Assault rifles for self defense

Because it's pretty hard to fit an AR15 in my sock drawer....

I keep a .38 revolver in my drawer for home defense. The first cylinder has a shotshell with rubber pellets. The next two have rubber slugs. The last three have inverse hollow points.

Why?

Well, I really don't want to kill anyone. Plus that off chance of an accident. The first round is utterly non-lethal. At close range it will hurt like hell and stun the person.

The hard rubber slugs are usually not lethal, but they are solid and hit hard. Studies show that a head shot is often lethal with the rubber slug.

The inverse hollow points are there because if the first three shots didn't make my point, I want the motherfucker dead. They'll rip a grapefruit size hole in a person.

Sock drawers aren't the only place to keep your weapon but a bigger drawer would allow you to have more socks. :razz:

Sounds like you've thought out your defensive strategy with the ammo choices. My concern would be injuring the idiot and having him sue me. What if you hit him and he goes blind in one eye? I'm betting about the time you get that letter you're being sued you may wish you went with all hollow points. I figure if it comes time to pull the trigger I don't want to screw around just hit them hard with the most damage I possibly can.

When I have been on the road, my (then) wife would have a .357 revolver loaded with 1 shot shell and 5 MagSafe hollowpoints. My current g/f has the same setup in both of her revolvers. It makes for an effective first shot (even if panicked), and lethal subsequent shots.

That's a pretty good combination. And well thought out.

Why do you all need guns? Because other people have guns? Has anyone considered telling the gun manufacturers to stop making guns?

Why do you all need guns? Because other people have guns? Has anyone considered telling the gun manufacturers to stop making guns?

Ya cause after all no one has the ability to make firearms in their own shops or even garages. Nor would they get them from smugglers even if we quit making all firearms. Do you even think before you spout nonsense?

Ya cause after all no one has the ability to make firearms in their own shops or even garages. Nor would they get them from smugglers even if we quit making all firearms. Do you even think before you spout nonsense?
The number of people making guns in their shops and garages is miniscule compared to the massive factories churning out assault rifles.

There are an estimated 300 million firearms in the United States, almost enough to supply one for every man, woman and child. The US is by far the leading arms dealer on Earth. If you're so upset at Obama for Fast and Furious (which began under Bush) then why aren't you upset at the weapons manufacturers who made the guns in the first place?

Stop making so many millions of guns and selling them all over the world, then the world would be less dangerous.

The number of people making guns in their shops and garages is miniscule compared to the massive factories churning out assault rifles.

There are an estimated 300 million firearms in the United States, almost enough to supply one for every man, woman and child. The US is by far the leading arms dealer on Earth. If you're so upset at Obama for Fast and Furious (which began under Bush) then why aren't you upset at the weapons manufacturers who made the guns in the first place?

Stop making so many millions of guns and selling them all over the world, then the world would be less dangerous.

Shocking, factories make products faster then one person in a garage. Who the hell knew? Well, other than you everyone else knows that.

300 million doesn't sound like a bad number other than the ones that want to actually use them are criminals. I'm good with 600 million as long as people can defend themselves from the criminals, and more each day it seems our government is the criminal here.

Why are you upset at manufacturers for Fast and Furious? They had nothing to do with what the government did. Gun makers and Bush had nothing at all to do with the failure that is the obie administration. That's on him and holder, nobody else.

Shocking, factories make products faster then one person in a garage. Who the hell knew? Well, other than you everyone else knows that.

300 million doesn't sound like a bad number other than the ones that want to actually use them are criminals. I'm good with 600 million as long as people can defend themselves from the criminals, and more each day it seems our government is the criminal here.

Why are you upset at manufacturers for Fast and Furious? They had nothing to do with what the government did. Gun makers and Bush had nothing at all to do with the failure that is the obie administration. That's on him and holder, nobody else.
Who do you think made the firearms that the criminals from whom you need to defend yourself are using? Why aren't you mad at the gun manufacturers for arming so many millions of criminals? And why aren't you mad at the big Fascist Obama government for keeping marijuana illegal which is the number one excuse for the cops and Feds to create criminals, seize property and ruin lives?

America sells more weapons all over the world than any other country and then Americans have to buy more guns to protect themselves from the guns that they sold.

That's terrible logic.

The weapon of choice for the police is the AR, it's the perfect offensive and defensive weapon to have in any firefight.

Why would anyone not choose the same weapon for their own defensive needs?

Because it's pretty hard to fit an AR15 in my sock drawer....

I keep a .38 revolver in my drawer for home defense. The first cylinder has a shotshell with rubber pellets. The next two have rubber slugs. The last three have inverse hollow points.

Why?

Well, I really don't want to kill anyone. Plus that off chance of an accident. The first round is utterly non-lethal. At close range it will hurt like hell and stun the person.

The hard rubber slugs are usually not lethal, but they are solid and hit hard. Studies show that a head shot is often lethal with the rubber slug.

The inverse hollow points are there because if the first three shots didn't make my point, I want the motherfucker dead. They'll rip a grapefruit size hole in a person.

Sock drawers aren't the only place to keep your weapon but a bigger drawer would allow you to have more socks. :razz:

Sounds like you've thought out your defensive strategy with the ammo choices. My concern would be injuring the idiot and having him sue me. What if you hit him and he goes blind in one eye? I'm betting about the time you get that letter you're being sued you may wish you went with all hollow points. I figure if it comes time to pull the trigger I don't want to screw around just hit them hard with the most damage I possibly can.

