Banned Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol@ the good christian full of forgiveness...shunning people on a fucking message board....cause admin banned them....they should throw open the doors and let banned members come back....why are certain people so threatening that they had to eat a permanent ban?
Many, because they had stood up to the powers that be and pointed out abuse of power.
lol you're funny :p They were "users" and rebelled against "Admin." What did they think would happen :eusa_eh: All of them were nepotist thugs.
Yes they rebelled. They rebelled against unequal enforcement and randomly created new "rules". They were vocal about it. Some even expressed their concerns directly to the company who owns the forum.
The purge was like obama banning the majority in the House.

If that's true, it's small wonder they were banned, considering a messageboard is personal property and should not be infringed or attacked by partisans of either side. If fanatical Right or Left wingers tried to do that with a forum I owned, I would do the same, and not nearly as nicely.
yep. Admin gave them > one chance to abide by the rules & they kept on. Admin showed great restraint IMO.

lol@ the good christian full of forgiveness...shunning people on a fucking message board....cause admin banned them....they should throw open the doors and let banned members come back....why are certain people so threatening that they had to eat a permanent ban?
Many, because they had stood up to the powers that be and pointed out abuse of power.
lol you're funny :p They were "users" and rebelled against "Admin." What did they think would happen :eusa_eh: All of them were nepotist thugs.
Yes they rebelled. They rebelled against unequal enforcement and randomly created new "rules". They were vocal about it. Some even expressed their concerns directly to the company who owns the forum.
The purge was like obama banning the majority in the House.

If that's true, it's small wonder they were banned, considering a messageboard is personal property and should not be infringed or attacked by partisans of either side. If fanatical Right or Left wingers tried to do that with a forum I owned, I would do the same, and not nearly as nicely.
yep. Admin gave them > one chance to abide by the rules & they kept on. Admin showed great restraint IMO.

Why do they not respond to the threads in this section? You would think they would come here and check this section to answer questions and provide help to members, but obviously that is not the case. Why bother having this section open to members at all then? It should just be the "announcements" section if they are going to ignore members and their issues.

Think of the forum owners as SCOTUS and STAFF as the EPA.
A property owner is denied use of his property because of a toad that is arbitrarily labeled "endangered". Does the land owner not have the right to due process?
Yeah I get that USMB is a privately owned business. That only makes suppression of dissent legal, not proper.

Well, these kinds of forums tend to attract the most extreme people on both sides of the aisle. No one else wants to listen to them, so they come to these forums to spew their vomit.

Fighting against one prong on that two-pronged extreme trident is where many err. They forget that both extremes are bad and toxic for us and our well-being. This is why we should point out the idiocy of both camps as often as possible.

I will believe that.

Why do they not respond to the threads in this section? You would think they would come here and check this section to answer questions and provide help to members, but obviously that is not the case. Why bother having this section open to members at all then? It should just be the "announcements" section if they are going to ignore members and their issues.

They do.

They choose which ones they respond to, with good reason.

Imagine if you had to deal with crazy, whiny people day in and day out. It'd make more sense to just answer the questions that actually have to do with this forum, like software bugs and ideas, etc.

If it's an issue that actually applies her, go for it. If it's a personal issue or a personal issue wrapped-up as a legitimate one then no, it's a waste of time.

A property owner is denied use of his property because of a toad that is arbitrarily labeled "endangered". Does the land owner not have the right to due process?
Yeah I get that USMB is a privately owned business. That only makes suppression of dissent legal, not proper.

If a group is trying to take over your forum and enforce their own rules on it, where do you draw the line?

Of course I'd ban every one of those f***ers. :p

So now rw'ers are against privately owned msg boards being run as they choose (which is the norm BTW ) I suppose down is up and dark is light now as well. :eusa_eh:

Sounds like being a rw'er for conveniences sake until you confront an issue where being a rw ideologue doesn't suit your purposes lol

NEWSFLASH!!! Msg boards are not democracies.

They do.

Imagine if you had to deal with crazy, whiny people day in and day out. It'd make more sense to just answer the questions that actually have to do with this forum, like software bugs and ideas, etc.

