Both sides of the coin

If you're offering a suggestion paired with ad hominem, then that means you've shot your own suggestion in the foot, which means all you're doing is wasting everybody's time. Which as I've said before, goes hand in hand with your handle, probably the only honest thing you've ever posted on the internets at all.

Actually, jerk wad, I'm not, because I don't claim that using a personal attack means you are losing the argument.

You don't, huh?
You resorted to a personal attack, I must have won.

If you actually learn how to parse a sentence you will understand that the fact that I am mocking that position, and still insulting the idiots, does not imply that I lost. It just proves I am consistently an asshole, even when I am right.

Can't argue with the end point, but I didn't say you "lost"... I said you're wasting everybody's time by making points that you know damn well have no chance of sticking to anything.

Being wrong can be explained, even forgiven. Wasting everybody's time just to accrue fifty thousand posts... not so much.

Is QW's posting diarrhea a communicable disease or just a symptom of one his other cognitive shortcomings?

Actually, jerk wad, I'm not, because I don't claim that using a personal attack means you are losing the argument.

You don't, huh?

If you actually learn how to parse a sentence you will understand that the fact that I am mocking that position, and still insulting the idiots, does not imply that I lost. It just proves I am consistently an asshole, even when I am right.

Can't argue with the end point, but I didn't say you "lost"... I said you're wasting everybody's time by making points that you know damn well have no chance of sticking to anything.

Being wrong can be explained, even forgiven. Wasting everybody's time just to accrue fifty thousand posts... not so much.

Is QW's posting diarrhea a communicable disease or just a symptom of one his other cognitive shortcomings?

Is Derideo_Te's tactic of hiding behind other posters while attacking third parties a sign a maturity, or partisan douchebaggery?

Last edited:
So your position about "BIG GOV'T" is 100% correct and everyone else can "CAN GO TO HELL" until they are willing to "compromise" by agreeing with you?

Do you have any idea how that sounds to normal, sane, reasonable people?

Blacksand is right that we cannot control how others will perceive what we post.

So the onus is on US to make sure that we express ourselves as clearly and concisely as possible. Something that is virtually impossible to do when the vocabulary range is restricted to vulgarities.

So let's try a little experiment here.

Your position is that "BIG GOV'T" is the problem. You want to downsize the government. Exactly how small do want to make it? Are you with Grover Norquist who wants to make it small enough to drown in a bathtub? Put something on the table and say exactly how small you want it to be by stipulating exactly what you will eliminate and justify how those services will be provided to We the People once they are no longer part of this "SMALL GOV'T" that you insist is the only alternative. But have you done that? Is there actually a feasible and viable "SMALL GOV'T" alternative that caters for all of the existing programs and services and ensures that We the People will not suffer any short or long term harm from your "SMALL GOV'T"? So far I have never seen any such proposal. All I have seen is a whole heap of blame piled upon "BIG GOV'T" opponents but nothing in the way of realistic alternatives.​

So what are the results of that little experiment?

1. There is no viable "SMALL GOV'T" alternative.
2. Since there is viable alternative there can never be a "SMALL GOV'T" solution.
3. The whole concept is nothing more than a way to rile people up and get them angry for partisan political purposes.
4. Your anger and rage is being used by the powers that be to turn you against your fellow Americans.​

To summarize, your excuse for using vulgarities is that you are standing on an untenable position and you blame everyone else for not drinking the same Koolaid.

So ask yourself if you continue to stick to your extreme position are you ever going to get what you want? Or would you be better off at least getting at least some of what you want if you cannot get all of it?

LOL

Typical from a party that doesn't want to cut a damned thing..............Offer after offer after offer has been suggested by the GOP to Cut the Gov't..............All basically refused by the Dems, without any solution other than taxes............The GOP finally got a 1% cut called Sequester, which was proposed by your side and then later blamed the GOP for doing it............

At the mention of any cuts, your side screams, bitches, and moans..........And now you even want to spend more.................Without any solutions for cutting the budget.........

How about starting WITH NO NEW ENTITLEMENT SPENDING.........Freeze it..........

How about NO MORE EARMARKS, aka bribes, added to bills..............

How about your SIDE FINALLY OFFERING A REASONABLE solution to CUT SPENDING instead of repeatedly asking for more...............

And if you ask for more, how about you find other cuts to pay for the dang thing.......

Face it, your side only wants more Gov't.........So any cut would be extreme to you people.

