Bankers taunt OWS

OWS-Desk-Job.jpg

Means one thing...the OWS got their attention.

Don't they get it The upper 1% in this country have quadrupled their wealth in the last 15 years while average salaries have stagnated when adjusted for inflation. Add to that the government handing the banks a trillion dollars of taxpayer's money with no strings attached. Add to that the 20,000,000 when those who are no longer looking are added to the unemployed. Add to that the 50,000,000 Americans with no health insurance. Add to that the fact that corporations own our politicians lock, stock and barrel through campaign contributions and high paid lobbyists.

This is phase one of a move which will ultimately have a permanant effect on politicians and tax structure in this country. Why do you think the approval rate of the congress is in single digits

If I was 15 years younger I would pack up my camping gear and join them.

Or maybe these bankers were actually going to a J.O.B. and just now had time to tell them to do the same.

Thanks to Bush, Paulson and Bernanke there's about 20,000,000 people in this country wanting a job. That's about four times the total population of my state.

Every Republican run during my lifetime has resulted in a higher rate of unemployment than the rate they assumed but this time it was rediculous. Jobs were bleeding off at 120,000 per month.

Last edited:

Don't they get it The upper 1% in this country have quadrupled their wealth in the last 15 years while average salaries have stagnated when adjusted for inflation. Add to that the government handing the banks a trillion dollars of taxpayer's money with no strings attached. Add to that the 20,000,000 when those who are no longer looking are added to the unemployed. Add to that the 50,000,000 Americans with no health insurance. Add to that the fact that corporations own our politicians lock, stock and barrel through campaign contributions and high paid lobbyists.

This is phase one of a move which will ultimately have a permanant effect on politicians and tax structure in this country. Why do you think the approval rate of the congress is in single digits

Or maybe these bankers were actually going to a J.O.B. and just now had time to tell them to do the same.

Yes, lets blame the poor for their own condition.

Stupid poor, always being poor. What assholes.

They deserve to be poor. That's why they were born poor.

All hail our new caste system.

OWS people aren't poor. They are spoiled middle class kids. But if you aren't going to blame the poor for their condition then whom do you blame? Whom do you blame for your own condition?

Thanks to Bush, Paulson and Bernanke there's about 20,000,000 people in this country wanting a job. That's about four times the total population of my state.

Every Republican run during my lifetime has resulted in a higher rate of unemployment than the rate they assumed but this time it was rediculous.

So you mean Obama has not been president for 3 years and Geithner has not been Secretary of Treasury?

Let me introduce you to the US of A, the greatest nation on the face of the Earth where any person who wants to can improve their condition very easily. It starts with free public schools and minimum wage jobs where you can build a work ethic and job skills. It continues with trade schools or community colleges which are far less costly than the universities. There is assistance for those with low incomes. All one need do is study hard, work hard, keep their nose clean and make good choices. Do that, and you are on your way to having a much better condition.

That is the American dream. What millions of kids in their 20s have found out is that if you hold up your end, work low paying jobs, go to college .....there are no jobs when you get out. You end up competing for that same minimum wage job

Look at the kids who did there part and joined the military. They did their 3-4 years, developed skills, went to college when they got out........still no jobs

And you are in debt from your college education.

OWS people aren't poor. They are spoiled middle class kids. But if you aren't going to blame the poor for their condition then whom do you blame? Whom do you blame for your own condition?

The truth is everybody shares their own little shard of guilt. It's everyone's fault.

It's the fault of the employer who won't hire someone who's unemployed considering economic recession. It's the fault of the looker who doesn't move on to other possibilities, it's the fault of congress for doing nothing but making it more difficult to start a business.

It's EVERYONE'S fault.

The truth is everybody shares their own little shard of guilt. It's everyone's fault.

It's the fault of the employer who won't hire someone who's unemployed considering economic recession. It's the fault of the looker who doesn't move on to other possibilities, it's the fault of congress for doing nothing but making it more difficult to start a business.

It's EVERYONE'S fault.

The Party of No could care less about how many are unemployed. Right now they are on a mission to take back the white house and hold taxes down for corporations and the wealthy.

It's EVERYONE'S fault.

Bullshit.
If someone doesn't have a job, it's his fault. Look at the vids posted here over and over of kids looking at job applications and discarding them because "I dont want to work for them" or "I cant live on that wage." That's bullshit. Those are people who don't want a job.

It's EVERYONE'S fault.

The Party of No could care less about how many are unemployed. Right now they are on a mission to take back the white house and hold taxes down for corporations and the wealthy.

Because raising taxes improves unemployment, right?

It's EVERYONE'S fault.

Bullshit.
If someone doesn't have a job, it's his fault. Look at the vids posted here over and over of kids looking at job applications and discarding them because "I dont want to work for them" or "I cant live on that wage." That's bullshit. Those are people who don't want a job.

