Both sides of the coin

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
I've been mulling over why some people give themselves permission to be complete asphedoras online, and further why it is expected that we should just tolerate it.

Or why we should have to read every post that flies, or else we "don't want to hear opposing opinions."

[MENTION=42649]Gracie[/MENTION] - I just found this.

Personally, I think the ignore function is a very good option for avoiding the trolls, white supremacists, and others who just generally live her to wreak havoc. But as stated in the first sentence, I am curious as to why any adult would use this place as where they go to take a verbal dump whenever they are in the mood.

Obviously, this isn't just happening here. It's a worldwide phenomenon of "Nobody knows who I am, so here's my ass." But shouldn't there be some button in their brain that says "Mentally healthy people don't act like this?" And that question would go double to anybody who claims to be a follower of any given spiritual belief system.

I guess the bottom line I would like to ask any trolls who are willing to be honest - what do you tell yourself that makes such antisocial behavior acceptable, in your mind.

Any educated guesses, links and/or articles from non-trolls are welcome as well.

[MENTION=46168]Statistikhengst[/MENTION]
[MENTION=42916]Derideo_Te[/MENTION]

I can't see those who are negative...I am following other wise leads from friends that it just isn't worth reading it and to use the ignore feature. I must say, it DOES make this place more pleasant. Unfortunately, not so much when someone quotes the ones I have on ignore. Then I get "blessed" with their idiocy thinking I live and breathe to see their filth when in fact..I don't see it at all unless it is quoted. For some to think they are mighty intelligent...they show themselves to be pretty stupid. :lol:

I come here for entertainment, to learn differing views, to laugh. I don't come here to be mocked, made fun of, insulted, accused of being a liar/stalker/insertnamehere, nor do I come to be forced to go with opinions not my own just to be in the "in crowd"...whatever the "in crowd" is. I also am not here to be laughed AT but laughed WITH.

I don't "get" why some folks are so damn vicious. For what? Do they feel so insecure themselves they might feel "bigger", they have to stomp someone else? Probably so. Which says a helluvalot more about them than it does the one they are doing it to.

I have two words for such shenanigans:

Fuck 'em.

Last edited:
fa44dbeaab71bf96ed2322236a78baf4.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox
I've been mulling over why some people give themselves permission to be complete asphedoras online, and further why it is expected that we should just tolerate it.

Or why we should have to read every post that flies, or else we "don't want to hear opposing opinions."

@Gracie - I just found this.

Personally, I think the ignore function is a very good option for avoiding the trolls, white supremacists, and others who just generally live her to wreak havoc. But as stated in the first sentence, I am curious as to why any adult would use this place as where they go to take a verbal dump whenever they are in the mood.

Obviously, this isn't just happening here. It's a worldwide phenomenon of "Nobody knows who I am, so here's my ass." But shouldn't there be some button in their brain that says "Mentally healthy people don't act like this?" And that question would go double to anybody who claims to be a follower of any given spiritual belief system.

I guess the bottom line I would like to ask any trolls who are willing to be honest - what do you tell yourself that makes such antisocial behavior acceptable, in your mind.

Any educated guesses, links and/or articles from non-trolls are welcome as well.

@Statistikhengst
@Derideo_Te

You don't have to tolerate it, feel free to fight back.

You who, blacksand?

Honestly ... No Offense Gracie ... You have a good heart, as well as Boop 85% of the time and almost always Cabbie.
It is just that somehow people think sugar-coating the ill things they say and feel towards others somehow makes it different than what they mean ... It doesn't.

If someone wants to be ugly ... It doesn't matter what their intentions are or how they say it ... They are still being ugly.
The only thing that is really different is that they are being ugly and self-righteous at the same time.

If you want to start a fight ... Expect to get hit ... And don't cry when you do.

You who, blacksand?

Honestly ... No Offense Gracie ... You have a good heart, as well as Boop 85% of the time and almost always Cabbie.
It is just that somehow people think sugar-coating the ill things they say and feel towards others somehow makes it different than what they mean ... It doesn't.

If someone wants to be ugly ... It doesn't matter what their intentions are or how they say it ... They are still being ugly.
The only thing that is really different is that they are being ugly and self-righteous at the same time.

If you want to start a fight ... Expect to get hit ... And don't cry when you do.

Bingo

Thanks for the explanation. I just don't know how to say it any different than I have been. Life is already full of negative people. When I am online, i want to be around those that are enjoyable. Can I get mean and hateful? Of course. Do I WANT to? No. But I don't go out of my way to attack someone out of the blue.
I decided to use the ignore feature for a reason. I'm tired of carrying the pooper scooper so I don't step in poo. So...I put on my shoes and stick to the sidewalk because most poo is on the lawn.

Also...I know now why Boop posted this and brought my name into it. It is a personal matter I will not discuss. It really wasn't about USMB at all, or the people here. It was somewhere else.

Sometimes I am slow. I got it now. lol.

Also...I know now why Boop posted this and brought my name into it. It is a personal matter I will not discuss. It really wasn't about USMB at all, or the people here. It was somewhere else.

Sometimes I am slow. I got it now. lol.

Gracie, if that were the case I would have PM'd or emailed you.

Am I having another DUH moment? Sorry.:redface:

Ok and alrighty then. I will stick with my "fuck 'em" and devil take the hindmost.

Did I just give away my age again with that last part?:lol:

Forum List

Back