Black republicans...who are they really?

Here fag, suck on this for awhile, remind us again how democrats don't gerrymander ...

Hey moron......we were discussing VOTER ID....not "gerrymander-ing" [sic]....and take a lesson in spelling.
(Who the fuck is 'gerry") LOL

Nope. Republicans looked at the candidate (unlike you lemmings) and decided to stay home. I promise you this: it will NOT happen this election cycle. Clinton will take an ass whipping, the likes of which have not been seen since George McGovern.

Well, after November....DO try to come up with a different screen name....LOL

o, I'm pointing out that you apparently haven't heard of proper sentence structure and commas.

Thanks, I'll take your stupidity under proper "advisement"......LOL
So... you misuse conjunctions... make an excuse for it instead of fixing the sentence... then call ME stupid. You're in no position to be calling anyone stupid. This is all while ignoring the thread premise.

So... you misuse conjunctions... make an excuse for it instead of fixing the sentence... then call ME stupid. You're in no position to be calling anyone stupid. This is all while ignoring the thread premise.

Hey, moron......the title of the magazine uses the conjunction "and".....You've chosen...actually chosen to make your "brilliant" retorts about a conjunction???? Find a corner and go play with yourself.

Yesterday, a heated "debate" (well, as much of a debate that can be had in this mostly right wing forum) was had about one poster's friend who, as a liberal, spoke about a right wing friend who claimed that a good part of the hatred toward Obama was based on race.

I do NOT believe that opposition toward Obama is wholly based on race.....however, to deny that some racism does not exist toward Obama's presidency, would be equally naive.

So, what would make someone who is black and relatively intelligent, embrace the GOP platform that is often enmeshed in policies that are not for the betterment of the black voting bloc?

I am reminded of a passage in Milton's Paradise Lost where Lucifer explains why he chose to defy God's wishes (and PLEASE, I do not mean even remotely to equate a black republican to the devil......but the analogy is still sound.) ........Anyway, through Milton's prose, Lucifer explains that he would rather be a "king in hell" than just one of many other angel standing beside the throne of God.

What I'm getting at is that for SOME blacks who have chosen to embrace right wing policies may do so because the notoriety gained by such a stance is much more self serving than to be one of the vast majority of blacks who side with the left ideology. In other words, if you want to get on the FOX channels or the Rush radio talk shows, your chances are vastly improved if you claim that you are an arch conservative AND black.

It is not surprising that black people vote Democrat and reject Republicans in numbers of North Korean proportions.

After all, each time there was a Democratic president, black poverty disappeared, black out-of-wedlock births reduced, ther horn of plenty was open to blacks, black kids had better education, black achievements were appreciated, black ambitions were realized and black freedom, at last, again attained.

But then....... disaster!!!

After four or eight years an evil Republican president wrestled the power away from a far more deserving Democrat, usually by voter fraud, gerrymandering and cheating. The bastard put blacks back in chains. He took away all the freedoms from blacks. Republicans oppressed blacks worse than before the Civil War. The Republicans hate blacks except those blacks who suck up to them and get and education, show work ethic and improve their own lots in life. Those bastards deserve to be called the most vile epitaphs and also deserve the contempt of honest Democrat voting fellow blacks who know which party is on their side.

For the benefit of dense Democrats, especially of the African-American persuasion, the foregoing was meant as sarcasm.

Here fag, suck on this for awhile, remind us again how democrats don't gerrymander ...

Hey moron......we were discussing VOTER ID....not "gerrymander-ing" [sic]....and take a lesson in spelling.
(Who the fuck is 'gerry") LOL
37dad9d6f52342938b718fc2001f3b59.png
He spelled it right.

Who are black Republicans? They are blacks who don't base their politics on their skin color. They are blacks who consider candidates and proposals on their merits. They are blacks who reject the dominant strand of black culture and all the racism, mythology, and intolerance that it entails.

Hey, moron......the title of the magazine uses the conjunction "and".....You've chosen...actually chosen to make your "brilliant" retorts about a conjunction???? Find a corner and go play with yourself.
Again, you could still structure your sentence so you don't use multiple 'and' in a row. It makes it look like you actually know what you're talking about. Also, when mentioning a title, you use quotations or italics, which you didn't do.
Find a corner and go play with yourself.
Not in the mood at the moment.

