Bankers taunt OWS

Those same FDR policies prolonged the Great Depression by years. Those policies didn't end the depression, the war ended the depression. Raise taxes and you just won't get jobs of any kind. Unless you want the government to be the primary employer. In which case we will have the economy of cold war Russia.
While the War did indeed amplify the economic stimulus it was FDR's 91% maximum progressive tax rate that nourished it.

We don't need a two-front war to serve our present need. What we need is redistribution of the wealth which has been looted from the 99% by the 1%, which will be accomplished by a tax adjustment and commencement of a nationwide infrastructure renovation. That will instantly create tens of thousands of jobs and restore many of the industries which have been exported to China, India and Mexico. It worked in the 40s and it will work now.

As for the Russia example: Russia's problem is it was economically devastated by WW-II. The U.S. is far from being economically devastated. We have the wealth and the resources. What we need are adjusted distribution and stimulus.

What we don't need are the goddam billionaires and mega-millionaires. Their maneuverings and manipulations are what brought about the problem.

I refuse to believe anyone is really that stupid. Honestly. You really believe that people who have wealth looted it from other people? Really? Are you 12? Did your parents drop you on your head as a baby? Since you are posting here, I assume you are either using a PC running Windows or a Mac. When you bought that PC running the software it runs, were you buying a product from a corporation that originated in someone's garage or did a couple of corporate, fat cat, rich guys steal the money out of your pitiful little pocketbook? Why don't you help rightwinger with the search for polyps I suggested to him earlier. Redistribution of wealth.......geez, talking shit like that will keep ypu from being taken seriously be most intelligent posters. Moron.

Ame®icano;4422373 said:
Replying to underlined and highlighted bold...

No strings? Interest and penalties are no strings?

Banks returned the money, with interest. Can you explain where is that money now?

The bankers offloaded all their bad debt onto the Fed & GSE's. They are $Trillions away from squaring things with rest of us.

Ame®icano;4422373 said:
Replying to underlined and highlighted bold...

Banks returned the money, with interest. Can you explain where is that money now?

The bankers offloaded all their bad debt onto the Fed & GSE's. They are $Trillions away from squaring things with rest of us.

Really? What do they owe you personally?

Fact (again): there are 10 unemployed people for every 4 job openings. It is therefore impossible for everyone currently unemployed to find work.

Nothing said since I posted that has been any kind of direct response, either to contest it or to acknowledge it.

Once again, we see that the right is not fact-based.

I have posted facts from the Department of Labor and even the Wall Strret Journal showing that there aren't even close to enough jobs for all the unemployed. I have had some people "quote" a post listing those facts and then whine that people are lazy and there are plenty of jobs out there, blan blah, blah and talking points abound!. It totally amazes me how out of touch with reality some people are, my guess is all they look for are talking points, no news, just talking points.

3.5 million jobs is quite a bit of jobs. Wouldn't you say? With 16 million people supposedly looking for jobs you'd think these jobs wouldn't still be available.

Explain to me why these jobs remain open?

Explain to me why when OWS were given the chance to apply for available jobs the majority of them refused?

I can only surmise that these OWS idiots don't really want a job.

Because raising taxes improves unemployment, right?
Raising taxes at this time will reduce unemployment (not "improve" it) by creating tens of thousands of jobs in the productive, completely beneficial and necessary effort of infrastructure renovation and repair.

The effort will emulate FDR's eminently effective CCC (Civilian Construction Corps) program -- which put food on my own family's table during the Great Depression. My own father was employed in the CCC program (building and repairing roads in upstate New York) and was able to send money home.

So if you're going to say Obama's jobs program won't work I'll be the first to say you don't know what you're talking about. Raising taxes on the super-rich is the key to solving our most pressing economic problem -- unemployment.

Those same FDR policies prolonged the Great Depression by years. Those policies didn't end the depression, the war ended the depression. Raise taxes and you just won't get jobs of any kind. Unless you want the government to be the primary employer. In which case we will have the economy of cold war Russia.

