Cable sucks!

Spend your time convincing Congress to breakup the cable monopolies they allowed.

Lol!

SweetBrown.jpg

I canceled cable years ago. I have never missed it for a single moment. Now, I enjoy every single thing I see on TV, because I only watch what I really like, on Netflix.

I'm too weak to cancel cable and go to regular television. :eek:

you would be blown away by the picture quality. Soooooo much better than cable

Obviously I'm going to have to do some exploring of my options. :D

Go buy a cheap set top antenna (Make sure its one you can return) and see if you can pull in ay channels. If one comes in half way strong I think you would be amazed at the picture.

I put my $40 antenna in the attic of my house. I get 19 channels. OK, most is network crap but.........

We have to use digital converter boxes in my city. I don't think you can get really any channels with an old fashioned antenna here.

HowStuffWorks "Do I really need a digital converter box for my TV?"

If you have a flat screen TV (Hi Def) the converters are not needed. If you need a converter they can also be bought from stores with return policies!

Some local stations have a staff engineer that can help you with antenna questions. When I was at a relatives home in Berkley CA a couple years ago I think they could pick up close to 30 channels.

I canceled cable years ago. I have never missed it for a single moment. Now, I enjoy every single thing I see on TV, because I only watch what I really like, on Netflix.

I'm too weak to cancel cable and go to regular television. :eek:

you would be blown away by the picture quality. Soooooo much better than cable

Obviously I'm going to have to do some exploring of my options. :D

Go buy a cheap set top antenna (Make sure its one you can return) and see if you can pull in ay channels. If one comes in half way strong I think you would be amazed at the picture.

I put my $40 antenna in the attic of my house. I get 19 channels. OK, most is network crap but.........

We have to use digital converter boxes in my city. I don't think you can get really any channels with an old fashioned antenna here.

HowStuffWorks "Do I really need a digital converter box for my TV?"

If you have a flat screen TV (Hi Def) the converters are not needed. If you need a converter they can also be bought from stores with return policies!

Some local stations have a staff engineer that can help you with antenna questions. When I was at a relatives home in Berkley CA a couple years ago I think they could pick up close to 30 channels.

I did not know this. All I know is when they were converting over to digital, either last year or the year before that, it was a BIG deal to get a converter.

This is why I've always contended that any government granted monopoly should be non-profit or privately owned. Publicly held companies ALWAYS put stockholders first, and service/customers second.

No matter where I am in the world I'm logged-in to my Vegas account. Six hundred channel 3D cable, and 100 Mbps down, 45 Mbps up. Plus, Cox is currently 'WiFing' the entire Vegas Valley.

I've been wanting to get off cable too. But we had a dish in Alaska and when it rained all we could was the few local channels for weeks on end.

I've been afraid to change. looked into Hulu and Netflix streaming. Anyone know about those?

I love in a place with a large variety of different streaming services. I've had local cable for more than 20 years and blackouts are extremely rare - usually something the company is not responsible for.

My only problem is that out of the hundred plus channel available - the vast majority of them show utter trash. There is very little entertainment left in the television/movie industry. :Boom2:

I love in a place with a large variety of different streaming services. I've had local cable for more than 20 years and blackouts are extremely rare - usually something the company is not responsible for.

My only problem is that out of the hundred plus channel available - the vast majority of them show utter trash. There is very little entertainment left in the television/movie industry. :Boom2:

that and now they have all the channels timed with Commercials it seems. You can't hardly channel surf to get away from them. Plus they are getting to be about 5 min. long.
Paying out a pretty penny for the crap

If cable companies allowed ala carte selection of channels, a lot of 'networks' would go out of business.

I think I'm going to start charging my cable company money every time my cable TV, my phone, or my internet (or ALL three) go down. My cable TV has been out now for about an hour. Don't you think they should take some money off my bill? I'm sure if I added up all the times I lost one of the three, it would add up in a year's time. I should start keeping track of this and send them a bill. :crybaby:
i had Time Warner Cable ...worst customer service i have seen....went to the Dish....never any problems....then along came AT&T U-Verse....have had it for 3 years,has never been down,never have they increased the price,have great customer service.....TV,Internet all through the phone lines ......cable...satellite...bah!....

Cables does suck. But the only way you could have lost your phone and internet is if you are one of the suckers who uses VOIP.
what about VOIP is for suckers?

I've heard that you get charged more and have more hidden fees and stuff like that. I'm not sure though. It would be interesting to find someone in my area who pays for all 3 services separately and see if they pay more than I pay for the bundle. I imagine that, even if there are savings, they wouldn't be all that significant though.

I've been using this for the past 1.5 years, and it's unbelievably good:

Ooma_Web_Carousel-Template-Final-slide4_0.jpg

Free Home Phone Service | Ooma – Ranked # 1 Internet Home Phone Service

Better sound quality than a landline, I got it for $99 at Costco, and all I pay is $2-$3 per month for local/state/fed communication taxes.

It is placed between your modem and your router to ensure that call quality is not compromised. I love mine.
Synth is correct. I'm 6 months into VoIP. Works well at a fraction of the cost.

Are you sure of the the vast majority of them show utter trash, or are you getting old and irritable? :eusa_angel:

I don't like how the History Channel and other channels show those pawn shop shows and things like that, especially when they have a marathon of them all night long. It's like the channel isn't even trying, just show reruns of crap. What does that have to do with history anyway?

Forum List

Back