Bad news Republicans....gas price down 13 cents from a year ago

You have just made yourself look foolish.........isn't that enough for you?

Obama is anti conventional energy, but you say he's not. Here you go idiot

At the beckoning of President Obama, Sen. Robert Menendez once again introduced a bill in the Congress to increase taxes on oil and natural gas companies by about $4 billion annually. My colleague at National Taxpayer Union warned just Monday that, if passed, this measure would not reduce fuel prices, and in fact could add to the burden faced at the pump. Still, supporters hope this maneuver will be seen as a way to make these companies feel some kind of pain in return.

Obama, Menendez Push Economically Painful Anti-Energy Bill - On Energy (usnews.com)

Is doing that a way to lower gas prices in an election year? You have contradicted yourself into a corner, dummy.

The question was and I think you have intentionally forgot about it, does the president affect gas prices.

Yes he does, his energy policy will have an affect on gas prices also when demand is down due to high unemployment that also goes in the blame the anti business presidents column.

I told you I would make you look foolish but fools will never listen. Walk away

Uh oh. Here we go again, I fear.

Just to be sure we're on the same page here, are you saying lefties were not accusing Bush and "his oil buddies" of manipulating gas and oil prices to his political advantage?

No. I am saying that you are stating the obvious as though you have revealed something. Anyone with a brain knows that politicians on both ends use gas prices as a fucking tool in elections. We also know that they are aware of their dishonesty when doing so.

Find the "lefties" on HERE who have done so. You are calling out to the "American Left" as though it has some relevance to THIS discussion. At issue is the constant drone ON HERE that Obama has the ability to set gas prices. There are a couple dozen regular posters ON HERE who have assigned blame for the high gas prices to Obama.

That you wish to talk about what the "America Left" did 5 years ago is odd....when you have posters ON HERE..........TODAY..........lying their asses off right in your fucking face.

Well, it's good to know that you'll acknowledge that both sides lie. It's a start! That's my humble little crusade - that nothing of substance can be accomplished until both sides stop the lying and practice consistent intellectual honesty. I'll warn you that this will be my message from here on in, so you may want to save yourself the tedium of boring yourself with my posts.

Sure, there are posters here who are lying about Obama's so-called manipulation of gas prices. Duh. As were the lefties and their claims about Bush. To make this as clear as possible: That's my point. Partisan political rhetoric as no credibility, I'm not buying the bullshit. if you want to participate in such rhetoric, that's certainly your call, I realize how little my opinion is going to affect the planet.

My question remains: How did Bush manipulate gas prices, and how is Obama doing it? Seems like a fair question.

Again......don't get splinters sittin' up on that fence post......and don't hurt your finger doin' all that pointing.

You are not teaching honest people anything.........and the dishonest ones are only reading half of what you say. Thus, you seem to get along with them just fine.

In your world..........EVERYONE is dishonest so you get to absolve yourself of taking sides with anyone. Have fun with that if it works for you. But.........as an intelligent person with an honest streak............you ought to see where the bullshit ends with each party. It does end, you know.

No. I am saying that you are stating the obvious as though you have revealed something. Anyone with a brain knows that politicians on both ends use gas prices as a fucking tool in elections. We also know that they are aware of their dishonesty when doing so.

Find the "lefties" on HERE who have done so. You are calling out to the "American Left" as though it has some relevance to THIS discussion. At issue is the constant drone ON HERE that Obama has the ability to set gas prices. There are a couple dozen regular posters ON HERE who have assigned blame for the high gas prices to Obama.

That you wish to talk about what the "America Left" did 5 years ago is odd....when you have posters ON HERE..........TODAY..........lying their asses off right in your fucking face.

Well, it's good to know that you'll acknowledge that both sides lie. It's a start! That's my humble little crusade - that nothing of substance can be accomplished until both sides stop the lying and practice consistent intellectual honesty. I'll warn you that this will be my message from here on in, so you may want to save yourself the tedium of boring yourself with my posts.

Sure, there are posters here who are lying about Obama's so-called manipulation of gas prices. Duh. As were the lefties and their claims about Bush. To make this as clear as possible: That's my point. Partisan political rhetoric as no credibility, I'm not buying the bullshit. if you want to participate in such rhetoric, that's certainly your call, I realize how little my opinion is going to affect the planet.

My question remains: How did Bush manipulate gas prices, and how is Obama doing it? Seems like a fair question.

Again......don't get splinters sittin' up on that fence post......and don't hurt your finger doin' all that pointing.

