Both sides of the coin

Does foul language fucking hurt your immature ego? Do you define yourself by how other assholes talk? Doesn't that indicate how stupid and dependent you are?

That proves that you have a problem, I suggest you find someone to slap your fact until you grow up.

The think that is so fucked up is when fucked-up fuckers can use "fuck" as a fucking noun, a fucking adjective, three-times over fucking verbs, the occasional fucking adverb and then they, those motherfucking fucked-up fuck-ups, wondering why the the fucking world that no fucking motherfuckers ever fucking listen to them.

Fuck. That is just plain old fucked-up. F. U. C. K. E. D. U. P.

Ergo, you are just plain old fucked-up. F. U. C. K. E. D. U. P.

You resorted to a personal attack, I must have won.

Really? I didn't see your name anywhere in my posting. Are you using a super-duper extra special decoder ring, maybe?

But in one way, you have indeed won, but only temporarily. With such vulgar postings, you have gotten attention for yourself. But that is about to change, right now..... ciao!!!

polarization has set in. and is going to be something that is real hard to break. the real problem is politicians no longer have minds for themselves. in Washington, you either tow the party line or you are out. Not every democrat believes in gun control and not every republican believes in preventing gay marriage. but the problem is partisan politics force politicians to support the party line. and that is what leads to the public galvanizing to the right or left. as soon as an issue you are very passionate about becomes a topic of discussion you are pushed to either the right or left, because you know one part is going to fully support you or oppose you. There is no middle ground

Excellent post, and bears repeating. I think many on this board are "labeled onto a side, and treated accordingly." I rather hate that.

Which is fine and most are in agreement but how to transcribe these Kumbaya moments into political reality when confronted with the mentality exhibited in post #65?

There will always be those who are gullible and those who will exploit them. We the People have an obligation to hold the exploiters accountable. Right now that isn't even a remote possibility. However a society that recognizes this as a problem could find a solution. We are generations away from that happening but I do have hope for future generations.

Excellent post, and bears repeating. I think many on this board are "labeled onto a side, and treated accordingly." I rather hate that.

Which is fine and most are in agreement but how to transcribe these Kumbaya moments into political reality when confronted with the mentality exhibited in post #65?

There will always be those who are gullible and those who will exploit them. We the People have an obligation to hold the exploiters accountable. Right now that isn't even a remote possibility. However a society that recognizes this as a problem could find a solution. We are generations away from that happening but I do have hope for future generations.

Agreed.

It’s unfortunate, however, how particular classes of Americans, such as gay Americans, must continue to sustain discrimination where the only ‘remedy’ is to wait for those who live lives of ignorance and hate to die off.

A Constitutional right delayed is a right denied, where gay Americans living today are entitled to their civil liberties now.

Excellent points!! What is to be gained by keeping us at each other's throats? Then we won't be looking at what is actually happening with the man behind the curtain. We won't be holding Washington responsible, and they can quite literally get away with murder while aiming us at each other.

polarization has set in. and is going to be something that is real hard to break. the real problem is politicians no longer have minds for themselves. in Washington, you either tow the party line or you are out. Not every democrat believes in gun control and not every republican believes in preventing gay marriage. but the problem is partisan politics force politicians to support the party line. and that is what leads to the public galvanizing to the right or left. as soon as an issue you are very passionate about becomes a topic of discussion you are pushed to either the right or left, because you know one part is going to fully support you or oppose you. There is no middle ground

I'm sure I am seen as a hard line conservative. and I am very conservative in many aspects. funny thing is I am a registered democrat and probably very liberal in many aspects. I'm not against gay rights, gay marriage. But I don't go with the common flow that we need to pass more laws giving gays equal rights. I think what we need to do is remove the existing laws on the books that deny them those rights. Government has no business making decisions on people personal lives. I'm not opposed to giving aid and personal assistance. I just don't believe our current entitlement programs do that. in fact I think they do more to oppress and keep people down. and I think that is evidenced by the fact that generation after generation continue to depend on them. when you take personal responsibility and the need to succeed on your own away from people they become complacent. an objective has to be established as the end game. whether that is an education, job specific training, participating in volunteer programs that provide a service to society. it can't continue to be, collect your pay check week after week with no expectation of return. I guess I'm more of a constitutionalist. I think the basic tenants needed to guide our society are there. they don't need constant reinterpretation. all our reinterpretation of the ever does is put a limitation on a segment of society.

I personally believe partisan politics is a deliberate attempt to keep the public divided. no matter what side of the fence you tend to lean towards, no one is really all left on every issue, or all right. but we have become so polarized, we actually start to think that way. talk that way and eventually act that way. and what happens? in the end, we all lose.

