Bankers taunt OWS

Fact (again): there are 10 unemployed people for every 4 job openings. It is therefore impossible for everyone currently unemployed to find work.

Nothing said since I posted that has been any kind of direct response, either to contest it or to acknowledge it.

Once again, we see that the right is not fact-based.

I found myself out of a job once.. guess what? I created a job for myself.

You lefties aren't much for thinking outside the box are you?

:lol:

The truth is everybody shares their own little shard of guilt. It's everyone's fault.

It's the fault of the employer who won't hire someone who's unemployed considering economic recession. It's the fault of the looker who doesn't move on to other possibilities, it's the fault of congress for doing nothing but making it more difficult to start a business.

It's EVERYONE'S fault.

Bullshit. I'm dependent on one person. Me. End of story. I followed the "rules" to get ahead in life and now at 54, I'm living quite comfortably. It wasn't because anyone gave me anything. It was because of the choices I made and make. My 18 year old son is doing the same. In the final analysis, the only person you can depend on is yourself. Can you benefit from the kindness of others? Absolutely. But when the going gets tough, there is only one person looking out for you. You. You make your own luck in life. Other people's problems are noy MY fault.

So you spent 40 years trying to get yourself stabilized, and you don't think there is anything wrong with that?

40 years getting stabilized? Yeah, I see a problem with someone taking 40 years to get themself stabilised. If it takes them 40 years, they are doing something seriously wrong. I'm not sure where you got that idea about me. I was 22 when I graduated college. I got married at 23. I bought my first home when I was 27 and it was bigger than my parents house I grew up in. By the time I was 28, I was making more than my dad did after 30 years with his company. When I was 44 (10 years ago), I bought a house twice the size of my first house. Since I graduated college in 1979, I've never been a day without work and have steadily increased in income and accumulated wealth. I came from a blue collar family. There was no silver spoon in my mouth. My parents taught us by their own example that you stay out of trouble, work hard and you live within your means and over time your lot in life continually gets better. It worked for them. It works for me and it will work for my son. It will work for anyone. Life is about choices. Good choices are worth their weight in gold.

Wall Street does not invent anything. Nothing is produced on Wall Street. What they do is move money from one place to another and become uber wealthy by doing it. It was the poor decisions of Wall Street that caused this crisis and they were the first to be rescued and the first to get their mega bonuses

We are at their mercy. We are the ones who pay the real price for Wall Street indulgences. And we are tired of it

So you blame wall street for the bailouts?

Wall street would have gotten nothing if it werent for congress.

How can you be angry at wall street for that?

I dont blame them for asking....but I certainly dont blame them for getting it.

I blame congress.

You dont?

Why?
Who do you suppose bribes the Congress to remove regulations and modify laws to facilitate the super-rich? You need to step back and get a better look at the big picture.

I have a better idea.

Read what you just asked me....and then tell me who is at fault.

I dont blame those that offer bribes. I dont condone the action....but I dont blame them when the bribe is accepted.

I blame those that accept them.

Now....let me ask you this...what is more affective and easier to accomplish....

......trying to stop people from bribing our elected officials (our employees)...

or

Stopping our elected officials (our employees) from accepting them.

Wall Street does not invent anything. Nothing is produced on Wall Street. What they do is move money from one place to another and become uber wealthy by doing it. It was the poor decisions of Wall Street that caused this crisis and they were the first to be rescued and the first to get their mega bonuses

We are at their mercy. We are the ones who pay the real price for Wall Street indulgences. And we are tired of it

So you blame wall street for the bailouts?

Wall street would have gotten nothing if it werent for congress.

How can you be angry at wall street for that?

I dont blame them for asking....but I certainly dont blame them for getting it.

I blame congress.

You dont?

Why?

Bullshit.
If someone doesn't have a job, it's his fault. Look at the vids posted here over and over of kids looking at job applications and discarding them because "I dont want to work for them" or "I cant live on that wage." That's bullshit. Those are people who don't want a job.

"
It just shows how totally out of touch conservatives are....

