Bush and Officials Lied leading up to Iraq war

Democratic leadership supported it

so what? ever read Will Rogers quote about his political affiliation? It's still true. "I' don't belong to an organized political party...I'm a democrat"
or Bob Dylan: "don't follow leaders, watch the parking meters."

When this war was going well, republicans made a big deal about how the majority of democrats had voted the wrong way and were on the wrong side of history....but once the war turned to shit, republicans stumble over each other trying to point out that there were democrats who did vote for it and they are, therefore, just as much to blame. It is a flip flop born out of sickly flop sweat realization that America has taken an accurate measure of you and your party, and they find you wanting. America has figured out that it's time to take the keys away....time for the GOP to go sit in the corner and let the other team run the show for a while. Most folks think that the democrats will do it better....nearly everyone agrees that it would be hard for us to do it much worse.

so what? ever read Will Rogers quote about his political affiliation? It's still true. "I' don't belong to an organized political party...I'm a democrat"

When this war was going well, republicans made a big deal about how the majority of democrats had voted the wrong way and were on the wrong side of history....but once the war turned to shit, republicans stumble over each other trying to point out that there were democrats who did vote for it and they are, therefore, just as much to blame. It is a flip flop born out of sickly flop sweat realization that America has taken an accurate measure of you and your party, and they find you wanting. America has figured out that it's time to take the keys away....time for the GOP to go sit in the corner and let the other team run the show for a while. Most folks think that the democrats will do it better....nearly everyone agrees that it would be hard for us to do it much worse.
We understand, it doesn't matter who, what, how, or why, Dems rule for you. Got it. Understood. Comprende.

If you suggest that, then you have to believe that, Clinton, Waxman, Bryd, Kennedy and others also conveyed false impressions? Because they also gave very strong worded statements about Saddam's Wmd program. Do me a favor open your eyes past your political lies. You can't have the multitude of statements your party made about the strength of evidence regarding Saddam's Wmd programs and then state Bush misled everyone.

I have said over and over again. any democrat who spread that administration line around or who voted for the use of force resolution is on my shitlist until they repent. I have had only one opportunity to vote for one.... Clinton in my municipal caucus, and I voted for Obama.

Beyond that. Bush was our leader. He chose when or if he would exercise the force. He chose to kick UN inspectors OUT of the county because he was in such a hurry to get to war, even though the resolution strongly urged him to exhaust ALL diplomatic avenues first and go to war as a last resort...he went as a first resort. Bush misled us to WAR.... and the buck stops on his desk for that. sorry.

When this war was going well, republicans made a big deal about how the majority of democrats had voted the wrong way and were on the wrong side of history....but once the war turned to shit, republicans stumble over each other trying to point out that there were democrats who did vote for it and they are, therefore, just as much to blame. It is a flip flop born out of sickly flop sweat realization that America has taken an accurate measure of you and your party, and they find you wanting. America has figured out that it's time to take the keys away....time for the GOP to go sit in the corner and let the other team run the show for a while. Most folks think that the democrats will do it better....nearly everyone agrees that it would be hard for us to do it much worse.[

I didn't pick Will Rogers's quote because of his political affiliation. I picked it because I liked the quote. I am not that shallow to dislike someone's music or quote because of their political persuasion.
Democrats and Republicans both supported the war at the onset which is a fact. You can state that the majority of Congressional Democrats voted against the war authorization. As you have stated before alot of those Democrats came from very liberal districts, which may explain why a majority of Congressional Democrats voted against it even though a majority of Democrats supported it. Democratic leadership came out over a period of several years and made statements just as strong as the Bush adminstration in support of removing Saddam from power.

I don't think the average American voter, when it comes down to voting, will turn the country over to a liberal. I believe people realize that we need strong leadership in a world full of Islamic Extremist. You can state polls and the such but in the end it doesn't matter what people think now. It's what they think in November when they go to the polls. I don't believe the American people will elect a senator who has less than 3 years experience in dealing with national issues.