Yeah..Mother fucker breaks into my house with the intent to rob rape and kill, I shoot him and turn him from a rooster to a hen and he has the nerve to sue me.
What a country we live in.

Who do you think made the firearms that the criminals from whom you need to defend yourself are using? Why aren't you mad at the gun manufacturers for arming so many millions of criminals? And why aren't you mad at the big Fascist Obama government for keeping marijuana illegal which is the number one excuse for the cops and Feds to create criminals, seize property and ruin lives?

America sells more weapons all over the world than any other country and then Americans have to buy more guns to protect themselves from the guns that they sold.

That's terrible logic.

No..The terrible logic is a court system that coddles criminals.

Why would we do that? I own several guns. Self defense is one minor function of a couple of them. I hunt. I target shoot. I plink. And some of my guns have sentimental or historic value.

Why should we have to show a need for something that is legal, we buy with our own money, and the extra taxes charged provide extra services?

My previous comment still applies.

Anyways, the government keeps all the really badass weapons for themselves and don't let ordinary citizens have them. The 2nd Amendment be damned!!

The so called "badass" weapons are usually not small arms. And if they are it is just a matter of being fully automatic. That lets you spray a lot of rounds, but is not conducive to accuracy.

how much practice with a full auto have you had ?

do you know the purpose for full auto fire ?

That's terrible logic.

Most people buy guns for reasons that have nothing to do with shooting at other people.
Hunting, target shooting/competition, collecting, investment, and protection from such things as snakes and bears (neither of which are known to carry firearms.
If there were suddenly no guns being made anywhere in the world it would still be several generations be fore there would be any shortage. Guns are simple and durable.

Funny that you mention factories churning out assault rifles, and then mention the estimated 300 million guns in the US.

You do know that what you call "assault rifles" are a miniscule part of that 300 million guns, right? That most of that number will be hunting firearms?

That's terrible logic.

I guess everyone forgets what a peaceful utopia the world was before firearms were invented. I suppose the world-wide safety of the weaker people has been completely forgotten too.

Anyways, the government keeps all the really badass weapons for themselves and don't let ordinary citizens have them. The 2nd Amendment be damned!!

The so called "badass" weapons are usually not small arms. And if they are it is just a matter of being fully automatic. That lets you spray a lot of rounds, but is not conducive to accuracy.

I have fired some full auto rifles, mainly M14s and M60s.

Why do you all need guns?
THAT is a pretty stupid question !

you are not stupid, just badly informed, when the left wing nut faction of the liberal Bourgeois convinces their team mates, the criminals and other low life scum, to turn over all their guns, we citizen law abiding patriots will not need guns for self and family defense, we can then concentrate on recreational purposes. :up:

The second you can guarantee that no bad guy gets a weapon, and that the government
won't ever abuse its power I will happily turn mine in. Till then you're pissing up a rope.

I own machineguns how about you? And yes, I do KNOW what suppressive fire means.

"How do we keep guns out of the hands of criminals?" Stop making so many guns. That's the first step. If you flood the world with hundreds of millions of guns, the chances are dramatically increased that criminals will get their hands on a gun.

Most gun crimes are committed with handguns which aren't used for hunting, and the majority of criminals don't have the knowledge or resources to make their own guns or ammunition. A hunting rifle can be used for both hunting and self-defense, and hunting rifles don't require a 30-round magazine. It's this nutjob interpretation of the 2nd Amendment that makes you think that every drunk toothless hick should have a personal arsenal. Why does anyone need a machine gun? You're never going to fight against the government to defend your First Amendment rights, so what's the point?

Also, a large portion of the international criminal element will be crippled when we legalize marijuana again like we did during World War II. Then not only will the black market cartels stop reaping all of those billions of dollars in illicit profits from their number one cash crop, but Cannabis hemp will be used to make equipment for our soldiers and law enforcement personnel who are fighting against what is left of the cartels.

The second you can guarantee that no bad guy gets a weapon, and that the government
won't ever abuse its power I will happily turn mine in. Till then you're pissing up a rope.
And that will be after he wipes out all evil in the world.

"How do we keep guns out of the hands of criminals?" Stop making so many guns. That's the first step. If you flood the world with hundreds of millions of guns, the chances are dramatically increased that criminals will get their hands on a gun.

Most gun crimes are committed with handguns which aren't used for hunting, and the majority of criminals don't have the knowledge or resources to make their own guns or ammunition. A hunting rifle can be used for both hunting and self-defense, and hunting rifles don't require a 30-round magazine. It's this nutjob interpretation of the 2nd Amendment that makes you think that every drunk toothless hick should have a personal arsenal. Why does anyone need a machine gun? You're never going to fight against the government to defend your First Amendment rights, so what's the point?

Also, a large portion of the international criminal element will be crippled when we legalize marijuana again like we did during World War II. Then not only will the black market cartels stop reaping all of those billions of dollars in illicit profits from their number one cash crop, but Cannabis hemp will be used to make equipment for our soldiers and law enforcement personnel who are fighting against what is left of the cartels.

Bullshit. No "gun control" law has ever reduced crime. Not one fucking law. The only thing that has PROVEABLY reduced crime is "shall issue" concealed weapons laws. There is a direct correlation between the passage of those laws and the reduction in crime.

And, your BS disarmament of the people guarantees that when the government wants to kill you it easily can.

I understand how a collectivist POS, like you, relishes the idea of an unarmed populace, but reasonable people think you're full of crap.

I do agree on the de-criminalization of drugs though....all drugs.

Forum List

Back