My kids are in their 20s. They have both held jobs since they were 15, never got into trouble, graduated High School and one went to college the other to trade school.
The kids they graduated with are in the same situation. They have jobs, Jobs you can get. What they can't get are careers. A Career is something you can do for the rest of your life, a career is something you can support yourself and your family on. A career is something you can someday retire from
That is what kids today are missing....that is why they are protesting

I say...good for them

I find it hard to believe the people that are out there protesting have done much to build a career. Are they hoping to turn pooping in the street and sexual assault into careers?

I don't doubt that some people have problems finding a job that will lead somewhere, but it seems to me that too many people in today's generation want these careers on their own terms and it has NEVER worked like that. When you go to work for a company and look to put yourself in a position to rise in that company, you have to put your efforts into making the company it's best. A lot of younger people ask not what they can do for the employer, they ask what the employer can do for them.

There are unrealistic expections as well. Many of them want to go to work on Monday and be running the place by Thursday. When that doesn't happen, the say they are being held back.

Not to mention the simple fact that none of this is Wall Streets doing or the bankers doing. (I do find it funny that the blame has jumped yet again, but nobody can seem to agree on the target.) This is the result of years of government bullshit. Regulations and policies that have slowly made the cost of living rise again and again, largely created by politicians that were put in office by the people who now cheer these "occupy protesters".

Now that some people are drowning in the muck they championed, like good little douchebags, they point a finger at some the easiest people to make the bad guy and say it's all their fault.

As for the protesters themselves, take away the media attention and the free meals and this thing is over in a week.

I think you are being a little easy on Wall Street. It was their risk taking, their speculation and their lack of self discipline that led to the financial collapse.
Wall Street was the first to be bailed out and experienced the least amount of suffering.
The ripple effect of Wall Streets hubris is still being felt. Those people in the streets are the ones feeling the pain while Wall Street laughs and says....."Get a job loser

Fact (again): there are 10 unemployed people for every 4 job openings. It is therefore impossible for everyone currently unemployed to find work.

Nothing said since I posted that has been any kind of direct response, either to contest it or to acknowledge it.

so according to your numbers.....40% of the unemployed can become employed.

That would bring unemployment down to 5.5%.

That would get Obama a second term for sure.

Interesting.

The truth is everybody shares their own little shard of guilt. It's everyone's fault.

It's the fault of the employer who won't hire someone who's unemployed considering economic recession. It's the fault of the looker who doesn't move on to other possibilities, it's the fault of congress for doing nothing but making it more difficult to start a business.

It's EVERYONE'S fault.

Bullshit.
If someone doesn't have a job, it's his fault. Look at the vids posted here over and over of kids looking at job applications and discarding them because "I dont want to work for them" or "I cant live on that wage." That's bullshit. Those are people who don't want a job.

My kids are in their 20s. They have both held jobs since they were 15, never got into trouble, graduated High School and one went to college the other to trade school.
The kids they graduated with are in the same situation. They have jobs, Jobs you can get. What they can't get are careers. A Career is something you can do for the rest of your life, a career is something you can support yourself and your family on. A career is something you can someday retire from

I say...good for them

How the fuck is protesting going to get someone a career? Seriously, how? Have your kids considered moving to where careers can be found?

What's stopping them from having a career?

Thanks

I enjoyed that......typical blame the victim mentality of conservatives. Everything is fine, anyone who can't get a career position is lazy and a loser. Pick yourself up by your bootstraps son......here wash some dishes, mop the floors for $7.25 that should satisfy you

We have people who have had careers for 20 years find themselves without a job. People who have proved to be hard workers, trustworthy, creative. Suddenly, business rolls back...lays off to preserve profits

And conservatives blame the victim

That's right, anyone that can't get a career is either lazy, lacks ambition or the education required. Which of these describes your children?

Many of careers were launched by first mopping floors and washing dishes. Why is that kind of work beneath you? I would do either job in a heart beat if I had to.

Lay offs happen, being in the construction business as I am it's pretty much a way of life. Fortunately here in Texas a man that has initiative and ambition doesn't stay laid off very long.

Hard to blame the victim of a lay off, but I do blame them if they sit collecting unemployment for 99 weeks then bitch cause they can't find a job.