Bullshit

The first regular job my daddy ever had was on the WPA making a few dollars a week. He ended up as a supervisor in Oak Ridge, TN and provided for his family until they were all on their own. He had a 9th grade education but a work ethic which would compete with any prick at this forum. You people make my ass crave lemon juice

Last edited:
“We failed to close the stock exchange, but we took back our park,” said Adam Farooqui, 25, of Queens. “That was a real victory.”

You were "allowed" back in dumb ass...minus all your crap,no tents,no sleeping bags,no sleeping...no nothin. Real victory....Mayor Mike and the NYC citizens who were screwed over because of you jack asses.

Or maybe these bankers were actually going to a J.O.B. and just now had time to tell them to do the same.

Yes, lets blame the poor for their own condition.

Stupid poor, always being poor. What assholes.

They deserve to be poor. That's why they were born poor.

All hail our new caste system.

Let me introduce you to the US of A, the greatest nation on the face of the Earth where any person who wants to can improve their condition very easily. It starts with free public schools and minimum wage jobs where you can build a work ethic and job skills. It continues with trade schools or community colleges which are far less costly than the universities. There is assistance for those with low incomes. All one need do is study hard, work hard, keep their nose clean and make good choices. Do that, and you are on your way to having a much better condition.

Now you can work your way through college just have the same job you had working your way through college.

We still have the foundation, just no jobs to get.

Raising taxes at this time will reduce unemployment (not "improve" it) by creating tens of thousands of jobs in the productive, completely beneficial and necessary effort of infrastructure renovation and repair.

The effort will emulate FDR's eminently effective CCC (Civilian Construction Corps) program -- which put food on my own family's table during the Great Depression. My own father was employed in the CCC program (building and repairing roads in upstate New York) and was able to send money home.

So if you're going to say Obama's jobs program won't work I'll be the first to say you don't know what you're talking about. Raising taxes on the super-rich is the key to solving our most pressing economic problem -- unemployment.

Bullshit

The first regular job my daddy ever had was on the WPA making a few dollars a week. He ended up as a supervisor in Oak Ridge, TN and provided for his family until they were all on their own. He had a 9th grade education but a work ethic which would compete with any prick at this forum. You people make my ass crave lemon juice

And back then you could support your family with one income.

15 years ago there were jobs, lots of jobs. Now, there are around 16 million that are unemployed and about 3.5 available million jobs.

Vital Signs: 4.5 Unemployed for Each Job Opening
Vital Signs: 4.5 Unemployed for Each Job Opening - Real Time Economics - WSJ

Times have changed and banks aren't going nuts giving loans to small businesses.
Also, how many 100's of millions of dollars have banks paid out in fines for fraud and predatory loan practices in the last couple of years? And people are cheering for banks?

Maybe they need to move.

To China?

I hear they have jobs.

ame®icano;4422373 said:
replying to underlined and highlighted bold...

the bankers offloaded all their bad debt onto the fed & gse's. They are $trillions away from squaring things with rest of us.

really? What do they owe you personally?

They screwed me out of $80,000.

Financial Rescue Pledges Top $12.8 Trillion

Last edited:

Bullshit

And back then you could support your family with one income.

Yep...mamas stayed home, did the cooking, the cleaning, the laundry, had a little vegetable garden and raised the kids. Daddy rode to work in a car with four other men and drove one day each week. Husbands mowed the lawn and trimmed the hedges on weekends. College was hard to come by but if a street smart person with common sense wanted to they could make a pretty good living without one. Nearly all men served in the military and very few women. Few could afford vacations every year and there usually were no savings. Most people figured they would eek by their old age on social security.

