Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords Shot In Arizona

peach174

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
S.E. AZ
Just saw this on the news. Giffords has been shot along with 3 of her staff members, and now new repor thatt their was 12 who have been shot.
This is totally unaceptable just because you don't agree with someone on politics :evil:
I did not agree with her politics but she is my representive and now SE AZ has no representation.
I hope she will be alright.

Last edited:
Dana Bash is reporting that she is hurt badly. I went through assassinations and attempts in the 1960s with many on this Board. This is serious, very serious.

Dana Bash is reporting that she is hurt badly. I went through assassinations and attempts in the 1960s with many on this Board. This is serious, very serious.
something i can agree with you on
this is VERY bad
news and i hope they caught the shooter(s)

Uuh boy. watch for Gestapo in your rear view mirror.

Can't wait till details about the shooter come out. :(

What kind of people do this sort of thing? It's sick. Seriously. My prayers are with her, and those who were hurt... and their families.

44 - Reports: Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords shot at public event

Reports: Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords shot at public event

By Felicia Sonmez
Arizona Democratic Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was shot on Saturday morning while hosting an event outside a Tucson grocery store, according to local news reports.
National Public Radio reported Saturday that Giffords, who in November narrowly won reelection to a third term, was hosting her first "Congress on Your Corner" event when a gunman ran up and began shooting.
According to a local news report, Giffords was shot in the head at point-blank range. She was taken to University Medical Center in Tucscon; her condition was not immediately known.

What is wrong with some people? Like we don't have enough crazy in the world already.

Local news sites are all over the place on the facts but several are updating often from the scene.
Here are several local news home pages for updates:

Welcome to StarNet - Tucson, Arizona
KGUN9 On Your Side, Tucson News, Weather & Sports - KGUN 9 News - ABC KGUN-TV Tucson, Arizona, News & Weather - Home
KVOA.com | Tucson, Arizona Home
KOLD News 13 - News 13 KOLD-TV Home
KMSB Tucson

The Tuscon Citizen's site seems to be down.

Support and good wishes to all affected.

Forum List

Back