Breastfeeding= Nanny State

Oh dang, another worthless RW thread.

Shocking that he couldn't even quote his own source correctly... Really, I'm so surprised.

Next I see RW on damage control by trying to equate a nanny state to breast pumps VS "oil pumps." Oh, I understand it's an attack on the oil hungry righties, makes me wonder if RW used any oil based products today, like his computer.

So, yes RW... If the Government gives tax credits or help to oil companies to buy "oil pumps" that could be looked at as a nanny state, kind of. When the Government has to help people go through school (college), buy a house, buy a washer/dryer, buy food and send their children to school... Pay for peoples HC and pay them to be un-employed then yes, helping them buy breast pumps would be another added example to the "nanny state." Do you disagree RW, or are you that mentally challenged?

Keep the retarded threads coming RW, you inspire people every day to move from the left and think for themselves.

lol, *Retardism* is RW ideology hahah.

I mean... question for you RW, not that you could answer it... Are you against Government subsidizing "oil pumps?" If so, why on what grounds being you support the Government subsidizing breast pumps, Lol I can't wait.

Breast pumps themselves are a non-issue a 50 dollar item will yield maybe a 20 buck tax break. What is the issue is that the government is being called a nanny state for advocating healthy activities
It once again shows the pettiness and vindictiveness of Bachmann
The first lady has every right to advocate breastfeeding and trying to remove restrictions in the workplace
Does Bachmann even know what a nanny state is?

Oh my LoLing gawd hahaha... It's only 20$... Yes RW, it only cost the tax payer 20$.

What???

A right-winger admitting that a tax cut costs money? How did you reach that conclusion?

I have to share this because Shittoo just reminded me of quite a few people who think they have a right to money from the government, and who also think that anyone who objects to insane spending should receive nada....

Well I was thinking of AssieBubble's post, about the welfare of this mother, that if she ever hit the lotto or came into a sum of money, she would be required to repay the state for the aid she received.

So why shouldn't Bachmann be required to re-pay the thousands in farm subsidy money, now that she is worth millions? She should receive nada as well.

Last edited:
So breast pumps are now necessary to raise children? Anyway you slice it, that was an asinine comment and on any scale oil is much more of a necessity that breast pumps - not that I agree with oil subsidies.

I like how you guys are using oil subsidies - which you ardently disagree with - to support your argument FOR breast pump subsidies. Ridiculous. You're merely proving how wrong you are over and over again.

I am not even saying that I agree with any tax breaks in either situation, and I'm not saying that breast pumps are a necessity to raise children. I am pointing out that tax breaks for breast pumps are no more indicative of a nanny state than tax breaks for oil. Ultimately, I find neither indicative of a nanny state.

Breast pumps themselves are a non-issue a 50 dollar item will yield maybe a 20 buck tax break. What is the issue is that the government is being called a nanny state for advocating healthy activities
The first lady has every right to advocate breastfeeding and trying to remove restrictions in the workplace

Oh my LoLing gawd hahaha... It's only 20$... Yes RW, it only cost the tax payer 20$.

What???

A right-winger admitting that a tax cut costs money? How did you reach that conclusion?

OH MY FUCKING GOD, HAHAHA.... Did you just call a deficit building "tax credit" a "tax cut" again? Man, you should try THINKING before you barf up the shit in your brain.

RW, do you even know that there is a HUGE difference between a tax cut and a tax credit, yes or no?

Everytime you post RW, know you are making people lol all over the world.

if she can show some correlation between a lack of breast pumps, lack of ability to purchase and a medical issue, i.e. breast feeding is a) better and b) the reason mothers don't breast feed more/longer whatever, is because a pump is out of reach due to price etc....then I'd say its up for discussion and might have to be addressed.... has she presented such evidence?

Breast feeding is well known for its benefits in raising healthy children.

Of course, breast milk would appear to be the most ideal food for your newborn. It is the food least likely to cause allergic reactions, it is inexpensive, it is readily available at any hour of the day or night; babies accept the taste readily; and the immunity factors in breast milk can help the baby fight off some infections....Infant formulas have been developed to artificially duplicate human milk, although no formulas have been developed that are an exact replacement for human milk....The amino acids in breast milk, the building blocks of proteins, are well balanced for the human baby, as are the sugars (primarily lactose) and fats. The baby's intestinal tract is best aided in its digestion by the vitamins, enzymes, and minerals found in breast milk. Breast milk also contains infection-fighting antibodies from the mother, and breastfed babies are believed to be at a reduced risk for many acute and chronic infections early in life. The cholesterol content is also high in human milk and very low in formulas. Cholesterol promotes brain growth and provides the building blocks of hormones, vitamin D, and intestinal bile.

So who is fighting to end tax breaks for oil, milk, soy, peanut and corn companies just to name 5 out of 1005?
This damn fool Bachman is a publicity whorre.
Today, poverty wears A DIAPER.

Here RW, something can just watch, you don't even have to read it... It does an ok job talking about the difference, not great, just ok.

Last edited by a moderator:

What???

OH MY FUCKING GOD, HAHAHA.... Did you just call a deficit building "tax credit" a "tax cut" again? Man, you should try THINKING before you barf up the shit in your brain.

RW, do you even know that there is a HUGE difference between a tax cut and a tax credit, yes or no?

Oh really? :lol:

I'm sure our billionaires will be thrilled. But then again, I can see how you would be aghast at tax breaks for common people

So who is fighting to end tax breaks for oil, milk, soy, peanut and corn companies just to name 5 out of 1005?
This damn fool Bachman is a publicity whorre.
Today, poverty wears A DIAPER.

