bush is an idiot

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Your logic is shit. Bush DID go to the U.N. The UN WAS on board, until it was time to put up or shut up. They didn't do either, they didn't put up and they STILL haven't STFU. The U.N. has no value any longer.

I think bush is a fine communicator. You just don't like his honest and clear style. You're so messed up that the only thing you respect are the cunning lies and distortions of the left.

Damn I wish I could meet you man. We share the exact same views!

Originally posted by OCA
You know only bitter people give a shitabout his grades at Yale, personally I could care less if he spent his time drinking Schlitz and doing jello shots. His stance on the issues are what I care about. If he was a c student and is going to be a 2 term president what does that say about Al Gore?

:clap:

you know i dont get people who try to say Bush bought his way through school. I mean come on, if you were going to buy grades wouldnt you buy straight As?

Yeah, one would thinks so.

I don't imagine that you can buy grades at Yale. Maybe you can buy your way in, but that's a different story. Same story with getting a job as we were discussing in another thread, often it's all about who you know.

It's a pretty funny cartoon ..if something is funny it's funny, period. The reality though, is that it is shallow and mean spirited and therefor not so funny to some of us deeper thinkers.

Albeit inadequate, there is a plan by the administration, but it is imperfect and it is like pulling teeth to get the left and mass media to see the big picture in Iraq. Even though the WMDs have vanished and US intelligence had become laughable (mostly because of the Democrats), I still support our President's courage to establish stability in that country which is so strategically important to the world's future prospects for peace. The United States has freed millions of people and is TRYING to help them maintain this evasive freedom, but the left offers no help to the Iraqis and gives no credit where its due...to our administration and even more so to the troops who BELIEVED in what they were doing and died doing it.

No Democrat would have prevented 9-11, and no democrat has a better plan for stability in the middle east. I'm pretty sick and tired of Bush bashers who offer absolutely no creative solutions to help our country win respect because we stand for freedom. Sadly the left has become a bastion of spitting slackers who offer nothing but venom.

The main problem is that the left is successfully drowning out the clear headed leaders in our government. The mass media is weakening any sense of intelligent debate by being so transparently biased. Americans don't fully understand or care to understand Iraqis, and Iraqis either can't seem to think for themselves and seize this opportunity to fight for freedom because they have been brainwashed, or because they don't trust that we mean well.

Frankly the left is helping kill those few Iraqis and Americans who really do understand the absolute necessity of establishing peaceful free elections in Iraq for the future of Iraqi children and perhaps even our own. Through its apathy, the left perpetuates the bus bombings that destroy innocent lives.

The liberal rantings remind me of the last words of the lost lamb who's entire family has been devoured by a pack of wolves: "Couldn't we just talk" I want to understand how you feel".

I personally dont think the comic was very funny. I guess i just dont see enough truth in it. But then i have a wierd sense of humor. I like Dilbert.

Berating someone who has faith in a higher power is berating a whole lot of people, so this cartoon is probably very offensive to a lot of the country.

Whatever the post war strategy was/is that's always subject to what is happening. Unless you have a crystal ball how can you know if your strategy is going to work?

I'm new here, and testing the waters.

Hope this is a good place to discuss current issues.:) Guess I'll find out.

How do you get an Avatar? I have a Mac. :confused:

Originally posted by Tippy Toes

Welcome to the board. :)

There are lots of varying views on this board. We also have our share of 'drooling liberals' and 'chickenhawk neocons' as some would call them. Everybody is kept honest here though.

To add an avatar, go to the user control panel and click on 'edit options'. Down at the bottom is an option to change your avatar. Here's one page of many on the net that has free avatars:

http://www.spacespider.net/avatars.php

Hey guys,

Thanks for the info. I got an avatar up, but it's not what I wanted, but I got it up there.

Also, Thanks for the welcome. I'm fairly conservative, but I can also surprise ya. Hopefully I can contribute something, or at least have some fun.

Originally posted by Tippy Toes
Berating someone who has faith in a higher power is berating a whole lot of people, so this cartoon is probably very offensive to a lot of the country.

Whatever the post war strategy was/is that's always subject to what is happening. Unless you have a crystal ball how can you know if your strategy is going to work?

I'm new here, and testing the waters.

Welcome, Tippy. Love your name ;)
I have a Mac, too, so nice to hear I'm not alone... on that issue any way, lol.

Regarding that cartoon, I understand your view.
Might I suggest, however, that it is only a cartoon. So while you may not agree, I'm not sure a person of faith need be offended by it. What's that expression about a chunky grain of salt?

Just walking down the street, I can be offended by alot of things, but as long as they don't encroach on my personal space or civil rights... I don't take them too seriously:p:

As a new member, I offer the following introduction: I am a moderate conservative (I'm not a Republican) who at times views things from a liberal standpoint (I'm not a Democrat). I choose to examine each issue and candidate based on their beliefs and merits, not on the political party affiliation.

I have very little understanding of folks who vote based on political affiliation. I see this as a character flaw (sorry - see, there I go even at the risk of alienating members). If you can't evaluate issues based on the merits of those particular issues, or if you need the RNC or DNC to do your evaluating for you then you are in sad shape, imo.

I do not believe in name-calling or insults. The folks who use these methods of debate(?) are simply too ignorant to discuss issues intelligently.

I abhor hypocricy. For that reason, I am usually not the board favorite on political discussion boards (simply because there is hypocricy aplenty, usually). If I feel you are being hypocritical, I'll call you on it. That doesn't mean that I think you are stupid, or crazy, or even wrong. It just means that I think you are hypocritical. At the same time, I don't object to being called a hypocrite, if you can show that I've been one.

With all that said, I hope I can add positively to the board without offending the members here. I have read the board for a while now, and feel that it is time to finally get my feet wet.

Was this post too negative? Was it a bad start to my posting here? If so, I apologize ahead of time. What I was really just trying to do was give the regular members here some idea of my beliefs before I started expressing my political views.

That's a fair start. Welcome to the board, glad to have you here. Unless of course you are going to call me a hypocrite! LOL j/k

I hope you enjoy the board.

Welcome aboard.

So... is Bush an Idiot? (name-calling aside)
Is the cartoon posted here offensive to the idea of faith?

Forum List

Back