Breastfeeding= Nanny State

Bachmann criticizes Michelle Obama about breastfeeding - On Politics: Covering the US Congress, Governors, and the 2012 Election - USATODAY.com

Tea Party favorite Michele Bachmann ripped into Michelle Obama today over breastfeeding, calling the first lady's promotion of nursing an example of a "nanny state."

Lying title.

Bachmann didn't say that breastfeeding = nanny state, you lying piece of shit. She said she breast fed all 5 of her children. She said GOVERNMENT PURCHASE OF BREAST PUMPS for women was indicative of the nanny state.

And it is. It's stupid.

So let me get this straight..

If the government gives a tax break for Breast Pumps= Nanny State correct
If the government gives a tax break for Oil Pumps = No Nanny State not correct

Do I got it right?

tax breaks are killing the economy and are not actually helping.

Once again, I turned tax time into a small profit. I got back about $500 more than was put in.

The govornment is going to have to borrow money to pay the working poor more than they took. :lol:

Why should the government provide anybody with a breast pump? If you can't afford the things a baby would need, or things that you would need for the baby, maybe you shouldn't be having a baby. Should have given that some thought prior to the need...

It all depends on what kind of tax breaks they will get for breast pumps. I'm okay with it if they allow the purchase of pumps on the tax free Flex Accounts.

Rebates for pumps I think I oppose.

I also oppose the 14 billion dollars a year in tax breaks big oil receives as corporate welfare. I bet none of those breaks are included in their tax free Flex accounts either.

People come from breast pumps? Maybe you should go back to Biology 101..

Do you actually believe that that's what I was saying? If yes, grow a cortex. If no, then stop intentionally misrepresenting what people have said.

Then you need to explain what you were blathering on about.

What do tax breaks for boob milkers have to do with the population vanishing?

Bachmann criticizes Michelle Obama about breastfeeding - On Politics: Covering the US Congress, Governors, and the 2012 Election - USATODAY.com

Tea Party favorite Michele Bachmann ripped into Michelle Obama today over breastfeeding, calling the first lady's promotion of nursing an example of a "nanny state."

Fucking dishonest lying sack of shit leftist

If you disagree on a stance, that is one thing... you foul worthless waste of oxygen... but your misrepresentation is fucking horse shit

I directly quote USA Today....It is Bachmann who is a waste of oxygen raising the issue of "Nanny State"

What a tool

No.. you fucking douchebag...

It is not only a leftist reporter misrepresenting some, it is you expanding it and promoting the misrepresentation further.... you know this is not about being against breastfeeding, but rather tax breaks for breast pumps... a completely DIFFERENT thing...

But to you, who likes to paint a stance on misinformation, lies, and bullshit rhetoric, it is motherfucking par for the motherfucking course....

Like I said... you disagree with a stance, that is one thing.... argue it truthfully.... what you are doing now, and do continually with misrepresentation, is goddamn fucking bullshit

Go fuck yourself, wrongwinger

It all depends on what kind of tax breaks they will get for breast pumps. I'm okay with it if they allow the purchase of pumps on the tax free Flex Accounts.

I also oppose the 14 billion dollars a year in tax breaks big oil receives as corporate welfare. I bet none of those breaks are included in their tax free Flex accounts either.

I agree.

If you can't turn a profit on your own, keep your damn hands outta my pockets.

Logical fallacy. Again.

Maybe you can splain it

How is govt encouraging oil drilling not a "Nanny State"??
While encouraging breastfeeding is?

Nobody said encouraging breastfeeding is indicative of a nanny state.

So...another logical fallacy, liewinger.

Do breast pumps encourage breast feeding?
How is that a Nanny State?

Isn't the government subsidizing oil drilling encouraging more oil drilling?

Nanny State....What business is it of the Government to tell people they should "Drill baby drill"

They can ALREADY DO THAT

Lying title.

Bachmann didn't say that breastfeeding = nanny state, you lying piece of shit. She said she breast fed all 5 of her children. She said GOVERNMENT PURCHASE OF BREAST PUMPS for women was indicative of the nanny state.

