Arkansas school board caught cyber-bullying student advocate for LGBT rights

If the student is involved in the public debate on an issue, then those who disagree with her are completely justified in expressing their disagreement and indeed, "disparaging" those beliefs.

I wonder if it were a liberal teaching saying a conservative student was "Religious, rude and disrespectful", how upset you libs would be.
Being on a school board is like being a teacher or an administrator, watch your mouth around the kiddos...

She said the kid was an atheist and was rude and disrespectful.

Hardly dropping the F-bomb.
Publicly insulting children whose parents you work for must be a conservative value.

Is the girl in question rude and disrespectful?
The board member? In my opinion yes. Why?

Mmm, pretending to misunderstand my question.

Could be amusing in some situations.

Could be clever if libs didn't do that constantly.

So, I repeat, is the girl in question rude and disrespectful?

One thing about the sodomites, they have thin skins. Since when are (arguably) "disparaging" comments on facebook considered to be "cyber bullying"?
Since you're a shriveled old conservative still living in the past, it's okay that you don't know what cyber bullying is. You should look it up. There's this thing called google you could use to figure it out.

This was not cyber bullying.
You are a dumb Christian who is rude and disrespectful. It's been a displeasure reading your posts.

^ I just cyber-bullied you. Except not as badly as the board member, because she is supposed to be a mature adult, but she's disparaging a child who she is responsible for.

Being on a school board is like being a teacher or an administrator, watch your mouth around the kiddos...

Publicly insulting children whose parents you work for must be a conservative value.

Do you know the difference between fact and opinion? Because believing someone is rude and disrespectful is an opinion. And if you're an adult/authority figure calling a child you are responsible for that on a public forum, then you are letting your opinion interfere with your duties. And you should be under close scrutiny that your opinion doesn't spill over into your work.

Correll is adorable in his projection of misdirection, a tactic he keeps trying and but never succeeding.

The student's admonition to the teachers who were trying to limit her free speech was courageous and correct.

Mrs. Powers is now in the 'name and shame' circle, quiet appropriately.

Arkansas school board caught cyber-bullying student advocate for LGBT rights

Sick Homophobe Busted!! LOL!

A school board member in Arkansas stands by disparaging comments she made on Facebook regarding a student advocate for LGBTQ rights,
ArkansasOnline reports

In a statement on Friday, Bentonville School Board member Rebecca Sue Powers defended herself against charges of cyber-bullying a local public school student. Though she insulted a child on a public Facebook page, Powers says her “comment was meant only for private discussion… I am sincerely sorry that these remarks became public, and I sincerely apologize for any hurt this has caused to any student who believes I was identifying them.”
:ahole-1:
Republicans like to do their evil in private.

One thing about the sodomites, they have thin skins. Since when are (arguably) "disparaging" comments on facebook considered to be "cyber bullying"?
Since you're a shriveled old conservative still living in the past, it's okay that you don't know what cyber bullying is. You should look it up. There's this thing called google you could use to figure it out.

You are a dumb Christian who is rude and disrespectful. It's been a displeasure reading your posts.

^ I just cyber-bullied you. Except not as badly as the board member, because she is supposed to be a mature adult, but she's disparaging a child who she is responsible for.

I would be very curious to see the terminology the "child's" side of the debate, especially the child, has been using to describe those who oppose them.

Do you know the difference between fact and opinion? Because believing someone is rude and disrespectful is an opinion. And if you're an adult/authority figure calling a child you are responsible for that on a public forum, then you are letting your opinion interfere with your duties. And you should be under close scrutiny that your opinion doesn't spill over into your work.

So, there is no objective reality of whether that child is rude and disrespectful?

BS.

Correll: So, there is no objective reality of whether that child is rude and disrespectful? BS.

Jake: Shut up until you make some sense. You are running at the mouth. The student corrected adults who were out of line.

She said nothing wrong. We have freedom of speech in this country. Get over it and stop being a bunch of candy asses.

I would be very curious to see the terminology the "child's" side of the debate, especially the child, has been using to describe those who oppose them.
The school board member was attacking the "child's" (yes it is a child if they're in highschool you fuck) beliefs. If the child's behavior is inappropriate, they can be disciplined. Just like if an adult's behavior is inappropriate, they should be disciplined.

Correll will not apply the same standards to his weird standards.

He is a far right reactionary who is not really Christian. Just likes to yell a lot. Don't expect any goodness from him.

If I had had a board member like that when I was school board president, I would have had a public censure of her very quickly.
I'm not on the board for 6 months, come back and start reading threads, and you're still pushing this moronic reactionary bull shit.

You're pathetic.. I mean really... really pathetic.

As far as the OP goes, so the homo mafia gets a little of their own medicine. Big fucking deal. Serves them right.

She said nothing wrong. We have freedom of speech in this country. Get over it and stop being a bunch of candy asses.
In a time when people are very sensitive about cyber bullying, it is completely inappropriate for a school board member to insult a student in a public forum.

There was no such bullying taking place, period. She stated her opinion, as is her right. If a high school student is emotionally incapable of handling being referred to as rude then our nation is in for a major fuck over when this generation takes control. Everyone is so weak today it's pathetic.

In a time when people are very sensitive about cyber bullying, it is completely inappropriate for a school board member to insult a student in a public forum.

There was no such bullying taking place, period. She stated her opinion, as is her right. If a high school student is emotionally incapable of handling being referred to as rude then our nation is in for a major fuck over when this generation takes control. Everyone is so weak today it's pathetic.
Would you acknowledge the rampant outrage there would be if she had said those things about a religious student advocating against gay marriage?

Yeah, Powers was cyber bullying and got caught in the "name and shame" ring. Tough.

The school board member was attacking the "child's" (yes it is a child if they're in highschool you fuck) beliefs. If the child's behavior is inappropriate, they can be disciplined. Just like if an adult's behavior is inappropriate, they should be disciplined.

She barely mentioned the child's beliefs, and high school students are normally adolescents.

BTW, I like how you called me a "fuck" in a thread where you are supposedly so concerned about cyber bullying.

Yes, this nation is in profound trouble, but not because of a schoolgirl.

Correll will not apply the same standards to his weird standards.

He is a far right reactionary who is not really Christian. Just likes to yell a lot. Don't expect any goodness from him.

If I had had a board member like that when I was school board president, I would have had a public censure of her very quickly.
I'm not on the board for 6 months, come back and start reading threads, and you're still pushing this moronic reactionary bull shit.

You're pathetic.. I mean really... really pathetic.

As far as the OP goes, so the homo mafia gets a little of their own medicine. Big fucking deal. Serves them right.
So you are back. Remember. I will apply the same standards to you, as always. Your nonsense is simply stupid. Take it elsewhere.

The school board members was out of line and was publicly dealt with, appropriately.

Forum List

Back