I knew I was screwed': Boulder County women recount moose attack

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Linda Lund was weeding the garden in front of her Boulder County home on June 2, her beloved three-legged pit bull, Paris, sitting across the driveway waiting for chipmunks to emerge from under a large rock when she felt what she describes as "a presence."

It was a moose, the surly overlord of the woods.

"She was literally right there, and she had two babies," Lund said. "I knew I was screwed."

She said the moose ran after Paris — it was initially reported that Paris was barking, but Lund insists her dog never barks — and she saw her dog underneath the large beast, which she said attacked the dog three times.

"I ran," Lund said. "That's when she hoofed me. I was moving so it wasn't full force, but at one point I was under her."

Lund, 64, made it behind two large wooden posts in front of her home, and the moose followed her as is evidenced by the shards of a clay planter that the animal stomped.

It all happened so quick," she said. "The baby came right up, and I thought, 'Where there's a baby, there's mom.' I turned and said, 'Oh (expletive).'"

Rickertt said the moose brought a hoof down on her head — she has the black eye and seven stitches on her forehead as proof — and stomped her again as she backed away.

"She caught both my legs and began stomping," she said. "I remember her hooves coming up and I was like, 'Oh (expletive)."

She dropped to the ground and caught one more hoof in the back before she was able to crawl along a car parked in the driveway. The moose left the area when one of her calves walked away.
'I knew I was screwed': Boulder County women recount moose attack

:eek::eek: :eek:

Animals are cute in pictures.

All creatures are beautiful, but they are also instinctive.

I have read many such stories about people accidentally stumbling upon bear cubs while walking along a path in the forest. These guys had hunting rifles and one of them was still mauled and needed lengthy surgery just to survive. Just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

They can be deadly & very unpredictable.

...except when they play in the sprinklers lol

(They realllly dont like dogs...understandable since wolves like to eat them.)

My moose story is pulling into a camp site on my motorcycle in a British Columbia providential park. It was dark and the gate guard said to watch for the males moose, it's mating season and they are unpredictable eh, and handed me a map.

I pulled over further up to glom over the map and heard a rustling. A huge bull moose popped out of the trees and started sniffing me over. he was monster sized, a rack as wide as my bike was long. I was dressed head to toe in cow leather. I won't go in to what crossed my mind but beat a hasty exit out of there. Had to get another map.

Don't get near a mom and her kids..............She might kill you.............especially when as big as a Moose.

Forum List

Back