Thank you for conceding that you don't have any "SMALL GOV'T" alternative solution. Your subsequent rantings will be treated accordingly.

LOL

I've posted ideas on how to cut the debt many times.

I've posted the waste fraud and abuses on Gov't many times.

I've shown historical data showing our Revenues have stayed on average at 18.1% since virtually WWII irregardless of Tax rates.........Including taxes on the rich.......

In my last explanation, you skipped the part of FREEZING new spending.......Just went over your dang head...........Which is CBO projections on revenues and GDP are correct, would actually balance the budget over time..........

Of course, your BS return statement amounts to NOTHING...........As usual...........

So we continue down the path to Hell, and people like you always want to hit the gas.

We currently pay over 400 BILLION a year on Interest payments...............

We are projected to pay around 800 BILLION by the year 2020 on interest payments alone.........

Deficits will rise by around 500 a BILLION DURING THAT TIME to over a Trillion by 2020, due to mandatory spending..............

Those are the facts of the situation we are facing.........Liberals don't like FACTS...........And refuse to do a thing about it............As they expand programs.......................

Reason, Logic on your side of the equation is utterly STUPID........

As far as the PC, when you are told you must be polite all the time you are actually talking about it.

--- so you still can't define your term?

Nice blanket statements btw, Linus.

I did refer to PC.............When one demands that we should all be polite to each other and talk nice about subjects that we disagree on you are talking about PC.........So, we completely disagree, your side refuses to cut a thing, calls us a bunch of anarchist, and expect us to roast marshmellows over the campfire with you..................

Pretty stupid when you got a POTUS telling us to get on the back of the bus..........Congressmen and people like Biden saying the same damn shit............To hell with them, and to hell with anyone who agrees with them............

Now that simply isn't PC culture.............In your world, we should be polite to someone calling us an asshole............I don't think so.........So PC can go to hell.

We are projected to pay around 800 BILLION by the year 2020 on interest payments alone.........

Deficits will rise by around 500 a BILLION DURING THAT TIME to over a Trillion by 2020, due to mandatory spending..............

Those are the facts of the situation we are facing.........Liberals don't like FACTS...........And refuse to do a thing about it............As they expand programs.......................

As far as the PC, when you are told you must be polite all the time you are actually talking about it.

I did refer to PC.............When one demands that we should all be polite to each other and talk nice about subjects that we disagree on you are talking about PC.........So, we completely disagree, your side refuses to cut a thing, calls us a bunch of anarchist, and expect us to roast marshmellows over the campfire with you..................

Pretty stupid when you got a POTUS telling us to get on the back of the bus..........Congressmen and people like Biden saying the same damn shit............To hell with them, and to hell with anyone who agrees with them............

Now that simply isn't PC culture.............In your world, we should be polite to someone calling us an asshole............I don't think so.........So PC can go to hell.

So THAT's what you think "PC" means? "Polite communication"?

No wonder your posts make no sense.

Whatever floats your boat Lib.....Making sense of a Liberal position is an Oxymoron anyway...............Your side refuses to do anything about what I stated........

You understand clearly what I've said all along, and just twist it...........

In the end it doesn't matter.........There are 2 sides to this, and currently no compromise anyway........Your side had some moderates called Blue Dogs, but they are almost gone now........They didn't toe the line and were purged.......aka your side has gone far left with no compromise and should get none in return.

Whatever floats your boat Lib.....Making sense of a Liberal position is an Oxymoron anyway...............Your side refuses to do anything about what I stated........

In the end it doesn't matter.........There are 2 sides to this, and currently no compromise anyway........Your side had some moderates called Blue Dogs, but they are almost gone now........They didn't toe the line and were purged.......aka your side has gone far left with no compromise and should get none in return.

My 'side'?? I haven't posted about any of that shit, so I don't have a 'side'.

What I asked you (several days ago by now) is what you mean by the term "PC". It appears to me you're just making it up post-to-post. You're doing everything you can think of to dance around it.

What I asked you (several days ago by now) is what you mean by the term "PC". It appears to me you're just making it up post-to-post. You're doing everything you can think of to dance around it.

You are dealing with someone with Binary Synapse Syndrome, Pogo! They cannot understand what compromise means. They are fixated on "PC = bad" and it is a waste of time expecting them to explain why they believe that.

I've been mulling over why some people give themselves permission to be complete asphedoras online, and further why it is expected that we should just tolerate it.