We continue on a downhill slide no matter who is in charge. in every situation there is a winner and a loser. who wins? Politicians. Corporations, The rich get richer. Special interests. who loses? well the poor are still poor. no matter what entitlements they get, they are still poor, and, they continue to fall further and further behind in an ever more competitive global environment. the average American citizen. more and more of us are joining the ranks of the dependent. we have less disposable capital. retirement ages get pushed back. retirement for many becomes subsistence living. we become less content and satisfied with our lives. we are constantly at each others throats. we take pleasure in putting someone else down. for any of us who our middle age to in our senior years, we see how much this has changed in the last few decades.

no we aren't on the right track because we are no longer out for mankind. we are out for ourselves and we are out for our agendas. we no longer live and let live, we no longer tolerate. we can't accept that others are different from us and just let them live their lives as they want. Man, we really have to get back to that.

I'm sure I am seen as a hard line conservative. and I am very conservative in many aspects. funny thing is I am a registered democrat and probably very liberal in many aspects. I'm not against gay rights, gay marriage. But I don't go with the common flow that we need to pass more laws giving gays equal rights. I think what we need to do is remove the existing laws on the books that deny them those rights. Government has no business making decisions on people personal lives. I'm not opposed to giving aid and personal assistance. I just don't believe our current entitlement programs do that. in fact I think they do more to oppress and keep people down. and I think that is evidenced by the fact that generation after generation continue to depend on them. when you take personal responsibility and the need to succeed on your own away from people they become complacent. an objective has to be established as the end game. whether that is an education, job specific training, participating in volunteer programs that provide a service to society. it can't continue to be, collect your pay check week after week with no expectation of return. I guess I'm more of a constitutionalist. I think the basic tenants needed to guide our society are there. they don't need constant reinterpretation. all our reinterpretation of the ever does is put a limitation on a segment of society.

I personally believe partisan politics is a deliberate attempt to keep the public divided. no matter what side of the fence you tend to lean towards, no one is really all left on every issue, or all right. but we have become so polarized, we actually start to think that way. talk that way and eventually act that way. and what happens? in the end, we all lose.

We continue on a downhill slide no matter who is in charge. in every situation there is a winner and a loser. who wins? Politicians. Corporations, The rich get richer. Special interests. who loses? well the poor are still poor. no matter what entitlements they get, they are still poor, and, they continue to fall further and further behind in an ever more competitive global environment. the average American citizen. more and more of us are joining the ranks of the dependent. we have less disposable capital. retirement ages get pushed back. retirement for many becomes subsistence living. we become less content and satisfied with our lives. we are constantly at each others throats. we take pleasure in putting someone else down. for any of us who our middle age to in our senior years, we see how much this has changed in the last few decades.

no we aren't on the right track because we are no longer out for mankind. we are out for ourselves and we are out for our agendas. we no longer live and let live, we no longer tolerate. we can't accept that others are different from us and just let them live their lives as they want. Man, we really have to get back to that.

I would vote for you for President.

Seriously, I would. In a heartbeat.

we didn't get here over night. we won't get back to where we should be overnight either. I think the first step is we need to realize who the enemy really is, and it isn't each other.

that is exactly what went wrong with the peace and love movement of the 60's . people who believe in the purity of the ideals were easily exploited. trust but verify, let the buyer beware. it all comes back to personal responsibility. and people need to step up and take responsibility for their actions and decisions.

Exactly, and very well-written, might I add.

Have you ever heard of ted-x? I'll bring more info once I am resituated.

The problem is that so many of the people on the left who claim to be about "live and let live" really aren't about letting live at all. They're about telling other people how they must live, and taking their freedoms, their profits, and their land, in order to compel them to live that way.

Exactly, and very well-written, might I add.

Have you ever heard of ted-x? I'll bring more info once I am resituated.

Okay - so this isn't about politics, but it is about paradigm shifts. In this case, as it applies to education and creativity.

Give him a listen, let me know what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been mulling over why some people give themselves permission to be complete asphedoras online, and further why it is expected that we should just tolerate it.

Or why we should have to read every post that flies, or else we "don't want to hear opposing opinions."

@Gracie - I just found this.

Personally, I think the ignore function is a very good option for avoiding the trolls, white supremacists, and others who just generally live her to wreak havoc. But as stated in the first sentence, I am curious as to why any adult would use this place as where they go to take a verbal dump whenever they are in the mood.

Obviously, this isn't just happening here. It's a worldwide phenomenon of "Nobody knows who I am, so here's my ass." But shouldn't there be some button in their brain that says "Mentally healthy people don't act like this?" And that question would go double to anybody who claims to be a follower of any given spiritual belief system.

