Banned Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do they not respond to the threads in this section? You would think they would come here and check this section to answer questions and provide help to members, but obviously that is not the case. Why bother having this section open to members at all then? It should just be the "announcements" section if they are going to ignore members and their issues.

They do.

They choose which ones they respond to, with good reason.

Imagine if you had to deal with crazy, whiny people day in and day out. It'd make more sense to just answer the questions that actually have to do with this forum, like software bugs and ideas, etc.

If it's an issue that actually applies her, go for it. If it's a personal issue or a personal issue wrapped-up as a legitimate one then no, it's a waste of time.

I believe I've seen some legitimate posters post issues here in this section and be ignored. If they don't want people to give or receive "feedback" then it should be the "announcements" section only for staff.

They may be ignored for valid reasons. I don't know; that's all.

When in doubt, send a member of staff a respectful PM about it.

No harm no foul.

Yes well, this section is for "feedback" and that is what I am doing. Giving some feedback.

Yes, and that's fine.

Patience is important, too.

You could @ members of staff. You could wait, too... Or, you could PM a member of staff and respectfully ask him or her to share their thoughts on it.

Likely, staff is aware, and may be discussing it privately first, and you need to give it time before they come to a decision on what they think about it. Nothing wrong with it, either.

As for myself, if the software allows it, using 'SUSPENDED' and 'BANNED' would clear all of this up, yet remain vague enough to keep things peaceful.

Let's also not forget that moderators also can have their OWN agendas. Let me give you an example of what I'm talking about . . .

In a FZ thread, a member had insinuated that I should have aborted my child which totally goes against the "family" rule. However, that entire thread was deleted. In that same thread, another member wished me to have cancer. Just some totally nasty and uncalled for filth was being tossed about and about very personal matters, I might add. Then, on another thread, I said to a member "did your momma tell you that?" and I received an infraction regarding the "family rule." :uhh:

Privately owned forum, sure, but the rules should be applied to all without bias if the staff is concerned about making this a good and fair forum for all to participate. Instead we have some mods (or one that I'm aware of) who have their "favorites" as posters and then the ones they do not like, and they are certainly biased when applying the rules.

Many, because they had stood up to the powers that be and pointed out abuse of power.
lol you're funny :p They were "users" and rebelled against "Admin." What did they think would happen :eusa_eh: All of them were nepotist thugs.
Yes they rebelled. They rebelled against unequal enforcement and randomly created new "rules". They were vocal about it. Some even expressed their concerns directly to the company who owns the forum.
The purge was like obama banning the majority in the House.

If that's true, it's small wonder they were banned, considering a messageboard is personal property and should not be infringed or attacked by partisans of either side. If fanatical Right or Left wingers tried to do that with a forum I owned, I would do the same, and not nearly as nicely.
yep. Admin gave them > one chance to abide by the rules & they kept on. Admin showed great restraint IMO.

Why do they not respond to the threads in this section? You would think they would come here and check this section to answer questions and provide help to members, but obviously that is not the case. Why bother having this section open to members at all then? It should just be the "announcements" section if they are going to ignore members and their issues.

They ignore many things around here....unless you get under the skin of one of the mods. :D

lol@ the good christian full of forgiveness...shunning people on a fucking message board....cause admin banned them....they should throw open the doors and let banned members come back....why are certain people so threatening that they had to eat a permanent ban?
Many, because they had stood up to the powers that be and pointed out abuse of power.
lol you're funny :p They were "users" and rebelled against "Admin." What did they think would happen :eusa_eh: All of them were nepotist thugs.
Yes they rebelled. They rebelled against unequal enforcement and randomly created new "rules". They were vocal about it. Some even expressed their concerns directly to the company who owns the forum.
The purge was like obama banning the majority in the House.

LOL Holy Jesus, how serious do you take the internet when you take your "concerns" to the company that owns a message board?

:rofl:

They do.

They choose which ones they respond to, with good reason.

Imagine if you had to deal with crazy, whiny people day in and day out. It'd make more sense to just answer the questions that actually have to do with this forum, like software bugs and ideas, etc.

If it's an issue that actually applies her, go for it. If it's a personal issue or a personal issue wrapped-up as a legitimate one then no, it's a waste of time.

I believe I've seen some legitimate posters post issues here in this section and be ignored. If they don't want people to give or receive "feedback" then it should be the "announcements" section only for staff.

They may be ignored for valid reasons. I don't know; that's all.

When in doubt, send a member of staff a respectful PM about it.

No harm no foul.

Yes well, this section is for "feedback" and that is what I am doing. Giving some feedback.

Yes, and that's fine.

Patience is important, too.

You could @ members of staff. You could wait, too... Or, you could PM a member of staff and respectfully ask him or her to share their thoughts on it.