Or why we should have to read every post that flies, or else we "don't want to hear opposing opinions."

[MENTION=42649]Gracie[/MENTION] - I just found this.

Personally, I think the ignore function is a very good option for avoiding the trolls, white supremacists, and others who just generally live her to wreak havoc. But as stated in the first sentence, I am curious as to why any adult would use this place as where they go to take a verbal dump whenever they are in the mood.

Obviously, this isn't just happening here. It's a worldwide phenomenon of "Nobody knows who I am, so here's my ass." But shouldn't there be some button in their brain that says "Mentally healthy people don't act like this?" And that question would go double to anybody who claims to be a follower of any given spiritual belief system.

I guess the bottom line I would like to ask any trolls who are willing to be honest - what do you tell yourself that makes such antisocial behavior acceptable, in your mind.

Any educated guesses, links and/or articles from non-trolls are welcome as well.

[MENTION=46168]Statistikhengst[/MENTION]
[MENTION=42916]Derideo_Te[/MENTION]

Excuse my answering your question with a question, but answering mine will open up the possibility of a new world of thought for you.

Why do libraries contain books of differing topics?

Your answer will be within sight once you answer my question.

One of my favorite things to do is figuratively spar and wrestle in the mud. Although I've calmed down over the years. And that might be because I've had the opportunity to get it out of my system, so to speak.

It is a release. And I like being able to do that here.

But sometimes I like to merely inform or discuss things in a civil or cordial manner.

I've been mulling over why some people give themselves permission to be complete asphedoras online, and further why it is expected that we should just tolerate it.

Or why we should have to read every post that flies, or else we "don't want to hear opposing opinions."

Personally, I think the ignore function is a very good option for avoiding the trolls, white supremacists, and others who just generally live her to wreak havoc. But as stated in the first sentence, I am curious as to why any adult would use this place as where they go to take a verbal dump whenever they are in the mood.

Obviously, this isn't just happening here. It's a worldwide phenomenon of "Nobody knows who I am, so here's my ass." But shouldn't there be some button in their brain that says "Mentally healthy people don't act like this?" And that question would go double to anybody who claims to be a follower of any given spiritual belief system.

I guess the bottom line I would like to ask any trolls who are willing to be honest - what do you tell yourself that makes such antisocial behavior acceptable, in your mind.

Any educated guesses, links and/or articles from non-trolls are welcome as well.

Excuse my answering your question with a question, but answering mine will open up the possibility of a new world of thought for you.

One of my favorite things to do is figuratively spar and wrestle in the mud. Although I've calmed down over the years. And that might be because I've had the opportunity to get it out of my system, so to speak.

But sometimes I like to merely inform or discuss things in a civil or cordial manner.

That sounds like a good idea!

Sounds to me like we need to tax the rich at an appropriate rate and stop bleeding out half a trillion a year in trade deficits.

Sounds to me like you are confused.

Tell me something, if you can, what do taxes have to do with the trade deficit?

Tariffs(taxes on imports) were the method by which our federal government was funded for this nation's first 150 years, lad.

Back then we had NO income taxes, either.''

Now we have FREE TRADE and everybody is bitching about the taxes they pay.

Do you get it now,amigo?

:eusa_angel:

You who, blacksand?

Honestly ... No Offense Gracie ... You have a good heart, as well as Boop 85% of the time and almost always Cabbie.
It is just that somehow people think sugar-coating the ill things they say and feel towards others somehow makes it different than what they mean ... It doesn't.

If someone wants to be ugly ... It doesn't matter what their intentions are or how they say it ... They are still being ugly.
The only thing that is really different is that they are being ugly and self-righteous at the same time.

If you want to start a fight ... Expect to get hit ... And don't cry when you do.

Except real debate is not supposed to be about starting a fight, and it is not supposed to be about demonizing a person, it's supposed to be about vigorously defending your ideas/ideals by applying logic and at the same time, deconstructing the ideas/ ideals of your opponent by using logic as well.

Two great debators should be able to shake hands before and after a really rough and rugged debate and not think ill of each other.

An opponent is not an enemy.

Making someone else the "demon" just because he does not share your ideology or culture is the cheap way out, imo. It requires the least energy of all. So, essentially, trolls are lazy asses.

For instance, Tank wrote this:

Personally, I think the ignore function is a very good option
You have reality on ignore

Instead of attacking the idea, he attacked the person. That is the cheap way out. And notice the Nazi who thanked him for his input. That speaks volumes.

