How a Saudi firm tapped a gusher of water in drought-stricken Arizona

>>elektra said:
I-10 and US 60 are nowhere near Butler AZ

You looked up Butler Drive in Peoria AZ, just outside of phoenix.<<

View attachment 806674

And then you acknowledged it in post 11
You have issues.
sorry, but go back and quote my post with the post #,

yes, post 11, I was and am still confused, so go back and post the comment # you are referencing, I just dont see the mistake. Other than in your post, which as far as I can tell, is based on a post that does not exist.

sorry, but go back and quote my post with the post #,

yes, post 11, I was and am still confused, so go back and post the comment # you are referencing, I just dont see the mistake. Other than in your post, which as far as I can tell, is based on a post that does not exist.
You must have deleted your post, but the text is still alive. Get a grip.

If the post was deleted, that means I immediately recognized an error, now I should stalk your posts and seize on an error you make, correct?
Correct. Like breaking this run-on into two sentences.

exactly, that is what I been pointing out, that crick comments and offers opinion but doesn't read anything past the title.
I had offered no opinion since I had not read the linked article. Another elektra lie.

Now I have.

Although unsurprised that it would take a democratic governor to respond properly to the situation, it is disappointing that a governor and representatives of any party would trade the well being of their citizens for money.

Although unsurprised that it would take a democratic governor to respond properly to the situation, it is disappointing that a governor and representatives of any party would trade the well being of their citizens for money.
Jobs provided by a firm growing hay was bad for Arizona citizens? More tax money was bad for Arizona?

The well being of the citizens of Arizona is better when they have more jobs. The government is better with more taxes.

Jobs provided by a firm growing hay was bad for Arizona citizens? More tax money was bad for Arizona?

The well being of the citizens of Arizona is better when they have more jobs. The government is better with more taxes.
The dead don't hold jobs or pay taxes.

Last edited:
the one farm in arizona, of the 20,000 farms, is responsible, no other farms

The bigger issue is the rural/urban fight over water. The cities are growing too big for their own local supplies and thus must siphon from other locations. And then the urbanites get mad when the locals at these locations fight back.

The bigger issue is the rural/urban fight over water. The cities are growing too big for their own local supplies and thus must siphon from other locations. And then the urbanites get mad when the locals at these locations fight back.
I was working there 15 years ago. Buckeye, they were developing. Before construction started they had to secure water rights from wells.

This is a battle between developers with large tracts of desert cheap land vs. farmers.

But hell, with global warming, it is time to move all the retirement homes up to Fargo North Dakota. No $600 air conditioning bills 9 months out of the year.

I was working there 15 years ago. Buckeye, they were developing. Before construction started they had to secure water rights from wells.

This is a battle between developers with large tracts of desert cheap land vs. farmers.

But hell, with global warming, it is time to move all the retirement homes up to Fargo North Dakota. No $600 air conditioning bills 9 months out of the year.
No. $600 heating bills nine months out of the year.

North Dakota heating bills average $100 a month.
How about links for both your claims?

"Unfortunately, however, determining the average electric bill in Phoenix during the summer is tricky given a lack of specific data. We can speak empirically, however, having been servicing air conditioners in Phoenix for more than 35 years. People living in 2,000 square foot homes (just slightly larger than the city’s average of about 1,600) typically spend within the ballpark of $450 per month during the peak summer months."

"Monthly electric bills are a product of how much electricity you use per month and your electric rate. In Phoenix, AZ, the average monthly electric bill for residential customers is $181/month, which is calculated by multiplying the average monthly consumption by the average electric rate: 1,199 kWh * 15 ¢/kWh."

If folks paid $600/m for 6 months and the rest of the year was free, the monthly average would be $300.

Last edited:
How about links for both your claims?

"Unfortunately, however, determining the average electric bill in Phoenix during the summer is tricky given a lack of specific data. We can speak empirically, however, having been servicing air conditioners in Phoenix for more than 35 years. People living in 2,000 square foot homes (just slightly larger than the city’s average of about 1,600) typically spend within the ballpark of $450 per month during the peak summer months."

"Monthly electric bills are a product of how much electricity you use per month and your electric rate. In Phoenix, AZ, the average monthly electric bill for residential customers is $181/month, which is calculated by multiplying the average monthly consumption by the average electric rate: 1,199 kWh * 15 ¢/kWh."

If folks paid $600/m for 6 months and the rest of the year was free, the monthly average would be $300.
websites do not tell the truth, post your electric bill

Forum List

Back