California suffering through SEVERE climate change

Lake Folsom, Ca

BvpYW7bIUAAjWDb.jpg

And last Feb, the lake rose 20 feet Iin 4 DAYS!! Largely due to one storm. Thats the statistic of living in a desert.
Also the Folsom Lake Marina webcams show navigable waters today. So your pix is chosen to make it appear the lake is entirely dry when it is not.

Folsom Lake rises 20 feet in 4 days Local News - Home

View the short news report for an i pressive demonstration of just how little weather is required to fis this.

I imagine for an idiot such as crick, the fact that solar uses water is hard to grasp

Yes crick, it's as I stated, solar power uses water. A lot.

Is that easier to comprehend, crick?

You made up another stupid story, got caught, and now you're crying.

Do you think solar panels use water?

Do you think a solar thermal station has an open steam cycle like an old steam engine train?

I've worked closed-cycle steam plants. Water losses each day are in the thousands of gallons range. Watering a good sized lawn would use more. That's just a touch short of the "billions" that you claimed.

You have worked? So have I, I have physically worked on the largest steam generator ever made, mamoot claims knowledge, I have worked on combustion engineering 3410's, which has nothing to do with any solar plant

solar, the perfect power, takes nothing to create, you just dream and it's there, like unicorns. Yes, solar is a water hog, largest in the desert while relying on coal power to supply it's water.

water which is needed to wash all that dry desert.dirt which destroys, literally, it's abrasive, destroys the paint on cars. Any how, all solar plants get washed.

and someone makes the MOOT point not even related to washing the panels. Seems someone really knows nothing.

You have yet to explain where billions of gallons of water are being used. They most certainly are not being consumed rinsing dust off mirror panels.

Here is the first (and so far only) comment about water used washing panels that contained actual amounts. This is from the Las Vegas Sun newspaper and does not identify its sources.

Solar photovoltaic developers say their plants don’t use much water, but “much” is relative. True, they use a fraction of what a water-cooled solar thermal power plant consumes annually — about a 16,689 gallons per megawatt for photovoltaics compared with 2.61 million gallons per megawatt for wet-cooled solar thermal —but a large photovoltaic array can still easily use more water in a year than an entire residential block.

The array planned for Primm [Ivanpah], for example, is expected to annually require at least as much water as 10.5 average Las Vegas households.
Dirty detail Solar panels need water - Las Vegas Sun News

So. Ten average Las Vegas households.

Las Vegas water use seems to be an ongoing issue with the Sun as they pop up repeatedly in searches on the topic. I finally found this quote from them:
Those customers use, on average, 8,700 to 12,000 gallons of water per month.
Water The more you use the more you ll have to pay - Las Vegas Sun News

So, let's take the upper number: 12,000 gallons. That would mean they believe the Ivanpah solar facility is estimate to use roughly 1,512,000 gallons PER YEAR. Just a skosh short (three orders of magnitude) of "billions".

I'm not crazy about using small newspapers for reference sources but their isn't much else. And besides, washing the panels does not occur at a fixed rate. The need for it depends on the weather conditions that can cause it (dry dusty conditions) and the occasional desert downpour that can take it away with no expenditure at all. Since none of the facilities I looked in to were planning on washing more than monthly and some as few as three times per year, weather conditions could have a major impact on their actual wash water consumption. Finally, there is the point that a significant portion of water used rinsing the panels returns to its source.

So, nothing LIKE billions of gallons of water are consumed by even the largest solar plants washing dust off their panels.

You are using the avg. residential water use as the use of solar panels?

Your article claims 16,689 gallons per megawatt, so how about a little honesty on your part, crick. That's mwh? Yes, or no, must depend on the system, yes?

Further, if your only idea of a source, is to go "fish", playing cards with google, than that kind of shows Crick, lacks the education to do simple searches with google.

a simple search on water use and solar turns up thousands of articles for residential use.

But, if Crick knew anything about Green Energy, Crick would search the environmental impact studies, not articles in biased newspapers.

