Arming teachers bad cus in Parkand a singlular example exists of a cowardly RO not doing job, WTF?

Sahba

VIP Member
Mar 2, 2018
VT & NH
In an interview with Variety Parkland gun control activist Emma Gonzalez suggested arming teachers is a bad idea because her school had “a resource officer and he didn’t do jack sh*t.”
The resource officer referenced by Gonzalez is former Broward County deputy Scot Peterson, who arrived outside the scene of the Parkland attack roughly 90 seconds after it began and stayed outside until it was over, instead of going in to confront the gunman.

Lost on Gonzalez is the fact that armed teachers are there as a last resort. They are there to shoot the attacker if the deputy will not go in or in the event that the deputy cannot go in.

Are the anti 2Aers so simple minded as to think that the almighty 'Nanny State' is the best defense against unleashed homicidal terror. Is the notion of 'Personal Responsibility' so repugnant that it extends to the very lives of their children. What the F, If the principle tells a parent that he has an AR locked up in his office I would expect parents to be thrilled, wouldn't U!

Emma Gonzalez: Don't Arm Teachers, 'We Had a Resource Officer and He Didn't Do Jack Sh*t' | Breitbart

Yeah it makes sense for a kid to trust some out of shape teachers that would probably shoot their eye out when a trained officer didnt do what he was trained to do and was his full time job.

Arming teachers is bad because it's a bad idea, not because of one particular incident.

Even some conservatives think it's a dumb idea.

Rubio breaks with Trump, doesn't support arming teachers

Look, suppose we arm a bunch of teachers. They're carrying out their class, trying to teach a bunch of kids, while carrying a firearm. What do you think is more likely to happen?

A) A psychotic shooter comes in. Teacher steps in, shoots the intruder and saves the day.
B) The gun is discharged accidentally.

This isn't going to go over like some Hollywood movie of a Language Arts teacher going commando and, against all odds, taking out the Colombine assholes. This is just going to result in a lot of really, really dumb and unnecessary accidents. These are TEACHERS. Not SWAT officers. I honestly think you're just going to compound the problem.

Gun-trained teacher accidentally discharges firearm in Calif. classroom, injuring student

Last edited:
Arming teachers is bad because it's a bad idea, not because of one particular incident.

Look, suppose we arm a bunch of teachers. They're carrying out their class, trying to teach a bunch of kids, while carrying a firearm. What do you think is more likely to happen?

A) A psychotic shooter comes in. Teacher steps in, shoots the intruder and saves the day.

I honestly think you're just going to compound the problem if you have TEACHERS carrying firearms.

Gun-trained teacher accidentally discharges firearm in Calif. classroom, injuring student
Not to mention the prospect of a student having an entire year to figure out how to get access to the gun.

Police gun safety instructor accidentally shoots self.

But sure, I mean what could possibly go wrong with having a bunch of armed junior high teachers in classrooms?

Has it really got to the point, teachers should arm themselves? All because a few bad apples (meaning the Resource officers) aren't doing their jobs?

Yes, I lived in a much different time and place. Where we didn't have school shootings and no teachers in the entire state weren't armed.

I do agree that having signs on school property warning "Protected by Community Police" is totally a bad idea. It just opens up for just about any crazy person to come into the schools and start shooting anyone on site. Ignoring the stupid sign that it is protected by Community police in the process. Like they would even care about it anyways. I am sure they would even try and take shots at them (Community police).

I think most schools either lock their front doors during school hours; or have metal detectors installed.

This isn't going to go over like some Hollywood movie of a Language Arts teacher going commando and, against all odds, taking out the Colombine assholes. This is just going to result in a lot of really, really dumb and unnecessary accidents. These are TEACHERS. Not SWAT officers. I honestly think you're just going to compound the problem.

Sutherland, Texas shooter....stopped by a "private citizen" armed with an AR-15.
Private citizens armed with AR-15's have stopped criminals in their own homes.
Hundreds of thousands of armed private citizens have stopped criminals armed with stolen firearms.
As for schools, all a teacher with no firearms training needs is a safety class and some regular practice at the range.

Sutherland, Texas shooter....stopped by a "private citizen" armed with an AR-15.
Hundreds of thousands of armed private citizens have stopped criminals armed with stolen firearms.
As for schools, all a teacher with no firearms training needs is a safety class and some regular practice at the range.
"As for schools, all a teacher with no firearms training needs is a safety class and some regular practice at the range."

Its bad enough our teachers arent paid for teaching our children. Teachers have to pay for school supplies. This would just be another expense they would have to pay for and maintain instead of teaching and grading.

Great, it's not like armed citizens have ever accidentally shot themselves or people around them, right?

So honestly, which one do you think is more likely if we were to have several armed teachers who took these safety classes?

Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) introduced legislation three times (in 2007, 2009, and 2011) that would have allowed teachers to carry guns on pubic high school and middle school campuses, but his efforts failed each time.

