Are you American?

I wonder how people think you´re American.

I'm white and speak English.
That leaves the possibility.

Quite what some of these more extreme people would do and how far they would go if I was American, I don't know but I suspect it would be less than fun.
That hurts. They can not point at others, if they will hurt you for an American nationality.

I didn't say they were right or imply I agree with them in any way; I do not.
However, the fact remains, your government's foreign police puts Americans at risk.

I'm white and speak English.
That leaves the possibility.

Quite what some of these more extreme people would do and how far they would go if I was American, I don't know but I suspect it would be less than fun.
That hurts. They can not point at others, if they will hurt you for an American nationality.

I didn't say they were right or imply I agree with them in any way; I do not.
However, the fact remains, your government's foreign police puts Americans at risk.
It´s true. But the permawar also screws the American Nation. So many things rot while the military budget rises and rises.

Well, you should be happy to know we didn't do that.

Please link to where the WMDs were found.

Right, now we know you can't, I think it's safe to say the war was based on lies.

Your conclusion is illogical.

One of the main reasons for attack was WMD that could be deployed against American targets in 45 minutes.

There were no WMD, it was a lie.

Please tell me where that's wrong.

It's no good making sticking your head in the sand.
The US government's support for Israel, various wars and terror attacks using drones cause the hate to spread where there need be none.

Basically, your government is fucking you over in favour of arms sales.

Please link to where the WMDs were found.

Right, now we know you can't, I think it's safe to say the war was based on lies.

Your conclusion is illogical.

One of the main reasons for attack was WMD that could be deployed against American targets in 45 minutes.

There were no WMD, it was a lie.

Please tell me where that's wrong.

It's no good making sticking your head in the sand.
The US government's support for Israel, various wars and terror attacks using drones cause the hate to spread where there need be none.

Basically, your government is fucking you over in favour of arms sales.

I remember those days----and the term WMD----I do not recall anyone
saying that the US could be attacked FROM IRAQ-----in the course of 45
minutes-----and NOT FOR A MINUTE did I interpret the term WMD as
Nuclear bombs. Terrorism is a weapon of mass destruction -----my very own
friends and colleagues who were so into things that they had relatives
BACK HOME in pakistan who had joined the Taliban----admitted that Saddam
Hussein supported terrorism------one even claimed that he would use the KUWAIT
OIL MONEY ---to "support the islamic cause"-----ie more terrorism (poor kid---
he almost dropped dead when I mentioned the fact that I am a jew)

I do believe that lots of people DID interpret WMD as "nuclear bomb"----
and now "remember" being told that saddam had nuclear bombs

Saddam did not use nuclear bombs----but he certainly did DESTROY
MASSIVELY ---lots of kurds and shiites

The Iraqi government of the time were clearly a bunch of total bastards but that alone doesn't justify starting a war to stop what wasn't there.
The Mugabe government is equally as bad but I see no invasion force on its borders.

However, deflection from the tread apart, I maintain American foreign policy creates enemies where there should be none.
Yesterday, I went to of of those areas where the FPI and FBR are strong and enjoy local support and you'd be surprised at what you see there.
In fact, I'll post a couple of photos from yesterday's jaunt on this thread so you can see for yourself.

Education time.

Before you can understand people; you must know a little of how they live and the conditions they live in.
Most people are hard working and want to look after their families.
There is no welfare to speak of so, as the vast majority are poorly educated, they tend to work in menial jobs or are self employed.
That work is commonly selling food from a hand cart or other simple work.
This rarely brings in enough cash to educate their kids to a better level than they managed to the kids are very likely to end up living in the same way.
The minimum wage is commonly ignored and people are scared of losing their job so they don't complain much. That leaves people wanting money or a change of system that looks after them better than the incumbent one.
That may well be a lesson for local politicians as well as something to consider when trying to get rid of more extreme attitudes.

They live here.

9507017848_69e6744c0b_z.jpg

9504229703_9f65e93a5e_z.jpg

In houses like this.

9507005542_3cdc879dd6_z.jpg

One man came out of his house, very nice chap and very friendly but there was something behind his words. He started the conversation by telling me the whole population of that area was Muslim; I believe to see my reaction.
Of course, being a Muslim myself, I was happy to hear it and made that clear but didn't let on as to my own faith.
I further believe, he was expecting a reaction of fright of surprise but the latter was reversed by my reaction. I didn't detect any bad intent in his voice or body language; more curiosity as to why I was there so I explained what I was up to.
My hobby, as some will know, is wandering around Indonesia, taking photos and publishing them on threads so this was explained and he was happy but still curious as to the really odd presence of a rich foreigner in an area of that nature. It's far from normal but neither am I.

No expression of dislike of Americans was noted on this trip as it has in the past and I noticed this guy.

9504241969_1d08131c58_z.jpg

9507031576_7448fe16e7_z.jpg

American flags and so on are pretty common in this mostly (About 86%) Muslims country.
Although there is a strong anti American feeling in some quarters, that isn't general as we can see by the fact a man can wear such a shirt in a totally Muslim area without the slightest problem.
You'll also notice the way the ladies are dressed; hardly the stereotypical Muslim black letter box we're told Muslims woman must cover themselves up in.

Education is the key to halting extreme views in areas such as this and the same goes for extreme views from the right wing in many other places, including America.

