Bain sent American jobs overseas

Bain Capital 'purchased' KB Toys for the respectable price of $ 305 million dollars on December 8, 2000.

Bain Capital only offered $ 18 million in cash, the rest was leaveraged debt put on the company.

Sixteen months after the buyout, Bain Capital paid itself $85 million in dividends in early 2002.

January 14, 2004, K·B Toys filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection and closed 365 stores.

Three years later the rest of the 156 stores were closed down.

KB Toys - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh goody....another GST story.

Ask yourself this Chris (if you have the brains to think about it).

Why would anyone sell the company to Bain for 18 million and loan against the rest of the assets ?

Who wanted out that bad and why ?

Check it out.

Additionally, Romney was out of Bain in 1999.

This is just another example of a zealot like Chissy needing to spread misinformation so he can defend his soon to be dumped lover in chief.

Okay, a couple thing here. Just because the Monster was still ravaging the countryside after Dr. Frankenstein had nothing to do with it, doesn't make the Mad Doctor less responsble.

The fact is, this is what Bain and their ilk did. They put in a little seed money, looted companies for all their assets and left other people holding the bag. Employees, investors, etc.

This is the business expertise you guys like- "Vampire" Capitalists.

Horsecrap.

They put plenty of companies on the map and saved many companies.

You just can't get past your bigotry.

The group that raided KB is being sued...as near as I can tell, Romney has not been named.

Try again.

Mitt Romney’s financial company, Bain Capital, invested in a series of firms that specialized in relocating jobs done by American workers to new facilities in low-wage countries like China and India.

During the nearly 15 years that Romney was actively involved in running Bain, a private equity firm that he founded, it owned companies that were pioneers in the practice of shipping work from the United States to overseas call centers and factories making computer components, according to filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Romney campaign officials repeatedly declined requests to comment on Bain’s record of investing in outsourcing firms during the Romney era.

Romney’s Bain Capital invested in companies that moved jobs overseas - The Washington Post

:mad:

“I’m not familiar with precisely what I said, but I stand by what I said, whatever it was,” - Mitt Romney

OBAMA's Chief Financial adviser Jeffery Immelt - closed 50 US Plants - and has the record for a single CEO of sending jobs overseas...just over 50,000.

I repeat...

OBAMA's Chief Financial adviser Jeffery Immelt - closed 50 US Plants - and has the record for a single CEO of sending jobs overseas...just over 50,000.

I repeat one more time so you read this Chris...

I repeat...

Jeffery is not running for President.

During Obama's Presidency...the U.S. has lost over 5 million jobs to overseas.

Oh and ... OBAMA's Chief Financial adviser Jeffery Immelt - closed 50 US Plants - and has the record for a single CEO of sending jobs overseas...just over 50,000.

I repeat...

No he is just Obama's jobs czar.

During Obama's Presidency...the U.S. has lost over 5 million jobs to overseas.

Oh and ... OBAMA's Chief Financial adviser Jeffery Immelt - closed 50 US Plants - and has the record for a single CEO of sending jobs overseas...just over 50,000.

Link?

Romney closed a secret Swiss bank account under an IRS amnesty.

Why were you hiding that money, Mr. Romney?

Why won't Mitt show us his tax returns for the last 12 years?

What is he hiding?

Wouldn't you rather have a guy who knew how to make money in the Oval Office than a dope smoking, dog eating community activist who spent his early political years with a terrorist who bombed the freaking Pentagon?

No. Businessmen as President have not worked out in the past. There's no reason to think Willard would be different, especially since his policies will be Bush's on steroids.

I repeat...

No but he is advising ours on Job creation...now...how much sense does that make? The CEO who has sent more jobs overseas than any other...in fact no one is even close...and Obama makes him the U.S. Jobs Czar.

No. Businessmen as President have not worked out in the past. There's no reason to think Willard would be different, especially since his policies will be Bush's on steroids.

SOLD ! Shit wasnt so bad for me during 8 of Bush.

Until his policies wrecked the economy. You really don't remember that this country was losing 700,000 jobs a month when Bush left office? Have you seen anyone about your short-term memory loss?

Romney and Bain represent everything that is wrong with America.

To Republicans "job creation" is code for tax cuts for the rich. We tried that for the last 30 years, and it has not worked. Why? Because 70% of the economy is consumer demand. Putting more and more money in fewer and fewer hands reduces demand. Raise taxes on the rich, cut defense, and balance the budget the way Clinton did. George Bush almost destroyed America. Let's bring it back.

Forum List

Back