Likely, staff is aware, and may be discussing it privately first, and you need to give it time before they come to a decision on what they think about it. Nothing wrong with it, either.

As for myself, if the software allows it, using 'SUSPENDED' and 'BANNED' would clear all of this up, yet remain vague enough to keep things peaceful.

Let's also not forget that moderators also can have their OWN agendas. Let me give you an example of what I'm talking about . . .

In a FZ thread, a member had insinuated that I should have aborted my child which totally goes against the "family" rule. However, that entire thread was deleted. In that same thread, another member wished me to have cancer. Just some totally nasty and uncalled for filth was being tossed about and about very personal matters, I might add. Then, on another thread, I said to a member "did your momma tell you that?" and I received an infraction regarding the "family rule." :uhh:

Privately owned forum, sure, but the rules should be applied to all without bias if the staff is concerned about making this a good and fair forum for all to participate. Instead we have some mods (or one that I'm aware of) who have their "favorites" as posters and then the ones they do not like, and they are certainly biased when applying the rules.

I don't believe it's bias in the FZ, I believe its mods that don't even understand their own rules. I got banned for NOT breaking a rule. True story.

The rules are often enforced poorly or in a highly arbitrary manner. I don't think any reasonable person could argue otherwise.

no i am asking for examples of how its better now......i see much more racism and hate than 3 years ago....and i sure see more ads

The filth on this board 3 years ago was off the charts - married women leading the way even - it was disgusting - the avatars, the disgusting behavior, the blatant disrespect for other members, for moderators and admin, etc. As I said before, it is 10,000 times better than it ever was - in my opinion. I commend the Admin / mods for making this board a much better experience for everyone.

Hope I've explained what I meant for you as this is my last comment on the matter. Banned means banned. Let's respect USMB by respecting their decisions. Amen? Amen!

We should ban all Jack Chick cartoons because they promote hate.

no i am asking for examples of how its better now......i see much more racism and hate than 3 years ago....and i sure see more ads

The filth on this board 3 years ago was off the charts - married women leading the way even - it was disgusting - the avatars, the disgusting behavior, the blatant disrespect for other members, for moderators and admin, etc. As I said before, it is 10,000 times better than it ever was - in my opinion. I commend the Admin / mods for making this board a much better experience for everyone.

Hope I've explained what I meant for you as this is my last comment on the matter. Banned means banned. Let's respect USMB by respecting their decisions. Amen? Amen!

We should ban all Jack Chick cartoons because they promote hate.

I think we should ban all Canadians....mainly because they say "eh" and "hose head" a lot.

Just kidding Toro. :)

I don't really care why a member was banned (although I'm sure there are some funny things that happen sometimes). I just want to know if a member is permanently or temporarily banned.

I'm on a sports board with a thread which lists the banned members, the reason for the banning and the length. Only mods can post in it, and no one else can start a thread about it.

I've suggested that here in the past as a way of increasing transparency, but nothing has come of it.

I do. It happened during the rebellion against ownership. Nepotists 'tarded-out" and got their just desserts:banned: :banana: :beer:

All, ALL of them deserved what they got

you're full of shit. you played charade games and pitted good people against each other.

good honest people, who knew exactly how full of shit you have always been, ended up banned which suit your selfish purpose just fine.

no. The rw thug nepotist brigade. Thangod they're gone.

no. Dante knows the score here ;) He calls self-important nepotist thugs what they are :)

No. Those that were permabanned openly defied admin. If you do that then you should expect what you get.

Quick-Change.jpg

Quick Change 1990 - IMDb
quick-change.jpg

Dot is the ultimate obsequious kiss-ass, so don't expect anything objective from him.

d's the clown who negotiates his way out of the bank he just robbed...

I do. It happened during the rebellion against ownership. Nepotists 'tarded-out" and got their just desserts:banned: :banana: :beer:

you're full of shit. you played charade games and pitted good people against each other.

good honest people, who knew exactly how full of shit you have always been, ended up banned which suit your selfish purpose just fine.

no. Dante knows the score here ;) He calls self-important nepotist thugs what they are :)

No. Those that were permabanned openly defied admin. If you do that then you should expect what you get.
Hysterical much? :eek-52: save it Sugar Shorts :talktothehand: :boobies: . You memory is obviously subjective at best :eusa_think:Having maniToroRavi on your side doesn't help either.

save it Sugar Shorts. You memory is obviously subjective

What a pathetic weenie.

SRSLY

name names, d. tell us how the emu was such a nepotist and deserved what he got.. :fu:

name names, d. tell us how the emu was such a nepotist and deserved what he got.. :fu:
he 'tarded-out over something that was not under his control. Same w/ the others in the nepotist clique. The ones that remain, see above, took their medicine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back