Assault rifles for self defense

Analysis of Five Years of Armed Encounters (With Data Tables)

Civilian self-defense shootings fall into two categories:

- 2 or fewer shots fired

- Entire magazine emptied (person just pulling trigger until they have no more ammo, whether needed or not)

Quantam, you are wrong. If you need a gun for self defense, odds are, you wont need more than 1-2 shots. Unless you are a typical redneck with no training who panics and just keeps firing until empty......sending bullets God-knows-where into the street or parking lot.

Quantam, I see you responded to yourself when you realized I DID provide a link. And the stats show, that you will almost never need more than 2 shots.

The need for 30? Or 60? Just never gonna happen.

Even with the small sampling used in the report, there is a LOT of room for misunderstanding what the numbers actually mean.

There were 482 shootings in the study. If 382 of those involved one shot fired by the defender (and the report DID state that the most common response to the sound of gunfire was flight), and 100 of those shootings involved firing 6 rounds, the average number of rounds fired would be 2.

Considering that the number of times a firearm is used to stop a crime is usually quoted in the hundreds of thousands, to say that there will never be a need for 30 rounds is just bullshit. Perhaps you are willing to risk your life (and the lives of loved ones) on such a small sampling and stats, but many people are not.

- 2 or fewer shots fired

- Entire magazine emptied (person just pulling trigger until they have no more ammo, whether needed or not)

Quantam, you are wrong. If you need a gun for self defense, odds are, you wont need more than 1-2 shots. Unless you are a typical redneck with no training who panics and just keeps firing until empty......sending bullets God-knows-where into the street or parking lot.

Quantam, I see you responded to yourself when you realized I DID provide a link. And the stats show, that you will almost never need more than 2 shots.

Your claim was that 99.9% of instances needed 2 or fewer shots. I called that bullshit, and it was.

If you think you have a point that actually deals with something else I said, bring it on.

I don't think you know many cowboys. I know several, and some that enjoy shooting CASS. But they still understand the value of a semi-auto centerfire rifle.

We call it CAS - Cowboy Action Shooting, out in my neck of the woods. But I love it. Single action Long Colts, coach guns. Loads of fun.

But I still have a Glock and a Mini-14....

- 2 or fewer shots fired

what does it matter? If I want a hundred rounds just because I want a hundred rounds, it is my right. you or the government do not have the right to infringe on my constitutional rights.

when the government orders attacks on its own citizens how much of that military and how many of those police will side with the public?

i posted an article this morning

saying that the military and the police flipped sides to the

Ukrainian opposition just last night

it would happen here fast too. people are frustrated beyond imagination. approval for government has never been lower. look at the frenzy just the unvalidated threat of government trying to take guns has caused. gun manufacturers doubling and near tripling production can't keep up with demand. ammunition manufacturers can't keep up with demand and we have a flood of foreign ammunition pouring into the country. still it is not enough. people are reloading like never before. people are making their own projectiles. just try buying a 9mm mold or sizing and lubricating die. now make that threat real and watch the people revolt.

I agree here. The military and police would side with the people VERY quickly. While the people don't like government.......the approval of the military and police are almost always in the top 5 of the Gallop lists.

And laws without men to enforce them are nothing more than ink on paper.

So long as the military and police largely side with the general public (and both do, in huge %'s) then there is no real threat of government tyranny in the United States.

Which is why all this anti-government shit the right is pushing is nonsense. And American revolt wouldn't last past a week. The military and police would side with the people, and the politicians would resign in shame, and by Monday, the new American Idol episode would be running.

sorry, not readty to give up my rights and take any chance.

- 2 or fewer shots fired

It's NONE of your business or the Government's if I have an entire freaking ARSENAL.

Get it?

Forum List

Back