Cable sucks!

I love in a place with a large variety of different streaming services. I've had local cable for more than 20 years and blackouts are extremely rare - usually something the company is not responsible for.

My only problem is that out of the hundred plus channel available - the vast majority of them show utter trash. There is very little entertainment left in the television/movie industry. :Boom2:

that and now they have all the channels timed with Commercials it seems. You can't hardly channel surf to get away from them. Plus they are getting to be about 5 min. long.
Paying out a pretty penny for the crap

I've noticed that too. Sucks! :D

I think I'm going to start charging my cable company money every time my cable TV, my phone, or my internet (or ALL three) go down. My cable TV has been out now for about an hour. Don't you think they should take some money off my bill? I'm sure if I added up all the times I lost one of the three, it would add up in a year's time. I should start keeping track of this and send them a bill. :crybaby:
i had Time Warner Cable ...worst customer service i have seen....went to the Dish....never any problems....then along came AT&T U-Verse....have had it for 3 years,has never been down,never have they increased the price,have great customer service.....TV,Internet all through the phone lines ......cable...satellite...bah!....

What is that? I've never heard of it. Is it cable or satellite?

I think I'm going to start charging my cable company money every time my cable TV, my phone, or my internet (or ALL three) go down. My cable TV has been out now for about an hour. Don't you think they should take some money off my bill? I'm sure if I added up all the times I lost one of the three, it would add up in a year's time. I should start keeping track of this and send them a bill. :crybaby:
i had Time Warner Cable ...worst customer service i have seen....went to the Dish....never any problems....then along came AT&T U-Verse....have had it for 3 years,has never been down,never have they increased the price,have great customer service.....TV,Internet all through the phone lines ......cable...satellite...bah!....

it is fiber optics through your phone lines.....it is not available everywhere yet......it is like Verizon FIOS....it puts cable to shame.....Time Warner anyway....they sucked...

it is fiber optics through your phone lines.....it is not available everywhere yet......it is like Verizon FIOS....it puts cable to shame.....Time Warner anyway....they sucked...

Yeah, we don't even have FIOS here. We have Comcast and Cox Cable I think.

Yeah, we don't even have FIOS here. We have Comcast and Cox Cable I think.
i very seldom see people praise cable....i know a guy who has comcast....he is going over to direc tv....

it's through your phone jack I believe. I had them before but to me they were just like cable and just as expensive..I'm looking to get away from the high cost of cable. 100 dollars a month or more just to have repetitive channels and most you don't watch

it's through your phone jack I believe. I had them before but to me they were just like cable and just as expensive..I'm looking to get away from the high cost of cable. 100 dollars a month or more just to have repetitive channels and most you don't watch
the U-Verse i have is a way better price than the cable i had Steph.....has never gone out in the 3 years i have had it and they have never increased the price and their customer service makes Time Warner look pretty bad....but then that aint hard to do....

the U-Verse i have is a way better price than the cable i had Steph.....has never gone out in the 3 years i have had it and they have never increased the price and their customer service makes Time Warner look pretty bad....but then that aint hard to do....

I've been threatening to go back to them but thinking about all the changes and everything. I did have them once for about year not any problems with them. But they are still as expensive as time warner if I remember..

I've been threatening to go back to them but thinking about all the changes and everything. I did have them once for about year not any problems with them. But they are still as expensive as time warner if I remember..
when i had TW it went down for 5 hours one day.....3 days later 1 hour......every other day something was happening and the people you have to talk with suck....when i was getting a new DVR box from U-VERSE they sent me the wrong box.....i called them and they sent a guy out at 7 pm on a friday to bring the right one.....he would not leave until he had all 3 boxes and the remotes i have working the way they should be.....TW would have told me i have to wait until they send me out another box...which would have been the middle of the next week....

when i had TW it went down for 5 hours one day.....3 days later 1 hour......every other day something was happening and the people you have to talk with suck....when i was getting a new DVR box from U-VERSE they sent me the wrong box.....i called them and they sent a guy out at 7 pm on a friday to bring the right one.....he would not leave until he had all 3 boxes and the remotes i have working the way they should be.....TW would have told me i have to wait until they send me out another box...which would have been the middle of the next week....
I'll check them out again. they just got out where I live and have been sending me promotions.

thanks dear and everyone in this thread for the good info

I'll check them out again. they just got out where I live and have been sending me promotions.

ask how far you are from one of the junction boxes.....the closer the better....

It doesn't. That's the point. Power goes you're shit outta luck. Internet goes down ditto.

If you're in an area that the power goes out, why don't you have battery back-up?
What are you rambling about? If the power goes out the cable is out. That is what the phone runs through.

Yup, that's another that sucks about cable phones. When I lose power, I have no land line phone, cable or internet service either.

Sounds just like my cable company! :D

ask how far you are from one of the junction boxes.....the closer the better....

will do

I love in a place with a large variety of different streaming services. I've had local cable for more than 20 years and blackouts are extremely rare - usually something the company is not responsible for.

My only problem is that out of the hundred plus channel available - the vast majority of them show utter trash. There is very little entertainment left in the television/movie industry. :Boom2:

Are you sure of the the vast majority of them show utter trash, or are you getting old and irritable? :eusa_angel:

Well, CBS, TNT, and USA generally come up with some good programs. The rest are ugh.

It doesn't. That's the point. Power goes you're shit outta luck. Internet goes down ditto.

If you're in an area that the power goes out, why don't you have battery back-up?
What are you rambling about? If the power goes out the cable is out. That is what the phone runs through.
Not necessarily. You can lose electric and still have internet if you have your modem/router on a UPS.

Conversely, you can lose internet and still have electricity.

Forum List

Back