Bain sent American jobs overseas

They don't only make money sending jobs overseas. This is a capitalistic country. Bain has every right to make money as long as it's "legal". It doesn't even have to be "ethical", just legal.

But that doesn't mean he would make a good president. In fact, from what he did in the past, his presidency would be more of a matter of perspective. Republicans believe in every man for himself. They don't care about the middle class. They support cutting police, firemen and teachers. And cutting taxes on rich people. So if Romney did these things, Republicans would see a great president they could admire.

First, I agree with your first assessment. I was just trying to explain why it happens. On Romney, I'm not a fan. Don't see much difference between the two. Hence while I no longer call myself a Republican (haven't since McCain won the nomination). I've since gone back and revisited Bush's policies and found so much that I disagree with that its disgusting.

We will agree to disagree on Republicans.

Mike

I can only go by what the Republican leadership has said. When Obama said the private sector was doing fine, you could look at that as a comment taken out of context (which it was) because he was comparing it to the government sector or you could view it as a "gaffe".
When Romney said "less police, firemen and teachers", that wasn't a "gaffe", it was his honest to goodness policy. He made the same claim a week before at a school in Philadelphia when he said larger class size is good. When I say Republicans said this or that, I don't make it up. It's what they actually said. "Feed the poor and they'll breed" is something that wouldn't even occur to me. Or "education is for snobs". Or "I like to fire people". These thoughts don't exist in my mind until Republicans put those phrases there.

If that's what you're going to say then I suggest you pull out full quotes. So far all you have done is pull out the "juicy" part. You tell me that if that's what you say they said, then that's what they said and you seem to rail against cherry picking... then lets look at the speech in context. Do you have a link to the transcript?

Mike

Last edited:
Again, you work on the assumption the only function of a company should be to make a quick buck for hte people who own it, not to be something that matters to the people that work there.

And I've said this before, I think that the outsourcing has always been more about breaking the American Middle Class than it has been about making a buck.

I do production purchasing for a living, and what I've found is that what you save in labor you lose in time, quality, and flexibility. FOr instance, you have to commit to buying something from Asia six weeks before you get it, as opposed to getting it next week from an American manufacturer. That usually means you have to run up higher inventories.

133990821617.jpg

:thup:

Outstanding.

GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt, the Dear Leader's 'Jobs Czar.' That one still cracks me up. Obamabots are such silly dupes.

Again, you work on the assumption the only function of a company should be to make a quick buck for hte people who own it, not to be something that matters to the people that work there.

And I've said this before, I think that the outsourcing has always been more about breaking the American Middle Class than it has been about making a buck.

I do production purchasing for a living, and what I've found is that what you save in labor you lose in time, quality, and flexibility. FOr instance, you have to commit to buying something from Asia six weeks before you get it, as opposed to getting it next week from an American manufacturer. That usually means you have to run up higher inventories.

Outstanding.

I work in this business every fucking day, guy. We've outsourced two major lines of product to Asia. The so screwed up the product lines with poor quality and long lead times that we've lost market share.

Of course this is about breaking the American middle class. Always has been.

The corporations want to break the ones buying the corporate products ?

YOu work on the assumption they think that far ahead.

They figure as long as they can give these folks credit cards, let them borrow on the value of their homes, and the government will always bail them out, they don't have to think about that day down the road when no one will have enough money to buy their products.

Thus, why we are in the mess we are in, why we haven't gotten out of this recession five years after it started. There's no engine to push us out of the mud.

Outstanding.

I work in this business every fucking day, guy. We've outsourced two major lines of product to Asia. The so screwed up the product lines with poor quality and long lead times that we've lost market share.

Make sure you change the tin foil on your hat at least once a month, just to make sure the gamma rays from space don't get through.

Outstanding.

Make sure you change the tin foil on your hat at least once a month, just to make sure the gamma rays from space don't get through.

Wow, guy, so you just want to ignore the evidence, I know.

I mean, where would you Wall Street Parasites be if people realized we didn't need you or your globalism?

Fact is, it's always been about breaking the Middle Class. Union Busting, right to work, Free Trade. And it's ultimately self destructive, but we are a self-destructive species by nature.

Wow, guy, so you just want to ignore the evidence, I know.

