Breaking: Van runs into crowd outside N. London Mosque

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by MindWars, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Lucy Hamilton

Lucy Hamilton Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34,538
    I don't know 100% it's very confusing, the BBC World Service was saying it was the British Government, those articles I linked suggest it was the leader of that Camden Council and then the second article also suggests that London Mayor Sadiq Khan was involved.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Tilly

Tilly Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Erob: Where the Sun Sets West of Phoenecia
    Ratings:
    +14,929
    It was the council and Khan, playing politics, but I can see this one backfiring.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Issa

Issa VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +688
    Aztecs? The paharaoes? The Mayans? The Chinese? The Moors?
    First university on earth is in Fez Morocco built in 9th century by a Muslim Woman a north African woman.

4. Lucy Hamilton

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34,538
    Not only have I hugged a tree, I have also smoked a Hookah pipe in Tehran and in Shiraz both Persia.

upload_2017-6-24_2-20-37.png

The apple Hookah tobacco is very nice.

upload_2017-6-24_2-24-20.png

Also the following Hookah tobacco is nice, the mint (top left) cherry (top right) and lemon (third right down)

upload_2017-6-24_2-25-30.png

The Persians serve you Chai (Black Tea) with your Hookah pipe, the Hookah pipe in the below picture contains the cherry flavour tobacco.

upload_2017-6-24_2-31-2.png

The Hookah pipe in the below picture contains the lemon flavour tobacco.

upload_2017-6-24_2-33-6.png

Chai (Black Tea) is a big part of Persian Culture, literally an obsession, they have incredible Tea Houses called Chaikhanehs throughout Persia, they have been part of Persian Culture since the 15th Century, prior to that it was all the obsession with coffee, but after the 15th century coffee was sort of discarded in favour of tea saplings and seeds because they were easier to purchase via The Silk Road.

All Persian tea is a reddish brown (which is Black Tea) and you do NOT put milk in it under ANY circumstances.

upload_2017-6-24_2-55-5.png

My favourite Chaikhaneh that I visited many times is in Tehran, The Azari Tea House ,it's on Vasir Asr Street which is the longest avenue at 19.3 km.

upload_2017-6-24_2-56-15.png

Valiasr: Tehran’s Longest Avenue

My favourite place in Persia is Shiraz, the architecture is EXQUISITE with intricate mosaics, Shiraz or Tiraziš was first mentioned back 2000 BC discovered in the late 1940s on clay tablets, it is a city Historically rich in literature and also wine, the oldest example ever of wine was discovered in Shiraz dated back 7,000 years.

Anyhow I've rambled enough, I've many times commented here about my great love of Persia and the Persians.

I think maybe I should start a thread for I and dani67 about my love of Persia and dani being of course Persian.

5. Issa

Issa VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +688
    With all due respect Lucy....i have my doubts about you visiting Persia(Iran) and Morocco :
    The number one reason, your love for the culture as you claim doesn't go with your hatred for the cultures and rejecting them in others threads. And also your "memories are vague and sound almost like a copy cat from virtual tourist website.
    And I've yet to meet someone who visited Muslim countries and fell in love with them and yet is so hostile towards the Islamic culture. Sorry I could be wrong thoug!!!

6. Death Angel

Death Angel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,861
    And what did these brutal barbarians contribute?

Cannibalism? 35 year lifespan? Slavery?

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  7. Lucy Hamilton

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34,538
    You are wrong, since I joined this forum I have written about my love of Persia for example.

I have never said I hated the Culture, I have written many times of my respect for the Culture especially the architecture, I just don't want Muslims living in The West, the Culture Clash it creates and is creating can only end in tears.

I have also been to Egypt and Dubai, I've written at this forum previously about my visits to those nations and as a teenager about 10 years ago we went to Syria, we spent the whole time in Damascus, a mind blowingly beautiful city with simply beyond exquisite architecture and mosaics and it's a FUCKING CRIME AGAINST BEAUTY that that city has been nearly destroyed.

We also spent some time in Jordan, which is a wonderful little nation.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  8. Lucy Hamilton

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34,538
    You have not responded to my earlier post last night:

upload_2017-6-24_13-17-8.png

So tell us your thoughts about the September 11th, 2001 terrorist attack on the WTC.

Breaking: Van runs into crowd outside N. London Mosque

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Issa

Issa VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +688
    It's a horrible terrorist act. But I firmly believe that the US turned its eyes away to let it happen to go and have a carte Blanche to do whatever in the middle East.

10. Coyote

Coyote Varmint Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,813
    That's firmly considered a conspiracy theory...