And it is. It's stupid.

Yes the title is misleading but then again so is saying that the First lady is advocating that the government purchase breast pumps for women.

People come from breast pumps? Maybe you should go back to Biology 101..

Do you actually believe that that's what I was saying? If yes, grow a cortex. If no, then stop intentionally misrepresenting what people have said.

No, but your implication that without tax breaks for breast pumps the population of the US would be decimated was just as stupid. So I decided to have fun with it.

Why should the government provide anybody with a breast pump? If you can't afford the things a baby would need, or things that you would need for the baby, maybe you shouldn't be having a baby. Should have given that some thought prior to the need...

Why does everyone keep talking about the government providing breast pumps? They aren't buying them, they're just giving a tax break for them. Not the same thing, not by a long shot. If the government wants to let you keep more of your money to spend as you see fit, then why is that a bad thing? It certainly is nowhere NEAR the same as the government taking the money and buying it for you, and it's not a nanny state.

They can ALREADY DO THAT

I know they took alot of items off the list this year. And frankly our kids are grown but no grandkiddies yet.......

http://www.afadvantage.com/flex-list-eligible.asp

Not eligible if used merely to benefit general health, or for convenience, or other personal reasons. If the expense is for medical care, a medical practitioner’s recommendation is required stating the item is to treat a specific medical condition.

Last edited:

Why does everyone keep talking about the government providing breast pumps? They aren't buying them, they're just giving a tax break for them. Not the same thing, not by a long shot. If the government wants to let you keep more of your money to spend as you see fit, then why is that a bad thing? It certainly is nowhere NEAR the same as the government taking the money and buying it for you, and it's not a nanny state.

The tax break for breast feeding will result in a "Trickle Down"

Conservatism at its finest

Didn't President Obama just talk about how "spending" through tax breaks was one of the biggest causes of the budget deficit. Um...hello?

No, but your implication that without tax breaks for breast pumps the population of the US would be decimated was just as stupid. So I decided to have fun with it.

That's was not my implication at all. The person to whom I was replying was suggesting that tax breaks for oil related purposes were somehow more justifiable than tax breaks for breast pumps, because cities and industries run on oil. He then made the fallacious presentation that a tax break for breast pumps extends to breasts some kind of unjustified treatment that is not worthy of something that does not run cities and industries. I was only pointing out that it's not about breasts, it's about raising children, and that a society that does not raise children will not have any people to run cities or industry. Thus, if his concern is running cities and industries, oil related tax breaks are no more qualified than tax breaks related to providing the people to do the work.

That's was not my implication at all. The person to whom I was replying was suggesting that tax breaks for oil related purposes were somehow more justifiable than tax breaks for breast pumps, because cities and industries run on oil. He then made the fallacious presentation that a tax break for breast pumps extends to breasts some kind of unjustified treatment that is not worthy of something that does not run cities and industries. I was only pointing out that it's not about breasts, it's about raising children, and that a society that does not raise children will not have any people to run cities or industry. Thus, if his concern is running cities and industries, oil related tax breaks are no more qualified than tax breaks related to providing the people to do the work.

So breast pumps are now necessary to raise children? Anyway you slice it, that was an asinine comment and on any scale oil is much more of a necessity that breast pumps - not that I agree with oil subsidies.

I like how you guys are using oil subsidies - which you ardently disagree with - to support your argument FOR breast pump subsidies. Ridiculous. You're merely proving how wrong you are over and over again.

"Obama will be pushing for tax breaks for breast pumps and other nursing supplies and for more flexibility in the workplace so women can breast feed, according to AOL's Politics Daily."

So it's Not just breast pumps you need to question. How about other nursing supplies and for more flexibility in the workplace so women can breast feed.
What does flexibility in the workplace mean??? Other nursing supplies???
How much is this going to cost???

I really don't believe that the US government has Any place in the breastfeeding of babies.

Forum List

Back