Again, depends where you go.
In the cities, most are well educated and know Americans aren't responsible for Bush being a bastard and Obama turning into a cowardly drone murderer.
I know a couple of streets in Georgetown and Ipoh you wouldn't want to walk down at night.
Try wandering up to Lenggong, Perak and telling locals you're American.
No, don't, funerals are expensive and you'll need one.

Just for the unsure, that area and places like it are where the insurgents that cause so much trouble in Thailand live.
How do I know? I travelled there and found out for myself. That wasn't my intention but I have an enquiring mind and a sharp eye.
It doesn't take long before you find someone you can ask the right questions to.

Never had any trouble there at all. Most locals I met, and lived with, dealt with me as an individual. It was always the prissy western Europeans that seemed to have their panties in a wad and hated Americans. It was kind of a chip on the shoulder attitude. Likely born from insecurities and a sense of inferiority.

Ah, I see.
Perhaps you can describe your experiences in the northern towns and villages, not too far from the Thai border, where that attitude is most common.

What, never been?

Traveled through Kedah by car three times without any trouble. I respected the local customs (separate lines for women and such) and never had a problem. I also revisited Pulau Pinang a couple years ago, people thought it was great that I was an American. Turns out it was the US military that delivered most of the aid supplies (stamped with USAID) after the 2004 Tsunami.

An interesting point.
You've been to one of the most extreme areas in Malaysia and were welcomed because USAID was delivered there but no US bombs have been delivered there.

Does that tell posters something?

Education time.

Before you can understand people; you must know a little of how they live and the conditions they live in.
Most people are hard working and want to look after their families.
There is no welfare to speak of so, as the vast majority are poorly educated, they tend to work in menial jobs or are self employed.
That work is commonly selling food from a hand cart or other simple work.
This rarely brings in enough cash to educate their kids to a better level than they managed to the kids are very likely to end up living in the same way.
The minimum wage is commonly ignored and people are scared of losing their job so they don't complain much. That leaves people wanting money or a change of system that looks after them better than the incumbent one.
That may well be a lesson for local politicians as well as something to consider when trying to get rid of more extreme attitudes.

They live here.

9507017848_69e6744c0b_z.jpg

9504229703_9f65e93a5e_z.jpg

In houses like this.

9507005542_3cdc879dd6_z.jpg

No expression of dislike of Americans was noted on this trip as it has in the past and I noticed this guy.

9504241969_1d08131c58_z.jpg

9507031576_7448fe16e7_z.jpg

Which of those pics was intended to be 'shocking'?

Which of those pics was intended to be 'shocking'?

To bloody idiots with unshakable ideas of what Muslims are like and how Muslims hate America, all of them.

How so?

Because, if the idiot right wing posters on here actually believe the shit they post, they'll be shocked to know the truth of the world.
It won't make any difference to them as their hate is so great, they probably say I faked the photos.

The thread was prompted by this.

BBC News - US in worldwide travel alert after 'al-Qaeda threat'

It's absolutely true.
Many times, I'm asked if I'm American but once they find out I'm not, their whole attitude changes for the better.
In my opinion, U.S. foreign policy is endangering Americans all over the world and putting others in danger because they may be mistaken for Americans.
That's why many Canadians wear Canadian flag pins when travelling abroad -- and why some savvy Americans wear Canadian flag pins when travelling abroad !!

The vast majority of richer, upper and middle class people either have no clue as to the rest of population or are doing their best to forget their own experiences and background.
Sounds like the USA, doesn't it?

An interesting point.
You've been to one of the most extreme areas in Malaysia and were welcomed because USAID was delivered there but no US bombs have been delivered there.

Does that tell posters something?

Why...its almost as though you are suggesting that if your national government KILLS PEOPLE, then the residents of the victim nation are unlikely to like you!

But if your national government has helped people of that foreign land , then you are most likely to discover that those people don't hate you because of your nationality

Who knew that people thought like that?!

Why its so simple!

If you help them they like you but if you kill them they don't like you!

Wow!!! Has anyone told our resident CONSERVATIVES that's how things work?

Apparently they have not quite figured this out yet.

:lol:

Last edited:
To bloody idiots with unshakable ideas of what Muslims are like and how Muslims hate America, all of them.

How so?

Because, if the idiot right wing posters on here actually believe the shit they post, they'll be shocked to know the truth of the world.
It won't make any difference to them as their hate is so great, they probably say I faked the photos.

Well, whoever may be viewing them, what is the shocking part? What would 'they' say was faked?

The thread was prompted by this.

BBC News - US in worldwide travel alert after 'al-Qaeda threat'

It's absolutely true.
Many times, I'm asked if I'm American but once they find out I'm not, their whole attitude changes for the better.
In my opinion, U.S. foreign policy is endangering Americans all over the world and putting others in danger because they may be mistaken for Americans.
That's why many Canadians wear Canadian flag pins when travelling abroad -- and why some savvy Americans wear Canadian flag pins when travelling abroad !!

Maybe Canadians are just proud of their country. Any Americans wearing Canadian flag pins to hide their true nationality don't deserve to be Americans and should hide at home or move to Canada (although Canada is starting to get the idea and is becoming more conservative - ha!).

Forum List

Back