Both sides of the coin

I'm here for entertainment purposes only.

I don't take anyone here seriously.

I don't divulge to much information about myself as there are some real nut jobs with serious mental issues posting.

The racists on this board are just plain nuts. Those that believe in conspiracies, are also out of touch with reality. There are extremist left and right that are a little off.

Then you have people that post 40 plus posts a day...they got issues.

So I say my peace, stay away from personal stuff.

You aren't here for validation? How could you?

When the nuts start validation my opinion? Then I will really worry. :)

That is a scary thought, isn't it?

Which is fine and most are in agreement but how to transcribe these Kumbaya moments into political reality when confronted with the mentality exhibited in post #65?

There will always be those who are gullible and those who will exploit them. We the People have an obligation to hold the exploiters accountable. Right now that isn't even a remote possibility. However a society that recognizes this as a problem could find a solution. We are generations away from that happening but I do have hope for future generations.

Inflating your own self worth, liberals make me laugh.

It would be funnier if it wasn't so predictable.

Excellent post, and bears repeating. I think many on this board are "labeled onto a side, and treated accordingly." I rather hate that.

I'm sure I am seen as a hard line conservative. and I am very conservative in many aspects. funny thing is I am a registered democrat and probably very liberal in many aspects. I'm not against gay rights, gay marriage. But I don't go with the common flow that we need to pass more laws giving gays equal rights. I think what we need to do is remove the existing laws on the books that deny them those rights. Government has no business making decisions on people personal lives. I'm not opposed to giving aid and personal assistance. I just don't believe our current entitlement programs do that. in fact I think they do more to oppress and keep people down. and I think that is evidenced by the fact that generation after generation continue to depend on them. when you take personal responsibility and the need to succeed on your own away from people they become complacent. an objective has to be established as the end game. whether that is an education, job specific training, participating in volunteer programs that provide a service to society. it can't continue to be, collect your pay check week after week with no expectation of return. I guess I'm more of a constitutionalist. I think the basic tenants needed to guide our society are there. they don't need constant reinterpretation. all our reinterpretation of the ever does is put a limitation on a segment of society.

I personally believe partisan politics is a deliberate attempt to keep the public divided. no matter what side of the fence you tend to lean towards, no one is really all left on every issue, or all right. but we have become so polarized, we actually start to think that way. talk that way and eventually act that way. and what happens? in the end, we all lose.

We continue on a downhill slide no matter who is in charge. in every situation there is a winner and a loser. who wins? Politicians. Corporations, The rich get richer. Special interests. who loses? well the poor are still poor. no matter what entitlements they get, they are still poor, and, they continue to fall further and further behind in an ever more competitive global environment. the average American citizen. more and more of us are joining the ranks of the dependent. we have less disposable capital. retirement ages get pushed back. retirement for many becomes subsistence living. we become less content and satisfied with our lives. we are constantly at each others throats. we take pleasure in putting someone else down. for any of us who our middle age to in our senior years, we see how much this has changed in the last few decades.

no we aren't on the right track because we are no longer out for mankind. we are out for ourselves and we are out for our agendas. we no longer live and let live, we no longer tolerate. we can't accept that others are different from us and just let them live their lives as they want. Man, we really have to get back to that.

I would vote for you for President.

Seriously, I would. In a heartbeat.

my philosophy on life is best reflected in a line from a movie. Do your own thing in your own time. and I expect others will do theirs. and my hat is off to them for doing it.

the biggest problem we have today is a lack of respect and common courtesy. but we are not void of it. because it is amazing how quickly you can see it come out in people in times of crisis or emergency.

Excellent post, and bears repeating. I think many on this board are "labeled onto a side, and treated accordingly." I rather hate that.