The unions came along and began to fix things so an average family could expect more. Fair wages, hospitaliation, a couple of weeks vacation with pay, sick leave, a meagar pension etc. Both parents began to work. The kids were sent to a nursery. The companies sold two cars instead of one, Nurseries sprang up all over the country.
The wealthy couldn't stand it. The very idea. Peons acting like somebody...peons getting ahead. Peon's kids thinking about going to college.

In the late 40's and 50's a corporate executive earned about 10-15 times what a carpenter earned. By the 1970's that multiplier had grown to 50 times. Last year an average CEO made about 550 times what an average worker earned.

In the last 15 years the rich have quadrupled their wealth while wages for everyone else have stagnated. Roll Over Beethoven.

Last edited:
Yes, lets blame the poor for their own condition.

Stupid poor, always being poor. What assholes.

They deserve to be poor. That's why they were born poor.

All hail our new caste system.

Let me introduce you to the US of A, the greatest nation on the face of the Earth where any person who wants to can improve their condition very easily. It starts with free public schools and minimum wage jobs where you can build a work ethic and job skills. It continues with trade schools or community colleges which are far less costly than the universities. There is assistance for those with low incomes. All one need do is study hard, work hard, keep their nose clean and make good choices. Do that, and you are on your way to having a much better condition.

That is the American dream. What millions of kids in their 20s have found out is that if you hold up your end, work low paying jobs, go to college .....there are no jobs when you get out. You end up competing for that same minimum wage job

Look at the kids who did there part and joined the military. They did their 3-4 years, developed skills, went to college when they got out........still no jobs

Only about 2% of the jobs are minimum wage.
The smart people are competing for the other 98% of jobs.

That is the American dream. What millions of kids in their 20s have found out is that if you hold up your end, work low paying jobs, go to college .....there are no jobs when you get out. You end up competing for that same minimum wage job

Look at the kids who did there part and joined the military. They did their 3-4 years, developed skills, went to college when they got out........still no jobs

Only about 2% of the jobs are minimum wage.
The smart people are competing for the other 98% of jobs.

The point is there are no jobs that would be considered careers or career paths

Jobs you can support a family on, jobs with benefits...

Fact (again): there are 10 unemployed people for every 4 job openings. It is therefore impossible for everyone currently unemployed to find work.

Nothing said since I posted that has been any kind of direct response, either to contest it or to acknowledge it.

Once again, we see that the right is not fact-based.

I have posted facts from the Department of Labor and even the Wall Strret Journal showing that there aren't even close to enough jobs for all the unemployed. I have had some people "quote" a post listing those facts and then whine that people are lazy and there are plenty of jobs out there, blan blah, blah and talking points abound!. It totally amazes me how out of touch with reality some people are, my guess is all they look for are talking points, no news, just talking points.

3.5 million jobs is quite a bit of jobs. Wouldn't you say? With 16 million people supposedly looking for jobs you'd think these jobs wouldn't still be available.

Explain to me why these jobs remain open?

Explain to me why when OWS were given the chance to apply for available jobs the majority of them refused?

I can only surmise that these OWS idiots don't really want a job.

I have the updated figures as of Novemeber from the Department of Labor.
Total Job Openings-3.4 Millon Job Openings
Job Openings and Labor Turnover Summary
Total Unemployed-13.9 Million
Employment Situation Summary

"Explain to me why these jobs remain open?"
Ever heard of the revolving job market? Some jobs are temporary, some are Contract Jobs, some people have been let go, some are seasonal jobs and some are new jobs.

Last edited:
Thanks

I enjoyed that......typical blame the victim mentality of conservatives. Everything is fine, anyone who can't get a career position is lazy and a loser. Pick yourself up by your bootstraps son......here wash some dishes, mop the floors for $7.25 that should satisfy you

We have people who have had careers for 20 years find themselves without a job. People who have proved to be hard workers, trustworthy, creative. Suddenly, business rolls back...lays off to preserve profits

And conservatives blame the victim

That's right, anyone that can't get a career is either lazy, lacks ambition or the education required. Which of these describes your children?

