AOC: "growing cauliflower is colonial, we should grow culturally significant plants like yucca"

Cauliflower was considered "brain food" back in the day before IQ impaired, democrat imbeciles were voted in by illegal aliens and assorted non-White morons.

/——/ So in addition to calling us white supremacist, you add on colonists as an insult?

"colonialist" is a very old insult. I have heard it for 50 years from
people from south east asia

He wrote "colonist", not colonialist.

Not that either one makes an iota of sense here.

"colonialist"----is---what I THINK Aoc said----in the form of COLONIALIST MENTALITY ------a preference for WHITE
VEGETABLES

Again ---- and I already told you this while you were going :lalala: ---- that still makes no sense, as cauliflower, at least the part we eat, is already white. Until it ages anyway. So how would planting yucca instead of cauliflower mean a "colonialist" mentality?

Y'all just don't read, that's what it is.

And that's only if we first accept that "colonialist" means something about "white supremacy", which we don't. But if we did it wouldn't work.

See where fake headlines take you?

My impression was that she feels many people of color are not familiar with Cauliflower and are simply more familiar with Yucca, therefore they have no interest in planting colonialist type foods. I think she underestimates people here.
/——-/ What a racist thing to say. And weren’t there “people of color” here in colonial times? AOC is an ignorant bitch. BTW cauliflower originated in the Mediterranean and was brought here.

According to AOC, if you plant cauliflowers, you’re probably a closet white supremacist...who knew.

Ocasio Cortez: Planting cauliflower is racist, y'all
/———-/ look at all the colonialist, racist, white privileged food:

Plowing a field at Great Hopes plantation.

Farming encompasses the life skills of most colonial Virginians
Farmers worked the land and generally grew cash crops of tobacco and wheat, as well as a variety of other food and fiber crops like corn, oats, cotton, flax, and hemp. They raised livestock, including beef, dairy and oxen cattle, horses, hogs, sheep, and poultry.

According to AOC, if you plant cauliflowers, you’re probably a closet white supremacist...who knew.

I said to myself -- this is too damn moronic even for her. And then I read the rant..

She's got a big dictator complex with "being the boss" and all.. This is just fucking insane... Pretty sure she's gonna face a primary challenger...

Sad part is -- REPUBS and maybe just instigators that love this display of arrogance and ignorance will probably send in MILLIONS to keep her around...

Maybe she is the "karmic justice" for Trump flacaltenn
The more he mouths off and gets away with trolling "liberals on the left."
it produces the equal and opposite reaction in the universe.
And Cortez provided the balance for "whiteys on the right."

Without those two, the universe would not be able to contain all the BS.
But with both going at the same time, left and right, they cancel each other out!

cauliflower with cheese is ALSO a delight----and SOUP form----not
COLONIALIST at all

Already DID read it again, because this thread is a rerun.

She cannot "infer". Only WE can infer, which several here have done, completely erroneously. Reading comp strikes again.

Also did a word search. There's no mention made of "race" in any way shape or form.

Say it with me now ---- FAKE HEADLINE.
/——/ So in addition to calling us white supremacist, you add on colonists as an insult?

"colonialist"----is---what I THINK Aoc said----in the form of COLONIALIST MENTALITY ------a preference for WHITE
VEGETABLES

Again ---- and I already told you this while you were going :lalala: ---- that still makes no sense, as cauliflower, at least the part we eat, is already white. Until it ages anyway. So how would planting yucca instead of cauliflower mean a "colonialist" mentality?

And that's only if we first accept that "colonialist" means something about "white supremacy", which we don't. But if we did it wouldn't work.

When we keep talking about Alinsky stuff like this, it is the reason you need to be put into camps or worse before we do. History never learns its lessons from murdering thugs like your selves. And the Asians did their own colonialism called the caste system. Kept themselves in a semi prison. Today, they have been unshackled by capitalism. So you will be glad to know they will rule the world at some point. You see, we have promoted and made into law our own caste system.

Pogoid----stop being a picky white ass. She DID say those who plant
cauliflower have a COLONIALIST mentality

I know of no definition in any language where "colonial" has anything to do with "race" or "white supremacy".

And no, that's not what she said anyway. The comment was bizarre but it does refer to planting yucca INSTEAD OF cauliflower. That would make cauliflower the preferred choice.

As I said ----- simple reading. It's a lost art.

Read it again. This time realize you're reading the mind of a raving lunatic...

She infers ALL of that in that twitterstorm of challenged brain cells she's famous for...

She cannot "infer". Only WE can infer, which several here have done, completely erroneously. Reading comp strikes again.

Also did a word search. There's no mention made of "race" in any way shape or form. Not anywhere.