I'm sure I am seen as a hard line conservative. and I am very conservative in many aspects. funny thing is I am a registered democrat and probably very liberal in many aspects. I'm not against gay rights, gay marriage. But I don't go with the common flow that we need to pass more laws giving gays equal rights. I think what we need to do is remove the existing laws on the books that deny them those rights. Government has no business making decisions on people personal lives. I'm not opposed to giving aid and personal assistance. I just don't believe our current entitlement programs do that. in fact I think they do more to oppress and keep people down. and I think that is evidenced by the fact that generation after generation continue to depend on them. when you take personal responsibility and the need to succeed on your own away from people they become complacent. an objective has to be established as the end game. whether that is an education, job specific training, participating in volunteer programs that provide a service to society. it can't continue to be, collect your pay check week after week with no expectation of return. I guess I'm more of a constitutionalist. I think the basic tenants needed to guide our society are there. they don't need constant reinterpretation. all our reinterpretation of the ever does is put a limitation on a segment of society.

I personally believe partisan politics is a deliberate attempt to keep the public divided. no matter what side of the fence you tend to lean towards, no one is really all left on every issue, or all right. but we have become so polarized, we actually start to think that way. talk that way and eventually act that way. and what happens? in the end, we all lose.

We continue on a downhill slide no matter who is in charge. in every situation there is a winner and a loser. who wins? Politicians. Corporations, The rich get richer. Special interests. who loses? well the poor are still poor. no matter what entitlements they get, they are still poor, and, they continue to fall further and further behind in an ever more competitive global environment. the average American citizen. more and more of us are joining the ranks of the dependent. we have less disposable capital. retirement ages get pushed back. retirement for many becomes subsistence living. we become less content and satisfied with our lives. we are constantly at each others throats. we take pleasure in putting someone else down. for any of us who our middle age to in our senior years, we see how much this has changed in the last few decades.

no we aren't on the right track because we are no longer out for mankind. we are out for ourselves and we are out for our agendas. we no longer live and let live, we no longer tolerate. we can't accept that others are different from us and just let them live their lives as they want. Man, we really have to get back to that.

Exactly, and very well-written, might I add.

Have you ever heard of ted-x? I'll bring more info once I am resituated.

ted x as is event coordination and concept presentation?

I believe so?

Created in the spirit of TED’s mission, “ideas worth spreading,” the TEDx program is designed to give communities, organizations and individuals the opportunity to stimulate dialogue through TED-like experiences at the local level. TEDx events are fully planned and coordinated independently, on a community-by-community basis.

http://www.ted.com/pages/about

TED is a nonprofit devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. It started out in 1984 as a conference bringing together people from three worlds: Technology, Entertainment, Design. Since then its scope has become ever broader. Along with two annual conferences -- the TED Conference and TEDGlobal -- TED includes the award-winning TED Talks video site, the Open Translation Project and TED Conversations, the inspiring TED Fellows and TEDx programs, and the annual TED Prize.

TED conferences bring together the world's most fascinating thinkers and doers, who are challenged to give the talk of their lives (in 18 minutes or less).
On TED.com, we make the best talks and performances from TED and partners available to the world, for free. More than 1500 TED Talks are now available, with more added each week. All of the talks are subtitled in English, and many in other languages, too. These videos are released under a Creative Commons BY-NC-ND license, so they can be freely shared and reposted.

I believe so?

Created in the spirit of TED’s mission, “ideas worth spreading,” the TEDx program is designed to give communities, organizations and individuals the opportunity to stimulate dialogue through TED-like experiences at the local level. TEDx events are fully planned and coordinated independently, on a community-by-community basis.

About TED

TED is a nonprofit devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. It started out in 1984 as a conference bringing together people from three worlds: Technology, Entertainment, Design. Since then its scope has become ever broader. Along with two annual conferences -- the TED Conference and TEDGlobal -- TED includes the award-winning TED Talks video site, the Open Translation Project and TED Conversations, the inspiring TED Fellows and TEDx programs, and the annual TED Prize.

