Gas price spike expected

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

The price of a gallon of gas spiked nearly a dime this week.

The average price in the region rose to $3.71 while the average in Warren rose to $3.75, according to the AAA

East Central Gas Price Report.

The trend held across the country as the national average rose seven cents to $3.46.

“With the cost of oil crossing the $80 per barrel mark and gas demand popping as spring approaches, these seasonal increases are expected,” the report detailed. “Another critical factor is the arrival of more expensive summer blend gas in some markets, which tends to increase pump prices by 10 to 15 cents.

Oil prices rose after Ukrainian drones hit Russian refineries.

“The extent of the damage is unclear, but repairs could curtail Russian petroleum product exports, including diesel, and lead Russia importing products it needs,” the report explained.

I was wondering what happened.....Last week gas was $3.28.....Then $3.39.....This morning it's $3.50.

Oil is at around $86 a barrel.

The average price in the region rose to $3.71 while the average in Warren rose to $3.75, according to the AAA

The trend held across the country as the national average rose seven cents to $3.46.

“With the cost of oil crossing the $80 per barrel mark and gas demand popping as spring approaches, these seasonal increases are expected,” the report detailed. “Another critical factor is the arrival of more expensive summer blend gas in some markets, which tends to increase pump prices by 10 to 15 cents.

“The extent of the damage is unclear, but repairs could curtail Russian petroleum product exports, including diesel, and lead Russia importing products it needs,” the report explained.

I was wondering what happened.....Last week gas was $3.28.....Then $3.39.....This morning it's $3.50.

Gas in this area has increased twenty cents in the last week and over fifty cents in the last month. But that is in a bright blue shithole of WA.

Considering what it has to go through to become gasoline and the fact that it has an inelastic demand curve, we should be thankful it doesn’t cost a whole lot more than it does.

Considering what it has to go through to become gasoline and the fact that it has an inelastic demand curve, we should be thankful it doesn’t cost a whole lot more than it does.
So you are one of those "you will own nothing and like it" types.

OIP.yjvRZR2_jSsgwD5DLx07ngAAAA

Fuck that noise, I question everything.

OPEC happened. That and the usual spring refinery retooling.

Sorry, filled up today in NY. $3.59 for high test.
Because of this thread I checked out the prices of every gas station I passed.
On the highway where it's more expensive, regular was 3.29 or less.
Just the facts

No date and cherry picked .
Also, I have never seen a 7 11 with gas pumps.
Seems bogus or this spot is in the beltway area because gas is just not this expensive.

Forum List

Back