You are not teaching honest people anything.........and the dishonest ones are only reading half of what you say. Thus, you seem to get along with them just fine.

In your world..........EVERYONE is dishonest so you get to absolve yourself of taking sides with anyone. Have fun with that if it works for you. But.........as an intelligent person with an honest streak............you ought to see where the bullshit ends with each party. It does end, you know.

I guess I'll look elsewhere for the answer to my simple question.

I'm callin you both liars.

And with the same amount of evidence I'm saying that you fuck small woodland animals.

:thup:

:lol:

since I have been here, not one liberal mentioned that gas prices were not the fault of Bush.

But now that nearly double the price can be hung on obama, all of a sudden I have Two liberals saying they never did such a thing.

I love irony, not bullshit coincidences.

Gasoline.. $3.66.9/gallon.. I have family in California.. they pay $4.31.9

and we're crowing about this why exactly?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm callin you both liars.

And with the same amount of evidence I'm saying that you fuck small woodland animals.

since I have been here, not one liberal mentioned that gas prices were not the fault of Bush.

But now that nearly double the price can be hung on obama, all of a sudden I have Two liberals saying they never did such a thing.

That's nice. You still don't have anything from me saying that gas prices were Bush's fault so your claim that I am a liar holds as much water as mine does that you fuck small woodland creatures.

That's nice. You still don't have anything from me saying that gas prices were Bush's fault so your claim that I am a liar holds as much water as mine does that you fuck small woodland creatures.
what's more believable?

I support The Patriot Act.

or

You suck donkey cock to pesos in TJ?

what's more believable?

I support The Patriot Act.

or

You suck donkey cock to pesos in TJ?

You have as much evidence that I "suck donkey cock to pesos in TJ" as you do that I claimed gas prices were Bush's fault.

So I think we're done here.

Take your baseless claims up the street.

Last edited:
Gas prices continued their slide today, with the average price of a gallon of regular gas at $3.83, down 4 cents from a week ago, according to the Department of Energy. This price is also down 13 cents from a year ago.

The most expensive gas in the country is on the West Coast, where the average price for a gallon of regular is $4.12.

The least expensive gas is on the Gulf Coast, with the average price for a gallon of regular at $3.69.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2012/04/gas-prices-down-4-cents-a-gallon/

Coming from the Camp of higher Energy costs, that information is so relieving. How much are those prices up from when Bush left office again?

Coming from the Camp of higher Energy costs, that information is so relieving. How much are those prices up from when Bush left office again?

Intense, I thought you were better than that.

In July of 2008 Crude oil hit a record price of $147 per barrel, and the U.S. average price of gas was nearing about $4.10/gallon. Note, that George Bush is in office during this time.

But if you recall, disaster stuck, and our financial markets experienced a complete meltdown starting in about late September 2008.

The price of gas fell dramatically, along with many other commodities during this time. Below is a link to an article that might help to refresh your memory:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/14/business/economy/14commodities.html?pagewanted=all

So yes, gas prices were low when Obama took office as President, but so were the costs of many other commodities, and this was due to a MAJOR meltdown of the economy and slow of demand (both of which are bad things).

So, I ask: Given the root cause, was this drop in price somehow a thing that George Bush should be congratulated for? Remember that when Bush "passed the torch" to Obama, our country was losing jobs at a rate of 700,000 per month.

Also, don’t you think it’s just a bit misleading to say “how much are those prices up from when Bush left office”, as if that $1.78/gal low point was some sort of “normal” or constant price of gas that was consistent for that year and prior years?

Last edited:

Intense, I thought you were better than that.

In July of 2008 Crude oil hit a record price of $147 per barrel, and the U.S. average price of gas was nearing about $4.10/gallon. Note, that George Bush is in office during this time.

But if you recall, disaster stuck, and our financial markets experienced a complete meltdown starting in about late September 2008.

The price of gas fell dramatically, along with many other commodities during this time. Below is a link to an article that might help to refresh your memory:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/14/business/economy/14commodities.html?pagewanted=all

So yes, gas prices were low when Obama took office as President, but so were the costs of many other commodities, and this was due to a MAJOR meltdown of the economy and slow of demand (both of which are bad things).

So, I ask: Given the root cause, was this drop in price somehow a thing that George Bush should be congratulated for? Remember that when Bush "passed the torch" to Obama, our country was losing jobs at a rate of 700,000 per month.

Also, don’t you think it’s just a bit misleading to say “how much are those prices up from when Bush left office”, as if that $1.78/gal low point was some sort of “normal” or constant price of gas that was consistent for that year and prior years?