Billions of gallons of water used by Solar Power, in cooling and cleaning and let's not forget the manufacture, as long as we care for accuracy and truth.

if you think we can dump millions of metric tons of carbon dioxide into the air for a hundred or so years and there won't be a global warming or harming affect, you all should go into the garage, start your cars, and breath deeply for just 15 minutes. Then your theories of no effects could be justified by your lack of oxygen to the brain or dead brain cells.

if you think we can dump millions of metric tons of carbon dioxide into the air for a hundred or so years and there won't be a global warming or harming affect, you all should go into the garage, start your cars, and breath deeply for just 15 minutes. Then your theories of no effects could be justified by your lack of oxygen to the brain or dead brain cells.

That would be a Carbon Monoxide problem, idiot.

monoxide or dioxide? it's all carbon to me scumbucket. you get the point but you don't want to. your done. now earthquakes shall shake your world for you've let great big air pockets where you took out the oil and gas. dah.. you are the idiot thinking you can toy with mother nature so. poking and proding blindly and all for personal profit of a few. you truly are the idiot.

i hope you enjoy your silly little world burning and collapsing into hell. you deserve it. me too but I'm gonna try not to.

California Facing Worst Drought on Record | NOAA Climate.gov
The most populated state in the country is facing what may be its worst drought in a century of record-keeping. On January 20, the governor of California declared a state of emergency, urging everyone to begin conserving water. Water levels in all but a few reservoirs in the state are less than 50% of capacity, mountains are nearly bare of snow except at the highest elevations, and the fire risk is extreme. In Nevada, the situation is much the same.

Wonder why that could be :eusa_think:
You think that is bad? You should see the drought that has been going on in Northern Africa for the past 5 thousand years. All those effing Egyptians burning fossil fuel and diving SUV's just touring from pyramid to pyramid....

monoxide or dioxide? it's all carbon to me scumbucket. you get the point but you don't want to. your done. now earthquakes shall shake your world for you've let great big air pockets where you took out the oil and gas. dah.. you are the idiot thinking you can toy with mother nature so. poking and proding blindly and all for personal profit of a few. you truly are the idiot.
It is all carbon to you, uh, carbon is a simple black powder, not a gas, idiot.

laugh all you want, deniers of the truth, you world is dying and the only way to save it is to get rid of those destroying it. ie.. all you stupid people that think there are no consequences for your stupid actions and or inactions

The most populated state in the country is facing what may be its worst drought in a century of record-keeping. On January 20, the governor of California declared a state of emergency, urging everyone to begin conserving water. Water levels in all but a few reservoirs in the state are less than 50% of capacity, mountains are nearly bare of snow except at the highest elevations, and the fire risk is extreme. In Nevada, the situation is much the same.

So the drought in the middle of the Country in the 30's was caused by man made global warming? Ohh wait you changed it to man made global climate change.

No, idiot, they've always been two separate thing.

Global warming is causing climate change.

BTW - just so you don't look stupid again, climate and weather are not the same thing.

carbon is a black powder? I didn't know that. I'll have to google it. hey elektra, you gonna cry when the next big one drops your house? shall I order it so soon? I will have my God destroy your house, pick a date, if you dare. give me a least a week to petition my God to punish you for example.

Let's see, California supplies 1/5 of the world's food products, so... all the asshole deniers here, enjoy the price hike in food products.

You have no one to blame but your stupid selves for voting Tea Bag.

When they crap out on the "Pacific Ocean ate my global warming" they'll say the planet Venus ate the warming

So the drought in the middle of the Country in the 30's was caused by man made global warming? Ohh wait you changed it to man made global climate change.

No, idiot, they've always been two separate thing.

Global warming is causing climate change.

BTW - just so you don't look stupid again, climate and weather are not the same thing.
You're an armageddon guy eh? You have zero evidence to support such a claim other than your own fear of something because someone said so. Too funny dude.

here, a link for your review:

This latest excuse for no warming is an enhanced AGWCult Gullibility test. Let's see how people did on this test.

A+ Still waiting for the Nigerian diamond mine to pay returns

A Will parrot back ANYTHING fed into the AGWCult Hive mind no natter how ridiculous

B. well there are no marks lower than an A in the AGWCult

Forum List

Back