Many of careers were launched by first mopping floors and washing dishes. Why is that kind of work beneath you? I would do either job in a heart beat if I had to.

Lay offs happen, being in the construction business as I am it's pretty much a way of life. Fortunately here in Texas a man that has initiative and ambition doesn't stay laid off very long.

Hard to blame the victim of a lay off, but I do blame them if they sit collecting unemployment for 99 weeks then bitch cause they can't find a job.

That remark is so full of shit. You've just never had to see the other side of American life. There are at least ten million who had a job but now have been laid of and are on food stamps. Don't you people ever read a goddamed thing. We almost had another great depression. Just how long can you remember something

Remember the market tanking

Remember the economy bleeding 120,000 jobs a month in early 2009

Remember the banks continuing to travel cross country to luxurious hotels and doling out bonuses

Remember AIG being TOO BIG TO FAIL

No...I guess all that shit never happened
Yeah, I remember....I also remember that your party of choice had the presidency and both houses of congress . What did it do? I'll tell you what it did; it passed a "stimulus bill" that spent three quarters of a TRILLION dollars, and created ...how many jobs was that, again? *crickets* How many jobs? How much "infrastructure repaired? *crickets* . Oh, but they did manage to pass Obama's Legacy"-a healthcare bill 70% of Americans TOLD them they didn't want! Pass a budget? *crickets* Regulate business by executive fiat? Yep, did that, and created how many jobs? *crickets*. Get this straight, democrats; you had your chance, you had control, you had two years....and YOU BLEW IT! Last November, the people of America sent you and Obama a message about that. Did you change course? Come up with something new? Nope, you went right on with the same failed policies, only now, you couldn't ram them down the other side's throat-didn't stop you, or Obama, from trying, though, did it? Not that the other side is all that much better, but given your miserable track record on this issue, somehow, I don't think blaming an administration that's been out of office for over three years now is going to help you much. You promised to fix the problem, you campaigned on it, you got it, you failed, and you own that failure! Once again, the tired Leftist mantras of the last forty years have been tried....and found wanting! We're going to remind the people of what you promised, and what you failed to do, and my guess is, that come November 2012, they are going to fire you at the polls, and let the other party try. They could hardly do worse! It was a national temper tantrum that swept you into office, and I predict another one is going to sweep you out of office!

While the War did indeed amplify the economic stimulus it was FDR's 91% maximum progressive tax rate that nourished it.

We don't need a two-front war to serve our present need. What we need is redistribution of the wealth which has been looted from the 99% by the 1%, which will be accomplished by a tax adjustment and commencement of a nationwide infrastructure renovation. That will instantly create tens of thousands of jobs and restore many of the industries which have been exported to China, India and Mexico. It worked in the 40s and it will work now.

As for the Russia example: Russia's problem is it was economically devastated by WW-II. The U.S. is far from being economically devastated. We have the wealth and the resources. What we need are adjusted distribution and stimulus.

What we don't need are the goddam billionaires and mega-millionaires. Their maneuverings and manipulations are what brought about the problem.
That's not what your party advocates, Mike. You know, and I know, that they would , if they could, extend confiscatory levels of taxation like you want right down to not just the Mega millionaires but to small business entrepreneurs, including retired ones like me. You would happily take from me the rewards of a lifetime of hard work and achievement, and give it to someone else, because you just flat hate anyone who isn't a Left-wing, Marxist redistributionist, and isn't a pacifist, and if they have achieved anything in life, you believe they must have stolen it from "working people". I have not cheated anyone. I have not "exploited" anyone, and I damn sure haven't "stolen" my wealth from anyone; not from you, not from your precious union thugs, not from "the poor". You have nothing to sell but an ideology of hate and envy. You would use the power of government to take form me, or anyone else who has achieved more than you think they "should", and give it to whoever you favor politically. You wonder why I consider people like you my mortal enemies? Do you really.? Well, if you wanted an enemy, you have made one, and I will do whatever I can to work against anything that helps you, or anyone like you. Don't like that? Then GO TO HELL!. Here's my answer-YOU want what I have, don't have government steal it for you-have the stones to come try take it yourself. You wouldn't have the guts to try, not even bare hands to bare hands, and I think you know that.