Last edited:
Yesterday, a heated "debate" (well, as much of a debate that can be had in this mostly right wing forum) was had about one poster's friend who, as a liberal, spoke about a right wing friend who claimed that a good part of the hatred toward Obama was based on race.

I do NOT believe that opposition toward Obama is wholly based on race.....however, to deny that some racism does not exist toward Obama's presidency, would be equally naive.

So, what would make someone who is black and relatively intelligent, embrace the GOP platform that is often enmeshed in policies that are not for the betterment of the black voting bloc?

I am reminded of a passage in Milton's Paradise Lost where Lucifer explains why he chose to defy God's wishes (and PLEASE, I do not mean even remotely to equate a black republican to the devil......but the analogy is still sound.) ........Anyway, through Milton's prose, Lucifer explains that he would rather be a "king in hell" than just one of many other angel standing beside the throne of God.

What I'm getting at is that for SOME blacks who have chosen to embrace right wing policies may do so because the notoriety gained by such a stance is much more self serving than to be one of the vast majority of blacks who side with the left ideology. In other words, if you want to get on the FOX channels or the Rush radio talk shows, your chances are vastly improved if you claim that you are an arch conservative AND black.

You are a Racist Moron.

Found this..

It appears that all these people were ok with the potential voter, otherwise once they confirmed that the person had their registration card. Now undoubtedly they figure that if you passed the criteria for obtaining a voter registration card, then you must be legal to vote. Now the part where the person claimed to be an illegal should have raised the red flags if they new the law, and they should have really began investigating how the person acquired a registration card, and could they then see the card, and then some phone calls should have been made. The desperation to get out the vote, caused people who should have known better, to fall victim to ignoring the law out of their bias to get a Democrat elected at any means nessesary.

Last edited:

...SOME blacks who have chosen to embrace right wing policies may do so because the notoriety gained by such a stance is much more self serving than to be one of the vast majority of blacks who side with the left ideology. In other words, if you want to get on the FOX channels or the Rush radio talk shows, your chances are vastly improved if you claim that you are an arch conservative AND black.

Red:
Well now, you've asked a question that can't really be answered coherently and cogently in a few short sentences. I'll do my best to try answering in fewer words than have the authors of books on the topic have used, but there's not a pat answer to your question.

My answer to your question is that the reasons are quite possibly as varied as there are blacks who are Republican. Despite the potential for causal variability regarding why some blacks are members of the GOP, there are several extant traits within the black community that are consistent with conservative viewpoints.

Dr. Leah Rigueur writes:

Your question, and considering sensible answers to it, divulges interesting lines of sociopolitical thought; however, approaching the answer from alternate vantage points may be more useful in helping one arrive at a credible answer than is doing so from the one your quandary bids. History and cultural core values notwithstanding, I think past and current political voting motivations among blacks derives first and foremost derives first from their blackness and second from the factors noted in the prior paragraph, at least in the U.S.

The American experience of blacks, regardless of what they as individuals or collectively may mostly perceive about economics, morality, social interactions and so on, has been such that they feel forced to act politically (upon being permitted to do so without reprisal or disenfranchisement due to "Jim Crow" practices and provisos) with a mindset of "we" rather than "I."

Why blacks, in large measure, came to act collectively should not be hard to fathom. It's what any group of humans do when confronted with opposition deriving from that which the group members alone as individuals cannot alter, often not on behalf of themselves and never on behalf of their race as a whole. White people, in my experience, do not think in terms of "we." White people have the privilege to interact with the social and political structures of our society as individuals. Whites are often not directly affected by racial oppression even in their own community, so what does not affect whites locally has little chance of affecting them regionally or nationally. They have no need, nor often any real desire, to think in terms of a group, in terms of "we." They are and have always been supported, or at the very least not unsupported, by the system, and so are mostly unaffected by it.

