Bankers taunt OWS

Bullshit.
If someone doesn't have a job, it's his fault. Look at the vids posted here over and over of kids looking at job applications and discarding them because "I dont want to work for them" or "I cant live on that wage." That's bullshit. Those are people who don't want a job.

It just shows how totally out of touch conservatives are....

My kids are in their 20s. They have both held jobs since they were 15, never got into trouble, graduated High School and one went to college the other to trade school.
The kids they graduated with are in the same situation. They have jobs, Jobs you can get. What they can't get are careers. A Career is something you can do for the rest of your life, a career is something you can support yourself and your family on. A career is something you can someday retire from
That is what kids today are missing....that is why they are protesting

I say...good for them

What's stopping them from having a career?

Lack of ambition caused by the entitlement mentality.

Bullshit.
If someone doesn't have a job, it's his fault. Look at the vids posted here over and over of kids looking at job applications and discarding them because "I dont want to work for them" or "I cant live on that wage." That's bullshit. Those are people who don't want a job.

My kids are in their 20s. They have both held jobs since they were 15, never got into trouble, graduated High School and one went to college the other to trade school.
The kids they graduated with are in the same situation. They have jobs, Jobs you can get. What they can't get are careers. A Career is something you can do for the rest of your life, a career is something you can support yourself and your family on. A career is something you can someday retire from

I say...good for them

God forbid someone actually want a stable life.

I did... that's why I established a career. It takes effort, but it can be done.

The truth is everybody shares their own little shard of guilt. It's everyone's fault.

It's the fault of the employer who won't hire someone who's unemployed considering economic recession. It's the fault of the looker who doesn't move on to other possibilities, it's the fault of congress for doing nothing but making it more difficult to start a business.

It's EVERYONE'S fault.

Bullshit.

I say...good for them

Oh horse shit. What these "kids" as you call them want, is a guarantee that their lives will be free from worry. If they are so concerned with having a life long vocation or profession, they wouldn't be camping out in a park, they'd be actually be working on their vocations or careers.

They're nothing but parasites.

Bullshit.

I say...good for them

Thanks

I enjoyed that......typical blame the victim mentality of conservatives. Everything is fine, anyone who can't get a career position is lazy and a loser. Pick yourself up by your bootstraps son......here wash some dishes, mop the floors for $7.25 that should satisfy you

We have people who have had careers for 20 years find themselves without a job. People who have proved to be hard workers, trustworthy, creative. Suddenly, business rolls back...lays off to preserve profits

And conservatives blame the victim

If I was 15 years younger I would pack up my camping gear and join them.

15 years ago I was too busy working 3 jobs to whine about not getting government handouts.

Those guys in the suits got it right. These bums should get a fucking job.

15 years ago there were jobs, lots of jobs. Now, there are around 16 million that are unemployed and about 3.5 available million jobs.

Vital Signs: 4.5 Unemployed for Each Job Opening
Vital Signs: 4.5 Unemployed for Each Job Opening - Real Time Economics - WSJ

Times have changed and banks aren't going nuts giving loans to small businesses.
Also, how many 100's of millions of dollars have banks paid out in fines for fraud and predatory loan practices in the last couple of years? And people are cheering for banks?

Maybe they need to move.

15 years ago I was too busy working 3 jobs to whine about not getting government handouts.

I'll bet to this day, you don't see anything wrong with the fact that you had to do that. Typical.

Just FYI, most of the protesters do have jobs. Pass the word on to those banker dopes.

Why would I think anything was wrong with it? The reason I am where iam today is because of my work ethic.

I've been working since i was 15 (I lied about my age to get my first job) By the time I was 16 I was managing the dairy dept of a local grocery store working 35+ hours a week my junior and senior years of high school. Still managed to play football and graduated in the top 10 of my class too.

(applause in background)

Try this one:

Began as paper boy in 1944...I was nine years old. Pay $3.60 per week

Began to mow lawns in 1946.I was eleven years old. Averaged $20 per week

Continued both papers and mowing and began to buy my own clothes when I was fourteen
went in debt for my first car before I was able to drive it legally

Began working at a full service garage when I was barely sixteen

Worked 40 hrs junior and senior year HS and 60 hours during summers $0.60 per hour

Hired at a Uranium processing plant in 1952...rotating shift. Pay $1.71 per hour

Worked five years and was drafted Pay...$73 per month

Returned in 1959 and continued my job as process operator pay $3.10 per hour
The company gave me seniority credit for the time I was in the army, continued in national guards

I play keyboards and piano so I was drawing checks from three places when my kids were young. My regular job, the national guards and playing when I could with small bands and combos. Discharged from guards in 1964 as a tank commander on an M-48 Medium Patton Tank

Was layed off because of seniority in February 1961 but relocated to the data processing center where they were installing a new $2.5 million main frame computer. Continued to work rotating shift work. Took a $200 a month cut...about 30%.