I mean, where would you Wall Street Parasites be if people realized we didn't need you or your globalism?

Fact is, it's always been about breaking the Middle Class. Union Busting, right to work, Free Trade. And it's ultimately self destructive, but we are a self-destructive species by nature.

Why aluminum foil can be a best insulator

Bain Capital 'purchased' KB Toys for the respectable price of $ 305 million dollars on December 8, 2000.

Bain Capital only offered $ 18 million in cash, the rest was leaveraged debt put on the company.

Sixteen months after the buyout, Bain Capital paid itself $85 million in dividends in early 2002.

January 14, 2004, K·B Toys filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection and closed 365 stores.

Three years later the rest of the 156 stores were closed down.

KB Toys - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh goody....another GST story.

Ask yourself this Chris (if you have the brains to think about it).

Why would anyone sell the company to Bain for 18 million and loan against the rest of the assets ?

Who wanted out that bad and why ?

Check it out.

Additionally, Romney was out of Bain in 1999.

This is just another example of a zealot like Chissy needing to spread misinformation so he can defend his soon to be dumped lover in chief.

Last edited:
Mitt Romney should disclose 10 years of his tax returns. He should disclose exactly how much personal wealth he achieved through investments in firms that destroyed American jobs. He should disclose exactly how many offshore accounts he used, in Swiss banks and the Cayman Islands, and any other tricks his highly paid advisers found for Mitt to minimize his taxes, for his profits from destroying American jobs.

The Romney tax return cover-up must end.

Romney cover-up of his tax returns, offshore tax shelters and outsourcing profits must end - The Hill's Pundits Blog

This must be a new tact.

I noticed you were absent from the Scott Walker thread once it was obvious your prediction was going to get rammed down your throat by the voters of Wisc.

With Walker in place and Wasserman Shultz shown to be a total fool, you are on the new crusade.

You are pathetic.

Obama's wife collected 316K one year and 275K the next for a job that was eventually eliminated.

Many speculate it was all about getting him to to push money towards the hospital that she was working for.

You want blatent ? You got it.

Valarie Jarrett, the family confidant, is a slumlord in Chicago who would have made millions had the Olympics gone there....you wonder why Obama stumped for them ?

You want blatent ? You got it.

Mitt Romney’s financial company, Bain Capital, invested in a series of firms that specialized in relocating jobs done by American workers to new facilities in low-wage countries like China and India.

During the nearly 15 years that Romney was actively involved in running Bain, a private equity firm that he founded, it owned companies that were pioneers in the practice of shipping work from the United States to overseas call centers and factories making computer components, according to filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Romney campaign officials repeatedly declined requests to comment on Bain’s record of investing in outsourcing firms during the Romney era.

Romney’s Bain Capital invested in companies that moved jobs overseas - The Washington Post

Pioneer Club

Bain Capital 'purchased' KB Toys for the respectable price of $ 305 million dollars on December 8, 2000.

Bain Capital only offered $ 18 million in cash, the rest was leaveraged debt put on the company.

Sixteen months after the buyout, Bain Capital paid itself $85 million in dividends in early 2002.

January 14, 2004, K·B Toys filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection and closed 365 stores.

Three years later the rest of the 156 stores were closed down.

KB Toys - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh goody....another GST story.

Ask yourself this Chris (if you have the brains to think about it).

Why would anyone sell the company to Bain for 18 million and loan against the rest of the assets ?

Who wanted out that bad and why ?

Check it out.

Additionally, Romney was out of Bain in 1999.

This is just another example of a zealot like Chissy needing to spread misinformation so he can defend his soon to be dumped lover in chief.

Okay, a couple thing here. Just because the Monster was still ravaging the countryside after Dr. Frankenstein had nothing to do with it, doesn't make the Mad Doctor less responsble.

The fact is, this is what Bain and their ilk did. They put in a little seed money, looted companies for all their assets and left other people holding the bag. Employees, investors, etc.

This is the business expertise you guys like- "Vampire" Capitalists.

Wouldn't you rather have a guy who knew how to make money in the Oval Office than a dope smoking, dog eating community activist who spent his early political years with a terrorist who bombed the freaking Pentagon?

Forum List

Back