I guess the bottom line I would like to ask any trolls who are willing to be honest - what do you tell yourself that makes such antisocial behavior acceptable, in your mind.

Any educated guesses, links and/or articles from non-trolls are welcome as well.

@Statistikhengst
@Derideo_Te

@Quantum Windbag

You said the OP was partisan. This was news to me.

In what sense?

In the proper sense of the word.

adjective
adjective: partisan; adjective: partizan
prejudiced in favor of a particular cause.

The cause may be worthy, but partisanship is not restricted to political beliefs.

The think that is so fucked up is when fucked-up fuckers can use "fuck" as a fucking noun, a fucking adjective, three-times over fucking verbs, the occasional fucking adverb and then they, those motherfucking fucked-up fuck-ups, wondering why the the fucking world that no fucking motherfuckers ever fucking listen to them.

Fuck. That is just plain old fucked-up. F. U. C. K. E. D. U. P.

Ergo, you are just plain old fucked-up. F. U. C. K. E. D. U. P.

You resorted to a personal attack, I must have won.

Really? I didn't see your name anywhere in my posting. Are you using a super-duper extra special decoder ring, maybe?

But in one way, you have indeed won, but only temporarily. With such vulgar postings, you have gotten attention for yourself. But that is about to change, right now..... ciao!!!

Are you delusional? Did I say the attack was against me? The mere fact that you resorted to a tactic you claim means you have lost the debate, when I argue that it doesn't, means I won, even if the attack was against someone else.

If you need further evidence that you are wrong, look at who is thanking you.

Do you find it gratifying to be part of the "Moral Majority?"

Agreed.

It’s unfortunate, however, how particular classes of Americans, such as gay Americans, must continue to sustain discrimination where the only ‘remedy’ is to wait for those who live lives of ignorance and hate to die off.

A Constitutional right delayed is a right denied, where gay Americans living today are entitled to their civil liberties now.

Funny, I thought the unfortunate part of your post was you resorting to class warfare to score points.

And wouldn't it be swell if we could just have this talk, rather than degenerating into partisan bullshit?

Ta.

The OP started with partisan bullshit.

That said, I have made my point, and no one has actually delved into why I refuse to let self rightness asswipes control me.

Please note, you aren't one of the self righteous asswipes, so don't take my comment personally.

No. You quoted me asking that this thread not degenerate into partisan bullshit which was specifically political.

Your retort was "The OP started with partisan bullshit" - comparing mine to his.

Your argument is invalid.

I'm here for entertainment purposes only.

I don't take anyone here seriously.

I don't divulge to much information about myself as there are some real nut jobs with serious mental issues posting.

The racists on this board are just plain nuts. Those that believe in conspiracies, are also out of touch with reality. There are extremist left and right that are a little off.

Then you have people that post 40 plus posts a day...they got issues.

So I say my peace, stay away from personal stuff.

You aren't here for validation? How could you?

When the nuts start validation my opinion? Then I will really worry. :)

Inflating your own self worth, liberals make me laugh.

I'm here for entertainment purposes only.

I don't take anyone here seriously.

I don't divulge to much information about myself as there are some real nut jobs with serious mental issues posting.

The racists on this board are just plain nuts. Those that believe in conspiracies, are also out of touch with reality. There are extremist left and right that are a little off.

Then you have people that post 40 plus posts a day...they got issues.

So I say my peace, stay away from personal stuff.

You aren't here for validation? How could you?

When the nuts start validation my opinion? Then I will really worry. :)

You know, I think you have made some very good points in this thread. ;)

Immie

And wouldn't it be swell if we could just have this talk, rather than degenerating into partisan bullshit?

Ta.

The OP started with partisan bullshit.

That said, I have made my point, and no one has actually delved into why I refuse to let self rightness asswipes control me.

Please note, you aren't one of the self righteous asswipes, so don't take my comment personally.

No. You quoted me asking that this thread not degenerate into partisan bullshit which was specifically political.

Your retort was "The OP started with partisan bullshit" - comparing mine to his.

Your argument is invalid.

I don't recall your post mentioning politics. Not saying it didn't, just don't remember reading it that way. My intent was to poke a little at the idea that it is possible to not be biased about something you care about, not to call you out as a hypocrite. If you care, you are going to be partisan. The trick is remembering that, and being willing to admit you are wrong.

When you won't admit you are wrong that you become dogmatic. I try to avoid being trapped by not being wrong, but I heartily approve of being partisan.

That said, the OP was partisan bullshit because I disagree with the premise that it is some type of mental problem to be intolerable. Sorry, but that offends me. Not everything can be dismissed as a mental problem just because you don't like it, or understand it.

Forum List

Back