Can someone explain a legitimate argument for protecting illegal immigrants in the US?

Donald Polish

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2014
Kansas City
I know it is a big deal for many of us...
I've always been "against" illegal immigration and do not find anything morally wrong with deporting people who come into the United States illegally. Moreover I support this policy.
Do you have people who come to the country illegally, who US citizens are now defending. Why? Why do they have any claims to the rights that legal citizens/workers in the US enjoy? They cheated the system, and people don't think they should be punished or deported. How is it fair that thousands of people work their asses off just for a chance to stay in the US while others come in illegally and then are defended against deportation? How can you discourage people from cheating the system if you just reward them if they manage to cross the border illegally?
When it comes to the children of illegal immigrants, I'm really unsure of what's the best course of action is, so I'd prefer to stick to discussing illegal immigrants who don't have children born in the US.
problems-with-illegal-immigration.jpg

All persons in the United States are entitled to due process of the law, including those undocumented (Plyler v. Doe (1982)). That one is in the country absent documentation doesn't necessarily mean he is 'illegal,' where one is not 'illegal' until determined as such in a court of law.

This issue therefore is not one of undocumented immigrants entering the country, but the unwarranted fear and hate of those hostile to immigrants, and their refusal to allow immigration reform that will address the issue in compliance with the Constitution's requirement that all persons in fact be afforded due process of the law.

It's really quite simple. I'm embarrassed to have to explain it.

Survey GOP executives want immigrant labor not voters The Daily Caller

Most GOP-leaning business leaders want to hire more cheap foreign workers, but many are reluctant to see those workers get the right to vote, according to a new survey by the Chicago Council on Global Affairs.

Seventy-five percent of the surveyed GOP executives in the Midwest back the Senate’s June 2013 immigration rewrite,

U.S. Farmers Urge Changes to Immigration Law Amid Labor Shortage TIME.com

“The enforcement of immigration policy has devastated the skilled-labor source that we’ve depended on for 20 or 30 years,” said Ralph Broetje during a recent teleconference organized by the National Immigration Forum, adding that last year Washington farmers — part of an $8 billion agriculture industry — were forced to leave 10% of their crops rotting on vines and trees. “It’s getting worse each year,” says Broetje, “and it’s going to end up putting some growers out of business if Congress doesn’t step up and do immigration reform.”

--------------------------------

See? This is where greedy big business and their minions part ways. Business knows it has the ignorant right wing vote sewn up so they don't want immigrants to vote. They just want to use them to do the jobs ignorant right wingers aren't qualified or capable of doing. Whether it's hard labor or skilled labor. Doesn't matter. Republicans are simply to lazy and too dumb.

georgia wants migrant workers - Google Search

business wants immigrants - Google Search

pick your source. it's easy to find. The knowledge isn't "secret".

Consider this a "teaching moment".

They vote Democrat because the Democrats give them money, drivers licenses, and welfare benefits and that is why some protect illegal immigrants.
See? I posted links. You just made up bullshit. Republicans ridiculous right winger talking points. Do you understand how dumb that makes you look?

First you just make illegals uncomfortable and many will self deport. When you cant rent a house, open a bank account, get a job you quickly realize this is not the place for you.
Second, using this argument we shouldn't prosecute hardly any crimes as that costs money

No right winger even wants to admit that business wants immigrants here. They feel it just can't be. They LOVE business. Why would business turn on them? Must be some mistake.

I've always been "against" illegal immigration and do not find anything morally wrong with deporting people who come into the United States illegally. Moreover I support this policy.
Do you have people who come to the country illegally, who US citizens are now defending. Why? Why do they have any claims to the rights that legal citizens/workers in the US enjoy? They cheated the system, and people don't think they should be punished or deported. How is it fair that thousands of people work their asses off just for a chance to stay in the US while others come in illegally and then are defended against deportation? How can you discourage people from cheating the system if you just reward them if they manage to cross the border illegally?
When it comes to the children of illegal immigrants, I'm really unsure of what's the best course of action is, so I'd prefer to stick to discussing illegal immigrants who don't have children born in the US.

'Can someone explain a legitimate argument for protecting illegal immigrants in the US?'

Define the term 'legitimate argument'.

Does it have to make any sense?

We sure as hell don't want these people paying taxes and contributing their fair share.

sure they can pay their back taxes, pay back for the food stamps, medical, education etc. that they have used for years, then they can go back to their own country and wait at the end of the line behind everyone else, and go through the process.

sure they can pay their back taxes, pay back for the food stamps, medical, education etc. that they have used for years, then they can go back to their own country and wait at the end of the line behind everyone else, and go through the process.

They come here to work. They work hard and put our citizens to shame.

Sure work, then they send the money out of the US. They break our laws. They scam our social systems. They want to live and work here, then pay up everything that they have already taken from us, go back home and get in line.

Im against Illegal immigration as well, I think sometimes there are humanitarian cases where it IS ok. After all we all have a heart. But not to the scale it has been allowed. Even Ceasar Chavez was strongly against Illegal migrants, and he definately was not a racist being mexican himself.
I think the argument really needs to be thrown back at the Mexican Government. All eyes are alway on the US , as to what we should owe the Mexican people. But the real questiion is why does every administration shelter the Mexican government from their responsibility. It might be cheaper for us to help them develop their own natural resources then for us to absorb another underclass and deprive our existing poor who need help

There are examples of that, but i believe its a distorted truth. There are millions of hardworking americans, maybe just not in Marin County. Ive known illegal immigrants in my own life. One is a friend. Ive worked with some who were hard workers like you say. Ive known others who where complete pieces of shit and sold Tar heroine, I knew one who stole my car and I had to get it back at my own risk, some come here who have absolutely no respect for us and others are the sweetest people on earth. But the problem is , were not checking out who is comming across the border. theres no excuse for it. My great Grandparents had to go through the process, same as others

There are examples of that, but i believe its a distorted truth. There are millions of hardworking americans, maybe just not in Marin County. Ive known illegal immigrants in my own life. One is a friend. Ive worked with some who were hard workers like you say. Ive known others who where complete pieces of shit and sold Tar heroine, I knew one who stole my car and I had to get it back at my own risk, some come here who have absolutely no respect for us and others are the sweetest people on earth. But the problem is , were not checking out who is comming across the border. theres no excuse for it. My great Grandparents had to go through the process, same as others

Do you know any Americans who are complete pieces of shit, sell heroine or steal cars? When you start 'profiling' you will be rightly chastised and abdicate the argument.

America is no haven of social safety nets. Wake up.

Do you know any Americans who are complete pieces of shit, sell heroine or steal cars? When you start 'profiling' you will be rightly chastised and abdicate the argument.

America is no haven of social safety nets. Wake up.

Your profiling by saying they all work hard and put americans to shame. what the fuck do you think that is

Sure work, then they send the money out of the US. They break our laws. They scam our social systems. They want to live and work here, then pay up everything that they have already taken from us, go back home and get in line.

Sounds great as long as it isn't YOUR life, your existence or your family in the balance.

They come here for work, and they don't 'scam' our system. Turn off Faux news and stop being a parrot. There are many Americans who need help and can't get government assistance. What makes you think anyone can just get food stamps etc?

Forum List

Back