Both sides of the coin

Rantings! Exactly! I think there's something in the Bible about suffering with an ill-tempered woman. Seriously, who can tolerate that for any length of time?? I swear I have an off switch for people who appear to continually be on the verge of a complete meltdown. My assumption (based on their posts) is that foaming at the mouth is involved. If we were in the same household, I'd probably take refuge in a bottle.

And I should read their posts? I think not.

When it becomes nothing more than an endless regurgitation of the same debunked nonsense it is just tiresome. You are correct that we are not obliged to read their posts since they are not offering anything of any value even when specifically asked to do so. The welcome mat to my iggy room is taking a beating these days. :D

Exactly, and very well-written, might I add.

Have you ever heard of ted-x? I'll bring more info once I am resituated.

Okay - so this isn't about politics, but it is about paradigm shifts. In this case, as it applies to education and creativity.

Give him a listen, let me know what you think.

He is right that there is more than one kind of intelligence and schools are not good at recognizing them.

He's my new crush. Intellect, wit, AND humor? I've died and gone to heaven!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rantings! Exactly! I think there's something in the Bible about suffering with an ill-tempered woman. Seriously, who can tolerate that for any length of time?? I swear I have an off switch for people who appear to continually be on the verge of a complete meltdown. My assumption (based on their posts) is that foaming at the mouth is involved. If we were in the same household, I'd probably take refuge in a bottle.

And I should read their posts? I think not.

When it becomes nothing more than an endless regurgitation of the same debunked nonsense it is just tiresome. You are correct that we are not obliged to read their posts since they are not offering anything of any value even when specifically asked to do so. The welcome mat to my iggy room is taking a beating these days. :D

I hear that! ^5

Okay - so this isn't about politics, but it is about paradigm shifts. In this case, as it applies to education and creativity.

Give him a listen, let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG9CE55wbtY

He is right that there is more than one kind of intelligence and schools are not good at recognizing them.

He's my new crush. Intellect, wit, AND humor? I've died and gone to heaven!

Dry self deprecating humor is always good! :thup:

You argue that we should never attack people, then use a picture of a real person simply to make a stupid joke. Do uyou see why I refuse to let you dictate how I talk to the scumbags that demand something from me they don't give to others?

In case you missed it, I just called you a scumbag.

Actually, no you didn't. That was two different posters you lumped together.

No it isn't, asswipe. I did, however, lump two different posts from the same poster in the same thread. Feel free to go back and read the thread. if you know how to read.

BDBoop: one poster.
Statistikhengst: another poster.

Ergo, two different posters.

DUH.

Last edited:
Does foul language fucking hurt your immature ego? Do you define yourself by how other assholes talk? Doesn't that indicate how stupid and dependent you are?

That proves that you have a problem, I suggest you find someone to slap your fact until you grow up.

Fucking does your own fucking language fucking not fucking bestow a fucking clue that fucking the immaturity and fucking anger is fucking on your own fucking end? Do fucking you define your fucking self by how many fucking times you can fucking insert the word fucking into a post? I fucking suggest you fucking find somefuckingone to fucking "slap your fucking fact" (whatever the fuck that means) until you grow the fuck up. Because all you do with this juvenile shit is look stupid. In a fucking kind of way.

More to the point of this thread -- why would any human being be the tiniest bit interested in what you "suggest", after the way you just berated them?

Never claimed it fucking did, did I? You are the one that claims that how you fucking say something is more important than what you say, so deal with your own hypocrisy.

More to the point, what makes you think I fucking care how people I berate think about what I fucking said?

If you're offering a suggestion paired with ad hominem, then that means you've shot your own suggestion in the foot, which means all you're doing is wasting everybody's time. Which as I've said before, goes hand in hand with your handle, probably the only honest thing you've ever posted on the internets at all.

Some times I am embarrassed by people - not you as I recall - who are on the same side of an argument as me. On boards, as in personal contact, I find it necessary to distance myself from the abusive and the foul mouthed.

As your post above demonstrates you are perfectly able to express yourself intelligently and interestingly so why on earth would you deliberately descend from this high standard? Why emulate semi-literate oafs?

Does foul language fucking hurt your immature ego? Do you define yourself by how other assholes talk? Doesn't that indicate how stupid and dependent you are?

That proves that you have a problem, I suggest you find someone to slap your fact until you grow up.