If it's an issue that actually applies her, go for it. If it's a personal issue or a personal issue wrapped-up as a legitimate one then no, it's a waste of time.

I believe I've seen some legitimate posters post issues here in this section and be ignored. If they don't want people to give or receive "feedback" then it should be the "announcements" section only for staff.

They do.

I believe I've seen some legitimate posters post issues here in this section and be ignored. If they don't want people to give or receive "feedback" then it should be the "announcements" section only for staff.

They may be ignored for valid reasons. I don't know; that's all.

When in doubt, send a member of staff a respectful PM about it.

No harm no foul.

So now rw'ers are against privately owned msg boards being run as they choose (which is the norm BTW ) I suppose down is up and dark is light now as well. :eusa_eh:

Sounds like being a rw'er for conveniences sake until you confront an issue where being a rw ideologue doesn't suit your purposes lol

NEWSFLASH!!! Msg boards are not democracies.

Well, it kind of does mean that when they use a slogan such as "where your voices count" and tout freedom of speech, no?

They do.

No harm no foul.

Yes well, this section is for "feedback" and that is what I am doing. Giving some feedback.

If a group is trying to take over your forum and enforce their own rules on it, where do you draw the line?

Of course I'd ban every one of those f***ers. :p

Hell, I'd set up a head-hunting posse.

:dev3:

I'm guessing the older software didn't have the option of displaying "temp banned" as opposed to perm banned"? As was mentioned earlier, the color of the font under ones avie could be changed to denote temp or perm if thats possible.

As long as we're on the topic, a member just returned whom I had hoped and prayed was PERMA banned :(

lol you're funny :p They were "users" and rebelled against Admin. What did they think would happen :eusa_eh: All of them were nepotist thugs.

Do you refer to the hag squad?
no. The rw thug nepotist brigade. Thangod they're gone.

A bit before the hag squad, but both are now gone.

Hopefully the lw clown nepotist parade learned from the mistakes of the rw thug nepotist brigade.

Doubtful

I'm guessing the older software didn't have the option of displaying "temp banned" as opposed to perm banned"? As was mentioned earlier, the color of the font under ones avie could be changed to denote temp or perm if thats possible.

As long as we're on the topic, a member just returned whom I had hoped and prayed was PERMA banned :(

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. Then we can know whether it's worth our time to respond to certain banned posters. If they aren't coming back then it is useless to pose questions to them.

Who dat?

They do.

No harm no foul.

Yes well, this section is for "feedback" and that is what I am doing. Giving some feedback.

Yes, and that's fine.

Patience is important, too.

You could @ members of staff. You could wait, too... Or, you could PM a member of staff and respectfully ask him or her to share their thoughts on it.

Likely, staff is aware, and may be discussing it privately first, and you need to give it time before they come to a decision on what they think about it. Nothing wrong with it, either.

As for myself, if the software allows it, using 'SUSPENDED' and 'BANNED' would clear all of this up, yet remain vague enough to keep things peaceful.

They do.

No harm no foul.

Yes, and that's fine.

Patience is important, too.

You could @ members of staff. You could wait, too... Or, you could PM a member of staff and respectfully ask him or her to share their thoughts on it.

Likely, staff is aware, and may be discussing it privately first, and you need to give it time before they come to a decision on what they think about it. Nothing wrong with it, either.

As for myself, if the software allows it, using 'SUSPENDED' and 'BANNED' would clear all of this up, yet remain vague enough to keep things peaceful.

Well, it's just a suggestion and not an emergency or anything that is so important I need to private message a moderator about. :D

The comment I made about being ignored in this section wasn't really about this particular thread but others I have seen be pretty much ignored. Just wondering why that would be the case in this particular section since it is meant for feedback by members apparently.

I haven't misunderstood you at all, Chris. Whatever they have written before being banned - should be ignored - if the Admin could delete it all - it would be that much better. Out of sight, out of mind.

So once a person is purged - they should be wiped from history?

joseph-stalin-smiling.JPG

You make Stalin smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back