Bankers taunt OWS

we dont hate rich people.

We hate the rich people who boguht and paid for the lack of legislation that caused this mess so they could get richer.

The real question is WHY DO YOU LOVE BEING OWNED BY THEM?

When were you elected spokesperson for the left?

Idiot.

Yes, lets blame the poor for their own condition.

Stupid poor, always being poor. What assholes.

They deserve to be poor. That's why they were born poor.

All hail our new caste system.

Let me introduce you to the US of A, the greatest nation on the face of the Earth where any person who wants to can improve their condition very easily. It starts with free public schools and minimum wage jobs where you can build a work ethic and job skills. It continues with trade schools or community colleges which are far less costly than the universities. There is assistance for those with low incomes. All one need do is study hard, work hard, keep their nose clean and make good choices. Do that, and you are on your way to having a much better condition.

That is the American dream. What millions of kids in their 20s have found out is that if you hold up your end, work low paying jobs, go to college .....there are no jobs when you get out. You end up competing for that same minimum wage job

Look at the kids who did there part and joined the military. They did their 3-4 years, developed skills, went to college when they got out........still no jobs

It's still the American dream and it's attainable. You glossed over the part where I said "make good choices". Spending $100,000 for a degree in medieval literature like my niece did is foolish. Actually, she has spent more than that as she has her masters and is working on phd. When some old gray haired professor at some small college dies, she might find a job in her field of study. Spending $100,000 for a degree in an engineering field will yield you a job upon graduation. Life is about choices. Always has been. Jobs are out there. Simply go to monster.com or some other job site and look. Will you compete with a lot of people for the job? Yes. Will they hire the best qualified (who made the good decisions)? Yes. Is it their job to provide every Tom, Dick and Harry with or without a college degree a good job? No. It's all about choices.

we dont hate rich people.
That is a lie! The OWS hate the rich, hate the successful, hate the corporation that employ a good chunk of Americans, hate the successful small business owners and hate capitialism. That is evident in every protest there is.

We hate the rich people who boguht and paid for the lack of legislation that caused this mess so they could get richer.
That is the biggest lie of the left. It was over-regulation and government intervention that caused the meltdown. The Community Reinvestment Act was the biggest culprit. Providing Fannie and Freddie the power to create and artificial secondary market was the 2nd, GLB was the third and businesses flee this country because over-regulation makes it too hard and expensive to do business here. Just wait until Obamacare kicks in in 2014, that regulation will be a killer!

The real question is WHY DO YOU LOVE BEING OWNED BY THEM?
The second liberal lie! Corporations own the world! I like my corp because they pay me well, match my 401(k) up to 4% and provide health insurance for my family and I!

well look at it this way, if it wasn't for the rich, many of whom either invented something,or sold the products they invented, we would all be living outdoors, defecating in public, handing out written messages to one-another being we have no electronic means of communication, we wouldn't have penthouse magazine, clean water, and McDonalds. Can anyone imagine life without any of those basic human luxuries?

Except it was not the rich who produced those things, they simply gave money to the people who DID in order to profit.

Don't pretend like wealthy are inherently valuable to the output in advancements of humans.

They are not. I would decry such thought myself as I am a scientist.

How did they become wealthy? Did Buffett, Jobs and Gates have magic beans that lead to the golden goose? Did they inherit it? Did they pull it out of their ass? Were they just "lucky"?

Means one thing...the OWS got their attention.

Don't they get it The upper 1% in this country have quadrupled their wealth in the last 15 years while average salaries have stagnated when adjusted for inflation. Add to that the government handing the banks a trillion dollars of taxpayer's money with no strings attached and not a banker missed a bonus. Add to that the 20,000,000 when those who are no longer looking are added to the unemployed. Add to that the 50,000,000 Americans with no health insurance. Add to that the fact that corporations own our politicians lock, stock and barrel through campaign contributions and high paid lobbyists.

This is phase one of a move which will ultimately have a permanant effect on politicians and tax structure in this country. Why do you think the approval rate of the congress is in single digits

If I was 15 years younger I would pack up my camping gear and join them. I retired 17 years ago and would have been able then. I remember my army days and I would have just imagined I was bivouacked.

What I highlighted.....

That is EXACTLY how it is supposed to be.

What do you want? Average salaries to increase at a rate GREATER than inflation?

Are you aware of what that will result in?

A quicker rate of inflation until it levels out and average salaries once again rise at the rate of inflation again.....

