Banned Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisL

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2014
Wherever the wild things are!!
It would be nice if there was a way to determine whether a poster is banned only temporarily or permanently. The reason being is that sometimes I read threads that were started by a banned member that I would like to reply to, but if the poster is permanently banned, why bother? Perhaps when a member is permanently banned, the word "banned" under their screen name could be a different color? That would help. Thanks for listening. :)

Maybe 'SUSPENDED' and 'BANNED' would work?

A page for banned and temp banned posters, along with an explanation of why they were banned, would be useful, and on some other boards is one of the most entertaining features.

A page for banned and temp banned posters, along with an explanation of why they were banned, would be useful, and on some other boards is one of the most entertaining features.

USER1: This guy was an illiterate left-wing f***up who couldn't resist calling people racists.

USER2: Having been conceived with bourbon by rednecks under a full moon, this special idiot could not help but rage against anything remotely resembling a metro-sexual thought.

USER3: Used HATER DUPES way too many times.

It would be nice if there was a way to determine whether a poster is banned only temporarily or permanently. The reason being is that sometimes I read threads that were started by a banned member that I would like to reply to, but if the poster is permanently banned, why bother? Perhaps when a member is permanently banned, the word "banned" under their screen name could be a different color? That would help. Thanks for listening. :)

Why would you respond to them if they are under a ban at all, Chris? If the Admin banned them - temporarily or permanently - they should respect the decision of Admin and not post at all. If they are going to disrespect the rules and those who took the time to create this board and maintain it - you should realize they have no respect for anyone including themselves.

Anyone who continues to sneak onto a board - under banned title - or under a new screen name is a very desperate / unstable individual and someone that should not be trusted. It is better to respect the wishes of Admin and have nothing to do with them.

lol@ the good christian full of forgiveness...shunning people on a fucking message board....cause admin banned them....they should throw open the doors and let banned members come back....why are certain people so threatening that they had to eat a permanent ban?

Why would you respond to them if they are under a ban at all, Chris? If the Admin banned them - temporarily or permanently - they should respect the decision of Admin and not post at all. If they are going to disrespect the rules and those who took the time to create this board and maintain it - you should realize they have no respect for anyone including themselves.

Anyone who continues to sneak onto a board - under banned title - or under a new screen name is a very desperate / unstable individual and someone that should not be trusted. It is better to respect the wishes of Admin and have nothing to do with them.

I'm referring to threads or posts that the "banned" member created before he or she was banned. :)

Yeah, a forum I was a member of (and banned from ironically - lol) had a list a lot like that, although they really didn't go into any details as to why a member was banned, just things like "over the 30-point infraction limit" or what not, but that would be useful too in knowing who is banned for good as opposed to those on a temporary vacation from the board.

Why should the administrators have to explain to you who they banned and why? It's not our business. Obey the rules of USMB - it's that simple.

I'm referring to threads or posts that the "banned" member created before he or she was banned. :)

Personally? I would ignore anything they wrote about entirely, Chris. Why encourage them? Listen, when a banned member sneaks back on the board under another name and hints to others who they are? They are inviting the members here to join them in their rebellion - it is an insult to the people who have worked to clean up this board and get it to where it is today (which is 10,000 times better than it was a few years ago). Out of respect for CK and others who run this board? I wouldn't.

Why should the administrators have to explain to you who they banned and why? It's not our business. Obey the rules of USMB and

Personally? I would ignore anything they wrote about entirely, Chris. Why encourage them? Listen, when a banned member sneaks back on the board under another name and hints to others who they are? They are inviting the members here to join them in their rebellion - it is an insult to the people who have worked to clean up this board and get it to where it is today (which is 10,000 times better than it was a few years ago). Out of respect for CK and others who run this board? I wouldn't.

You misunderstand. I am referring to posts or threads that the "banned" member created BEFORE being banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back