive Immigration Reform in a bill solely for political reasons. Their base wants 'em all deported, as you likely do. The fact is to do so is fiscally irresponsible as each person is required do process, including representation by an attorney.

There is also a factor of concern to all but the most callous conservatives, the so called anchor babies, a topic which might require a repeal of a part of the 14th Amendment (read section one), and those children brought into the United States as minors who have no experience living anywhere else and in many cases speak and understand English only.

They vote Democrat because the Democrats give them money, drivers licenses, and welfare benefits and that is why some protect illegal immigrants.

Grow up. A driver's license is not a passport or de facto evidence of citizenship. It is an ID, one which Identifies the holder as a non citizen. It also means the holder of the license has some driver training and understands the rules of the road.

As for welfare,

"The extent to which residents of the United States who are not U.S. citizens should be eligible for federally funded public aid has been a contentious issue since the 1990s. This issue meets at the intersection of two major policy areas: immigration policy and welfare policy. The eligibility of noncitizens for public assistance programs is based on a complex set of rules that are determined largely by the type of noncitizen in question and the nature of services being offered. Over the past 18 years, Congress has enacted significant changes in U.S. immigration policy and welfare policy. Congress has exercised oversight of revisions made by the 1996 welfare reform law (the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act, P.L. 104-193)—including the rules governing noncitizen eligibility for public assistance that it established—and legislation covering programs with major restrictions on noncitizens’ eligibility (e.g., food stamps/SNAP, Medicaid)."

Link: http://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL33809.pdf

You have a problem with this, send Boehner a letter and tell him. He and McConnell refuse to put comprehensive Immigration Reform in a bill solely for political reasons. Their base wants 'em all deported, as you likely do. The fact is to do so is fiscally irresponsible as each person is required do process, including representation by an attorney.

There is also a factor of concern to all but the most callous conservatives, the so called anchor babies, a topic which might require a repeal of a part of the 14th Amendment (read section one), and those children brought into the United States as minors who have no experience living anywhere else and in many cases speak and understand English only.

You're the one who needs to grow up! We have immigration laws and quotas in place for good reasons. Illegal immigration negates that sane policy. Why would we conservatives contact our elected officials and ask them to pass an amnesty which is exactly what CIR is rather than enforcing our immigration laws and removing the incentives for illegal aliens to remain here?

Illegal aliens gets all kinds of welfare thru their U.S. born kids. Birthright citizenship should be denied to them which is another incentive why they come here.

As for the ids they drag over our border illegally their parents shouldn't be rewarded for that by allowing them to remain here. They know the culture and language of their homeland otherwise how do you think they communicate with their parents?

This isn't being calloused nor is it a conservative vs liberal issue. This is a American law issue.

Forum List

Back