In 2008 crude oil was up to $147 per barrel gas was up to over 4.00 dollars a gallon
Gas has surpassed 4.00 dollars a gallon but crude has yet to get above 120.00 dollars
http://www.indexmundi.com/commodities/?commodity=crude-oil

Gas prices continued their slide today, with the average price of a gallon of regular gas at $3.83, down 4 cents from a week ago, according to the Department of Energy. This price is also down 13 cents from a year ago.

The most expensive gas in the country is on the West Coast, where the average price for a gallon of regular is $4.12.

The least expensive gas is on the Gulf Coast, with the average price for a gallon of regular at $3.69.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2012/04/gas-prices-down-4-cents-a-gallon/

Oh and of course you fail to report that we just had record high gas prices..........

That's the problem with you progressives - you only tell one side of the story.

Just like how you idiots report jobs - you don't give net losses or net gains - you just say "jobs created" but fail to mention "jobs lost."

In short - you're fucking idiots or propagandists...

In 2008 crude oil was up to $147 per barrel gas was up to over 4.00 dollars a gallon
Gas has surpassed 4.00 dollars a gallon but crude has yet to get above 120.00 dollars
Crude Oil (petroleum) - Monthly Price - Commodity Prices - Price Charts, Data, and News - IndexMundi

Very interesting.

I've read that this high gas price is the result of a huge increase in gas demand in countries like China and India these past 3-5 years. The US may be sitting on an abundance of crude right now (hence, the low price). but there's just not enough demand here to use it.

This goes to show how U.S. gas prices are largely at the mercy of the world economy, and how our President personally has very little control over what we pay at the pump.

Last edited:
Crude Oil (petroleum) - Monthly Price - Commodity Prices - Price Charts, Data, and News - IndexMundi

Very interesting.

I've read that this high gas price is the result of a huge increase in gas demand in countries like China and India these past 3-5 years. The US may be sitting on an abundance of crude right now (hence, the low price). but there's just not enough demand here to use it.

This goes to show how U.S. gas prices are largely at the mercy of the world economy, and how our President personally has very little control over what we pay at the pump.

There is no high demand for crude

Crude Oil Demand is Down

Crude Oil Demand is Down

Gas Prices Down 4 Cents a Gallon - ABC News

Oh and of course you fail to report that we just had record high gas prices..........

That's the problem with you progressives - you only tell one side of the story.

Just like how you idiots report jobs - you don't give net losses or net gains - you just say "jobs created" but fail to mention "jobs lost."

In short - you're fucking idiots or propagandists...

That's a false statement. We hit record high gas prices in June 2008.

no dropping but slowly. Unless something happens in the near future, prices wont be going up at all. In fact they will continue to go down slowly.

But hey keep thinking with that ignorance.

Not here, just check the link.
its coming down nationally....Again live in ignorance.

Who the fuck cares about "Nationally"? If it's not going down where you live personally then it doesn't matter what the national average is...

And how about you tell us when in history gas prices have FALLEN in the Spring/Summer months as compared to the beginning of the year?

Go be a stupid fuck somewhere else...

Last edited:
Let me straighten everyone out here.
The OP is a deceptive lie.
Gas prices are a result of the globalization of oil to OPEC.
the board sets the price based on the decision of ususally supporting thirdworld trashcans and terrorist nations.
BUSH in NO WAY had ANYTHING to do with gas prices in 2008,as OPEC AGREED TO ALLOW THE OVERALL PRICE INCREASE TO HAPPEN BY THE BOARD TO SUPPORT THE COUP AND ECONOMY OF ITS MEMBER NATION,NIGERIA.
then when increase of output and productivity occurred,barrel of crude dropped to $45 and I remember the price of gas dropped to $1.58 a gallon.
Then,after inauguration it increased 3x because Obama is making actions that increase the glibalist market price to hike up gas here for the little snide agreements that Obama made to globalize the us gas price to Mach Europe to fund his little agreements.

Bush sat helpless.
Obama is forcing everyway possible to destroy the economy by making energy damn near impossible to buy by destroying the variables and resources we have here that would stabilize the price and flux the economies here at all levels

End globalization and Obama in November.

Very interesting.

There is no high demand for crude

Crude Oil Demand is Down

Crude Oil Demand is Down

You're partially correct.

The demand for crude is down in the United States, but is exploding in other areas of the world such as China and India. This explosion in world demand is what's driving the overall high price of gas in the United States, despite a domestic lack of demand.

Domestic drilling advocates warn of increased global demand for oil, dwindling supply | Fox News

Forum List

Back