California suffering through SEVERE climate change

So you're saying that other power supplies took billions of gallons of water to generate the electricity (in gas, coal and nuke power plants) to produce the components needed to assemble solar power plants?

It's getting to the point that just seeing your name appear causes the bullshit alarm to sound.

I imagine for an idiot such as crick, the fact that solar uses water is hard to grasp

Yes crick, it's as I stated, solar power uses water. A lot.

Is that easier to comprehend, crick?

Look, drought clouds in southern California

Attachments

• 20140821_180547.jpg
    20140821_180547.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 20140821_180547.jpg
    20140821_180547.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 45
It rained like hell all day yesterday. Some streets were flooded, storm drains overflowing. Yeah, what a drought!

California is living through its normal climate....which is actually quite mild right now compared to the not so distant past when droughts persisted for centuries...

California is living through its normal climate....which is actually quite mild right now compared to the not so distant past when droughts persisted for centuries...

Thank you.

Droughts are nothing new to California.

The problem is not the lack of rain, it's the overpopulation of humans!!!

I imagine for an idiot such as crick, the fact that solar uses water is hard to grasp

Yes crick, it's as I stated, solar power uses water. A lot.

Is that easier to comprehend, crick?

You made up another stupid story, got caught, and now you're crying.

Do you think solar panels use water?

Do you think a solar thermal station has an open steam cycle like an old steam engine train?

I've worked closed-cycle steam plants. Water losses each day are in the thousands of gallons range. Watering a good sized lawn would use more. That's just a touch short of the "billions" that you claimed.

What's local? The amount of water used by solar plants? I'm really curious. Where did you get the idea that billions of gallons of water were being used either in the manufacture or operation of solar power plants? I asked you this before and you just threw out some meaningless comment about nuclear power plants. If you've actually got one, I'd like to understand what you're actually thinking here. This isn't the first time you've made the charge that the manufacture and construction of a solar power planet uses up enormous resources. Can you explain?

Periodic drought is normal climate for California, especially Southern California. So the climate isn't at all changing. The climate is acting normally. We have rainfall only seasonally with periods of severe drought. It's always been like this. It's why our normal climate is semi arid.

I'm talking about the areas that are NOT usually in drought. Looked at the level of Lake Mead lately in your neighbor state crazy cat lady? :slap:

I'm talking about the areas that are NOT usually in drought. Looked at the level of Lake Mead lately in your neighbor state crazy cat lady? :slap:

While there is a low snow cap in the Rockies, the major reason for Lake Mead's level being so low is simply a matter of HUMAN USAGE! In order to provide for downstream populations and agriculture, the water is going through at a rate determined by the need. .

Ummmm, Lake Mead is in the MIDDLE OF The desert! You truly have no clue do you....

Wikipedia

Lake Mead
is the largest reservoir in the United States in maximum water capacity. It is located on the Colorado River about 24 mi (39 km) from the Strip southeast of Las Vegas, Nevada, in the states of Nevada and Arizona. Formed by the Hoover Dam, Lake Mead is 112 miles (180 km) long when the lake is full, has 759 miles (1,221 km) of shoreline, is 532 feet (152 meters) at greatest depth, with a surface elevation of 1,221.4 feet (327.3 metres) above sea level, and has 247 square miles (640 km2) of surface, and when filled to capacity, 28 million acre-feet (35 km3) of water. However, the lake has not fully reached this capacity since 1983 due to a combination of drought and increased water demand. [1][2][3]

California is suffering through normal climate. It's headlines.

Because the climate is one of periodic drought, the region once had a drought that lasted 200 years. Would that have been climate change? No.

Forum List

Back