Worked about 18 months, learned to program in C T and Fortran 1 and made shift supervisor. With overtime about $700 a month.

In 1968 was set up to computer operations supervisor over three shifts and 40 employees. Pay...approximately $800 a month but worked straight days

Our center had $66 million of computing and telecommunications equipment installed on 18,000 sq. ft. of floating floor. Our power bill to TVA was over half a million dollars per year and the center required over 400 tons of refrigeration.

25 years later I retired after 41 years with the same company. Good pension and at age 62 began to draw social security...about $48,000 per year total. My wife has a similar career path and between the two of us and her part time job we make about $75,000 per year.

We both have a high school education but I did go to an electronics school for about two and a half years in the mid 1960's.

We have a 4br brick rancher with 220ft. lake frontage. I have a dock, well pump in the lake with six well spaced outlets for irrigation. I have a pontoon boat with a 115hp Evinrude engine and we hit the lake every once in a while for a little fishing etc.

I'm totally in support of the protesters.This government has been taken over by corporations and the wealthy and through fair means or foul it's time to take it back.

Selah

Last edited:
Some posters here keep on posting like there are all kinds of jobs out there.
Problem is, facts show there aren't the jobs out there! I hate getting redundant but here we go again, there are less than 3.5 million jobs available, there are 16 million people unemployed. Now do the math and stop the nonsense.

I say...good for them

Thanks

I enjoyed that......typical blame the victim mentality of conservatives. Everything is fine, anyone who can't get a career position is lazy and a loser. Pick yourself up by your bootstraps son......here wash some dishes, mop the floors for $7.25 that should satisfy you

We have people who have had careers for 20 years find themselves without a job. People who have proved to be hard workers, trustworthy, creative. Suddenly, business rolls back...lays off to preserve profits

That's right, anyone that can't get a career is either lazy, lacks ambition or the education required. Which of these describes your children?

Many of careers were launched by first mopping floors and washing dishes. Why is that kind of work beneath you? I would do either job in a heart beat if I had to.

Lay offs happen, being in the construction business as I am it's pretty much a way of life. Fortunately here in Texas a man that has initiative and ambition doesn't stay laid off very long.

Hard to blame the victim of a lay off, but I do blame them if they sit collecting unemployment for 99 weeks then bitch cause they can't find a job.

Those guys in the suits got it right. These bums should get a fucking job.

15 years ago there were jobs, lots of jobs. Now, there are around 16 million that are unemployed and about 3.5 available million jobs.

Vital Signs: 4.5 Unemployed for Each Job Opening
Vital Signs: 4.5 Unemployed for Each Job Opening - Real Time Economics - WSJ

Times have changed and banks aren't going nuts giving loans to small businesses.
Also, how many 100's of millions of dollars have banks paid out in fines for fraud and predatory loan practices in the last couple of years? And people are cheering for banks?

Maybe they need to move.

To China?

Problem is, facts show there aren't the jobs out there! I hate getting redundant but here we go again, there are less than 3.5 million jobs available, there are 16 million people unemployed. Now do the math and stop the nonsense.

If there are 16 million unemployed then why is there any jobs left to be had? I guess none of those 16 million wants one of those 3.5 million jobs.

well look at it this way, if it wasn't for the rich, many of whom either invented something,or sold the products they invented, we would all be living outdoors, defecating in public, handing out written messages to one-another being we have no electronic means of communication, we wouldn't have penthouse magazine, clean water, and McDonalds. Can anyone imagine life without any of those basic human luxuries?

Wall Street does not invent anything. Nothing is produced on Wall Street. What they do is move money from one place to another and become uber wealthy by doing it. It was the poor decisions of Wall Street that caused this crisis and they were the first to be rescued and the first to get their mega bonuses

We are at their mercy. We are the ones who pay the real price for Wall Street indulgences. And we are tired of it

So you blame wall street for the bailouts?

Wall street would have gotten nothing if it werent for congress.

How can you be angry at wall street for that?

I dont blame them for asking....but I certainly dont blame them for getting it.

I blame congress.

You dont?

Why?

The truth is everybody shares their own little shard of guilt. It's everyone's fault.

It's the fault of the employer who won't hire someone who's unemployed considering economic recession. It's the fault of the looker who doesn't move on to other possibilities, it's the fault of congress for doing nothing but making it more difficult to start a business.

It's EVERYONE'S fault.

Bullshit.

I say...good for them

I find it hard to believe the people that are out there protesting have done much to build a career. Are they hoping to turn pooping in the street and sexual assault into careers?

I don't doubt that some people have problems finding a job that will lead somewhere, but it seems to me that too many people in today's generation want these careers on their own terms and it has NEVER worked like that. When you go to work for a company and look to put yourself in a position to rise in that company, you have to put your efforts into making the company it's best. A lot of younger people ask not what they can do for the employer, they ask what the employer can do for them.

