Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

Been proven how? We have no idea who the shooter was or why he did it. Hell, we're even assuming it's a man!

Remember the guy who ran into the Discovery Channel's headquarters last year and took hostages threatening to kill them? All the left wing blogs and Web sites and the kooks on this board were accusing the tea party of producing this guy and it turned out he was actually a far left environmental wacko who was a serious follower of Al Gore's bullshit.

The shooter has been arrested and it's a male I thought it was reported. A bystander tackled him. While his motivations may be unclear, his gender isn't I would think.

The lack of facts is disturbing, as per usual. The media, in their rush to get the 'story', are too quick to post unconfirmed reports. I've seen the congresswoman reported dead, then alive and in surgery moments later by the same outlet.

Hopefully there are as many survivors as possible, hopefully the person responsible has been caught, but I think it may be best to take anything reported at this point with a large grain of salt. It may be some hours yet before we get reliable information.

Barring Info, Speculating On Motive Behind Giffords Shooting Helps No One

03:17 pm

January 8, 2011

by Ken Rudin

In this era of instant information and 24/7 Tweeting, it is understandable that news about today's shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) after an event in Tucson spread like wildfire.

What is also unsurprising, but regrettable, is that everyone is ascribing a motive for the shooting without any credible information.

The Internet and the Twitterworld have been filled with speculation on why she was shot: that she was too liberal and was shot by a Tea Party conservative. Or that she was too moderate and shot by someone on the left.

All we know is that the shooter is under custody. No statement has been released, no motive revealed. Self-anointed "journalists" should keep such opinions to themselves until we know more.

Barring Info, Speculating On Motive Behind Giffords Shooting Helps No One : It's All Politics : NPR

Fox is reporting that she has made it through surgery and is responding to command. I pray she makes it.

So far it looks like one of her aides has died and she is in surgery. Fortunately they caught the prick that did it.

Forum List

Back