Cain against assassinate American citizens that are terrorists

What if you and I go to europe on vacation and someone deems our online posts to make us terrorists because we speak out against things we don't like with Obama......since we are in europe its ok to kill us because its not in the USA?

See what i'm getting at, its a slippery slope. Like I said I am glad we took him out and I'm not trying to grief the President or Govt over it but you need to think about the precedent.
Don't be stupid. You are free to speak against the president as much as you like. You are not free to join AQ and plot attacks.

For now I am...what about the next president, or the one after that? What if THEY change the definition of what a terrorist is.

Sorry I dont trust people or human nature with this type of unconstitutional power.

This military action was not unconstitutional.

PLYMCO_PILGRIM said:
But what if they decide you are a terrorist and just assasinate you, as an american citizen, without giving you a trial? Thats not cool.

I understand we had proof of al-aldipshitty and all that but still I just dont like the idea....and im still not going to grief obama over it :p

hiding out in a foreign country is different then being in the US.....you can grab the guy here and prosecute him....the other guy you have to send a Drone A Gram.....

What if you and I go to europe on vacation and someone deems our online posts to make us terrorists because we speak out against things we don't like with Obama......since we are in europe its ok to kill us because its not in the USA?

See what i'm getting at, its a slippery slope. Like I said I am glad we took him out and I'm not trying to grief the President or Govt over it but you need to think about the precedent.

If you are in Europe they can send the local police to arrest you, in the hills of Yemen not so much, this guy had plenty of time to turn himself in.

hiding out in a foreign country is different then being in the US.....you can grab the guy here and prosecute him....the other guy you have to send a Drone A Gram.....

If you are in Europe they can send the local police to arrest you, in the hills of Yemen not so much, this guy had plenty of time to turn himself in.

To turn yourself in you would have to have charges filed, when did this happen?

Don't be stupid. You are free to speak against the president as much as you like. You are not free to join AQ and plot attacks.

For now I am...what about the next president, or the one after that? What if THEY change the definition of what a terrorist is.

Sorry I dont trust people or human nature with this type of unconstitutional power.

If we turn a blind eye to this no one has any rights, not you nor I or any American citizen.

Last edited:
Good Question. Better question, if it does, do you deserve a trial if you are found in canada or can we just assasinate you?

With citizenship in America comes benifts and one of those benifits is due process.All rights reserved since 1791

The more this plays out, the more I want the question answered "Is this Legal?" Show us the Justification to both the Targeting and the Authority. Cain has every right to question and examine, be he on either side of the matter.

yep

If we turn a blind eye to this no one has any rights, not you nor I or any American citizen.

Sure, unless they take up arms against the US government. If you commit a crime, you have rights. Al Alwaki didnt commit any crimes.

To turn yourself in you would have to have charges filed, when did this happen?

Anwar was wanted for some time now, he could have turned himself in to the US Embassy in Yemen.

This ad hoc definition of terrorists and terrorism is just too amatuer for a country like ours.. The reasonable expectation is that we would remove (dead or alive) any member of an organization that has declared war on the US like Al Queada..

ALL -- I'm asking for is a declaration from Congress saying exactly that. We have charged citizens under "terrorist threats" charges for everything from domestic violence to having bomb-making materials in your garage. (WE ALL have "bomb-making" materials in our garages!!). I'm not willing to be so vague when we rain HELL from drones in a foreign land.

DECLARE THE WAR -- Identify the combatants.. Even use the pirate-fighting Constitutional premise that our founders knew of 200 years ago.. Look up Letters of Marque and Reprisal in the Constitution.. There is A PROCESS that needs to be followed to prevent abuse. There IS NO EXCUSE. We've had over 10 f'in years to file the paperwork...

Let's not wing it. Have Congress advise and consent -- then kill all "the combatants" that you want -- as long as they have been legally served...

Last edited:

We have L.A. gang members who are terrorist and we have a war on drugs should we assassinate those gang members on sight?
Only if they start planning, supporting, implementing and taking credit for random bombings that kill innocent people while hiding in a foreign country that supports and breeds terrorism. That is the main difference between crime in the US and terrorism.

L.A. gang members are within reach of our police and FBI...they can be tracked down, arrested (or killed trying to avoid arrest), disarmed and tried in court.

A known terrorist in the US can be hunted down and confronted. A terrorist in Yemen cannot....unless we have permission to enter on the ground and hunt them down. Permission is not likely to come from any nation that supports and breeds terrorism.

We would never have killed Bin Laden had it not been for the secrecy of the plan and the fact that the Pakistani government was told about it afterward rather than before.

We have L.A. gang members who are terrorist and we have a war on drugs should we assassinate those gang members on sight?
Only if they start planning, supporting, implementing and taking credit for random bombings that kill innocent people while hiding in a foreign country that supports and breeds terrorism. That is the main difference between crime in the US and terrorism.

L.A. gang members are within reach of our police and FBI...they can be tracked down, arrested (or killed trying to avoid arrest), disarmed and tried in court.

A known terrorist in the US can be hunted down and confronted. A terrorist in Yemen cannot....unless we have permission to enter on the ground and hunt them down. Permission is not likely to come from any nation that supports and breeds terrorism.

We would never have killed Bin Laden had it not been for the secrecy of the plan and the fact that the Pakistani government was told about it afterward rather than before.
“Federal crime of terrorism”

(iv) section 1010A of the Controlled Substances Import and Export Act (relating to narco-terrorism).
United States Code: Title 18,2332b. Acts of terrorism transcending national boundaries | LII / Legal Information Institute

So was bin ladin but he never was charge with 9/11 no wanted by the FBI for it.

Right. Because they didnt commit any crimes. The Germans and Japanese didnt commit crimes either (except some of the civilian leaders who committed war crimes, but that's different).
It isn't a criminal matter. Al Alwaki wasn't charged with a crime because he hadn't committed any. There was no need for rights in criminal procedure because this wasn't a criminal matter. You understand that, right?

Right. Because they didnt commit any crimes. The Germans and Japanese didnt commit crimes either (except some of the civilian leaders who committed war crimes, but that's different).
It isn't a criminal matter. Al Alwaki wasn't charged with a crime because he hadn't committed any. There was no need for rights in criminal procedure because this wasn't a criminal matter. You understand that, right?

(5) the term “Federal crime of terrorism” means an offense that—
jurisdiction of the United States), 1366(a) (relating to destruction of an energy facility), 1751(a), (b), (c), or (d) (relating to Presidential and Presidential staff assassination and kidnaping),
United States Code: Title 18,2332b. Acts of terrorism transcending national boundaries | LII / Legal Information Institute

(5) the term “Federal crime of terrorism” means an offense that—
jurisdiction of the United States), 1366(a) (relating to destruction of an energy facility), 1751(a), (b), (c), or (d) (relating to Presidential and Presidential staff assassination and kidnaping),
Nice but irrelevant.
Call me when you get an argument.

Forum List

Back