Hey, [MENTION=18975]Tank[/MENTION], instead of attacking a person, why not bring some information to the table?

Nothing wrong with taking the gloves off, and duking it out. Makes for great drama'

These two never really ignored each other:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5PSKYR39sA&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Buckley vs Vidal : Gore's one-liners - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYymnxoQnf8&feature=youtube_gdata_player]William Buckley Vs Gore Vidal - YouTube[/ame]

You need a thicker skin. :)

You are dealing with someone with Binary Synapse Syndrome, Pogo! They cannot understand what compromise means. They are fixated on "PC = bad" and it is a waste of time expecting them to explain why they believe that.

I suppose ostensibly my objective is to get them to admit when they're just taking a term regardless of its meaning and spitting it pejoratively in an attempt to invent a new weasel-word slur (like they did with Liberal) without ever having to pin themselves down on what they mean.

Of course we all know they're never going to admit that so I just pose probing questions to make them squirm. The Squirm is the entertainment. :coffee:

And it goes on for days...! :rofl:

I suppose ostensibly my objective is to get them to admit when they're just taking a term regardless of its meaning and spitting it pejoratively in an attempt to invent a new weasel-word slur (like they did with Liberal) without ever having to pin themselves down on what they mean.

Of course we all know they're never going to admit that so I just pose probing questions to make them squirm. The Squirm is the entertainment. :coffee:

And it goes on for days...! :rofl:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgqVR-yuryA]The Squirm - Waiting For - YouTube[/ame]

Which sometimes needs this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amVGAFYQus0]Manure for the squirm - YouTube[/ame]

That sounds like a good idea!

Oh, kiss my ass.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Honestly ... No Offense Gracie ... You have a good heart, as well as Boop 85% of the time and almost always Cabbie.
It is just that somehow people think sugar-coating the ill things they say and feel towards others somehow makes it different than what they mean ... It doesn't.

If someone wants to be ugly ... It doesn't matter what their intentions are or how they say it ... They are still being ugly.
The only thing that is really different is that they are being ugly and self-righteous at the same time.

If you want to start a fight ... Expect to get hit ... And don't cry when you do.

Except real debate is not supposed to be about starting a fight, and it is not supposed to be about demonizing a person, it's supposed to be about vigorously defending your ideas/ideals by applying logic and at the same time, deconstructing the ideas/ ideals of your opponent by using logic as well.

Two great debators should be able to shake hands before and after a really rough and rugged debate and not think ill of each other.

Making someone else the "demon" just because he does not share your ideology or culture is the cheap way out, imo. It requires the least energy of all. So, essentially, trolls are lazy asses.

You have reality on ignore

Instead of attacking the idea, he attacked the person. That is the cheap way out. And notice the Nazi who thanked him for his input. That speaks volumes.

Hey, [MENTION=18975]Tank[/MENTION], instead of attacking a person, why not bring some information to the table?

Nothing wrong with taking the gloves off, and duking it out. Makes for great drama'

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5PSKYR39sA&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Buckley vs Vidal : Gore's one-liners - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYymnxoQnf8&feature=youtube_gdata_player]William Buckley Vs Gore Vidal - YouTube[/ame]

They never resorted to spurious insults!

Sounds to me like we need to tax the rich at an appropriate rate and stop bleeding out half a trillion a year in trade deficits.

Sounds to me like you are confused.

Tell me something, if you can, what do taxes have to do with the trade deficit?

Tariffs(taxes on imports) were the method by which our federal government was funded for this nation's first 150 years, lad.

Back then we had NO income taxes, either.''

Now we have FREE TRADE and everybody is bitching about the taxes they pay.

Do you get it now,amigo?

:eusa_angel:

We didn't have welfare back then, so good luck on going back to that type of taxation.

Should I point out that "Free trade" does not equate to no tariffs anywhere in the world, or would that upset your idiotic rant in favor of monopolies and oligarchies?

Now, one more time, what does the trade deficit have to do with taxes?

Hey, @Tank, instead of attacking a person, why not bring some information to the table?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5PSKYR39sA&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Buckley vs Vidal : Gore's one-liners - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYymnxoQnf8&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]William Buckley Vs Gore Vidal - YouTube[/ame]

They never resorted to spurious insults!

I agree, all their insults were sincere.

Forum List

Back