Assault rifles for self defense

A 9mm has higher velocity than a .38 Special and about twice the KE! (It's not far off the KE of a .357 Magnum.)

comparison.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Daniel Defense M4 that is not a self defense firearm fir me. However, when SHTF and my neighbors join me in locking down our street, it will then be used.

-Geaux

I'd be just as comfortable with my AR in my hands as I would be with the shotgun.
That being said,the shotgun sits beside the bed and the AR is in the safe.
The main reason being I dont have to lock the shotgun up when I leave the house. And I sure as hell ain't leaving forty five hundred worth of rifle laying around when I'm not home.
It's a convenience/value thing really.

Last edited:
Here's a clue, by overthrowing the Sunni government, the invasion gave the Shiite's the control of the government.

It's you that lies. Obama NEVER claimed to have destroyed Al Qaeda. If you're not lying show the link where he said it. You're also lying about the Egyptian military being a faction of Al Qaeda, and lying about Obama installing it.

Republican habitual lying only diminishes the GOP credibility. You can fool the ignorant, but they are the minority. Never gonna win that way.

On the path to defeat is what he says here.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy_Z_zA2rZ4]Obama Brags "Al-Qaeda Is Defeated" on Same Day US Death Toll Reaches 2,000 Deaths - YouTube[/ame]

Nice double down on stupidity, parrot.

The only stupid parrot is you bucko. You have no useful comments other than the typical brain dead responses your masters give you. You are about as unthinking a poster as I have ever seen.

Your name fits you well.....you seem to be in a persistent hangover. Hard to go through life that way son.

I have a Daniel Defense M4 that is not a self defense firearm fir me. However, when SHTF and my neighbors join me in locking down our street, it will then be used.

-Geaux

I'd be just as comfortable with my AR in my hands as I would be with the shotgun.
The main reason being I dont have to lock the shotgun up when I leave the house. And I sure as hell ain't leaving forty five hundred worth of rifle laying around when I'm not home.

Do the same thing only difference is the Mossberg black pistol grip 12 ga pump is my wife's and sits on her side of the bed next to her 110lb pure breed male German Shepard. Just sayin. She trusts nothing she is from Brooklyn.

-Geaux

Do the same thing only difference is the Mossberg black pistol grip 12 ga pump is my wife's and sits on her side of the bed next to her 110lb pure breed male German Shepard. Just sayin. She trusts nothing she is from Brooklyn.

All it took was one thwarted home invasion to make me a full blown believer in keeping a gun handy at all times.

The only stupid parrot is you bucko. You have no useful comments other than the typical brain dead responses your masters give you. You are about as unthinking a poster as I have ever seen.

Your name fits you well.....you seem to be in a persistent hangover. Hard to go through life that way son.

I find it amusing when one of these libs is resented with overwhelming evidence that contradicts their claims and yet they INSIST they are correct and the evidence is a lie.

Nice double down on stupidity, parrot.

I find it amusing when one of these libs is resented with overwhelming evidence that contradicts their claims and yet they INSIST they are correct and the evidence is a lie.

Extremely well put, have to remember this. Should be a bumper sticker.:clap2::clap2:

All it took was one thwarted home invasion to make me a full blown believer in keeping a gun handy at all times.

Meh- good point. I always tell the radical anti gunners who talk odds

You don't stand under trees during a thunderstorm do you?

-Geaux

Last edited:

-Geaux

Yep. It's like carrying a spare tire or having a fire extinguisher. You hope you dont have to use em,but you're damn sure glad to have em when you do.

Home invasions? That's why you need a semi-automatic assault rifle? It's not to protect your First Amendment rights from a government that runs remote-controlled aerial assassinations on anyone that it deems "inconvenient" to corporate goals?

If you honestly cite the Second Amendment as your right to own an assault rifle to protect your television and jewelry, then you don't understand what the Second Amendment is for.

-Geaux

Yep. It's like carrying a spare tire or having a fire extinguisher. You hope you dont have to use em,but you're damn sure glad to have em when you do.

Is the spare tire concealed under your jacket, or do you just roll it down the street in front of you? What about the fire extinguisher, is it strapped to your leg? Or just in your pocket?

Home invasions? That's why you need a semi-automatic assault rifle? It's not to protect your First Amendment rights from a government that runs remote-controlled aerial assassinations on anyone that it deems "inconvenient" to corporate goals?

If you honestly cite the Second Amendment as your right to own an assault rifle to protect your television and jewelry, then you don't understand what the Second Amendment is for.

Getting a little carried away there aren't you? Where exactly in my post did I state my 2nd amendment beliefs?
And do you only use your pocket knife to peel apples?
Get a grip dude....

-Geaux

Is the spare tire concealed under your jacket, or do you just roll it down the street in front of you? What about the fire extinguisher, is it strapped to your leg? Or just in your pocket?

You have a problem with analogies dont you? And it appears to have spread to your common sense.

-Geaux

The analogy is sound. Your attempt to dismiss it is ridiculous.

But let's take your questions to their logical conclusion.

I have a spare tire and a fire extinguisher in my vehicle. Neither is in plain sight. In order to carry a firearm (be it a rifle, shotgun or handgun) out of sight in my vehicle, I need a CCW in most states.

Forum List

Back