She refers to white communities, and environmental colonialism is an inherently eurocentric i.e. white criticism. Sure the headline and whole thrust of the thread are off kilter, but because she doesn't explicitly use the word "race" does not mean that race is not being discussed. I am pretty sure she doesn't really understand what EC is, or at least she is torturing the hell out of it talking about cauliflower v. yucca. You would be hard pressed to find a street in my city that doesn't have a yucca on it somewhere or the other. Anyway, I have never heard of a community garden that was so regulated the people were forced to grow one type of vegetable and banned from growing another type.

the problem is far more INSIDIOUS then being FORCED or RESTRICTED as to what veggies to grow------it is years of
OPPRESSION that have cleared the YUCCA out of our populations and replaced the YUCCA with white ass stringbeans. You have Yucca growing in your city? do people dig up the roots and eat them?.
I grew up in an area where violets grew everywhere----even in the cracks of the sidewalks------but NO ONE ATE THEM because we were racists---
the French "candy" them Only a few people ate the prevalent
dandelion greens ------uhm----the Italians----so the protestants
didn't

I don't know if anybody ever digs them up to eat or not, but it is kind of pointless since you can just but tapioca flour in the store and save yourself all the work. I have seen yucca fries on at least one menu but didn't try them. Green Beans originated in Peru BTW so your acting like europe is oppressing you by eating green beans is ironic, since south america is the one that had oppressed kids all over the world for generations by forcing them to eat those BROWN ASS STRINGBEANS!!!!!

Nope, not even remotely close. There is literally no allusion to "race" anywhere except the headline itself. Literally, as in Zero.

You swallowed a fake headline just because you wish it were true. And you did that because you're a partisan hack.

We did this a few days ago. Go learn how to read. And quit swallowing fake headlines, Dumbass.

What a surprise, you can't read....what a shock.

D7MTQnnWsAIx94i.jpg

kris kander on Twitter

AOC wants----uhm PLANTAINS------do plantains thrive in the BRONX?.

It's a jungle out there. They can cook the plantains in Hell's kitchen too.
/—-/ When I moved to NY, I bought what I thought was a banana from a fruit stand. I bit into it then spit it out. I told the guy it was the worst banana I ever had. He said, that’s because it a plantain. I said what the hell is a plantain? He said, it’s like a banana but only different.

Actually, I like those a quite a lot. Slice them up thin and saute in olive oil with some cayenne pepper until they brown. Get some of that sweet and spicy thing going.... though it might be an acquired taste.

According to AOC, you know what that means...LOL.

VEGETABLES

My impression was that she feels many people of color are not familiar with Cauliflower and are simply more familiar with Yucca, therefore they have no interest in planting colonialist type foods. I think she underestimates people here.

I have no idea what it means but it damn sure has nothing to do with race, which wasn't even mentioned.

I don't know what's involved in yucca cultivation but cauliflower is not that easy. I wouldn't want the headache. Needs constant attention. But again, it would need the same attention regardless what my race was, so this headline is just bizzaro.

I know of no definition in any language where "colonial" has anything to do with "race" or "white supremacy".

And no, that's not what she said anyway. The comment was bizarre but it does refer to planting yucca INSTEAD OF cauliflower. That would make cauliflower the preferred choice.

She infers ALL of that in that twitterstorm of challenged brain cells she's famous for...

Also did a word search. There's no mention made of "race" in any way shape or form. Not anywhere.

She refers to white communities, and environmental colonialism is an inherently eurocentric i.e. white criticism. Sure the headline and whole thrust of the thread are off kilter, but because she doesn't explicitly use the word "race" does not mean that race is not being discussed. I am pretty sure she doesn't really understand what EC is, or at least she is torturing the hell out of it talking about cauliflower v. yucca. You would be hard pressed to find a street in my city that doesn't have a yucca on it somewhere or the other. Anyway, I have never heard of a community garden that was so regulated the people were forced to grow one type of vegetable and banned from growing another type.

the problem is far more INSIDIOUS then being FORCED or RESTRICTED as to what veggies to grow------it is years of
OPPRESSION that have cleared the YUCCA out of our populations and replaced the YUCCA with white ass stringbeans. You have Yucca growing in your city? do people dig up the roots and eat them?.
I grew up in an area where violets grew everywhere----even in the cracks of the sidewalks------but NO ONE ATE THEM because we were racists---
the French "candy" them Only a few people ate the prevalent
dandelion greens ------uhm----the Italians----so the protestants
didn't

I don't know if anybody ever digs them up to eat or not, but it is kind of pointless since you can just but tapioca flour in the store and save yourself all the work. I have seen yucca fries on at least one menu but didn't try them. Green Beans originated in Peru BTW so your acting like europe is oppressing you by eating green beans is ironic, since south america is the one that had oppressed kids all over the world for generations by forcing them to eat those BROWN ASS STRINGBEANS!!!!!

ANYTHING you buy in the store is going to be "easier" than cultivating it when you take into account all the time and attention it requires. That's not the point of growing stuff in a private garden.

Must say I'm not familiar with "brown ass stringbeans". I'm afraid to even ask what they smell like.

Nope, not even remotely close. You swallowed a fake headline just because you wish it were true.

We did this a few days ago. Go learn how to read.

