Bad news Republicans....gas price down 13 cents from a year ago

I seem to remember the American Left accusing Bush of manipulating gas prices, too. We certainly have short memories.

So if, indeed, gas prices can be controlled by the Oval Office regardless of the political affiliation of its current occupant, precisely how is that done?

Ah..........the "American Left". Those bastards!

You are talking about politicians here, right?

I seem to remember the American Left accusing Bush of manipulating gas prices, too. We certainly have short memories.

So if, indeed, gas prices can be controlled by the Oval Office regardless of the political affiliation of its current occupant, precisely how is that done?

energy companies get tax money from the government.

"lower prices or we cut the purse strings"

or

the oil companies support the person they want to win by fiddling with the cost.

Uh oh. Here we go again, I fear.

Just to be sure we're on the same page here, are you saying lefties were not accusing Bush and "his oil buddies" of manipulating gas and oil prices to his political advantage?

Gas was $1.61 in January 2009... now it's $3.86. That's an INCREASE since Obama took office, Christine. You STILL want to give him the credit???
Gas Price Historical Price Charts - GasBuddy.com

WHY was gas at that price when Obama took office?

Come on, Conservative, you can occasionally muster up some honesty. I've seen it before.

why?

I'd ask you to answer why, Staph, but I'd have better luck asking a dog with downs syndrome how to build a space shuttle.

Gas prices continued their slide today, with the average price of a gallon of regular gas at $3.83, down 4 cents from a week ago, according to the Department of Energy. This price is also down 13 cents from a year ago.

The most expensive gas in the country is on the West Coast, where the average price for a gallon of regular is $4.12.

The least expensive gas is on the Gulf Coast, with the average price for a gallon of regular at $3.69.

Gas Prices Down 4 Cents a Gallon - ABC News

Gas was $1.61 in January 2009... now it's $3.86. That's an INCREASE since Obama took office, Christine. You STILL want to give him the credit???

Come on, Conservative, you can occasionally muster up some honesty. I've seen it before.

Why are you OK with $3.80 now but were not ok with $2.00 then?

or are you one of those special liberals that didn't hang high gas prices on Bush?

or are you one of those special liberals that didn't hang high gas prices on Bush?

So you liked that we were on the brink of total economic collapse, because you enjoyed low gas prices?

I've never hung the price of gas on who is occupying the White House.

Bigreb..............you cannot substantiate the claim that Obama is "anti-conventional energy". It is a weak talking point.

You seem to be confused. You are at the same time saying that Obama is anti-energy which raises the price of gas AND agreeing with CG that he is manipulating the price downward in an election year. Which is it?

You are too easy. Best let CG answer for you.

You can't say it make it be truthful either. Best walk away before I make you look foolish.

Bigreb..............you cannot substantiate the claim that Obama is "anti-conventional energy". It is a weak talking point.

You seem to be confused. You are at the same time saying that Obama is anti-energy which raises the price of gas AND agreeing with CG that he is manipulating the price downward in an election year. Which is it?

You can't say it make it be truthful either. Best walk away before I make you look foolish.

You have just made yourself look foolish.........isn't that enough for you?

Obama is anti conventional energy, but you say he's not. Here you go idiot

At the beckoning of President Obama, Sen. Robert Menendez once again introduced a bill in the Congress to increase taxes on oil and natural gas companies by about $4 billion annually. My colleague at National Taxpayer Union warned just Monday that, if passed, this measure would not reduce fuel prices, and in fact could add to the burden faced at the pump. Still, supporters hope this maneuver will be seen as a way to make these companies feel some kind of pain in return.

Obama, Menendez Push Economically Painful Anti-Energy Bill - On Energy (usnews.com)

Just to be sure we're on the same page here, are you saying lefties were not accusing Bush and "his oil buddies" of manipulating gas and oil prices to his political advantage?

No. I am saying that you are stating the obvious as though you have revealed something. Anyone with a brain knows that politicians on both ends use gas prices as a fucking tool in elections. We also know that they are aware of their dishonesty when doing so.

Find the "lefties" on HERE who have done so. You are calling out to the "American Left" as though it has some relevance to THIS discussion. At issue is the constant drone ON HERE that Obama has the ability to set gas prices. There are a couple dozen regular posters ON HERE who have assigned blame for the high gas prices to Obama.

That you wish to talk about what the "America Left" did 5 years ago is odd....when you have posters ON HERE..........TODAY..........lying their asses off right in your fucking face.

So you liked that we were on the brink of total economic collapse, because you enjoyed low gas prices?

Are you this dumb in real life?

the government is in great shape, but the working poor are taking it in the ass.

cost me over $100 dollars to fill my tank last week. If this shit keeps going, I won't be able to do anything with my family this summer.

But I guess I can take one more for green energy. right?

oh dear gawd..we knew you all didn't really give a shit about "the poor"

Obama is anti conventional energy, but you say he's not. Here you go idiot

At the beckoning of President Obama, Sen. Robert Menendez once again introduced a bill in the Congress to increase taxes on oil and natural gas companies by about $4 billion annually. My colleague at National Taxpayer Union warned just Monday that, if passed, this measure would not reduce fuel prices, and in fact could add to the burden faced at the pump. Still, supporters hope this maneuver will be seen as a way to make these companies feel some kind of pain in return.

Obama, Menendez Push Economically Painful Anti-Energy Bill - On Energy (usnews.com)

Is doing that a way to lower gas prices in an election year? You have contradicted yourself into a corner, dummy.

No. I am saying that you are stating the obvious as though you have revealed something. Anyone with a brain knows that politicians on both ends use gas prices as a fucking tool in elections. We also know that they are aware of their dishonesty when doing so.

Find the "lefties" on HERE who have done so. You are calling out to the "American Left" as though it has some relevance to THIS discussion. At issue is the constant drone ON HERE that Obama has the ability to set gas prices. There are a couple dozen regular posters ON HERE who have assigned blame for the high gas prices to Obama.

That you wish to talk about what the "America Left" did 5 years ago is odd....when you have posters ON HERE..........TODAY..........lying their asses off right in your fucking face.

Well, it's good to know that you'll acknowledge that both sides lie. It's a start! That's my humble little crusade - that nothing of substance can be accomplished until both sides stop the lying and practice consistent intellectual honesty. I'll warn you that this will be my message from here on in, so you may want to save yourself the tedium of boring yourself with my posts.

Sure, there are posters here who are lying about Obama's so-called manipulation of gas prices. Duh. As were the lefties and their claims about Bush. To make this as clear as possible: That's my point. Partisan political rhetoric as no credibility, I'm not buying the bullshit. if you want to participate in such rhetoric, that's certainly your call, I realize how little my opinion is going to affect the planet.

My question remains: How did Bush manipulate gas prices, and how is Obama doing it? Seems like a fair question.

Forum List

Back