That remark is so full of shit. You've just never had to see the other side of American life. There are at least ten million who had a job but now have been laid of and are on food stamps. Don't you people ever read a goddamed thing. We almost had another great depression. Just how long can you remember something

Remember the market tanking

Remember the economy bleeding 120,000 jobs a month in early 2009

Remember the banks continuing to travel cross country to luxurious hotels and doling out bonuses

Remember AIG being TOO BIG TO FAIL

No...I guess all that shit never happened

I'd taunt those filthy little miscreants too if I had the time.

I walked over a block from my office where the Occupy OKC folks are squatting. Same 10 or so tents and same dozen or so people sitting on their ass smoking as a month ago. At least a month ago they walked around downtown at 5 PM and shouted in a bullhorn. Now they just sit and smoke.

Because raising taxes improves unemployment, right?
Raising taxes at this time will reduce unemployment (not "improve" it) by creating tens of thousands of jobs in the productive, completely beneficial and necessary effort of infrastructure renovation and repair.

The effort will emulate FDR's eminently effective CCC (Civilian Construction Corps) program -- which put food on my own family's table during the Great Depression. My own father was employed in the CCC program (building and repairing roads in upstate New York) and was able to send money home.

So if you're going to say Obama's jobs program won't work I'll be the first to say you don't know what you're talking about. Raising taxes on the super-rich is the key to solving our most pressing economic problem -- unemployment.

Raising taxes at this time will reduce unemployment (not "improve" it) by creating tens of thousands of jobs in the productive, completely beneficial and necessary effort of infrastructure renovation and repair.

The effort will emulate FDR's eminently effective CCC (Civilian Construction Corps) program -- which put food on my own family's table during the Great Depression. My own father was employed in the CCC program (building and repairing roads in upstate New York) and was able to send money home.

So if you're going to say Obama's jobs program won't work I'll be the first to say you don't know what you're talking about. Raising taxes on the super-rich is the key to solving our most pressing economic problem -- unemployment.

Those same FDR policies prolonged the Great Depression by years. Those policies didn't end the depression, the war ended the depression. Raise taxes and you just won't get jobs of any kind. Unless you want the government to be the primary employer. In which case we will have the economy of cold war Russia.

Thanks

I enjoyed that......typical blame the victim mentality of conservatives. Everything is fine, anyone who can't get a career position is lazy and a loser. Pick yourself up by your bootstraps son......here wash some dishes, mop the floors for $7.25 that should satisfy you

We have people who have had careers for 20 years find themselves without a job. People who have proved to be hard workers, trustworthy, creative. Suddenly, business rolls back...lays off to preserve profits

'Victim' of what? My guess would be your kids have the same entitlement mentality you do, that just becuase they went through college they deserve a 'career'.
A career starts with getting a job. If you can't do your job well then you aren't going to progress. Their going to start at the bottom no matter where they start at.

If there just aren't enough jobs out there that are being hired for...hmmm, your solution is to tax those companies and "rich people" even more? :cuckoo: Its because of libtards like you that companies aren't hiring, not conservatives. Conservatives want an environment where companies aren't burdened by a greedy government. Companies are not hiring because they know when Obamacare kicks in fully they will have to make more cuts.

My loser kids and their loser friends have jobs. Four years of college in fields like law, accounting, criminal justice and business have led to jobs as bartenders, sales clerks and lawn maintenance professionals. No matter how long they work in these jobs they will not lead to jobs in their chosen profession.

I say...good for them

Thanks

Over the last 30 years, I've had 3 companies I worked for fold up underneath me. I was never a vicitim. Each time, I hit the pavement and had another job waiting for me the last day of my old job. Skill sets and good choices make a huge difference.

How will giving tax dollars to the govt. in the form of higher taxes going to create jobs v. letting business owners invest that money into their businesses which in turn would in fact create jobs.

How many jobs did $8 billion create?

Thanks

Over the last 30 years, I've had 3 companies I worked for fold up underneath me. I was never a vicitim. Each time, I hit the pavement and had another job waiting for me the last day of my old job. Skill sets and good choices make a huge difference.