Blacks realized rightly then that they had to use all of their resources to secure some semblance of social, political and legal parity with their white countrymen. Blacks don't see a shooting of an innocent black child in another state as something separate from themselves because they know viscerally that it could be their own child, parent, or themselves, who is shot. For example, the shooting of Walter Scott in North Charleston resonated with many blacks because Walter Scott was portrayed in the media as a deadbeat and a criminal,  but when those blacks -- blacks who had no connection with Mr. Scott other than their also being black -- look at the facts about the actual man, he was nearly indistinguishable from my themselves or their brother, sister, friend, mother or father. In that regard, racism affects blacks directly because the fact that it happened at a geographically remote location or to another Black person is only a coincidence, an accident. It could just as easily happen to any given black person, wherever they are, right here, right now.

Only to their continued detriment did blacks discard that tool of "bloc voting." "Block voting" regrettably resulted in blacks to some degree marginalizing themselves, thereby in part themselves creating the situation the Black Lives Matters movement today decries: that blacks' reliably voting for Democrats has come to be taken as a given rather than something that needs to be earned. That said, in the post-Johnson years, the GOP hasn't espoused policies that helped blacks achieve the parity they've longed for since arriving in the U.S. Even more regrettably, superficial and supercilious observers overlook an extant distinction between the circumstance of blacks' application of the tactics in comparison and contrast with that of whites.

One may use a sharp knife for more than carving the Thanksgiving turkey. It's not entirely far fetched to see that blacks have in part adopted the very tactics, if not the bigoted philosophy that underpinned them, they most despised. The same collectivity that blacks exploited to their advantage in their quest for equality of opportunity is also a tool white supremacists use to advance their aims. There is, however, a critical difference: for hundreds of years whites have used that tool to assert and maintain their legal, political and social dominance over blacks based on nothing other than their whiteness whereas black have used it to obtain parity in a society dominated by whites, a society in which whites hold/held all the power.

The 250-odd year history of overt and covert racism and its impact, denial of the opportunity to realize one's full potential, created an environment of distrust of whites among blacks. That skepticism is not unwarranted. Klan members do, after all, wear hoods and full body gowns. It's not as though, as individuals, their bigotry has been openly expressed and owned, even though a small few Klansmen and other racists don't hide behind masks. The presence the KKK is an overt indication that racism exists. That it's impossible to know who in the community may indeed belong to the KKK forces those whom KKK members would disaffect makes continued distrust of potential members the safer stance to to take.

When somewhat bright political leaders and aspirants, people who routinely (or should) very carefully choose their words, remark ambiguous about matters racial rather than commenting unequivocally -- for example, "disavowing" what David Duke has to say rather than "denouncing" or "reprehending" him and what he has to say -- trust isn't built or maintained. The situation isn't made better when some conservatives do denounce such remarks and others attempt to cast them in a favorable or at least neutral light.

How is one, a black, to know what to think in such situations? At the very least, there is consistency in the nature and tone of remarks coming from other corners of the political spectrum. So unless one is a "dyed in the wool" conspiracy theorist, one is going to put one's hope in the group that seems universally not to create the same degree of doubt in one's mind, even if that group does not dispel all hints of doubt.

Given that the GOP has since the last half of the 20th century refrained from promoting policies that combined with repeatedly offered support for the GOP by white supremacist groups, in the minds of blacks, ameliorate their circumstance as blacks living in the U.S., many blacks simply don't trust conservatives, and especially the GOP. Blacks understandably find no basis for thinking the GOP, and presumably conservatives in general, offers much of anything to support their need and desire to share fully in the American Dream. The history of blacks in the U.S. has taught blacks to think and vote first as blacks and second, if at all as citizens with all the rights and opportunities appertaining to their white countrymen.

Note:
I think the circumstance is slightly different, however, for Libertarians than it is for Republicans, but above I've largely had Republicans in mind as I wrote my remarks. The GOP figured most in my mind because it is the largest conservative party.

Blue:
Wow! That's one hell of a lot of pride and greed you manage to ascribe to black conservatives. I cannot agree that either of those traits motivate the conservatism of the few black conservatives I know well enough to have an inkling of what spurs them to be Republicans.

Forum List

Back