The think that is so fucked up is when fucked-up fuckers can use "fuck" as a fucking noun, a fucking adjective, three-times over fucking verbs, the occasional fucking adverb and then they, those motherfucking fucked-up fuck-ups, wondering why the the fucking world that no fucking motherfuckers ever fucking listen to them.

Fuck. That is just plain old fucked-up. F. U. C. K. E. D. U. P.

Ergo, you are just plain old fucked-up. F. U. C. K. E. D. U. P.

Well fuck, it's also a "discourse particle". :D

Excellent post, and bears repeating. I think many on this board are "labeled onto a side, and treated accordingly." I rather hate that.

I'm sure I am seen as a hard line conservative. and I am very conservative in many aspects. funny thing is I am a registered democrat and probably very liberal in many aspects. I'm not against gay rights, gay marriage. But I don't go with the common flow that we need to pass more laws giving gays equal rights. I think what we need to do is remove the existing laws on the books that deny them those rights. Government has no business making decisions on people personal lives. I'm not opposed to giving aid and personal assistance. I just don't believe our current entitlement programs do that. in fact I think they do more to oppress and keep people down. and I think that is evidenced by the fact that generation after generation continue to depend on them. when you take personal responsibility and the need to succeed on your own away from people they become complacent. an objective has to be established as the end game. whether that is an education, job specific training, participating in volunteer programs that provide a service to society. it can't continue to be, collect your pay check week after week with no expectation of return. I guess I'm more of a constitutionalist. I think the basic tenants needed to guide our society are there. they don't need constant reinterpretation. all our reinterpretation of the ever does is put a limitation on a segment of society.

I personally believe partisan politics is a deliberate attempt to keep the public divided. no matter what side of the fence you tend to lean towards, no one is really all left on every issue, or all right. but we have become so polarized, we actually start to think that way. talk that way and eventually act that way. and what happens? in the end, we all lose.

We continue on a downhill slide no matter who is in charge. in every situation there is a winner and a loser. who wins? Politicians. Corporations, The rich get richer. Special interests. who loses? well the poor are still poor. no matter what entitlements they get, they are still poor, and, they continue to fall further and further behind in an ever more competitive global environment. the average American citizen. more and more of us are joining the ranks of the dependent. we have less disposable capital. retirement ages get pushed back. retirement for many becomes subsistence living. we become less content and satisfied with our lives. we are constantly at each others throats. we take pleasure in putting someone else down. for any of us who our middle age to in our senior years, we see how much this has changed in the last few decades.

no we aren't on the right track because we are no longer out for mankind. we are out for ourselves and we are out for our agendas. we no longer live and let live, we no longer tolerate. we can't accept that others are different from us and just let them live their lives as they want. Man, we really have to get back to that.

I would vote for you for President.

Seriously, I would. In a heartbeat.

Me too - that was an excellent post, Spoon. Forking excellent.

We currently pay over 400 BILLION a year on Interest payments...............

We are projected to pay around 800 BILLION by the year 2020 on interest payments alone.........

Deficits will rise by around 500 a BILLION DURING THAT TIME to over a Trillion by 2020, due to mandatory spending..............

Those are the facts of the situation we are facing.........Liberals don't like FACTS...........And refuse to do a thing about it............As they expand programs.......................

Reason, Logic on your side of the equation is utterly STUPID........

As far as the PC, when you are told you must be polite all the time you are actually talking about it.

--- so you still can't define your term?

Nice blanket statements btw, Linus.

We are projected to pay around 800 BILLION by the year 2020 on interest payments alone.........

Deficits will rise by around 500 a BILLION DURING THAT TIME to over a Trillion by 2020, due to mandatory spending..............

Those are the facts of the situation we are facing.........Liberals don't like FACTS...........And refuse to do a thing about it............As they expand programs.......................

As far as the PC, when you are told you must be polite all the time you are actually talking about it.

Sounds to me like we need to tax the rich at an appropriate rate and stop bleeding out half a trillion a year in trade deficits.

Sounds to me like you are confused.

Tell me something, if you can, what do taxes have to do with the trade deficit?

Sounds to me like we need to tax the rich at an appropriate rate and stop bleeding out half a trillion a year in trade deficits.

You sound like a Washington politician, but here is something you should know. When a non-partisan American hears a Washington liberal say, "we need to tax the rich at an appropriate rate and stop bleeding out half a trillion a year in trade deficits", we know what he really means is, "tax rates must go up on the middle class, new entitlement programs need to be set up designating funds for the poor which will be appropriated by Congress for our corporate benefactors".

