UK MP warns of cover up in London fire

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
A British lawmaker has warned of a possible cover-up over the recent London tower fire, calling on Prime Minister Theresa May to quickly gather all available documents about the incident before they are deliberately “destroyed.”
PressTV-UK MP warns of cover-up in London fire
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well if there is a cover up you can bet alternative news over there will be breaking the information. Of course as soon as they do the information will be called either fake news, or a conspiracy all in the same I guess.

MSM will be sure to say it's bs unless it helps to boost them, and right now the US MSM needs all the points they can get since they are failing severely.

A British lawmaker has warned of a possible cover-up over the recent London tower fire, calling on Prime Minister Theresa May to quickly gather all available documents about the incident before they are deliberately “destroyed.”
PressTV-UK MP warns of cover-up in London fire
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well if there is a cover up you can bet alternative news over there will be breaking the information. Of course as soon as they do the information will be called either fake news, or a conspiracy all in the same I guess.

MSM will be sure to say it's bs unless it helps to boost them, and right now the US MSM needs all the points they can get since they are failing severely.
You're a Sandy Hook Truther nut, right? So I'm curious.... who are you trying to attack with this new conspiracy theory?

I have heard that the chief suspect is the cladding that they use to insulate the buildings, which is supposed to be nonflammable.

I would say it is more flammable than they think it is.

Are they going to hide all the evidence that this was caused by the need for green building.

Last edited:
Sprinkler systems needed...
eek.gif

'Combustible cladding' on 600 towers
Thu, 22 Jun 2017 : Tests on other tower blocks after the Grenfell Tower fire have shown some cladding is combustible.
Around 600 high rises across England are using similar cladding to Grenfell Tower, Downing Street estimates. Tower blocks across the UK are being examined after the London blaze, which left 79 people dead or missing, presumed dead. Three samples have been shown to be "combustible" and more results will be made public in the next 48 hours. A No 10 spokeswoman said it was a "matter of absolute urgency" to tell residents. Theresa May said all local authorities responsible for the flats had been told. The announcement comes after the boss of Kensington and Chelsea Council resigned after criticism of the London authority's response.

_96585547_mediaitem96582732.jpg

Speaking in the Commons, Mrs May said that the council "couldn't cope" in the aftermath of the fire, and that it "was right" its chief executive, Nicholas Holgate, had stepped down. Councils were told to give details to the government about the cladding they used in the tower blocks by Monday. The Department for Communities and Local Government is then co-ordinating tests on it - with up to 100 able to take place in a day. A spokeswoman from Downing Street said: "So far, three samples have been found to be combustible. "We are in touch with all the local authorities to encourage them to urgently send us the samples and then we will carry out the checks that we need to see where we are with that."

_96590717_e3f6dada-a223-4182-8641-c0af0beb4f17.jpg

The new flats in Kensington Row are 1.5 miles from Grenfell Tower​

She added: "Obviously nobody will be living in buildings that are unsafe. They will be rehoused if they need to be and landlords will be asked to provide alternative accommodation where that's possible." Camden Council confirmed that cladding used on its Chalcots estate would be removed after safety tests. Councillor Georgia Gould, leader of the council, said: "The new results from the laboratory show that the outer cladding panels themselves are made up of aluminium panels with a polyethylene core. "Therefore, the panels that were fitted were not to the standard that we had commissioned. In light of this, we will be informing the contractor that we will be taking urgent legal advice."

Residents' fears in Tottenham high rise

See also:

London copes with deep divisions after attacks, tower fire
Wednesday 21st June, 2017 - The cars still zip over London Bridge at their typical fast clip, drawing little obvious attention.
But some pedestrians walking the bridge over the River Thames each day say they find themselves glancing at the passing traffic and wondering: Is that the one? Is that the one that's going to swerve my way? The one whose driver wants to kill me for reasons I'll never quite grasp? "Of course I do think about it every day," said 55-year-old Phil Bradley, who notes with approval that police have installed extra barriers since the June 3 attack when three Islamic extremists slammed a van into pedestrians on the bridge then went on a stabbing rampage in nearby Borough Market, killing a total of eight people. "But you have to keep it in perspective."

n241498030602.jpg

Londoners tend to take their city for granted - until something goes terribly wrong. When the great city is ticking along, its residents barely notice its unique cosmopolitan blend, its seemingly effortless mix of dozens of different cultures. But when the city's multi-ethnic personality is under threat, as it is now, people are uneasy, but also proud and protective, determined not to change their routines or their outlook. The city has endured three deadly Islamic extremist attacks in the last three months alone. And the pace of horrific events has quickened: In the last week, London's worst fire in decades claimed at least 79 lives and a group of Muslims leaving prayers marking the holy month of Ramadan were intentionally run down by a man in a van.

The city - and the country - seem divided: Between rich and poor, Muslim and non-Muslim, between those who welcome outsiders and those who fear them. Signs of division are everywhere - the general election in early June did not produce a clear majority for any party, leaving the makeup of the next government unclear. Still, London retains much of its imperial grace: The West End theatres are full, the pubs and restaurants are jammed with people enjoying the long lingering light of balmy summer nights. But Britain has suffered a traumatic year of political change and unrest since the momentous vote one year ago to leave the European Union.

Coming unstuck

Last edited:

Forum List

Back