Pogoid----stop being a picky white ass. She DID say those who plant
cauliflower have a COLONIALIST mentality

She refers to white communities, and environmental colonialism is an inherently eurocentric i.e. white criticism. Sure the headline and whole thrust of the thread are off kilter, but because she doesn't explicitly use the word "race" does not mean that race is not being discussed.

Actually yes that's exactly what it means. It's a fake headline. What's so hard to get about that?

If you take a treatise about syntactical evolution in the Polish language, you can't go "see? They're talking about Studebakers". Because they're not.

Let's face it --- all this is is yet-one-more emanation of a gaggle of parrots trained to squawk on cue at the tiniest details --- right down to tweets --- on one particular Congresscritter, hundreds and thousands of miles from their own district, obviously because she intimidates them and because they follow parrot-orders. We don't see this kind of scrutiny over Congresscritters from anywhere else, including posters' own districts. Next week we'll hear whining about which way she mounts a roll of toilet paper and how much she tips in a restaurant. It's kind of sad.

What if you like cauliflower raw with ranch but think it's a horror show cooked?

I'm so confused by these new rules

boiled plain cauliflower (my mom's approach) is INDEED a horror
story------but spiced up and mixed up with other veggies ---it is a DELIGHT.

Mine goes in -- if it goes in at all -- last in the pot, just to steam a bit if it's part of say a curry.
Otherwise it's raw, dipped in hummus.

VEGETABLES

I have no idea what it means but it damn sure has nothing to do with race, which wasn't even mentioned.

I don't know what's involved in yucca cultivation but cauliflower is not that easy. I wouldn't want the headache. Needs constant attention. But again, it would need the same attention regardless what my race was, so this headline is just bizzaro.
It's YUCA. Yucca with two c's is a cousin of yuca that we make supplements out of, but don't eat.
When I looked it up ('cuz I had no idea what it was) first thing I saw was "yuca (or cassava) ... do not confuse it with yucca. They are entirely different plants."
I know you like to get things right, Pogo.

I think you are being far too literal in your interpretation of what she said. She was definitely saying that a lot of folks of color aren't interested in community gardening because it's all these white cracker vegetables, not vegetables they're familiar with. Of course, if she had ever tried growing anything other than a philodendron, she would realize that none of these veggies she mentioned will grow in Zone 5 New York.

VEGETABLES

It's YUCA. Yucca with two c's is a cousin of yuca that we make supplements out of, but don't eat.
When I looked it up ('cuz I had no idea what it was) first thing I saw was "yuca (or cassava) ... do not confuse it with yucca. They are entirely different plants."

I think you are being far too literal in your interpretation of what she said. She was definitely saying that a lot of folks of color aren't interested in community gardening because it's all these white cracker vegetables, not vegetables they're familiar with. Of course, if she had ever tried growing anything other than a philodendron, she would realize that none of these veggies she mentioned will grow in Zone 5 New York.
/—-/ So why don’t you libs allow your pets to grow soul food? They could put in black eyed peas, watermelon and collard greens- but they need your permission.

VEGETABLES

No idea. I know next to nothing about yucca and never even heard of yuca. I believe the text, whatever it means, says the former, but again it referred to disdain for growing it (whichever) instead of cauliflower. And for all I know yuc(c)a may be easier to grow in its climate -- cauliflower is pretty sensitive, but it certainly can be grown in New York. What she's saying, as far as can be verbally navigated at all in a stream-of-consciousness, is that it would be wrong to impose the idea of growing yucca and plantains instead of cauliflower --- not that New Yorkers should be growing them.

But again, exactly because it is such an inchoate stream of consciousness tweet, as opposed to a composed speech or op-ed that would be the normal medium of normal political discourse, it's all too easy for the sleazy to append a fake headline and go "look! white supremacy", knowing there are enough of the antisentient element who will read no further than the headline and swallow it whole, as the OP did. Because that way they make money from ad clicks.

I keep coming back to the maxim, "nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public".

VEGETABLES

No idea. I know next to nothing about yucca and never even heard of yuca. I believe the text, whatever it means, says the former, but again it referred to disdain for growing it (whichever) instead of cauliflower. And for all I know yuc(c)a may be easier to grow in its climate -- cauliflower is pretty sensitive, but it certainly can be grown in New York. What she's saying, as far as can be verbally navigated at all in a stream-of-consciousness, is that it would be wrong to impose the idea of growing yucca and plantains instead of cauliflower --- not that New Yorkers should be growing them.

But again, exactly because it is such an inchoate stream of consciousness tweet, as opposed to a composed speech or op-ed that would be the normal medium of normal political discourse, it's all too easy for the sleazy to append a fake headline and go "look! white supremacy", knowing there are enough of the antisentient element who will read no further than the headline and swallow it whole, as the OP did. Because that way they make money from ad clicks.

I keep coming back to the maxim, "nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public".
I agree with you that the headline is misleading, per usual around here.
The rest is a valiant effort, but I'm interpreting her stream of consciousness differently.
BTW, yuca does not grow north of Zone 8. New York is in Zone 5.

Forum List

Back