When this war was going well, republicans made a big deal about how the majority of democrats had voted the wrong way and were on the wrong side of history....but once the war turned to shit, republicans stumble over each other trying to point out that there were democrats who did vote for it and they are, therefore, just as much to blame. It is a flip flop born out of sickly flop sweat realization that America has taken an accurate measure of you and your party, and they find you wanting. America has figured out that it's time to take the keys away....time for the GOP to go sit in the corner and let the other team run the show for a while. Most folks think that the democrats will do it better....nearly everyone agrees that it would be hard for us to do it much worse.[

I didn't pick Will Rogers's quote because of his political affiliation. I picked it because I liked the quote. I am not that shallow to dislike someone's music or quote because of their political persuasion.
Democrats and Republicans both supported the war at the onset which is a fact. You can state that the majority of Congressional Democrats voted against the war authorization. As you have stated before alot of those Democrats came from very liberal districts, which may explain why a majority of Congressional Democrats voted against it even though a majority of Democrats supported it. Democratic leadership came out over a period of several years and made statements just as strong as the Bush adminstration in support of removing Saddam from power.

I don't think the average American voter, when it comes down to voting, will turn the country over to a liberal. I believe people realize that we need strong leadership in a world full of Islamic Extremist. You can state polls and the such but in the end it doesn't matter what people think now. It's what they think in November when they go to the polls. I don't believe the American people will elect a senator who has less than 3 years experience in dealing with national issues.

thank you for expressing your opinion. We happen to disagree. (Imagine that!)

thank you for expressing your opinion. We happen to disagree. (Imagine that!)

Yep they lied no terrorist in Iraq.....:eusa_whistle:

http://www.nysun.com/article/72906

WASHINGTON — A Pentagon review of about 600,000 documents captured in the Iraq war attests to Saddam Hussein's willingness to use terrorism to target Americans and work closely with jihadist organizations throughout the Middle East.

The report, released this week by the Institute for Defense Analyses, says it found no "smoking gun" linking Iraq operationally to Al Qaeda. But it does say Saddam collaborated with known Al Qaeda affiliates and a wider constellation of Islamist terror groups

Yep they lied no terrorist in Iraq.....:eusa_whistle:

http://www.nysun.com/article/72906

WASHINGTON — A Pentagon review of about 600,000 documents captured in the Iraq war attests to Saddam Hussein's willingness to use terrorism to target Americans and work closely with jihadist organizations throughout the Middle East.

The report, released this week by the Institute for Defense Analyses, says it found no "smoking gun" linking Iraq operationally to Al Qaeda. But it does say Saddam collaborated with known Al Qaeda affiliates and a wider constellation of Islamist terror groups

again... no one has ever doubted that Saddam supported arabic nationalist terror organizations. he did not support Al Qaeda. it would have been suicidal to do so.

Ok, if you suppose Saddam had WMD's then can't you see where these Jihadists could have done harm to us?

The report concludes that Saddam until the final months of his regime was willing to attack America. Its conclusion asks "Is there anything in the captured archives to indicate that Saddam had the will to use his terrorist capabilities directly against the United States?" It goes on, "Judging from Saddam's statements before the 1991 Gulf War with the United States, the answer is yes." As for after the Gulf War, the report states, "The rise of Islamist fundamentalism in the region gave Saddam the opportunity to make terrorism, one of the few tools remaining in Saddam's 'coercion' tool box." It goes on, "Evidence that was uncovered and analyzed attests to the existence of a terrorist capability and a willingness to use it until the day Saddam was forced to flee Baghdad by Coalition forces." The report does note that it is unclear whether Saddam would have authorized terrorism against American targets in the final months of his regime before Operation Iraqi Freedom five years ago. "The answer to the question of Saddam's will in the final months in power remains elusive," it says.

Nevermind....yeah maybe not AQ but just as deadly.

Ok, if you suppose Saddam had WMD's then can't you see where these Jihadists could have done harm to us?

He will never, under any circumstance admit to anything that might involve supporting his President. Look how he just IGNORED the fact that we have proof Saddam Hussein DID in fact work with AL Queada cells and affiliates.

He keeps making the claim that somehow before we invaded he KNEW what the entire world DID NOT KNOW. That there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. He goes on and on about how Bush mislead us and uses as an example the fact Bush believed with no doubt that Saddam had weapons. And his whole defense is he BELIEVED with out a doubt, if we are to believe him, that he knew there were NONE there at all.

The word for what he does is HYPOCRITE. He insists that before we invaded it was common knowledge to intelligence agencies that Saddam had no weapons. He blythely ignores ALL the STATEMENTS from around the world, from his own party leadership BEFORE we invaded and since the first war that show his claim is ignorant on its FACE.

