Best Drunk Ever

WillMunny

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2016
Foster Brooks was a former alky who quit drinking in the '60s, so he did these "drunk" sketches while stone cold sober.

What really caught my attention about Foster Brooks is that he's like a clone of my binge-drinking grandfather. Who lived to be 86 guzzling anywhere from 1 to 2 fifths of straight whiskey every day of his adult life (oh, the tall tales I could tell you folks about his drunken escapades). And had the audacity to outlive my other 3 non-drinking grandparents. But in looks, voice, drunken mannerisms, etc....watching Mr. Brooks is like seeing my perpetually pickled grandpa's ghost.

On no less than 3 different occasions my Foster-Brooks-looking grandpa whiskey-binge-drank himself into such extreme comas, that paramedics actually pronounced him dead and took him to the morgue. At which point he'd wake up on a slab in a horrible, hung-over mood and storm right out of there, scaring the living shit out of the employees. According to what the County Coroner told my aunt (who lives nearby) about her father, he had to tell his employees, "Don't worry, that's just Mr. Fitz******, he dies and comes back to life all the time."

Forum List

Back