The last being H.R. 2613 (112th): Citizens Protection Act of 2011

Anyone who is seriously interested in promoting the idea of arming teachers properly would do well to read the language of the statesman's legislation. It's pretty good, and in the interest of salvaging students' civil liberties, as all of his legislation historically was.

I'm afraid any legislation we might get from the GOP today would be full of all sorts of tyrannies against our students and tax paying parents. I've heard mention of attaching other stipulation to any recent proposed bills, like committing students and parents to become involuntary victims of unwarranted, unconstitutional, searches in the school. We don't want that.

Last edited:

Didn't read your own link? The student was injured because something from the ceiling fell on him. He was not struck by a bullet.

Didn't read your own link? The student was injured because something from the ceiling fell on him. He was not struck by a bullet.
I guess that makes it better. Instead of being shot with the bullet the bullet caused something to fall on him.

In an interview with Variety Parkland gun control activist Emma Gonzalez suggested arming teachers is a bad idea because her school had “a resource officer and he didn’t do jack sh*t.”
The resource officer referenced by Gonzalez is former Broward County deputy Scot Peterson, who arrived outside the scene of the Parkland attack roughly 90 seconds after it began and stayed outside until it was over, instead of going in to confront the gunman.

Lost on Gonzalez is the fact that armed teachers are there as a last resort. They are there to shoot the attacker if the deputy will not go in or in the event that the deputy cannot go in.

Are the anti 2Aers so simple minded as to think that the almighty 'Nanny State' is the best defense against unleashed homicidal terror. Is the notion of 'Personal Responsibility' so repugnant that it extends to the very lives of their children. What the F, If the principle tells a parent that he has an AR locked up in his office I would expect parents to be thrilled, wouldn't U!

Emma Gonzalez: Don't Arm Teachers, 'We Had a Resource Officer and He Didn't Do Jack Sh*t' | Breitbart

Well arming teachers is stupid because it's stupid, full stop.

Has it really got to the point, teachers should arm themselves? All because a few bad apples (meaning the Resource officers) aren't doing their jobs?

Yes, I lived in a much different time and place. Where we didn't have school shootings and no teachers in the entire state weren't armed.

I do agree that having signs on school property warning "Protected by Community Police" is totally a bad idea. It just opens up for just about any crazy person to come into the schools and start shooting anyone on site. Ignoring the stupid sign that it is protected by Community police in the process. Like they would even care about it anyways. I am sure they would even try and take shots at them (Community police).

I think most schools either lock their front doors during school hours; or have metal detectors installed.

Pardon me but your ignorance is showing. Schools have locked doors for years! How well did that help at Sandy Hook? The shooter shot the window next to the door and walked through. Red Lake MN had metal detectors. The first guy shot was the guy running the metal detector.

Pardon me but your ignorance is showing. Schools have locked doors for years! How well did that help at Sandy Hook?

Like I mentioned in my comment:

"Yes, I lived in a much different time and place. Where we didn't have school shootings and no teachers in the entire state weren't armed."

Try again!

Repubs always trying to get something on the cheap. Sometimes you have to pay if you want quality. Its beyond silly to assume or expect teachers to be equipped mentally or physically to protect students with a gun.

Why does the teacher have to carry the firearm? You are making a gross assumption. Why can't the gun be locked away in the classroom?

Also, many teachers are veterans and others have experience with firearms.

I am a veteran with extensive training. When we did active shooter training, the principal even told the entire faculty he would be staying with me where he knew he would be safe. My assistant principal at one of the schools where I worked was a deputy sheriff before he became a teacher.

Try coming into my school if I and my fellow teachers were armed and see how long you last. I give you two minutes of walking around checking locked classroom doors before you bleed out on the floor.

Pardon me but your ignorance is showing. Schools have locked doors for years! How well did that help at Sandy Hook?

Like I mentioned in my comment:

"Yes, I lived in a much different time and place. Where we didn't have school shootings and no teachers in the entire state weren't armed."

Try again!

No teachers in the entire state weren't armed? That's a double negative. Say what you mean.

Oh, BTW, school shootings have happened, you just were not aware because you did not have 24-hour cable news and the Internet.

Why does the teacher have to carry the firearm? You are making a gross assumption. Why can't the gun be locked away in the classroom?

I am a veteran with extensive training. When we did active shooter training, the principal even told the entire faculty he would be staying with me where he knew he would be safe. My assistant principal at one of the schools where I worked was a deputy sheriff before he became a teacher.

Try coming into my school if I and my fellow teachers were armed and see how long you last. I give you two minutes of walking around checking locked classroom doors before you bleed out on the floor.

Bravado huh?

The point is, what is a teacher's job? To be there to shoot potential killers?

Bravado huh?

The point is, what is a teacher's job? To be there to shoot potential killers?
I wonder where the teacher is going to lock the gun away where the students wont figure out how to get it.

Forum List

Back