Majority of Americans wrongly believe US is in recession – and most blame Biden

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

• 55% believe the economy is shrinking, and 56% think the US is experiencing a recession, though the broadest measure of the economy, gross domestic product (GDP), has been growing.
  • 49% believe the S&P 500 stock market index is down for the year, though the index went up about 24% in 2023 and is up more than 12% this year.
  • 49% believe that unemployment is at a 50-year high, though the unemployment rate has been under 4%, a near 50-year low.

Its puzzling but perhaps it proves the powerr of right wing misinformation.It also illustrates
the stupidity of many American voters. Perhaps if they paid more attention to the economy and less to banning books and stringing up trannys they might have more informed opinions.

Anyway it looks like many of them are about to make an act of nationa lself harm.

• 55% believe the economy is shrinking, and 56% think the US is experiencing a recession, though the broadest measure of the economy, gross domestic product (GDP), has been growing.
  • 49% believe the S&P 500 stock market index is down for the year, though the index went up about 24% in 2023 and is up more than 12% this year.
  • 49% believe that unemployment is at a 50-year high, though the unemployment rate has been under 4%, a near 50-year low.

Its puzzling but perhaps it proves the powerr of right wing misinformation.It also illustrates
the stupidity of many American voters. Perhaps if they paid more attention to the economy and less to banning books and stringing up trannys they might have more informed opinions.

Anyway it looks like many of them are about to make an act of nationa lself harm.
Not me boy!

I blame Putin, but only because of global warming

Besides, January 6th.

Majority of fat Welsh poofs do not understand how inflation has affected these figures as well as the lives of those thus affected.
But Joe Biden has no power over inflation, which is why he passed his inflation bill that saved us..............I think.

Anyway, Joe may not be able to control inflation, but if given a chance, they can control the weather if only you would support giving them more power to do so. That way they can fix the weather like they fixed inflation............I think.

All I can figure is, you must be really, really stupid to be a democrat, or brain dead, but nothing in between really.

People know they cannot afford anything anymore and can't make ends meet. To them, that is a recession and it is a cold hard fact the left want to deny. Trying to tell everyone who can't afford to live anymore that everything's going just fine is falling on deaf ears.

The only explanation I can imagine is that inflation was terribly destructive and terribly disruptive (clearly), and people are blaming Biden for it on a variety of levels.

Never mind that the inflation jump was inevitable. Americans just don't get into the details by and large (although I don't think that's just in America).

Bottom line, we get what we deserve. If we're not going to worry about details, then too bad.

People know they cannot afford anything anymore and can't make ends meet. To them, that is a recession and it is a cold hard fact the left want to deny. Trying to tell everyone who can't afford to live anymore that everything's going just fine is falling on deaf ears.
Bidenhas done fine despite gop misinformation and stupid people like you. Feelz aint proof.

Bidenhas done fine despite gop misinformation and stupid people like you. Feelz aint proof.
People can't make ends meet. Inflation is high. Foreclosures are high. Evictions are high. Auto loan delinquencies are high. Savings withdraws are high. Credit card debt is high. Homelessness is high. Biden disapproval numbers are high, and about 70% of Americans say the country is going in the wrong direction. You need to get your head out of your ass.

The only explanation I can imagine is that inflation was terribly destructive and terribly disruptive (clearly), and people are blaming Biden for it on a variety of levels.

Never mind that the inflation jump was inevitable. Americans just don't get into the details by and large (although I don't think that's just in America).

Bottom line, we get what we deserve. If we're not going to worry about details, then too bad.
Its obvious that these chimps do not have any understanding of inflation or perhaps anything.But why do they need to when it would only cloud their midds.

Weve got inflation over here. A lot of it self inflicted. Truss,Brexit. But a lot of it was covid and a lot of it Ukraine.

Do they think that MTG and Johnson have the nswers? Or trump.

Its obvious that these chimps do not have any understanding of inflation or perhaps anything.But why do they need to when it would only cloud their midds.

Weve got inflation over here. A lot of it self inflicted. Truss,Brexit. But a lot of it was covid and a lot of it Ukraine.

Do they think that MTG and Johnson have the nswers? Or trump.
They think Trump has all the answers, and they're not told that he spent like a drunken sailor and lived off trillions in free money from the Fed (and asked for more).

Their world is so separate and insulated now that there's really no way to know. You can't convince a cultist of anything that is not of their world. Period.

Forum List

Back