Question for Iraq war supporters

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by mattskramer, Dec 18, 2007.

1. mattskramer

mattskramer Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    Is anyone willing to say that Bush should have at least inspected the hospitals before he had us go to war? Can you say that there is anything that you think would be obvious that Bush should have done differently? (I’m not talking about hindsight being 20/20. I’m talking about foresight that would make you think that Bush jumped into war too quickly.) Would anyone say something along these lines, “Wow? You screwed up here. Didn’t it ever dawn on you that this action would be more appropriate?” - or do all pro-Bush and Pro-Iraq people think that all of Bush’s decisions throughout the war in Iraq to this point were reasonable and well-planned-out.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. M14 Shooter

M14 Shooter The Light of Truth

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,487
    There is nothing to indicate that we jumped into the war too quickly.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Meemer

Meemer Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    You're kidding, right, Shooter? A holiday joke thing you got going there?

Riots, plundering, too few troops, the beginning of open civil unrest between religious groups, primarily Sunni and Shi'a; and an almost total infrastructure breakdown (which hasn't been rectified yet).

Didn't jump in too quickly, you say? Ah, yes, those elusive WMD's. Something I've always wondered about and questioned while watching Powell's dog and pony presentation before the UN (with the not-too-happy visage of Tenet always visible off Powell's right shoulder). All those photos of suspected chem/bio labs and mobile units; all those WMD factories and storage facilities. Meanwhile, back in Iraq, the UN had searchers on the ground looking for those alleged WMD thingies. Why did not the US transmit the location of the coordinates of those alleged sites to the UN teams on the ground? All photos have those coordinates. But, nope, Geo. the Lesser announced his war would begin and for the inspectors to high tail it out of harm's way. Didn't jump into war too quickly, you say?
    Ah, I don't think so.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. M14 Shooter

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,487
    Presuming for the moment that these things actually happend to the degree that you believe they did -- how do they indicate that we 'jumped into the war too quickly'?

Hans Blix, 26 FEB 2003:
    ""I do not think I can say there is evidence of a fundamental decision [by Iraq to disarm]"
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,79671,00.html
    That covers the WMD issue.

5. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432
    Perhaps you should try looking at the final Blix Report instead of what they said on FauxNews.

6. M14 Shooter

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,487
    You were SO falling all over yourself to rip Fox News that you didnt take the time to see they had posted an AP story. :cuckoo:

Not surprising, but so very, very sad.

No fundamental decision to disarm. All you need to know.

7. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432
    You mean the big bad liberal media aided in the run up to the war? shocked I tell ya....

My point either way (and perhaps I was a little quick to jump on poor little FauxNews) is that the Blix Report said something real different.

8. mattskramer

mattskramer Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    Uh. If we had prepared adequately, we would have went in with an overwhelming ground force, after first clearing the area with an overwhelming number of armored vehicles. We would have had more than enough soldiers to squelch the riots and guard places from plunder. We would have then immediately had engineers there, fully protected by armored soldiers, to immediately start rebuilding the infrastructure after we destroy it. There would not have been so many kidnappings if I had decided that we go to war and led the war. It is as simple as that.

P.S. The hospitals should have been ready.

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
  10. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    As I've said more than once ...

Bush's decision to invade Iraq was a mistake. Sure, Saddam was everything Bush claimed he was, and none of the weak-ass arguments have disproven it.

But Saddam was the lesser of two evils. The DoD assessment back in 91 was that if Saddam was taken out, it would create a power vaccuum and lead to factional fighting, and a (as predicted then) a rush for control by Iran, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Syria. While some of the players have turned out to be different, the result has been essentially the same.

Strategically, as long as Saddam was in power, he stood between all the factions and kept them at bay.