TED conferences bring together the world's most fascinating thinkers and doers, who are challenged to give the talk of their lives (in 18 minutes or less).
On TED.com, we make the best talks and performances from TED and partners available to the world, for free. More than 1500 TED Talks are now available, with more added each week. All of the talks are subtitled in English, and many in other languages, too. These videos are released under a Creative Commons BY-NC-ND license, so they can be freely shared and reposted.

yea, that is the group I was thinking of. I've never experienced any of their functions but I have heard about them

Politeness is not Political Correctness. Understand this and your posts will be worth reading. You appear to value reason over emotion. Good! Abuse is occasioned by emotion and will not be resorted to by the reasonable.

I have been posting on various boards since the 90's.......During that time I've played nice and Polite all the time.....................

However, when they call us Anarchists for our opinions, Nazi's and the like which is done all the time I have no REASON to PLAY NICE.................

I ditch PC...............To me it is utter BS..........I can be polite, and often I am just as I can throw mud with the best of them............

These LIBS always say WE NEED TO COMPROMISE WITH THEM..............aka Do as I say and OBEY.........Get to the back of the bus........ignore our facts and REASON all the time..........and when we refuse to OBEY they simply LIE and call us names..............

They have refused to cut ANYTHING EXCEPT Sequster which was an Obama plan.........and then cry like babies about a 1% cut as they increase the size of Gov't.

That isn't compromise...........It isn't compromise when they purposely ignore the Damage done by Obamacare, and the Debt problem..............

They can spare me the Faux Outrage on this issue...........When they finally come to the table with REASONABLE approaches to BIG GOV'T, then we can talk.......Until then THEY CAN GO TO HELL...........

That's the deal..............

Anyone who doesn't like it can iggy me, or simply choose not to engage..........But should they decide to engage, I will not back down on my principles..........And when they call me Anarchist and a Nazi..................they will get it back from me.

So your position about "BIG GOV'T" is 100% correct and everyone else can "CAN GO TO HELL" until they are willing to "compromise" by agreeing with you?

Do you have any idea how that sounds to normal, sane, reasonable people?

Blacksand is right that we cannot control how others will perceive what we post.

So the onus is on US to make sure that we express ourselves as clearly and concisely as possible. Something that is virtually impossible to do when the vocabulary range is restricted to vulgarities.

So let's try a little experiment here.

Your position is that "BIG GOV'T" is the problem. You want to downsize the government. Exactly how small do want to make it? Are you with Grover Norquist who wants to make it small enough to drown in a bathtub? Put something on the table and say exactly how small you want it to be by stipulating exactly what you will eliminate and justify how those services will be provided to We the People once they are no longer part of this "SMALL GOV'T" that you insist is the only alternative. But have you done that? Is there actually a feasible and viable "SMALL GOV'T" alternative that caters for all of the existing programs and services and ensures that We the People will not suffer any short or long term harm from your "SMALL GOV'T"? So far I have never seen any such proposal. All I have seen is a whole heap of blame piled upon "BIG GOV'T" opponents but nothing in the way of realistic alternatives.​

So what are the results of that little experiment?

1. There is no viable "SMALL GOV'T" alternative.
2. Since there is viable alternative there can never be a "SMALL GOV'T" solution.
3. The whole concept is nothing more than a way to rile people up and get them angry for partisan political purposes.
4. Your anger and rage is being used by the powers that be to turn you against your fellow Americans.​

To summarize, your excuse for using vulgarities is that you are standing on an untenable position and you blame everyone else for not drinking the same Koolaid.

So ask yourself if you continue to stick to your extreme position are you ever going to get what you want? Or would you be better off at least getting at least some of what you want if you cannot get all of it?

LOL

Typical from a party that doesn't want to cut a damned thing..............Offer after offer after offer has been suggested by the GOP to Cut the Gov't..............All basically refused by the Dems, without any solution other than taxes............The GOP finally got a 1% cut called Sequester, which was proposed by your side and then later blamed the GOP for doing it............

At the mention of any cuts, your side screams, bitches, and moans..........And now you even want to spend more.................Without any solutions for cutting the budget.........