Get off the 1% thing.....they do not affect the prices the other 99% pay and for the most part, they enmploy much of the rest of the 99%.

Jeezus....you just dont get it.

Got news for you....

Take all of the money from the 1%ers and give it to the rest of the 99%ers and guess what? You will get a boner on the day it happens and a week later you will find that you have the same spedning power that you did before you got the money. A loaf of bread will cost you 40 bucks.

AND....

You will likely be out of a job becuase the 1%er decided it aint worth it anymore to have all of his money taken away fropm him...and he will shut down.

Last edited:
Let me introduce you to the US of A, the greatest nation on the face of the Earth where any person who wants to can improve their condition very easily. It starts with free public schools and minimum wage jobs where you can build a work ethic and job skills. It continues with trade schools or community colleges which are far less costly than the universities. There is assistance for those with low incomes. All one need do is study hard, work hard, keep their nose clean and make good choices. Do that, and you are on your way to having a much better condition.

That is the American dream. What millions of kids in their 20s have found out is that if you hold up your end, work low paying jobs, go to college .....there are no jobs when you get out. You end up competing for that same minimum wage job

Look at the kids who did there part and joined the military. They did their 3-4 years, developed skills, went to college when they got out........still no jobs

It's still the American dream and it's attainable. You glossed over the part where I said "make good choices". Spending $100,000 for a degree in medieval literature like my niece did is foolish. Actually, she has spent more than that as she has her masters and is working on phd. When some old gray haired professor at some small college dies, she might find a job in her field of study. Spending $100,000 for a degree in an engineering field will yield you a job upon graduation. Life is about choices. Always has been. Jobs are out there. Simply go to monster.com or some other job site and look. Will you compete with a lot of people for the job? Yes. Will they hire the best qualified (who made the good decisions)? Yes. Is it their job to provide every Tom, Dick and Harry with or without a college degree a good job? No. It's all about choices.

Frivolous degrees don't help, but that's not our only problem.

Bet there are thousands of College Graduates willing to occupy that desk

They were offered jobs, none accepted.

Show me

There was a video clip shown not too long ago that showed how readily the OWS crowd was willing to fill out job applications. I think out of the thirty or so I watched only one accepted an application.

Fact is there are hundreds if not thousands of jobs available. Why the OWS crowd refuses to take advantage of them is beyond me.

well look at it this way, if it wasn't for the rich, many of whom either invented something,or sold the products they invented, we would all be living outdoors, defecating in public, handing out written messages to one-another being we have no electronic means of communication, we wouldn't have penthouse magazine, clean water, and McDonalds. Can anyone imagine life without any of those basic human luxuries?

Wall Street does not invent anything. Nothing is produced on Wall Street. What they do is move money from one place to another and become uber wealthy by doing it. It was the poor decisions of Wall Street that caused this crisis and they were the first to be rescued and the first to get their mega bonuses

We are at their mercy. We are the ones who pay the real price for Wall Street indulgences. And we are tired of it

OWS-Desk-Job.jpg

Means one thing...the OWS got their attention.

Don't they get it The upper 1% in this country have quadrupled their wealth in the last 15 years while average salaries have stagnated when adjusted for inflation. Add to that the government handing the banks a trillion dollars of taxpayer's money with no strings attached and not a banker missed a bonus. Add to that the 20,000,000 when those who are no longer looking are added to the unemployed. Add to that the 50,000,000 Americans with no health insurance. Add to that the fact that corporations own our politicians lock, stock and barrel through campaign contributions and high paid lobbyists.

This is phase one of a move which will ultimately have a permanant effect on politicians and tax structure in this country. Why do you think the approval rate of the congress is in single digits

If I was 15 years younger I would pack up my camping gear and join them. I retired 17 years ago and would have been able then. I remember my army days and I would have just imagined I was bivouacked.

What I highlighted.....

That is EXACTLY how it is supposed to be.

What do you want? Average salaries to increase at a rate GREATER than inflation?

Are you aware of what that will result in?

A quicker rate of inflation until it levels out and average salaries once again rise at the rate of inflation again.....

Get off the 1% thing.....they do not affect the prices the other 99% pay and for the most part, they enmploy much of the rest of the 99%.

Jeezus....you just dont get it.

Got news for you....

Take all of the money from the 1%ers and give it to the rest of the 99%ers and guess what? You will get a boner on the day it happens and a week later you will find that you have the same spedning power that you did before you got the money. A loaf of bread will cost you 40 bucks.