Immie

Last edited:
Actually, no you didn't. That was two different posters you lumped together.

No it isn't, asswipe. I did, however, lump two different posts from the same poster in the same thread. Feel free to go back and read the thread. if you know how to read.

DUH.

I see your confusion, you can't read.

I combined the post where Statist posted a picture of a fat woman as an insult with this post.

Except real debate is not supposed to be about starting a fight, and it is not supposed to be about demonizing a person, it's supposed to be about vigorously defending your ideas/ideals by applying logic and at the same time, deconstructing the ideas/ ideals of your opponent by using logic as well.

Two great debators should be able to shake hands before and after a really rough and rugged debate and not think ill of each other.

An opponent is not an enemy.

Making someone else the "demon" just because he does not share your ideology or culture is the cheap way out, imo. It requires the least energy of all. So, essentially, trolls are lazy asses.

Two posts, one poster.

You loose, again.

Fucking does your own fucking language fucking not fucking bestow a fucking clue that fucking the immaturity and fucking anger is fucking on your own fucking end? Do fucking you define your fucking self by how many fucking times you can fucking insert the word fucking into a post? I fucking suggest you fucking find somefuckingone to fucking "slap your fucking fact" (whatever the fuck that means) until you grow the fuck up. Because all you do with this juvenile shit is look stupid. In a fucking kind of way.

More to the point of this thread -- why would any human being be the tiniest bit interested in what you "suggest", after the way you just berated them?

Never claimed it fucking did, did I? You are the one that claims that how you fucking say something is more important than what you say, so deal with your own hypocrisy.

More to the point, what makes you think I fucking care how people I berate think about what I fucking said?

If you're offering a suggestion paired with ad hominem, then that means you've shot your own suggestion in the foot, which means all you're doing is wasting everybody's time. Which as I've said before, goes hand in hand with your handle, probably the only honest thing you've ever posted on the internets at all.

Actually, jerk wad, I'm not, because I don't claim that using a personal attack means you are losing the argument. If you actually learn how to parse a sentence you will understand that the fact that I am mocking that position, and still insulting the idiots, does not imply that I lost. It just proves I am consistently an asshole, even when I am right.

Last edited:
Exactly, and very well-written, might I add.

Have you ever heard of ted-x? I'll bring more info once I am resituated.

ted x as is event coordination and concept presentation?

I believe so?

Created in the spirit of TED’s mission, “ideas worth spreading,” the TEDx program is designed to give communities, organizations and individuals the opportunity to stimulate dialogue through TED-like experiences at the local level. TEDx events are fully planned and coordinated independently, on a community-by-community basis.

About TED

TED is a nonprofit devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. It started out in 1984 as a conference bringing together people from three worlds: Technology, Entertainment, Design. Since then its scope has become ever broader. Along with two annual conferences -- the TED Conference and TEDGlobal -- TED includes the award-winning TED Talks video site, the Open Translation Project and TED Conversations, the inspiring TED Fellows and TEDx programs, and the annual TED Prize.

TED conferences bring together the world's most fascinating thinkers and doers, who are challenged to give the talk of their lives (in 18 minutes or less).
On TED.com, we make the best talks and performances from TED and partners available to the world, for free. More than 1500 TED Talks are now available, with more added each week. All of the talks are subtitled in English, and many in other languages, too. These videos are released under a Creative Commons BY-NC-ND license, so they can be freely shared and reposted.

TED is simply awesome. The world needs more TED get-togethers. Just mind boggling what we can accomplish when we put out heads together instead of butting each other with them.

DUH.

I see your confusion, you can't read.

I combined the post where Statist posted a picture of a fat woman as an insult with this post.

Except real debate is not supposed to be about starting a fight, and it is not supposed to be about demonizing a person, it's supposed to be about vigorously defending your ideas/ideals by applying logic and at the same time, deconstructing the ideas/ ideals of your opponent by using logic as well.

Two great debators should be able to shake hands before and after a really rough and rugged debate and not think ill of each other.

An opponent is not an enemy.

Making someone else the "demon" just because he does not share your ideology or culture is the cheap way out, imo. It requires the least energy of all. So, essentially, trolls are lazy asses.

Two posts, one poster.

You loose, again.

I "loose" huh?

Someone else asked me why I bother wasting time on your sorry ass. I told him I guess it's like the guy who watches the night sky for a lifetime hoping that one day he'll discover that new planet nobody ever saw before --- likewise I watch your abject denial of what's right in front of you, looking for that once-in-a-lifetime moment where you'll finally admit you fucked up. Just once.

