Arkansas school board caught cyber-bullying student advocate for LGBT rights

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
Arkansas school board caught cyber-bullying student advocate for LGBT rights

Sick Homophobe Busted!! LOL!

A school board member in Arkansas stands by disparaging comments she made on Facebook regarding a student advocate for LGBTQ rights,
ArkansasOnline reports

In a statement on Friday, Bentonville School Board member Rebecca Sue Powers defended herself against charges of cyber-bullying a local public school student. Though she insulted a child on a public Facebook page, Powers says her “comment was meant only for private discussion… I am sincerely sorry that these remarks became public, and I sincerely apologize for any hurt this has caused to any student who believes I was identifying them.”
:ahole-1:

“The young lady that… is heading this up is an atheist. She is also rude, and disrespectful. I had the displeasure of watching her at the Mary Beth Tinker event…”

THAT'S CYBER BULLYING?

You're equating that with the TALIBAN? A complaint that a young woman is "rude"?

:haha:

“The young lady that… is heading this up is an atheist. She is also rude, and disrespectful. I had the displeasure of watching her at the Mary Beth Tinker event…”

THAT'S CYBER BULLYING?

You're equating that with the TALIBAN? A complaint that a young woman is "rude"?

She should be dismissed from her position on the board. Her job is to improve her school system, not disparage the beliefs of individual students.

THAT'S CYBER BULLYING?

Incredible what the left chooses to get outraged about. This is just an honest remark. Of course, the same people don't show outrage at NSA spying, Obama administration using the IRS to bully opponents and now using Obamacare to gather all our personal info. No, someone called out a woman for being rude and disrespectful and the left is up in arms. Geez, you'd think the Arkansas school board threw her off the roof or set her on fire. Wait, they don't get too jazzed when that happens either.

As an atheist she is supposed to disparage the beliefs of individual students. She just overreached beyond the Christian students she was hired to disparage.

Gay is not sacred. They are not above criticism or reproach.

THAT'S CYBER BULLYING?

Incredible what the left chooses to get outraged about. This is just an honest remark. Of course, the same people don't show outrage at NSA spying, Obama administration using the IRS to bully opponents and now using Obamacare to gather all our personal info. No, someone called out a woman for being rude and disrespectful and the left is up in arms. Geez, you'd think the Arkansas school board threw her off the roof or set her on fire. Wait, they don't get too jazzed when that happens either.
A good teacher does not disparage a student for the entire school community to see.

THAT'S CYBER BULLYING?

She should be dismissed from her position on the board. Her job is to improve her school system, not disparage the beliefs of individual students.

If the student is involved in the public debate on an issue, then those who disagree with her are completely justified in expressing their disagreement and indeed, "disparaging" those beliefs.

I wonder if it were a liberal teaching saying a conservative student was "Religious, rude and disrespectful", how upset you libs would be.

THAT'S CYBER BULLYING?

If the student is involved in the public debate on an issue, then those who disagree with her are completely justified in expressing their disagreement and indeed, "disparaging" those beliefs.

I wonder if it were a liberal teaching saying a conservative student was "Religious, rude and disrespectful", how upset you libs would be.
Hmm how about I ask you that question. How upset would YOU be if she was disparaging one of her conservative students for being "religious?"

THAT'S CYBER BULLYING?

Being on a school board is like being a teacher or an administrator, watch your mouth around the kiddos...

THAT'S CYBER BULLYING?

Hmm how about I ask you that question. How upset would YOU be if she was disparaging one of her conservative students for being "religious?"

Truthfully, I see it so much from you leftists, that I would probably not notice, unless someone brought it to my attention.

THAT'S CYBER BULLYING?

Being on a school board is like being a teacher or an administrator, watch your mouth around the kiddos...

She said the kid was an atheist and was rude and disrespectful.

Hardly dropping the F-bomb.

THAT'S CYBER BULLYING?

Publicly insulting children whose parents you work for must be a conservative value.

Correll will not apply the same standards to his weird standards.

He is a far right reactionary who is not really Christian. Just likes to yell a lot. Don't expect any goodness from him.

If I had had a board member like that when I was school board president, I would have had a public censure of her very quickly.

One thing about the sodomites, they have thin skins. Since when are (arguably) "disparaging" comments on facebook considered to be "cyber bullying"?

THAT'S CYBER BULLYING?

Publicly insulting children whose parents you work for must be a conservative value.

Is the girl in question rude and disrespectful?

One thing about the sodomites, they have thin skins. Since when are (arguably) "disparaging" comments on facebook considered to be "cyber bullying"?
Since you're a shriveled old conservative still living in the past, it's okay that you don't know what cyber bullying is. You should look it up. There's this thing called google you could use to figure it out.

Is the girl in question rude and disrespectful?
The board member? In my opinion yes. Why?

Since you're a shriveled old conservative still living in the past, it's okay that you don't know what cyber bullying is. You should look it up. There's this thing called google you could use to figure it out.

This was not cyber bullying.

Forum List

Back