AND....

You will likely be out of a job becuase the 1%er decided it aint worth it anymore to have all of his money taken away fropm him...and he will shut down.

Except that the line for those who pay federal taxes does change with inflation, meaning less people pay federal tax, and less federal taxes, than ever before.

Wall Street does not invent anything. Nothing is produced on Wall Street. What they do is move money from one place to another and become uber wealthy by doing it. It was the poor decisions of Wall Street that caused this crisis and they were the first to be rescued and the first to get their mega bonuses

We are at their mercy. We are the ones who pay the real price for Wall Street indulgences. And we are tired of it

So you blame wall street for the bailouts?

Wall street would have gotten nothing if it werent for congress.

How can you be angry at wall street for that?

I dont blame them for asking....but I certainly dont blame them for getting it.

I blame congress.

You dont?

Why?

No, the other problem is a government that has become anti-business. Government needs to get the hell out of the way and let the market balance itself. Companies that fail.....need to fail. Taxing the hell out of job creators stagnates job creation. Over regulation costs money that could be spent on R&D and a variety of other things beneficial to a business. If government would stop trying to fix everything and be all things to all people, you'd see an immediate change.

Both The right and the left have grown the role of Government to a point where corruption has dominated this country. Under Bush with first a Republican and then a Democrat congress rich got richer through corruption. Under Obama with a Dem congress and Rep congress the rich got richer through corruption. That is the correct answer.

I fully understand the good intensions of Government programs, and I don’t debate that they work on paper with limited context. But real world applications have proven through history that Government is nothing more than a body of people who are just as easily corruptible as any privet corporation. The difference between a privet corporation and Government when it comes to accountability is Government writes the laws and confiscates your money. A privet business depends on the public to buy a product, competition even when they have a monopoly and the people have a choice to buy the product or not using their money, it’s not directly stolen from them.

I understand crime happens, I know that a business can steal money from people but in order to do so a few things must happen. The Business must break a law or buy Congress people to change or make new laws… Again the difference is with Government taking your money with their monopoly is when they break laws they investigate themselves and nothing changes.

While small Government is not a perfect system I think it’s safe to say that a large overwhelming Government has proven time and time again to be the most destructive force to freedom, prosperity and “fairness” that the world has ever seen. Not to mention it's the #1 killer of human life on the planet.

Last edited:

While you have your head up there, you might want to check for polyps. :eusa_whistle:

So you blame wall street for the bailouts?

Wall street would have gotten nothing if it werent for congress.

How can you be angry at wall street for that?

I dont blame them for asking....but I certainly dont blame them for getting it.

I blame congress.

You dont?

Why?

This is correct. Without Government bailing out the rich the correction would have happened... But Bush and Obama wouldn't let that happen because there was to much money to be made.

It's really pretty basic stuff...

No, the other problem is a government that has become anti-business. Government needs to get the hell out of the way and let the market balance itself. Companies that fail.....need to fail. Taxing the hell out of job creators stagnates job creation. Over regulation costs money that could be spent on R&D and a variety of other things beneficial to a business. If government would stop trying to fix everything and be all things to all people, you'd see an immediate change.

That I COMPLETELY agree with, I've had so much trouble getting funding for my patent because of the regulations. Elan Musk himself said he can't fund us because he doesn't know what the market would be like by the time we get the money.

There is a single question that if answered ends the whole debate... TM, RW and other hacks on the left... Who gave wall street (the rich) all of this money (tax payer money, middle class money ect...)?

Now give an honest answer to that question if that is possible for you to do.

That I COMPLETELY agree with, I've had so much trouble getting funding for my patent because of the regulations. Elan Musk himself said he can't fund us because he doesn't know what the market would be like by the time we get the money.

See the difference between the right and left's solutions. For the left, corporations, businesses and people with wealth are greedy and inherently evil. They must be stopped. They need to be more heavily regulated. They must pay their "fair share" which is just a grab for money. The government must take that money and then turn around and provide temporary jobs to turn the economy around. For the right, it's reduce their tax burden and regulations to intice companies to return offshore operations to the US. Companies go overseas because it's cheaper and easier to do business. Make it cheaper and easier to do business here and you'll see a boom like you've never seen before. Get the government out of the way and let the market blalance. That's the difference between right and left solutions.

Forum List

Back