There are unrealistic expections as well. Many of them want to go to work on Monday and be running the place by Thursday. When that doesn't happen, the say they are being held back.

Not to mention the simple fact that none of this is Wall Streets doing or the bankers doing. (I do find it funny that the blame has jumped yet again, but nobody can seem to agree on the target.) This is the result of years of government bullshit. Regulations and policies that have slowly made the cost of living rise again and again, largely created by politicians that were put in office by the people who now cheer these "occupy protesters".

Now that some people are drowning in the muck they championed, like good little douchebags, they point a finger at some the easiest people to make the bad guy and say it's all their fault.

As for the protesters themselves, take away the media attention and the free meals and this thing is over in a week.

I say...good for them

Thanks

'Victim' of what? My guess would be your kids have the same entitlement mentality you do, that just becuase they went through college they deserve a 'career'.
A career starts with getting a job. If you can't do your job well then you aren't going to progress. Their going to start at the bottom no matter where they start at.

If there just aren't enough jobs out there that are being hired for...hmmm, your solution is to tax those companies and "rich people" even more? :cuckoo: Its because of libtards like you that companies aren't hiring, not conservatives. Conservatives want an environment where companies aren't burdened by a greedy government. Companies are not hiring because they know when Obamacare kicks in fully they will have to make more cuts.

If there are 16 million unemployed then why is there any jobs left to be had? I guess none of those 16 million wants one of those 3.5 million jobs.

They have posted 40 open jobs where I work in the last week alone. But they aren't jobs that start out with six figure salaries and endless perks for someone walking in off the street, and those apparently don't count. It's better to sit and bitch than to take a job that is deemed beneath people who pee in the street.

the basic premise behind OWS was not about getting jobs.
I saw the clip of that "job table". I did not have the opportunity to see what was edited out....so I dont know how anyone can be sure as to what percentage didnt fill oput the applications.

The attitude of the young sheep these days is that there are many jobs that are beneath them.

I had a friend of mine ask if his daughter could work for me but I do not hire anyone under the age of 18.

Now my wife and I have been looking for someone to clean our house once a week. Nothing too heavy just the usual vacuuming and washing floors. I offered $50 a week for what would amount to less than 3 hours work. You know what she said?

"I'm not going to clean anyone's house I don't care how much it pays"

So there ya go.
So all it takes is the belligerence of one spoiled brat to form a bias in your mind? What does that say about you?

Means one thing...the OWS got their attention.

Don't they get it The upper 1% in this country have quadrupled their wealth in the last 15 years while average salaries have stagnated when adjusted for inflation. Add to that the government handing the banks a trillion dollars of taxpayer's money with no strings attached. Add to that the 20,000,000 when those who are no longer looking are added to the unemployed. Add to that the 50,000,000 Americans with no health insurance. Add to that the fact that corporations own our politicians lock, stock and barrel through campaign contributions and high paid lobbyists.

This is phase one of a move which will ultimately have a permanant effect on politicians and tax structure in this country. Why do you think the approval rate of the congress is in single digits

If I was 15 years younger I would pack up my camping gear and join them.

Or maybe these bankers were actually going to a J.O.B. and just now had time to tell them to do the same.

Yes, lets blame the poor for their own condition.

Stupid poor, always being poor. What assholes.

They deserve to be poor. That's why they were born poor.

All hail our new caste system.

Most people who are poor - are poor in one way or another by their own actions or inactions.
Most.

Fact (again): there are 10 unemployed people for every 4 job openings. It is therefore impossible for everyone currently unemployed to find work.

Nothing said since I posted that has been any kind of direct response, either to contest it or to acknowledge it.

Once again, we see that the right is not fact-based.

well look at it this way, if it wasn't for the rich, many of whom either invented something,or sold the products they invented, we would all be living outdoors, defecating in public, handing out written messages to one-another being we have no electronic means of communication, we wouldn't have penthouse magazine, clean water, and McDonalds. Can anyone imagine life without any of those basic human luxuries?

Wall Street does not invent anything. Nothing is produced on Wall Street. What they do is move money from one place to another and become uber wealthy by doing it. It was the poor decisions of Wall Street that caused this crisis and they were the first to be rescued and the first to get their mega bonuses

We are at their mercy. We are the ones who pay the real price for Wall Street indulgences. And we are tired of it

So you blame wall street for the bailouts?

Wall street would have gotten nothing if it werent for congress.

How can you be angry at wall street for that?

I dont blame them for asking....but I certainly dont blame them for getting it.

I blame congress.

You dont?

Why?
Who do you suppose bribes the Congress to remove regulations and modify laws to facilitate the super-rich? You need to step back and get a better look at the big picture.

Forum List

Back