How about starting WITH NO NEW ENTITLEMENT SPENDING.........Freeze it..........

How about NO MORE EARMARKS, aka bribes, added to bills..............

How about your SIDE FINALLY OFFERING A REASONABLE solution to CUT SPENDING instead of repeatedly asking for more...............

And if you ask for more, how about you find other cuts to pay for the dang thing.......

Face it, your side only wants more Gov't.........So any cut would be extreme to you people.

We currently pay over 400 BILLION a year on Interest payments...............

We are projected to pay around 800 BILLION by the year 2020 on interest payments alone.........

Deficits will rise by around 500 a BILLION DURING THAT TIME to over a Trillion by 2020, due to mandatory spending..............

Those are the facts of the situation we are facing.........Liberals don't like FACTS...........And refuse to do a thing about it............As they expand programs.......................

Reason, Logic on your side of the equation is utterly STUPID........

As far as the PC, when you are told you must be polite all the time you are actually talking about it.

Now to be polite.........

Would you pretty please stop growing Gov't and adding more programs.............

That's my polite version, and your side doesn't care by it's own policies............

Government - Interest Expense on the Debt Outstanding

http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/attachments/43907-BudgetOutlook.pdf

 Net interest is currently equal to 1.4 percent of GDP,
but, in CBO’s baseline, rising interest rates push that
total to 3.3 percent of GDP in 2023.

Projection to more than double the interest payments by 2023........

There is another report saying 798 BILLION by 2020...........But the above data is sufficient.........

Which part of this reality don't you people understand...................

Honestly ... No Offense Gracie ... You have a good heart, as well as Boop 85% of the time and almost always Cabbie.
It is just that somehow people think sugar-coating the ill things they say and feel towards others somehow makes it different than what they mean ... It doesn't.

If someone wants to be ugly ... It doesn't matter what their intentions are or how they say it ... They are still being ugly.
The only thing that is really different is that they are being ugly and self-righteous at the same time.

If you want to start a fight ... Expect to get hit ... And don't cry when you do.

Except real debate is not supposed to be about starting a fight, and it is not supposed to be about demonizing a person, it's supposed to be about vigorously defending your ideas/ideals by applying logic and at the same time, deconstructing the ideas/ ideals of your opponent by using logic as well.

Two great debators should be able to shake hands before and after a really rough and rugged debate and not think ill of each other.

An opponent is not an enemy.

Making someone else the "demon" just because he does not share your ideology or culture is the cheap way out, imo. It requires the least energy of all. So, essentially, trolls are lazy asses.

For instance, Tank wrote this:

You have reality on ignore

Instead of attacking the idea, he attacked the person. That is the cheap way out. And notice the Nazi who thanked him for his input. That speaks volumes.

Hey, [MENTION=18975]Tank[/MENTION], instead of attacking a person, why not bring some information to the table?

To HELL with Political Correctness.............When Ideals are so opposite, there is WAR........And in a War of words there will be mean things said and mud slinging. It's the nature of the beast..............

There is a divide in this country...........A line in the sand of opposing positions....Both sides dedicated to their core principles............In the fight, feelings will get hurt and words will be said...............

Tank's comments aren't wrong..........He believes that the Liberal mindset escapes REALITY...........and I agree....................

Should PC demand that he shouldn't say that.........It is his opinion, and I agree.........I post based on beliefs, REALITY, logic, and Reason..............NOT EMOTION...........and thus the divide............

Liberals want conservatives to respect what they have to say, do what they want them to do, shut up, then die.

They don't want too much. :lol:

Except real debate is not supposed to be about starting a fight, and it is not supposed to be about demonizing a person, it's supposed to be about vigorously defending your ideas/ideals by applying logic and at the same time, deconstructing the ideas/ ideals of your opponent by using logic as well.

Two great debators should be able to shake hands before and after a really rough and rugged debate and not think ill of each other.

An opponent is not an enemy.