NO COMPROMISE, NO NEGOTIATING, NO SURRENDER, NO COOPERATION WITH THE LEFT, EVER! See you in hell, or on the field of battle!

If I was 15 years younger I would pack up my camping gear and join them.

15 years ago I was too busy working 3 jobs to whine about not getting government handouts.

Those guys in the suits got it right. These bums should get a fucking job.

Why even complain about the unemployment levels in this country?

Clearly it's just a matter of fact that those individuals simply don't want to 'get a job'.

You idiot.

That's right, anyone that can't get a career is either lazy, lacks ambition or the education required. Which of these describes your children?

Many of careers were launched by first mopping floors and washing dishes. Why is that kind of work beneath you? I would do either job in a heart beat if I had to.

Lay offs happen, being in the construction business as I am it's pretty much a way of life. Fortunately here in Texas a man that has initiative and ambition doesn't stay laid off very long.

Hard to blame the victim of a lay off, but I do blame them if they sit collecting unemployment for 99 weeks then bitch cause they can't find a job.

That remark is so full of shit. You've just never had to see the other side of American life. There are at least ten million who had a job but now have been laid of and are on food stamps. Don't you people ever read a goddamed thing. We almost had another great depression. Just how long can you remember something

Remember the market tanking

Remember the economy bleeding 120,000 jobs a month in early 2009

Remember the banks continuing to travel cross country to luxurious hotels and doling out bonuses

Remember AIG being TOO BIG TO FAIL

No...I guess all that shit never happened
Yeah, I remember....I also remember that your party of choice had the presidency and both houses of congress . What did it do? I'll tell you what it did; it passed a "stimulus bill" that spent three quarters of a TRILLION dollars, and created ...how many jobs was that, again? *crickets* How many jobs? How much "infrastructure repaired? *crickets* . Oh, but they did manage to pass Obama's Legacy"-a healthcare bill 70% of Americans TOLD them they didn't want! Pass a budget? *crickets* Regulate business by executive fiat? Yep, did that, and created how many jobs? *crickets*. Get this straight, democrats; you had your chance, you had control, you had two years....and YOU BLEW IT! Last November, the people of America sent you and Obama a message about that. Did you change course? Come up with something new? Nope, you went right on with the same failed policies, only now, you couldn't ram them down the other side's throat-didn't stop you, or Obama, from trying, though, did it? Not that the other side is all that much better, but given your miserable track record on this issue, somehow, I don't think blaming an administration that's been out of office for over three years now is going to help you much. You promised to fix the problem, you campaigned on it, you got it, you failed, and you own that failure! Once again, the tired Leftist mantras of the last forty years have been tried....and found wanting! We're going to remind the people of what you promised, and what you failed to do, and my guess is, that come November 2012, they are going to fire you at the polls, and let the other party try. They could hardly do worse! It was a national temper tantrum that swept you into office, and I predict another one is going to sweep you out of office!

Yeah...well that should be a no brainer since every Republican in the congress has vowed to put America aside and do nothing but keep Obama from being re elected. We'll wait and see...like Yogi said, "It Ain't Over Till It's Over."

Guess what...ever since FDR signed social security into effect the Republicans have hated it and attempted to do away with it at every turn. The Republicans liked it when the poverty stricken and infirm ended up on a county poor farm, called poor houses.

The wealthy throughout history have caused the downfall of nearly every empire...they finally get too greedy and too soft. Right now if a fight broke out most of the pussies on Wall St. wouldn't know where the trigger is located on a rifle.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back