Yup.... 8 years of college with a Masters in Latin Studies ain't gonna take you very far. I was originally a Business Admin major.. after a little researching the trends, I switched to a BS in Accounting and a minor in Computer Science. Got my CPA.... I have a every lucrative career.

Choices, choices, choices.

The super-rich (1%) already pay 39% of all federal income taxes while 47% of the remaining 99% pay no federal income tax. Why do you feel entitled to someone else's money? Why do you think government is the answer when it is obvious that the majority of the economic issues we have were created by government. The quickest and most long term solution is the government getting the hell out of the way and letting the market sort things out.

Those same FDR policies prolonged the Great Depression by years. Those policies didn't end the depression, the war ended the depression. Raise taxes and you just won't get jobs of any kind. Unless you want the government to be the primary employer. In which case we will have the economy of cold war Russia.
While the War did indeed amplify the economic stimulus it was FDR's 91% maximum progressive tax rate that nourished it.

We don't need a two-front war to serve our present need. What we need is redistribution of the wealth which has been looted from the 99% by the 1%, which will be accomplished by a tax adjustment and commencement of a nationwide infrastructure renovation. That will instantly create tens of thousands of jobs and restore many of the industries which have been exported to China, India and Mexico. It worked in the 40s and it will work now.

As for the Russia example: Russia's problem is it was economically devastated by WW-II. The U.S. is far from being economically devastated. We have the wealth and the resources. What we need are adjusted distribution and stimulus.

What we don't need are the goddam billionaires and mega-millionaires. Their maneuverings and manipulations are what brought about the problem.

the basic premise behind OWS was not about getting jobs.
I saw the clip of that "job table". I did not have the opportunity to see what was edited out....so I dont know how anyone can be sure as to what percentage didnt fill oput the applications.

Exactly. It was a video of cherry picked snippets that showed what the producers of the videos wanted to show.

My office employs scores of "part-time" employees and for every one job opening we get dozens of applications.

Thanks

That's right, anyone that can't get a career is either lazy, lacks ambition or the education required. Which of these describes your children?

Many of careers were launched by first mopping floors and washing dishes. Why is that kind of work beneath you? I would do either job in a heart beat if I had to.

Lay offs happen, being in the construction business as I am it's pretty much a way of life. Fortunately here in Texas a man that has initiative and ambition doesn't stay laid off very long.

Hard to blame the victim of a lay off, but I do blame them if they sit collecting unemployment for 99 weeks then bitch cause they can't find a job.

That remark is so full of shit. You've just never had to see the other side of American life. There are at least ten million who had a job but now have been laid of and are on food stamps. Don't you people ever read a goddamed thing. We almost had another great depression. Just how long can you remember something

Remember the market tanking

Remember the economy bleeding 120,000 jobs a month in early 2009

Remember the banks continuing to travel cross country to luxurious hotels and doling out bonuses

Remember AIG being TOO BIG TO FAIL

No...I guess all that shit never happened

No I don't read liberal garbage.

I do however remember those things you mentioned. And yes it was a hardship on a lot of people and in order to get everyone back working again we have to get Obama out of office.

Fact is, there are jobs out there and those idiots I see protesting do not want a job. They want their student loans forgiven they want a living wage whether they work or not. They basically want the government to provide for them because they are either too lazy or too stupid to provide for themselves.

Personally I am rather wealthy but I wasn't born into money nor did I inherit it. I made my on way from a 3 year prison sentence to a roustabout for Red Adair to now, 30 years later, being a consultant for a large Engineering/Construction firm. The money and property I aquired was through years of hard work and determination in order to give my children a decent life and future and to have the nicer things in life.

I have posted facts from the Department of Labor and even the Wall Strret Journal showing that there aren't even close to enough jobs for all the unemployed. I have had some people "quote" a post listing those facts and then whine that people are lazy and there are plenty of jobs out there, blan blah, blah and talking points abound!. It totally amazes me how out of touch with reality some people are, my guess is all they look for are talking points, no news, just talking points.

Forum List

Back