Making someone else the "demon" just because he does not share your ideology or culture is the cheap way out, imo. It requires the least energy of all. So, essentially, trolls are lazy asses.

For instance, Tank wrote this:

Instead of attacking the idea, he attacked the person. That is the cheap way out. And notice the Nazi who thanked him for his input. That speaks volumes.

Hey, [MENTION=18975]Tank[/MENTION], instead of attacking a person, why not bring some information to the table?

To HELL with Political Correctness.............When Ideals are so opposite, there is WAR........And in a War of words there will be mean things said and mud slinging. It's the nature of the beast..............

There is a divide in this country...........A line in the sand of opposing positions....Both sides dedicated to their core principles............In the fight, feelings will get hurt and words will be said...............

Tank's comments aren't wrong..........He believes that the Liberal mindset escapes REALITY...........and I agree....................

Should PC demand that he shouldn't say that.........It is his opinion, and I agree.........I post based on beliefs, REALITY, logic, and Reason..............NOT EMOTION...........and thus the divide............

Liberals want conservatives to respect what they have to say, do what they want them to do, shut up, then die.

They don't want too much. :lol:

It's only respectful if we agree with them.............

It's only a Fact if it proves their opinion.

If they can't disprove the fact, they ignore it or change the subject........

It's just what they do........And when it gets ugly, as it tends to do they DEMAND we are polite about our differences.

Why should I be polite and politically Correct when called all the names these so called Polite posters say all the time........I will make one exception, and that is Boop is usually polite.

Four more posts by !!!! ALL CAPS .... etc. No. You can play the shame/blame game in isolation, home skillet.

So, if I put a post in CAPS on LARGE NUMBERS of INTEREST ON THE DEBT, I'm not being polite.........

Perhaps if I explained it like this...............................

800 BILLION IN INTEREST ON THE DEBT BY 2020

it might sink into your head that we are headed in the wrong direction.........

All you can comment on is the Caps and not the debt as posted backed up by the debt to the penny, and CBO projections.............

When will the debt be high enough for you to understand that we have got to reverse course on it.....................

Veritable shit-ton of deflection and side-stepping.

That's okay, I can wait.

I'm sorry I took your false accusation of a banable offense so personally, and sought retribution by pointing out various logical fallacies in your thought process.

I convinced myself that, having the moral high ground, I had the right to say anything to you.

It was only after revisiting a certain thread a few days later, and rereading my post to you, that I realized how far I had far overstepped the bounds of civility.

The edit/ delete button long gone, the post will not only instantly identify me as a hypocrite, should I ever speak of someone else's character, but will also forever speak to me as a tell-tale heart.

I do apologize.

Last edited:

We are projected to pay around 800 BILLION by the year 2020 on interest payments alone.........

Deficits will rise by around 500 a BILLION DURING THAT TIME to over a Trillion by 2020, due to mandatory spending..............

Those are the facts of the situation we are facing.........Liberals don't like FACTS...........And refuse to do a thing about it............As they expand programs.......................

As far as the PC, when you are told you must be polite all the time you are actually talking about it.

Sounds to me like we need to tax the rich at an appropriate rate and stop bleeding out half a trillion a year in trade deficits.

Sounds to me like we need to tax the rich at an appropriate rate and stop bleeding out half a trillion a year in trade deficits.

What a lovely thought.

I have been posting on various boards since the 90's.......During that time I've played nice and Polite all the time.....................

However, when they call us Anarchists for our opinions, Nazi's and the like which is done all the time I have no REASON to PLAY NICE.................

I ditch PC...............To me it is utter BS..........I can be polite, and often I am just as I can throw mud with the best of them............

These LIBS always say WE NEED TO COMPROMISE WITH THEM..............aka Do as I say and OBEY.........Get to the back of the bus........ignore our facts and REASON all the time..........and when we refuse to OBEY they simply LIE and call us names..............

They have refused to cut ANYTHING EXCEPT Sequster which was an Obama plan.........and then cry like babies about a 1% cut as they increase the size of Gov't.