Wrong.

Let me introduce you to the US of A, the greatest nation on the face of the Earth where any person who wants to can improve their condition very easily. It starts with free public schools and minimum wage jobs where you can build a work ethic and job skills. It continues with trade schools or community colleges which are far less costly than the universities. There is assistance for those with low incomes. All one need do is study hard, work hard, keep their nose clean and make good choices. Do that, and you are on your way to having a much better condition.

that requires effort, as my oldest son in his 3rd year of college, would say.

I was as poor as poor gets when I got out of prison as a young adult. I now live a very comfortable life. The poor are responsible for themselves, PERIOD.

IF I COULD SUCCEED WITH ALL THE STRIKES AGAINST ME THEN THEY HAVE NO EXCUSES.

I was as poor as poor gets when I got out of prison as a young adult. I now live a very comfortable life. The poor are responsible for themselves, PERIOD.

You don't understand the concept of a recession, do you?

well look at it this way, if it wasn't for the rich, many of whom either invented something,or sold the products they invented, we would all be living outdoors, defecating in public, handing out written messages to one-another being we have no electronic means of communication, we wouldn't have penthouse magazine, clean water, and McDonalds. Can anyone imagine life without any of those basic human luxuries?
There always have been rich people in America and during those times when the Nation's wealth is more equitably distributed no one pays any attention to them. They buy their yachts and private planes, live in splendor with the best of everything and nobody cares.

Then greed sets in and some of the rich are not content with being merely rich but wish to be aristocrats so they set about bribing our elected officials to remove regulations and modify laws which control economic distribution and enable universal contentment. The rules quietly change. Demand-side gradually morphs into supply-side economics, which no one in the working class understands and which is destructive to the middle class.

Wealth distribution changes. Unions are dismantled. Wages stagnate. Corporations that became successful because of America's material and human resources betray the nation and its people by exporting jobs. Bankers and corporate oligarchs invent elaborate schemes by which to cheat people out of their savings, their pensions, their homes and their very livelihoods.

Inevitably the disenfranchised end up angered and demonstrating in the streets.

Soon there are petty aristocrats, protected by police barriers, well-dressed with pockets bulging and holding "Get A Job!" signs.

And the real tragedy is there are people like you, contented bottom-feeders, water-carriers and weak-minded lackeys, who seem to believe that if Edison didn't discover electric light no one else would have.

These are times that give rise to thoughts of justice and guillotines.

Last edited:

It's EVERYONE'S fault.

Bullshit.

Wrong.

Sez you...

well look at it this way, if it wasn't for the rich, many of whom either invented something,or sold the products they invented, we would all be living outdoors, defecating in public, handing out written messages to one-another being we have no electronic means of communication, we wouldn't have penthouse magazine, clean water, and McDonalds. Can anyone imagine life without any of those basic human luxuries?

Except it was not the rich who produced those things, they simply gave money to the people who DID in order to profit.

Don't pretend like wealthy are inherently valuable to the output in advancements of humans.

They are not. I would decry such thought myself as I am a scientist.

Yeah... it's called 'investing', dipshit. It's how a majority of this country was built. People investing in industry, in other people, etc.

Without those investments, we'd be at least 100 years behind the times.

You don't understand the concept of a recession, do you?

So you want to change our system and tax laws based on a TEMPORARY recession?

If them idiots need money or jobs they aren't going to find them at the end of their protest signs or in their tents. They are responsible for their own future just like the rest of us. Fuck em

Except it was not the rich who produced those things, they simply gave money to the people who DID in order to profit.

Don't pretend like wealthy are inherently valuable to the output in advancements of humans.

They are not. I would decry such thought myself as I am a scientist.

Yeah... it's called 'investing', dipshit. It's how a majority of this country was built. People investing in industry, in other people, etc.

Without those investments, we'd be at least 100 years behind the times.

Without the need for investments, we would be so much further ahead.

15 years ago I was too busy working 3 jobs to whine about not getting government handouts.

Those guys in the suits got it right. These bums should get a fucking job.

15 years ago there were jobs, lots of jobs. Now, there are around 16 million that are unemployed and about 3.5 available million jobs.

Vital Signs: 4.5 Unemployed for Each Job Opening
Vital Signs: 4.5 Unemployed for Each Job Opening - Real Time Economics - WSJ

Times have changed and banks aren't going nuts giving loans to small businesses.
Also, how many 100's of millions of dollars have banks paid out in fines for fraud and predatory loan practices in the last couple of years? And people are cheering for banks?

There are jobs.

You just have to go to where the jobs are

Finding jobs in America's Boomtown - Oct. 28, 2011

Any of the OW Sheep could get a great paying job in ND. But they won't because they would rather stand around in their own filth with their hands out chanting, Gimme, gimme, gimme!"

Forum List

Back