Cain announces is suspension of campaign..

I think it's safe to say that Cain didn't need the "left-wing liberal" vote to win the GOP nomination. What brought him down was the reaction of religious conservatives, not us. Attributing his downfall, not even in a general election but in a run for the Republican nomination, to "left-wing liberals" takes irrationality to a new level.

This is the first time you and I have agreed.

61 texts, when most are initiated by the other party, aren't as big a deal imho. Though why he never told his wife, i don't know.

I dont understand why he was "supporting" her financially. Didnt he say, if you are not rich, its your fault?

Yeah. What gives? He talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk?

Ginger apologizes.

Ginger White to Gloria Cain: 'I'm deeply sorry' for Herman Cain alleged affair - Pop2it - Zap2it

Interesting.

White maintains the affair started in the late 1990s in Louisville, KY and continued for 13 years. She also made the distinction that "it wasn't a love affair, it was a sexual affair." Cain says he was merely helping White financially and that these were more false allegations levied against him.

I'm glad she made that distinction. It might give Mrs. Cain some small measure of relief.

Last edited:
I told you cooning Cain wouldn't last until Christmas. This whole mess is just a byproduct of his cooning. How many wives on this board would excuse their husbands paying a woman's bills and rent for 13 years, calling her 61(including in late night) in a couple months and you never heard of her before?

SIXTY ONE PHONE CALLS!!!

When the actual bill was shown on the news, it showed close ups of some of the times.

Why would he call her at 4AM?

bullshit and you know it - the same shit was done to Sarah Palin

All Republican voters have to do is ignore it and go on supporting their candidates. I assure you, I have no intention of voting in the GOP primary, so whether or not I support Cain makes, at this point, no difference at all to his chances.

At least we vette ours :fu:

You will mindlessly vote for Obama and that proves my point :cuckoo:

yep, they voted for a Community organizer JUNIOR SENATOR of less than two years..
this is a sad day folks. They cheered the smearing and destruction of Palin, Bachmann, etc etc from the media and now Cain. people better wake up.

Congratulations left wing haters. You brought a black man down. I hope we can reciprocate next November..

:clap2::clap2::clap2:
And there always HAS to be SOMEONE ELSE TO BLAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Conservative can ever be at fault! Conspiracies and boogey men prowl in the shadows just waiting to trip up the righteous and the Conservative.

What a crock! Even for you, willow, this stretch is beneath contempt.

I guess it's really true then. American Exceptionalism means never having to say you're sorry. Never accept blame. Eschew culpability. Say it over and over and over again until it starts to faintly ring true and then cling like hell to that little twig of illusion.

Yeah, remember that Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy that brought down Clinton?

Anyway, good. The campaigns are somewhat microcosms of how each candidate will govern. I dont care whether Cain had affairs or not. It doesnt matter. "It's just sex" right?
But his handling of it shows that he has poor judgment or poor advisors or both. We don't need someone else in the White House like that.
So we winnow the field to the most qualified (hint: he is from Texas. Second hint, he never served in Congress).

The only worthwhile takeaway here,

this is good news for Obama. One less splitter of the not-Romney vote means that the comical Newt Gingrich has an even better chance of winning the nomination.

Hmm, the path to victory for Republicans is a candidate as close to Obama as possible. So you're saying the left don't like Obama either and will go for a Liberal Republican? How exactly does your plan of beating Obama with Romney work?

I'd say we both know Romney is the best way for the Republicans to lose, which is why you ache for him so badly.

When you move to the right you move towards voters that are already on your side. When you move towards the center you move towards voters that are up for grabs.

"When most are initiated by the other party?" Cite source, please.

That would be any of the rightwing blogs.

Oh, thank you.

Let's say I set my brain aside for a moment and buy what they're selling.

Why didn't he report her for harassment?
LOLOL. I love the Repub Primaries :D
All Republican voters have to do is ignore it and go on supporting their candidates. I assure you, I have no intention of voting in the GOP primary, so whether or not I support Cain makes, at this point, no difference at all to his chances.

At least we vette ours :fu:

You will mindlessly vote for Obama and that proves my point :cuckoo:

yep, they voted for a Community organizer JUNIOR SENATOR of less than two years..
this is a sad day folks. They cheered the smearing and destruction of Palin, Bachmann, etc etc from the media and now Cain. people better wake up.

Ummm..... smear is not the same as pointing out inconsistencies steph :eusa_whistle: I also notice that none of you Righties ever mention his 7 years in the State senate either :uhoh3:

Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
State Senator: 1997–2004

Last edited:
Willow Tree
Congratulations left wing haters. You brought a black man down. I hope we can reciprocate next November..

What has color to do with it?

Why do the pubs always mention President Obama's color and then say his color isn't why they hate him.

If color isn't your deciding factor, why say you want to bring down a black man?

As for Cain, he brought it on himself. He (and you) can whine all he wants but it wasn't the LIB-rules who paid hush money to two women just as Cain was fired. Wasn't Libs who called Ginger 61 times, including in the middle of the night. He can't deny it. You can't deny it. CAIN did that.

Speaking only for myself, I'm sorry to see him go. He was great comic fodder.

Left or right - Take responsibility for what you say and do.

Forum List

Back