That isn't compromise...........It isn't compromise when they purposely ignore the Damage done by Obamacare, and the Debt problem..............

They can spare me the Faux Outrage on this issue...........When they finally come to the table with REASONABLE approaches to BIG GOV'T, then we can talk.......Until then THEY CAN GO TO HELL...........

That's the deal..............

Anyone who doesn't like it can iggy me, or simply choose not to engage..........But should they decide to engage, I will not back down on my principles..........And when they call me Anarchist and a Nazi..................they will get it back from me.

So your position about "BIG GOV'T" is 100% correct and everyone else can "CAN GO TO HELL" until they are willing to "compromise" by agreeing with you?

Do you have any idea how that sounds to normal, sane, reasonable people?

Blacksand is right that we cannot control how others will perceive what we post.

So the onus is on US to make sure that we express ourselves as clearly and concisely as possible. Something that is virtually impossible to do when the vocabulary range is restricted to vulgarities.

So let's try a little experiment here.

Your position is that "BIG GOV'T" is the problem. You want to downsize the government. Exactly how small do want to make it? Are you with Grover Norquist who wants to make it small enough to drown in a bathtub? Put something on the table and say exactly how small you want it to be by stipulating exactly what you will eliminate and justify how those services will be provided to We the People once they are no longer part of this "SMALL GOV'T" that you insist is the only alternative. But have you done that? Is there actually a feasible and viable "SMALL GOV'T" alternative that caters for all of the existing programs and services and ensures that We the People will not suffer any short or long term harm from your "SMALL GOV'T"? So far I have never seen any such proposal. All I have seen is a whole heap of blame piled upon "BIG GOV'T" opponents but nothing in the way of realistic alternatives.​

So what are the results of that little experiment?

1. There is no viable "SMALL GOV'T" alternative.
2. Since there is viable alternative there can never be a "SMALL GOV'T" solution.
3. The whole concept is nothing more than a way to rile people up and get them angry for partisan political purposes.
4. Your anger and rage is being used by the powers that be to turn you against your fellow Americans.​

To summarize, your excuse for using vulgarities is that you are standing on an untenable position and you blame everyone else for not drinking the same Koolaid.

So ask yourself if you continue to stick to your extreme position are you ever going to get what you want? Or would you be better off at least getting at least some of what you want if you cannot get all of it?

LOL

Typical from a party that doesn't want to cut a damned thing..............Offer after offer after offer has been suggested by the GOP to Cut the Gov't..............All basically refused by the Dems, without any solution other than taxes............The GOP finally got a 1% cut called Sequester, which was proposed by your side and then later blamed the GOP for doing it............

At the mention of any cuts, your side screams, bitches, and moans..........And now you even want to spend more.................Without any solutions for cutting the budget.........

How about starting WITH NO NEW ENTITLEMENT SPENDING.........Freeze it..........

How about NO MORE EARMARKS, aka bribes, added to bills..............

How about your SIDE FINALLY OFFERING A REASONABLE solution to CUT SPENDING instead of repeatedly asking for more...............

And if you ask for more, how about you find other cuts to pay for the dang thing.......

Face it, your side only wants more Gov't.........So any cut would be extreme to you people.

Thank you for conceding that you don't have any "SMALL GOV'T" alternative solution. Your subsequent rantings will be treated accordingly.

Rantings! Exactly! I think there's something in the Bible about suffering with an ill-tempered woman. Seriously, who can tolerate that for any length of time?? I swear I have an off switch for people who appear to continually be on the verge of a complete meltdown. My assumption (based on their posts) is that foaming at the mouth is involved. If we were in the same household, I'd probably take refuge in a bottle.

And I should read their posts? I think not.

Okay - so this isn't about politics, but it is about paradigm shifts. In this case, as it applies to education and creativity.

Give him a listen, let me know what you think.

He is right that there is more than one kind of intelligence and schools are not good at recognizing them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back