AOC: "growing cauliflower is colonial, we should grow culturally significant plants like yucca"

Did she really say this? It's like she has to out do herself by saying something even more crazy than her previous statement every time she opens her mouth.

" Yucca are desert plants native to the Southwestern United States, Mexico, and Central America."

Not much of a garden plant in her neighborhood...

And I doubt it's as nutritional as cauliflower.

Okay, this one is a little out there. Could a community garden in New York actually grow the Yucca. Outside, wet, cold climates are not conducive to the Yucca plant.

" Yucca are desert plants native to the Southwestern United States, Mexico, and Central America."

Dammit, it's RACIST not to grow yucca in NYC!

I think she meant yuca, also known as cassava, which is a root vegetable--a South American substitute for potato.
If you don't harvest it every year, it turns into a tree, btw.
cassava-plant-large.jpg

Yucca isn't the thing people eat. They make nutritional supplements out of it or something.

Plantains, which she also suggested, grow on trees, don't they? They're those hard banana things. Not great for a community garden. But hey, how much does a girl from the Bronx know about gardening?

I think she meant yuca, also known as cassava, which is a root vegetable--a South American substitute for potato.
If you don't harvest it every year, it turns into a tree, btw.
cassava-plant-large.jpg

So she doesn't know plants and is giving advice on what we should plant?

How will a rain forest plant survive in New York.

Forum List

Back