Here's what you in reality combined. Roll tape.

I've been mulling over why some people give themselves permission to be complete asphedoras online, and further why it is expected that we should just tolerate it.

Or why we should have to read every post that flies, or else we "don't want to hear opposing opinions."

[MENTION=42649]Gracie[/MENTION] - I just found this.

Personally, I think the ignore function is a very good option for avoiding the trolls, white supremacists, and others who just generally live her to wreak havoc. But as stated in the first sentence, I am curious as to why any adult would use this place as where they go to take a verbal dump whenever they are in the mood.

Obviously, this isn't just happening here. It's a worldwide phenomenon of "Nobody knows who I am, so here's my ass." But shouldn't there be some button in their brain that says "Mentally healthy people don't act like this?" And that question would go double to anybody who claims to be a follower of any given spiritual belief system.

I guess the bottom line I would like to ask any trolls who are willing to be honest - what do you tell yourself that makes such antisocial behavior acceptable, in your mind.

Any educated guesses, links and/or articles from non-trolls are welcome as well.

[MENTION=46168]Statistikhengst[/MENTION]
[MENTION=42916]Derideo_Te[/MENTION]

You meanie. You made me look up "asphedoras". I dropped into Google and Google sent me right back here. And to several other threads on other boards.

Next question: if you're asking trolls who are willing to be honest..... why was I invited? As a judge I presume...?

I suspect it's simply people getting carried away with emotions. That's like a drug that clouds everything else. You can't have a rational thought when you're drowning in anger.

Having said that I'd like to find a way to use asphedoras in a sentence...

"Harry Truman is a haberdasher. He asphedoras."

:dunno:

Ahem.

An Asphedoras is a prehistoric creature, one of the ugliest that ever existed. It looked like an anatomical inversion, where it's ass what where it's face was supposed to be.

Word has it that Asphedorii stank so bad that even the biggest of Dinos gave them a wide berth.

[image snipped as irrelevant]

Some claim that a couple of Asphedorii survived, as Neo-Asphorites, but this is not yet confirmed. Some sightings have been claimed to be made:

[image snipped as irrelevant]

But as I said, this has not yet been confirmed.

Others claim that Asphedora is actually an herb that causes anal warts.

Take yer pick.

:D

You argue that we should never attack people, then use a picture of a real person simply to make a stupid joke. Do uyou see why I refuse to let you dictate how I talk to the scumbags that demand something from me they don't give to others?

In case you missed it, I just called you a scumbag.

In slo-mo:
You argue that we should never attack people (<< refers to Boop, "vehicle number one"), then use a picture of a real person simply to make a stupid joke (<< refers to Stats, "vehicle number two").

Two posters. Count 'em: Boop (one) Stats (two).

Next thread: how some wags rationalize denial of what's sitting right on the page in front of their own nose. Denial is the first building block of dishonesty. In that I have to consider Quantum Denialbag a Master Mason.

Last edited:

Actually, jerk wad, I'm not, because I don't claim that using a personal attack means you are losing the argument.

You don't, huh?
You resorted to a personal attack, I must have won.

If you actually learn how to parse a sentence you will understand that the fact that I am mocking that position, and still insulting the idiots, does not imply that I lost. It just proves I am consistently an asshole, even when I am right.

Can't argue with the end point, but I didn't say you "lost"... I said you're wasting everybody's time by making points that you know damn well have no chance of sticking to anything.

Being wrong can be explained, even forgiven. Wasting everybody's time just to accrue fifty thousand posts... not so much.

Last edited:

Actually, jerk wad, I'm not, because I don't claim that using a personal attack means you are losing the argument.

You don't, huh?
You resorted to a personal attack, I must have won.

If you actually learn how to parse a sentence you will understand that the fact that I am mocking that position, and still insulting the idiots, does not imply that I lost. It just proves I am consistently an asshole, even when I am right.

Can't argue with the end point, but I didn't say you "lost"... I said you're wasting everybody's time by making points that you know damn well have no chance of sticking to anything.

Being wrong can be explained, even forgiven. Wasting everybody's time just to accrue fifty thousand posts... not so much.

Wow! I cannot believe I mocked people who claim that personal attacks against them mean they are winning the debate by claiming victory when they didn't attack me.

Ever get tired of denying you said something you said? Because I foresee you doing it very soon.

Forum List

Back