Ahh yes, but we had a Majority for the Dems in the House and Senate with a Dem president... So question, being none of the "tax breaks" were ended for the stuff you mention, does that make Dems and Obama just as bad? Just wondering...

More about breastfeeding:

The only disadvantages for the baby in breastfeeding occur when things are not going well, for example, if there's an inadequate supply of breast milk or an inefficient suck reflex in the baby. However, it is unusual for a mother not to produce enough milk for her baby unless she is not breastfeeding correctly or frequently enough.

This is where breast pumping comes in. A mother can pump at regular times, and thus preserve her ability to continue producing enough milk, all while helping to ensure that there is always a supply of milk available for the infant even if the infant in temporarily in another person's care.

Many Americans are dumbasses.
The health care savings down the road will be THOUSANDS of times MORE than the tax breaks for a simple breast pump.
Conservatism MEANS saving $$.
All 3 of my kids were breast fed and my wife had a pump. You can freeze the milk.

What???

I'm sure our billionaires will be thrilled. But then again, I can see how you would be aghast at tax breaks for common people

You didn't answer the question on top of barfing up more "made on the spot" bullshit.

Where did I say we needed more tax cuts for billionaires, RW? Wait, why should I ask a question being you have managed to NOT answer a single one so far.

Did Obama and the Dems pass tax cuts for billionaires RW… Does that make Obama “evil” for giving billionaires tax cuts like you tried to make me out to be? Or because he is black with a D next to his name is it A`OK, just like his support and expansion of the Wars, homeland security, HC , torture and so on, just like Bush… RW, you’re a neocon, and I base that on the very simple fact that you support a president and congress that by definition are neocons.

You were against the Bush tax cuts when Bush did them, but when Obama did them you were only against the part for rich people, but you liked to point out all of the tax cuts for "common people." Man you're an easy target.

So breast pumps are now necessary to raise children? Anyway you slice it, that was an asinine comment and on any scale oil is much more of a necessity that breast pumps - not that I agree with oil subsidies.

I like how you guys are using oil subsidies - which you ardently disagree with - to support your argument FOR breast pump subsidies. Ridiculous. You're merely proving how wrong you are over and over again.

I am not even saying that I agree with any tax breaks in either situation, and I'm not saying that breast pumps are a necessity to raise children. I am pointing out that tax breaks for breast pumps are no more indicative of a nanny state than tax breaks for oil. Ultimately, I find neither indicative of a nanny state.

So the government providing financial incentives and support to people and entities which should be and, in the vast majority of cases are, capable of providing for their own activities is not indicative of a nanny state? We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Bachmann criticizes Michelle Obama about breastfeeding - On Politics: Covering the US Congress, Governors, and the 2012 Election - USATODAY.com

Tea Party favorite Michele Bachmann ripped into Michelle Obama today over breastfeeding, calling the first lady's promotion of nursing an example of a "nanny state."

Lying title.

Bachmann didn't say that breastfeeding = nanny state, you lying piece of shit. She said she breast fed all 5 of her children. She said GOVERNMENT PURCHASE OF BREAST PUMPS for women was indicative of the nanny state.

And it is. It's stupid.

So let me get this straight..

If the government gives a tax break for Breast Pumps= Nanny State
If the government gives a tax break for Oil Pumps = No Nanny State

Do I got it right?
how about they are BOTH wrong?
cant you even be honest for ONCE?

Oh dang, another worthless RW thread.

Shocking that he couldn't even quote his own source correctly... Really, I'm so surprised.

Next I see RW on damage control by trying to equate a nanny state to breast pumps VS "oil pumps." Oh, I understand it's an attack on the oil hungry righties, makes me wonder if RW used any oil based products today, like his computer.

So, yes RW... If the Government gives tax credits or help to oil companies to buy "oil pumps" that could be looked at as a nanny state, kind of. When the Government has to help people go through school (college), buy a house, buy a washer/dryer, buy food and send their children to school... Pay for peoples HC and pay them to be un-employed then yes, helping them buy breast pumps would be another added example to the "nanny state." Do you disagree RW, or are you that mentally challenged?

Keep the retarded threads coming RW, you inspire people every day to move from the left and think for themselves.

lol, *Retardism* is RW ideology hahah.

I mean... question for you RW, not that you could answer it... Are you against Government subsidizing "oil pumps?" If so, why on what grounds being you support the Government subsidizing breast pumps, Lol I can't wait.

evidence please, links?

:eusa_whistle:

You didn't answer the question on top of barfing up more "made on the spot" bullshit.

Where did I say we needed more tax cuts for billionaires, RW? Wait, why should I ask a question being you have managed to NOT answer a single one so far.

Did Obama and the Dems pass tax cuts for billionaires RW… Does that make Obama “evil” for giving billionaires tax cuts like you tried to make me out to be? Or because he is black with a D next to his name is it A`OK, just like his support and expansion of the Wars, homeland security, HC , torture and so on, just like Bush… RW, you’re a neocon, and I base that on the very simple fact that you support a president and congress that by definition are neocons.

You were against the Bush tax cuts when Bush did them, but when Obama did them you were only against the part for rich people, but you liked to point out all of the tax cuts for "common people." Man you're an easy target.

No.....actually if you read my posts at the time, I was against the tax cuts in total. I opposed borrowing $2 trillion to pay for tax cuts which proved under Bush not to create jobs. I wanted the money to go to deficit reduction
Now we are cutting spending just to make up for extending the tax cuts
Obama sold out

So the government providing financial incentives and support to people and entities which should be and, in the vast majority of cases are, capable of providing for their own activities is not indicative of a nanny state? We'll just have to agree to disagree.

The way I see it, the government, for whatever their reason, deciding AGAINST taking tax dollars from you, is the opposite of a nanny state.

Forum List

Back