Now a reasonable argument one could make about the war is that one did not think we needed to invade because Saddam would not use his weapons on us, that he would not provide weapons to terrorists. BUT Maineman makes the claim that Bush lied when he stated there were weapons there. That there was no doubt there were weapons there. In order to believe that Bush lied one must , BEFORE the INVASION, believe there were NO WEAPONS in Iraq. That Saddam had NO TIES to terrorists, that Saddam did not seek revenge on the US, that Saddam would not return to making weapons and courting terrorists once the sanctions were lifted, that leaving Saddam in power even with no sanctions, free flowing oil money and no checks on his weapons programs or military or secret services, would not ever place us in any danger.

He will never, under any circumstance admit to anything that might involve supporting his President. Look how he just IGNORED the fact that we have proof Saddam Hussein DID in fact work with AL Queada cells and affiliates.

He keeps making the claim that somehow before we invaded he KNEW what the entire world DID NOT KNOW. That there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. He goes on and on about how Bush mislead us and uses as an example the fact Bush believed with no doubt that Saddam had weapons. And his whole defense is he BELIEVED with out a doubt, if we are to believe him, that he knew there were NONE there at all.

The word for what he does is HYPOCRITE. He insists that before we invaded it was common knowledge to intelligence agencies that Saddam had no weapons. He blythely ignores ALL the STATEMENTS from around the world, from his own party leadership BEFORE we invaded and since the first war that show his claim is ignorant on its FACE.

Now a reasonable argument one could make about the war is that one did not think we needed to invade because Saddam would not use his weapons on us, that he would not provide weapons to terrorists. BUT Maineman makes the claim that Bush lied when he stated there were weapons there. That there was no doubt there were weapons there. In order to believe that Bush lied one must , BEFORE the INVASION, believe there were NO WEAPONS in Iraq. That Saddam had NO TIES to terrorists, that Saddam did not seek revenge on the US, that Saddam would not return to making weapons and courting terrorists once the sanctions were lifted, that leaving Saddam in power even with no sanctions, free flowing oil money and no checks on his weapons programs or military or secret services, would not ever place us in any danger.

I tend to agree with you. Doesn't matter they have shown a link to terrorism...Umm.....ummm...ummm...ummm.....ummm(brainwashed) Bush Lied:cuckoo:

oddly enough, we do NOT have any such proof.

There WAS doubt about Saddam's WMD's and Saddam did NOT have ties to the terrorists that attacked us. He had ties to arab nationalist terror organizations.

oddly enough, we do NOT have any such proof.

There WAS doubt about Saddam's WMD's and Saddam did NOT have ties to the terrorists that attacked us. He had ties to arab nationalist terror organizations.

SO you admit you did not read what was posted about documents from Iraq PROVING Saddam was involved with terrorist organizations including AL Queada ones? Thanks for admitting your partisan blinders prevent you from reading.

But it does say Saddam collaborated with known Al Qaeda affiliates and a wider constellation of Islamist terror groups.

will you EVER figure out how to quote correctly????

The terror groups the document delineated were arab nationalists. period.

will you EVER figure out how to quote correctly????

The terror groups the document delineated were arab nationalists. period.

Including, in the list, Al Quaeda groups. Perhaps YOU would care to read?

Remind me how Bush lied because he was certain WMD's existed and your not a liar by claiming you were certain they did NOT exist BEFORE we invaded?

Including, in the list, Al Quaeda groups. Perhaps YOU would care to read?

Remind me how Bush lied because he was certain WMD's existed and your not a liar by claiming you were certain they did NOT exist BEFORE we invaded?

I did read the article.... it does not show any AQ groups. It shows nationalist groups... even Zawahiri's group that assasinated Sadat was a nationalist group.

I have never claimed I was certain that WMD's did not exist before we invaded.

I have only claimed that there was not certainty about their existence.

I did read the article.... it does not show any AQ groups. It shows nationalist groups... even Zawahiri's group that assasinated Sadat was a nationalist group.

I have never claimed I was certain that WMD's did not exist before we invaded.

I have only claimed that there was not certainty about their existence.

It clearly states AQ collaberated with Saddam...:eusa_wall:

Forum List

Back